Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, so sorry this has taken so very long to get out. I actually started working on this last week and was only able to get around 500 words in 4days! Damn Muse was being difficult.

I hope you like this update. I'm not too sure about it, but if I don't post it this story will never get done because I am going to go mad. Please be kind and let me know! :) Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!
The shuffle of shoes against the floor caught Buffy’s attention, quickly making her aware of three rapid heartbeats behind her. Tilting her head backwards ever so slightly, Buffy spotted Spike’s friends wide eyed and slack jawed by the backdoor. Offering up the tiniest of smiles, Buffy tapped on Spike’s shoulder and murmured, “Um…Spike? We’ve got company.”

“Bloody fucking hell!” Spike cried in disgust as he wrapped his arms around Buffy and helped her off the kitchen island; pulling her against his body to shield her from his friends stares. “Ever ‘eard of knockin’ on a bloke’s door instead of jus’ barging in?”

“Sorry, man. We’ve never had to knock, didn’t think this time would be any different.” Angel apologized, his hand still firmly placed over Fred’s eyes; shielding her from what he knew was a heartbreaking discovery for the petite Texan. While Spike was obviously oblivious to her affections, Angel and Gunn had known about the crush from the beginning. Growing impatient, Fred’s fingernails were digging deeply into his forearm as she struggled to be free from his grasp. “Angel let go!” She demanded, using all of her strength to remove his massive hand from her eyes; finally free, the rail thin brunette could only stare unbelievingly at the couple before her.

“Um, we’ll just go man.” Gunn interjected, beginning to usher Angel and a shocked Fred out the door. “Call us later, ok?”

“No, wait. Jus’ go into the living room, yeah? Need to go over some things with you lot anyway. Buffy an’ I will be along in a moment.”

“Buffy?” Fred asked quietly, her voice quivering slightly and blinking furiously to hold back the tears that were beginning to prick in her eyes. While the blonde in Spike’s arms had seemed familiar, she had been unable to put a name to the face so to speak and figured her to be someone he had picked up the night before.

“Hold up! Buffy? As in that girl that kicked your scrawny white ass a couple of years ago? Man, that’s fucked up!” Gunn’s face clouded with a mixture of confusion and rage as he stepped closer to the blonde couple; Spike tucked Buffy behind him in a protective manner, instinct preparing him for a fight.

“Calm down, mate.” Spike urged Gunn, his heart clenching when he saw a single tear slip down Fred’s face as Angel wrapped his arms around her in a comforting embrace. “I’ll explain everything, yeah? Jus’ go into the living room and we’ll talk.” He watched silently as his friends shuffled into the other room, Gunn muttering under his breath the entire way. Turning around to Buffy, who hadn’t said a word during the whole ordeal, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close; needing to feel her touch. “Not exactly the way I ‘ad planned on them finding out about us, kitten, but I guess it’ll ‘ave to do. You ready for this?”

“Spike, maybe I should just make myself scarce for a while. Ya know…give you guys some alone time away the cause of the whole mess?” Nervous, Buffy fidgeted with the hem of her borrowed shirt and intentionally avoided Spike’s eyes.

“What?! No, Buffy…I wan’ you with me, pet. They’re bloody well going to ‘ave to accept you sooner or later, and I’d prefer that it wasn’t later.” Spike pulled her close and kissed the tip of her nose, “Love that nose, kitten.”

“Flattery will get you everywhere, Slayer.” Buffy replied saucily before titling her head to accept a kiss from Spike that quickly went from innocent to explicit in a matter of moments. Placing her hands on his chest and lightly pushing him away, she said, “As much as I would rather being doing that with you instead of what we have to do, your friends are waiting for us. So, ready to face the wolves?”

“Don’t figure they’d appreciate being called wolves, luv; but yeah, ‘bout as ready as I’ll ever be. But, we will most certainly be finishing this later.” Taking one of Buffy’s small hands in his, Spike lead the way to the living room to face what he figured would be one hell of a tough crowd. Warily, he skirted around the room and briefly scanned his male friends for any obvious signs of stakes before settling next to Buffy on the maroon couch. “Thanks for staying, guys…er, and girl.”

“Yeah, well, it sounded important; but then again, so did whatever you had going on last night, right? Just didn’t know that “big bad” business was Buffy.” Angel replied sarcastically, giving his best friend a serious case of the stinky eye.

“Oi! You can’t possibly think I blew you guys off so I could go shag!” Spike cried incredulously, his head swinging back and forth across his friends looking for a sign that they were joking. Not seeing any shaky smiles or mischievous twinkles in their eyes, Spike threw his hands up and said, “Oh well that’s just bloody fantastic, innit? Like I’ve ever given you lot a reason to doubt me?”

“Spike, you have to admit that finding you all warm and cozy with her makes it a difficult for us to believe you weren’t doing just that, dontcha think? We’re supposed to be your friends, the least you could’ve done was tell us the truth.” Fred interjected quietly from the corner of the room where she sat slumped in his father’s favorite recliner.

