Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok here goes but this is it until someone agrees to beta the next chapter. I have been trying to get someone to help as suggested with no luck. HELP!!!

As for this chapter you will recognize parts from several episoded including "Fool for Love", "Into the Woods", and the two I can never remember the names of where Dawn finds out she is the key and with the Buffybot. Of course since this is AU it is only peices of the dialog from those episodes. The part at the end about Joyce's treatment just so we are clear I MADE IT UP. I don't think it would really be any doctors advice.

Now again someone please beta for me the next chapter desperatly needs one as there are many similarities and could be problems without a second set of eyes.

Thank you for the good reviews and those who told me to get a beta are you willing to volunteer????
As Rupert removed dinner from the oven Spike turned his attention to the marshmallow, walnut, chocolate chunk brownies. He couldn’t help but smile who would have thought he would be in the Slayer’s kitchen helping her Watcher/Stepfather cook dinner for “family dinner night” a few short months ago…

Buffy came to him to find out how he had killed the two Slayers, he told her lies about when he was human and the truth about all Slayers eventually having a death wish. He had tried to kiss her that night and she pushed him away said he was “beneath her,” just like that bitch Cecily and …someone else…maybe it was always on the edge of his memory. Oh well he remembers his rage at Buffy he needed to kill her but not with his fangs (which he could use because he had his chip removed right after Captain Cardboard had his out) that was too good, too honorable a death for her, he was going to use a shotgun.

Before he left he told Harmony to get out if she was there when he got back she would be dust in the wind. He had not wanted to hear her whiney voice anymore and was tired of trying to pretend she was the woman he loved. Just because she was blond and went to school with Buffy did not mean they were anything alike and he was tired of a cheap substitute. When he arrived at the Summer’s house he saw a dejected Slayer sitting on the back porch and knew the problem had nothing to do with demons or Slayer issues those she could handle tonight she looked defeated.

When she looked up at him, he knew he couldn’t kill her and just sat down beside her. She had leaned her head on his shoulder then, Spike didn’t know what was wrong but knew a woman in need of a shoulder to lean on when he saw one so he just sat there and let her lean on him until she got up to go inside. She seemed to feel better and as she was about to disappear into the house whispered a quit thank you.

He found out about Joyce a few days later, at the same time he found out that Joyce and the Watcher had finally decided to stop beating about the bush and get on with it already. The night after Joyce’s surgery he was at his usual post holding up the tree in the Summer’s front yard. He had heard his Slayer and her solider boy go at it and almost wept when he heard her cries of pleasure.

He was just snuffing out his fag and getting ready to go home to a bag of blood and some Jack Daniels when he saw the boy exit the front door. He thought bloody hell, the bastard was just inside the most perfect woman to ever walk the earth and he’s leaving. Spike knew he had to follow him, when Iowa went to an abounded building Spike knew as a whorehouse he followed him inside just to be sure. Spike heard him being greeted and saw him go into an upstairs room and begin to be sucked on and jerked off. He had not known whether to vomit or jump for joy at the sight but knew Buffy had to know.

He had just climbed the tree outside Buffy’s window and was getting ready to knock on it when he noticed that Buffy was writhing around on the bed. He had pushed himself back into the shadows of the tree and watched as Buffy continued to pleasure herself. She had her head thrown back in the pillows, with one hand she was twisting and pulling on the nipple of her breast with the other she held a vibrator, one of those with a clitoral stimulator where the shaft rotated, which he could hear going at a high rate and was thrusting it in and out of her pussy with such force and speed that he knew no mortal man could have duplicated.

He could have though, if she let him, maybe he should offer; no she would stake him for that. Reaching down to adjust his growing hard on he continued to watch as she thrust the vibrator in and out of herself and then she came screaming “AHHHHHHHH……………YES….. FUCK…………. YES” she hadn’t cum that hard for solider boy, he smiled. Then he saw the thing that almost had him coming in his pants and falling from the tree; Buffy had turned off the vibrator she reached into a box under the bed and put her toy away. She then pulled out a butt plug with a long handle, he’d never seen a hot pink one before, she slid it in into her wet channel and twirled it around a few times, then she twisted around and began to shove it and out of her ass.

While she was fucking her own ass he heard her panting, “One day I’d like this to be a real cock. Ahhhh……” Spike couldn’t believe his ears he remembered her offering him her virgin ass when they were ‘engaged’ but assumed Riley had beat his and every other cock there. Realizing her ass was still virgin he released his throbbing shaft from his jeans and just let it enjoy the night air afraid to do anything else for fear she would notice and stake him or worse stop what she was doing. He turned his full attention back to his moaning goddess who was stroking her clit while fucking her own ass, she came again shuddering.


Spike watched as she replaced the plug in the toy box and then pulled out a nine inch dildo about an inch thick, shoved it in her pussy, moaned softly and closed her eyes for sleep. Spike couldn’t believe it the Slayer was going to sleep with that inside her!!!!!!! He had never wanted to be a piece of plastic before but what he wouldn’t give to replace that dildo with his own painfully hard cock. He had to get a look in that box and see what other goodies she hid there.

Knowing there was no way solider boy was still at the whorehouse, not to mention in his condition one look at him and the Slayer would stake him, he swung out of the tree planning on taking the Slayer to see Riley’s cheating tomorrow night. When he reached the base of the tree he stroked himself a few times and came with an intensity he had not experienced in some time, as he tucked himself back in his pants he stared at the base of the tree, and smirked at his cum there wondering if anyone would notice tomorrow.

The next evening he did two things first he made sure the solider was going to be at the whorehouse which when he heard boring boy tell his mates he would be at Buffy’s he knew this would be his chance. He went to the Slayer’s house just to be sure the boy did not show up there, Spike listened as Buffy got ready for bed and considered out loud using her toys deciding not to in case Riley came by. When he was sure that the solider would not be by and the whorehouse was open for business he entered the Slayer’s bedroom she was covered by a thin sheet and he waited for her to notice him, he was thinking about how best to wake her when she sat up in bed reaching for a stake. “You know you risk all your parts when you come her like this don’t you.”

“Yeah well got something to...are you naked under there?” He knew she was sleeping nude, knew what she looked like under the sheet too but as he made the statement he tried to not so subtlety sneak a peak. After all he did want another look besides the best way to keep her from knowing about the free show he had last night was to make her think he hadn’t seen it before. Best defense, a good offense and all that.

Oh, wait she was glaring at him time to get on with what he came for. “You need to see something get dressed I’ll wait downstairs.”

When they got to the whorehouse he took Buffy upstairs and opened the door where her “boyfriend” was holed up. Spike stood back and watched as the emotions passed over the perfect face of his love, horror, confusion, betrayal, disgust, hurt, and then the one that broke his heart and made him wish he had not brought her here, humiliation. She turned and ran from the building Spike went to follow then realized he would not be welcome, that he would somehow be blamed for Riley’s shortcomings.

Spike watched as the solider followed Buffy and tried to talk to her, he hoped that Buffy would know she was worth more than this idiot.

The next day the bastard came by his crypt, staked him before he even had time to register the deadly weapon. Wait a tick he wasn’t dust, huh. That’s when the boy explained it was plastic. Spike admitted to the jackass yes he loved Buffy. He then said some cruel things about being lucky because he knew she would never be his but how horrible it must be to be inside her and know she was not really there, not that he believed Buffy would be so shallow. But solider boy seemed to buy it and after how he made Buffy feel Spike could smile at the torture.

Part of him wanted to rip Riley’s dick off and shove it down his throat but then everyone would know Spike’s chip was out and he could not be close to Buffy. So he exercised more self-control than anyone including he knew he had.

Spike avoided the Slayer and her friends the next few days figuring she would need to work this out on her own and again knowing he would be blamed somehow. He was out patrolling one night hoping to find some rapist he could eat, those blokes he knew no one would miss and fighting the odd demon for sport, when he ran into her again.

“Hey what ya doing?” she had asked.

“Figured you’d need to be working things out with your sweetie bear, so I’d patrol for you.” He had responded bitterly.

“Riley left. He went back to the army. Flew away in a helicopter I tried to stop him but was too late.”

“Why?”

“I guess I ran too slow.”

“No, not why were you too late why did you try to stop him?” She had just shrugged in answer. “Was his apology that fantastic, I’m sorry by the way I’m going back to the army?” She mumbled something even he couldn’t hear. “What was that I didn’t hear you?’

“I said he didn’t exactly apologize.” Spike just stared at her at this statement. “What it’s not like I’m going to do any better. He knew who I was and was willing to put up with it. And… and he loved me and treated me nice and didn’t care that I was stronger than him and loved me. So there.”

Spike didn’t care if he got staked he could not let that inane little rant stand. “He loved you?”

“Yes” was her firm reply.

“That was a rhetorical question you stupid bint. How can you say he loved you? He cheated on you. Not only did he cheat on you, he cheated on you with creatures it is your scared duty to kill. He let himself be a chew toy for a whore who could have killed him or turned him at any moment. He put himself, you, your mum, and the bit in danger.” No reply. “That’s a question I do want an answer to.”

“He said he wanted to know what I saw in vampires with letting Angel and Dracula bite me. Said that I didn’t need him and they did and he wanted to feel needed.”

“First, you let Angel bite you to save his life not get off; and Dracula forced you to do it. Second it was not your job to make him feel needed. You say he accepted your strength yet he wanted you to make him feel needed. Did he ever make you feel needed? Needed in the I would do anything just to be in your presence for another second way? The I’m drowning in you, you’re all I think about way?” She looked at him and he saw her fighting back tears as she said.