“It’s the truth, I promise!” Spike swore vehemently. “We ran into each other at the club last night and that’s when I found out that her two sires had it in big time for me. They’re here, in Sunnydale…or, at least one of them is, anyway.

When I left you guys, I ran into Tara downtown and insisted on walking her home to make sure she was safe and all. Long story short, I ran into her sires, Willow and Xander, in the graveyard…the one by the bookstore? We fought, the red headed chick attacked Tara…who is in the hospital, by the way…and I thought that I was a goner, too. Xander had me by the short hairs, you see…with the whole ‘Move and we kill your little friend’ routine. But she saved me…and Tara. Buffy dusted her grandsire for us without a second thought about what she was doing. After that…we’ll I guess you already know the rest of the story, yeah?”

“Yeah, no need to go into the disturbing details of your boinking session with the undead, Spike.” Fred ground passed tightly clenched teeth; her face was flushed red with not only anger, but disappointment as she got out of the chair and stared directly at Buffy. “You just couldn’t leave him alone, could you? He almost died last time! And now you bring a whole new problem to town?! You should have just stayed away from him!” Her body was shaking now, tears building in her doe like brown eyes. “Well, you know what, Spike? I’m not going to stand around and watch her hurt you again.” Unable to keep the sadness at bay any longer, Fred rushed from the room; her face streaking with hot tears.

“I’ll go after her. She doesn’t need to be out there wandering around alone; especially since it’s going to get dark soon.” Gunn headed for the front door, which remained wide open after Fred’s departure. “For what it’s worth, bro…I’m glad you guys are all right, but I hope this thing…” He said, gesturing to the blonde couple on the couch, “is worth it, cause I ain’t too sure Fred’s gonna be able to forgive you anytime soon.”

Lost in thought, Spike was pulled from his daze by the sound of the front door slamming shut. Turning back to his remaining friend, who was openly staring at Buffy with an unreadable expression on his face, Spike ran his hands through his hair and inquired nervously, “So, mate…what’s your opinion? Gonna tear me a new one like the rest of them?”

“Can you stop her?” Angel asked, staring at Buffy. “What’s her name? Willow? Can you stop her before she does something else?”

“Yes.” Buffy replied honestly; staring eye to eye with Angel, she continued, “I don’t care what happens to me, I won’t let her hurt Spike or anyone he cares about.”

“Then I don’t guess I have a problem with you two being together. Just…you know…no biting in front of me, ok?” Angel grimaced at the thought of watching the blonde vampire having a meal with his best friend’s neck. He wasn’t totally oblivious; he had spotted the tiny puncture wounds on Spike’s neck when in the kitchen. While almost completely healed, thanks to Slayer healing, the bright fluorescent lighting made them stand out. “Look, I’m gonna go check on Fred. She’s taking this relationship a lot harder than when you dated Drusilla.”

“And why, exactly is she that upset, Angel?” Spike asked with a blank look on his face, but scowled when Buffy started snickering beside him. “What?”

“She’s crushing on you big time, dork!” Buffy managed to get out between giggles. “You mean you actually didn’t know? Are you totally blind?”

“Fred? A crush on me?” Spike looked questioningly at Angel who had joined in the laugh fest with Buffy. “Since when?”
“Man you really are clueless. Are you sure that blonde hair is fake?” Angel quickly exited the living room and moved to the safety of the foyer when confronted by a perturbed blonde vampire who was currently staring him down with a cocked eyebrow. “Look, I’ll call you later; Spike, and let you know how Fred is doing. Give her some time to cool down before you go see her.” Not bothering to wait for a reply, Angel exited the house and headed towards Fred’s apartment.

Inside the house, Spike and Buffy sat in silence; unsure of what to say to one another. Finally, Buffy broke the ice, “I’m gonna go, ok? I’m in major need of actual clothes at this point.” Scooting off the couch, Buffy tried walking around him to go to the bedroom, but was snatched back when Spike grabbed one of her legs.

“Not leaving, kitten.” He muttered against her belly as he held her tightly around the waist. “Jus’ got you…not ready for you to go. We’ll both go, but you’re coming back here. In fact,” Spike pulled away from her stomach, glaring up at Buffy with a fierce look in his eyes, “you’re moving in ‘ere with me, yeah? It’s too bloody dangerous for you to be in that place all alone.”

“You can’t be serious?! What about your dad? And, hello…vampire, here…I can take care of myself, Spike.” Buffy reached out and brushed a wayward tendril off his forehead and had a fleeting thought that he was adorable without his hair slicked down with gel.

“My Da’s gone for another couple of weeks visiting friends in London, kitten. And, I am well aware that you are a vampire; jus’ being near you sends my Slayer senses into hyper drive. I want you ‘ere with me, yeah? Always.”

“Well, how can a girl say No to that? Guess I’m moving in, Slayer.”



TBC...