“No one has or will ever need me like that I just don’t inspire those feelings.” She then appeared to find something on the ground very interesting and Spike could smell her tears in the air.

Spike reached under her chin and lifted her head gently. “Everyone has someone like that. You just need to find yours. You are special and unique and a gift, don’t let anyone tell you different.” He then bent his head and kissed her gently on the lips, he pulled away before she could feel his growing erection or he was tempted to deepen the kiss beyond a gentle touch. This was not about sating his desire or taking advantage of her when she was vulnerable this was about her knowing how special she was. “Never doubt what an incredible woman you are.” With that Spike turned and went back to his crypt for another night with his hand and Jack Daniels.

The next few nights Spike would run into Buffy in the cemetery and they would patrol for a bit and talk. It was getting to be a good unlife for him. On the third night Buffy passed along Joyce’s invitation to the wedding, which Spike wouldn’t have missed for the world.

“Where are they going for the honeymoon and for how long?” he had asked.

“They are just gonna stay at the Sunnydale Hotel for the weekend.”


“I can understand only a weekend but they need to get out of town if they expect any privacy. A man needs privacy if he plans on making his bride scream.” He had retorted wiggling his eyebrows.

“Ewwwwwwwww sooo not the picture I want of my mom and Giles. I have a hard enough time with the police car.”

“What police car?”

“That’s right you wouldn’t know. Remember Ethan Raines?” Spike nodded and Buffy continued. “Well in between Halloween and turning Giles into a demon he was in Sunnydale two other times the first doesn’t matter but on the second he was working for the mayor, he put a spell on some candy which was being sold to raise money for new band uniforms. The ‘Band Candy’ turned all the adults into their teenage selves so that the mayor could kidnap all the babies from the hospital for a sacrifice. Under the influence of the ‘Band Candy’ mom and Giles happened to be together and apparently they would have gotten along very well as teenagers.”

“Still not getting the whole police car part, pet.”

“I’m getting there; anyhow a few months later I fell under the influence of a mind reading demon and could not stop myself from hearing everyone’s thoughts. The thing my mom was most afraid I’d find out, so of course that was what she was thinking, was that her and Giles had sex…on a police car…twice under the influence of the ‘Band Candy’.” By this point Spike was laughing so hard he was fighting back tears.

“I guess that explains what took them so long to get where they both wanted to be, embarrassment. That should never stand in the way of going for something which could be special.” Buffy smiled and nodded at this statement. Meanwhile Spike realized who he could call to arrange something for Joyce she was worth it. When he told Buffy what he had arranged the day before the wedding of course the question of how he found the place and how he paid for it came up. He implied he found it on the Internet and promised the money he used was not gotten immorally so not to worry. He knew Joyce’s faith in him was the only reason his gift was accepted.

The Friday night after the wedding he snuck into the tree again he just wanted to watch her sleep. He got a lot more. Buffy entered her bedroom and took off her robe she was nude and facing the window. He just stared as she walked toward him not sure whether she saw him or not. Then she began to talk to herself as she had the other night. “It’s been awhile. Tonight I think I need a little release.” She pulled her toy box out from under the bed and dumped the contents on her bed.

The first thing she picked up was a set of handcuffs, “Really want to use these someday…need someone to cuff me first though.” Ohh Spike thought a running commentary. Then she picked up a riding crop, “Need another person,” a feather, “Another person,” blindfold, “another person,” paddle, “another person,” ball gag, “another person.” Spike was so hard he had to open his jeans and free his throbbing shaft to the night air, he’d be her other person on either end of those things.

From her first remark though he knew her desire was for someone else to be the one wielding the crop, feather and paddle and putting the cuffs, blindfold and gag on her. Made sense her having to be so in control in the rest of her life she needed to be dominated by someone she could trust. As she was examining the toys to be used with someone else she put them away.

“Now for the ones I bought I can actually use.” She picked up a devise Spike recognized as a clitoral stimulator with varying speeds he remembered using that on Dru. Buffy shook her head and put that away the nine inch dildo she had slept around was laid on the nightstand. She then picked up that hot pink butt plug, “Not in the mood tonight, I still want the real thing.” She put that back in the box along with about three others of varying sizes; Spike didn’t know how much more he could take before he spontaneously combusted but a sunrise could not have moved him at this point. By this time she had moved through her collection of about six or seven different vibrators and was debating between two. She made her decision put the losing vibe away and replaced the box under the bed.


The winner she turned on briefly and she watched the stimulator vibrate and the shaft with beads in it rotate, she then arranged her pillows on the bed and leaned on them. She turned the tool back on, turned it all the way up and began to move it toward her now moist entrance, as she began to impale herself on the shaft Spike’s mouth was watering for a taste of the arousal he could smell through the window and his cock was weeping drops of pre cum. She began to moan as she fucked herself and Spike found himself stroking his shaft in time with her thrusts panting quietly while his Slayer moaned and squirmed on the bed before him. He came at the same time she screamed her release to the world. Spike watched as she tossed the vibe in the box smiling, then took the dildo off the nightstand inserted it into her lovely pussy, pulled the sheet over herself and closed her eyes.

He quickly put himself away and sprinted toward home before he did something to get himself dusty like knock on the window and ask to replace the piece of plastic and help her use ALL her other toys. By the time he arrived home, he had replayed the scene in his head so often that he couldn’t wait to get to his bedroom he just dropped his pants and jerked off right in the middle of the living room.

The next night he was returning to the tree in hopes of a repeat performance when he saw Dawn climb out a window and begin to walk away from the house. His lust was immediately replaced with concern for his bit; he couldn’t let her be out alone in Sunnyhell at night she might get hurt. He ran ahead of her so he could ‘accidentally’ run into her at the corner.

“What are you doing bit? Big sis know you’re out all by your lonesome?” He had inquired.

“No and if you make me go back I’ll just sneak out again.” She hissed.

Ok he thought have to play this just right. “Not gonna take you back what’s wrong?”

“I’m tired of being treated like….I don’t know just everyone has been weird around me lately stopping talking when I enter a room and all kinds of other strangeness, I figured if I went to the Magic Box I could look at Giles diaries and see what was going on; he writes everything in them. You’re not going to be able to stop me either.”

He knew she would do this no matter what once she put her mind to something she never let it go, guess she got that from him……….wait where had that come from, never mind he had to make sure she was safe. “Well bit, if you’re gonna hit the store you’ll need a pick man.”

“Huh, what’s a pick man?”

“Someone to pick the lock. Unless you think you can do it.”

“Oh, well in that case you can come with.”

Once they were at the Magic Box, Spike had easily picked the lock and ushered Dawn inside. They found the Watcher’s diaries and only pulled the ones for this year. They split them up and began to read. Dawn came upon an entry about the same time her mother went in the hospital she did not want to read the details of how they got together so she asked Spike to read it out loud skipping the sections on her mother. Spike began, “You don’t want to know, don’t want to know. Oh here we go this looks interesting….’I should have recorded this earlier but was debating even adding it to my journals. About two weeks ago my Slayer found out where the monks hid the key from Glory. As I have mentioned the key is mystical energy, which can be used to open the fabric between dimensions. At any rate the monks found the best way to protect the key was to change its form so they sent it to the Slayer…’” At this point Spike had to turn the page both he and Dawn were on edge to hear the conclusion of the sentence so he did not read ahead before he read out loud as he should….”’in the form of a sister.’” Shit.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!” Dawn screamed, “I’m not real, I’m not real.”

“Shhhh,” Spike reached for her to try and calm her down and she began to pull away, “How can you want to have anything to with me I’m a freak?”

“It’s ok morsel.” He tried to reach for her and again she pulled away.

“HOW CAN IT BE OK I’M NOT REAL!”

“Yes you are. Listen why don’t you take a minute go throw some water on your face and we’ll go home, talk with Big sis about it.” Spike held his unneeded breath hoping she would agree so they could go get this worked out. Dawn nodded and headed for the bathroom in the training room. As soon as the door was closed Spike lost it he threw the diary he realized he still held in his hand across the room. That bitch how could she keep this from him about THEIR girl…what wait, well she was their girl he loved her as much as Buffy and the others and apparently had as much of a actual connection to her as they did. Ok back to the rant how could she not have told him, he would have helped would have made sure she was safe, would have been able to prevent her from finding out like this! Ok deep breath relax….it’s quiet….I can’t hear her heartbeat……don’t smell blood good….but she’s gone. He went over to the phone and dialed the Summer’s residence. “Hello”

Just who he wanted to answer, “Whelp put the Slayer on.”

“Spike, listen bleach boy, now’s not a good time Buffy’s having fun with her friends and...”

“SHUT UP AND PUT THE SLAYER ON THIS IS IMPORTANT YOU SELF RIGHTOUS ASS.”

“Whatever…hey Buffy its deadboy jr and he’s being a jerk…can I hang up on him.”

Spike heard Buffy in the back round “No thanks Xander I got it in the kitchen.”

“Spike we were having movie night what do you want.” She had asked shortly.

“She knows.” He ground out.

“What are you talking about? Who knows what?” He could tell she was worried, good.

“Dawn knows. No she is not upstairs sulking in her room, she snuck out. I found her and went with her. She dragged me to the Magic Box determined to find out why everyone was treating her weird. We went through the Watcher’s diaries. She knows. I tried to calm her down and take her home but while I thought she was calming down in the bathroom she snuck out I don’t know where she is I’ll start looking as soon as I hang up but figured you should know.” Spike hung up the phone, locked the door to the shop, and walked out.

When he got outside he took a deep breath of night air so he could try to pick up on Dawn’s scent. He found it and began to follow. He just reached the hospital and could tell she was inside when Buffy arrived with Xander and Willow in tow.

“What are you doing here bleached boy?”

Spike just ignored the whelp and said to Buffy, “She’s inside I can smell her.”

“Yeah well maybe….”

“Xander stop.” Buffy interrupted him, “Spike’s just trying to help.” Spike could tell that annoyed the boy and were he not so worried for Dawn he would have been jumping for joy. “Thank you Spike. One of the interns, who helped take care of mom called and said she was here. I think we can take it from here.”

At first Spike was hurt she was trying to shut him out, again, and then he saw the pleading look in her eyes. She wanted his help but knew the other two would have something to say and did not want another fight on her hands. So he nodded said good luck and walked away. He went straight to the house climbed in her bedroom window, sat down on the bed leaning against the headboard and waited for them to get home.

It was some time later he heard them arrive home. Buffy and Dawn said quiet goodbyes to Xander and Willow and then he heard them come upstairs. “I’m sorry I ruined your night.” Dawn had said.

“Hey, what are little sisters for if not to be pains in the butt to their big sisters.” They had both laughed at that. Then he heard Buffy say to Dawn gently, “I don’t care how you came to be you are my blood and I love you with all I am. You are special and unique and a gift, never doubt what an incredible girl you are.” Hey that sounded familiar Spike smirked to himself then he heard Dawn whisper a thank you and say goodnight with what he could tell was a hug.

After a few minutes he heard the water running in the shower. Some time later Buffy opened the door she was wearing sweat pants, a tank top, and her hair was wet. She did not even look at him just walked over to the closet pulled out a heavy blanket then walked to the window to see that it was securely covered. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow but said nothing.

She walked over to the bed and sat down at the foot facing him. “Thank you for everything tonight…can you stay I just kinda need someone to hold me right now.” Then she looked at him for the first time since she entered the room and he knew he could not deny her if his unlife depended on it, so he stood up, removed his duster, kicked off his boots and laid back down on the bed with his arms out to her. She crawled into his arms and rested her head on his shoulder.

That’s when he finally spoke, “I could have stopped this from happening like that if I’d known.”

“I know.”

“She was going to find out but it could have been done better.”

“I know.”

“You might want to do something to get her to feel part of a real family now like a family night once a week just you, her, Joyce and Rupert NO Scoobys.”

“Spike,”

“Yes”

“Shut up and go to sleep.”

“Ok Slayer.”

With that they had both closed their eyes and gone to sleep.

The next morning Spike awoke and wondered why the smell of Buffy was so strong in his crypt. Then he felt her snuggle closer into his chest and remembered where he was. He looked down at the golden goddess in his arms and smiled he had slept with her ok they were still fully clothed but still it was more than he could have ever dreamed.

He was just brushing a lock of her hair off her face when the door burst open, “Hey Buffy….SPIKE!!!!” Dawn stopped mid sentence and just stared.

“Dawn what are you doing in my room?” A very tired Buffy had asked as she snuggled closer into his embrace.

He had dusted and someone got things mixed up and he was in heaven he just knew this wasn’t happening.

Dawn for her part smiled shook her head and came over to sit on the side of the bed. “I just came to see what you wanted to do for breakfast or brunch before mom and Giles got home. What’s Spike doing in your bed?”

Damn now the Slayer would really realize who was holding her and bolt.

She didn’t though, “Mr. Silent in the Mornings, here was worried about you last night after you snuck out on him and came to make sure you were ok. I, after being so worried about you when he told me you disappeared… by yourself… at night… in Sunnydale…even after we send Glory to hell, you don’t do that in this town waaay too dangerous… needed someone to hold me last night. Spike agreed to and then scolded me for not telling him about everything.”

“Ay, I don’t scold I was jus sayn.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and said, “Whatever.” That’s when three loudly growling stomachs interrupted them. They stared at each other and began laughing.

“Well obviously we all need to eat. What time is it?” Buffy had been the first to stop laughing.

“About 11:30.” Dawn replied.

“No wonder we’re so hungry. How about we fix breakfast here I may not be able to do much but I make mean scrambled eggs with cheese.” Buffy had said sitting up leaving Spike’s arms feeling like a part of him was missing.

“I can do the pancakes…as long as you have the ingredients.” Spike had toned in trying to shake the emptiness. Both of his girls looked at him and stared before nodding.

Dawn then whined. “I guess I can’t do anything, never really learned to do anything.”

“Dawn, stop it you are real and you do know how to do things. First you can take a quick shower and get dressed. Then come downstairs and set the table, pour the drinks and heat up the blood mom has in the back of the fridge for when Spike comes by.”

Dawn had brightened at that, then the teenager kicked in she rolled her eyes and said an exasperated, “Yes mother.” Before scooting off to the bathroom.

As they went downstairs, several things hit Spike about the early morning scene. First that Joyce would have blood in the fridge for him. Second that they both included him so easily. Third how the bit referring to Buffy even if it was a joke as ‘mother’ had seemed so right. Finally he could have sworn for a brief moment when she first woke he had smelled Buffy’s faint arousal.

Buffy finished the eggs at the same time Dawn came down. Buffy put the eggs in the oven as Spike was still working on the pancakes said she’d be back down in a minute and went upstairs to get dressed. When Buffy came down a few minutes later in a pair of jeans and t-shirt they were ready to sit down for brunch she mentioned calling the others and begging off on the movie that had been planed. They ate, laughed and generally enjoyed just being together.


Spike had left just before the happy couple was due home figuring that when they first arrived family time would be in order. He had felt strangely cheated about not being able to stay it shouldn’t matter to him… right. When he got back to his crypt he had taken off his shirt and inhaled Buffy’s lingering sent. He had changed clothes and knowing it had not been done in a few days did a quick patrol. Why since he had the chip out he felt a compulsion to protect the Hellmouth he was still trying to figure, except maybe to help Buffy.

He got home that night striped and climbed into bed nude as always but despite the freedom from cloths he was far more comfortable last night with Buffy in his arms. The next day he awoke at about 1pm from what the clock said. He still had a couple hours before Passions. He reached over beside his bed and picked up the shirt he wore two nights ago when Buffy had slept in his arms. He could still smell her in the fabric and it instantly made him hard.

He groaned and tossed the sheet aside, he began to slowly stroke his cock, picturing it going in and out of her pussy as the vibrators she used did. As he was stroking himself he congratulated himself on his imagination as he could smell not just her but her arousal around him, he stroked harder and faster until he came releasing long spurts into the air which fell back onto his stomach and chest. Panting for unneeded breath he slowly came down from his high, slipped out of bed and went to take a shower so he could watch his afternoon shows.

The next night he ran into Buffy on patrol she had thanked him for the family diner night suggestion said everyone had liked the idea. Didn’t tell him when it was though and was she blushing. Must have been his imagination. They talked on the patrol and fell into their usual comfortable pattern. After they went their separate ways that night he circled around to follow her home. He climbed into the tree again and saw she must be in the mood tonight as she was already deep into her masturbation. She had finished with a shudder and he came with her his seed coating the tree branch.

He was tucking himself away when he saw her reach for that damned lucky dildo again only this time she looked at it shook her head, and shrugged, before putting it inside.

When he awoke Wednesday at 1pm he had felt the need to jerk off as he did he could have sworn he smelled Buffy’s arousal again. They meet and patrolled that night when he followed her home she just went to sleep, the next night however she gave him another incredible show, and of course remembering it when he awoke Friday he had to jerk off imagining smelling her as with the other two times he had done this recently.

He did not see Buffy until the next Tuesday and again after patrol he followed her home and enjoyed a mutual, although she didn’t know it wank; followed of course by his afternoon after solitary wank. He realized the pattern and did not bother to follow her the next night knowing he would not miss Thursday for anything. Sure enough Thursday was worth following her home. He was smiling when he arrived back at his crypt when these things jumped him they struggled but one of them hit him over the head and knocked him out.

When Spike woke up, it was with a throbbing in his head and soreness in his arms. He realized he was hanging from the ceiling in Glory’s apartment and she had already decided to hit him a few times judging by the other aches he was beginning to notice.

“Good, finally awake I see. “ She had said. “These idiots,” she snarled toward her cowering minions, “thought you were the key. I mean really the key is something innocent new to this world not a stupid vampire.”

“But mistress the Slayer was protecting him.”

“Hey, we were protecting each other it's what you do when you patrol together.” He had interrupted.

“Yeah you idiot…wait you patrol with her… you help her don’t you?” Spike could almost see the wheels turning in her vicious head. He knew he was in trouble now. Of course he didn’t answer her he just stared. “Well since you know her so well I am sure you know who the key is, tell me!!!” she demanded followed by a blow across the face that had Spike seeing stars. Then she continued hitting him although not with quit as much force as the first blow but hard enough to let him know she could take him apart a little at a time while making him suffer.

He would dust before he did anything to hurt either Buffy or Dawn but he had to figure away out of this situation so he could get back to his girls. That’s when the idea occurred to him go along with the bint at least a little then…yes it could work he knew how to make a woman angry.

“Alright, alright….I’ll talk…just give me a glass of water first.” For his plan to work he needed to get her as annoyed as possible and he also needed a few seconds to prepare himself for what he knew would be the result at least he hoped it would be the result.

Glory came over and gave him the water tipping it down his throat gently, she was smiling, ”There is that better.” As she said this she smashed the glass into the side of his face, “NOW TALK, WHO IS MY KEY!”

“Ok…it’s that guy…what’s his name….”

“Yes….”

“On the telly, that game show in the morning with all the girls….Bob something…”

“Bob Barker?” The pox marked smelly minions finished for him all excited they figured it out, what idiots; bint really did need to get better help

“Bob Barker?!” Glory shrieked. Spike smirked as best he could with a face that resembled hamburger.

“Yes, yes, we’ll go get him for you oh Glorious One.” Her minions were jumping up and down with glee.

She on the other had glared at them, “The key is new to this world Bob Barker has been around for ages you simpletons!!!” She turned to Spike, “You think you’re so funny? I could snap you like a twig if I didn’t think you would tell me what I want to know I would.”

Ok now for the big escape he hoped. “Yeah right not like you’ve done much damage so far. I ain’t afraid of you. I’ve had rashes more intimidating than you. ‘Sides you think you could beat the Slayer she’ll wipe the floor with your cheap dye job ass and then send you to hell and unlike you she’ll look stunning doin’ it.” Spike could tell she was vein might as well hit her there for good measure. “Look at you, you think you look good I mean really whoever told you how to dress they were sorely mistaken. Probably these idiots I mean your taste is no better than theirs and they look and smell better.”

The Hell God went crazy she began to hit him mercilessly he had begun to sway back and forth on the chains with each swing towards her resulting in a vicious blow which had him swinging the other direction. On one swing she hit him with such force that he was propelled back wrenching his hands from the chains and crashing through the front door into the hall and was only stopped by the wall between the elevators. The door was made in such a way that it swung back closed. He had groaned and thought well I guess that worked as he hit the down button on the elevator the door opened and he stumbled in hitting the button for the lobby.

Spike had no idea how he would make it out of the building much less home in the condition he was in but just wanted to reach the ground floor first, When he staggered off the lift he fell at the blond witch’s feet he looked up and saw the rest of the Scooby gang come in and just in time as the minions came down the stairs and had the Slayer and her pals not been there he would have been back in Glory’s grasp. He barely remembers the Whelp and Watcher helping him back to his crypt and leaving him there.

The next thing he remembered was Anya coming in with some fresh blood from Willie’s good stuff too he could smell it; she came over to him and helped him sit up to drink. They had developed a unique friendship based on being outsiders and both of their tendencies to be too blunt for many people. “I know you didn’t just come by to bring the blood, ‘preciate it though.”

“You’re right I was sent to bring the blood and find out why you didn’t just tell Glory, Dawn was the key. You would still be handsome if you had.”

“How do you know I didn’t?”

“One if you had you wouldn’t look like someone who vengeance was taken on. Two when we figured that Glory had you Tara was actually on her way to keep an eye on Glory’s for the night. She snuck in and was watching magically, not that she could have helped you she’s not that strong, anyway she and Willow working together let the rest of us see and hear exactly what was happening. I can’t believe you taunted her like that.”

“Figured she’d get mad enough to send be flying through the door, didn’t stop to think about not being able to walk once I got through it.”

“Spike, this is Anya I know someone avoiding a question and you are, so why didn’t you just save yourself the pain and tell her the truth.”

“I’ll tell you but you can’t tell them don’t care what you make up just can’t tell, promise me.”

“Alright although it might make them treat you better. I swear on the possibility of getting my powers back they won’t find out what you say from me, but if you ever decide to tell them I will say I already knew.”

“I’d dust for them. I love them.” He stated simply and with such quiet passion that there was no doubt of its truth.

“Who are them?”

“Buffy and Dawn…in different ways of course. Buffy she reminds me of all of those sappy love poems I used to write and every love story I ever heard I would rather dust than cause her pain. I would do anything just to be within sight of her for another second. Dawn,” He sighed and then winced at the pain it caused, “Dawn brings out all my protective instincts it’s like she’s mine. Like she is my blood, not in my blood like Buffy, but a part of me. I see her and see hope for the future. Know I want to show her things and protect her, its like she’s my little girl and I have to protect her. A little pain is a small price to pay to keep them safe and happy.”

Anya got up to leave, “I’ll tell them you would never do anything to cause Dawn pain. I’ll be back this evening with some more good blood to help you heal.”

That night it had been Glenda who came by with blood not Anya, the witch had said Anya had to work. Over the next couple days all of the Scoobys took turns coming by to visit him and bring him blood to help him heal. Dawn did not come by as no one including Spike wanted her to see how badly he was hurt. That Monday he had gone by the Summer’s house to see Dawn as he was looking much better, besides he wanted to spend time with Buffy so he was going to say that he wanted to patrol with her.

When he arrived the greeting he received shocked him, and once he realized what he was intruding on went to leave, it was his idea after all. Then the WATCHER invited him to stay and with the look on Dawn’s face how could he not. Over the next couple of weeks a pattern was developed he would come over on Monday’s invited by one of the ladies, Tuesday night after patrol he would follow Buffy home and watch from her tree as she pleasured herself. Wednesday he would awake and jerk himself off in the evening patrol with Buffy then home. Thursday patrol, watch Buffy from the tree, Friday jerk off then patrol, on the weekends he found himself spending time with Buffy and the Scoobys he actually was beginning to enjoy their company, even the Whelps. As a matter of fact he and the boy were actually developing a tentative friendship based on being the only two males in the group.

Then it happened it was the week they forgot to invite him for dinner Monday he showed up and they were all embarrassed no one had invited him, they had his place set and were beginning to wonder where he was, that Wednesday during patrol Buffy and he had started talking about horror movies and thrillers. “You know the ones that get to me are stalker ones where the guy or girl builds a shrine to the person they are obsessed with.”

“Yeah know what you mean that’s weird.” Shit, he had forgotten about the shrine he had to Buffy he had not even looked at it since the wedding he’d been spending so much time with her he didn’t need to. When he got back to his crypt that night he pulled aside the screen he had shielding the shrine and just stared at it this wasn’t her she was so much more real and beautiful, this was a sick twisting of who she was. He knew he could not simply take it down he had to confess to her it had existed and tell her the reason for it, maybe then she would forgive him and they could have a real relationship. Part way through dismantling the shrine he realized how tired he was and decided to go to bed he would finish in the morning and take the box over to her on Friday that way he would have the weekend to try and make it up to her. With this thought he went to bed.

The next afternoon he awoke and went to take a shower when he got out and reentered his bedroom his blood turned cold at the sight that greeted him…Buffy was standing in his bedroom staring at the partially dismantled shrine…. “I can explain.”

“You can explain...You can explain!! HOW?! Last night we were talking about how this sort of thing wigs me out and what you come home and build one to wig me out? Show me you’re still the Big Bad?! Well explain?”

“It’s not like that,” he sighed, “I was taking it down. Was gonna put everything in a box bring it by and tell you about it tomorrow. I love you, so much I feel like I’m drowning in you. At the time I built this I didn’t think you’d ever let me close. I thought this was all I could ever have. When we started to get close after Cardboard left I forgot it was here I didn’t need it, I had the real thing. When we talked last night and you mentioned how these things upset you was the first time I even thought about it for weeks. I realized how poor a substitute it was for you, for being in your life, like I have had the last few weeks and was gonna tell you everything. Figured even if you would have nothing to do with me I couldn’t have it here anymore knowing how good the real thing was and how much it would upset you.”

“How convenient you were going to tell me tomorrow. Wait how long has the obsession been going on?” He shrugged. “HOW LONG?”

“Awhile”

“Before Riley left?” He looked away and knew he had given her the answer.

“You were outside the night after mom’s surgery. You followed him when he left that’s how you knew about the whorehouse?”

“Yea, had to know what a bloke who had just had such a beautiful woman could find interesting enough to leave her bed.”

“Did you come back to the house that night? Oh, God I thought I felt a tingle while I was…and…Oh, God… have you been watching me??”

Spike simply nodded. “How could you? Just stay away from me, my friends, and family, Spike I can never trust you again.” With that she turned and walked out of his crypt. He had fallen to his knees and cried like a lost child what had he done.

He had cried most of the night, before finally putting himself together. He had just finished dismantling the damned shrine when Joyce came by he could give her the box and then figure out his next move he knew he could never leave he still had to be close to Buffy and be there to protect Dawn. When Joyce had said she believed him he thought he would pass out from the joy, then he smelled it… blood and it was coming from her head.

He had read about complications from brain surgery causing bleeding in the brain and death so he didn’t think just reacted, he saw the fear on her face as he shifted and charged towards her but knew he didn’t have time to explain as he was running in the sewers his only thought was to get her to the hospital he kept repeating over and over, “Don’t let her die, don’t let her die.” When he got to the hospital he began yelling for help they looked at him strangely and one of the doctors came over to calm him down when Joyce passed out in his arms. “She just had brain surgery.”

He had told the doctor who said “Crap,” he looked at Joyce, began to perform CPR and yelled instructions to the staff, they had taken her away then and he knew all he could do was wait. He had then called the Watcher at the Magic Shop and left a message on the answering machine at the house.

When Rupert arrived and they found out Joyce was going to be ok Spike started to leave when Rupert stopped him, deciding the time to hide anything was past and told the Watcher the chip was gone to say he was shocked at the fact that he had already known and also believed him about loving Buffy and the shrine would have been an understatement. When Buffy had said what she said to the doctor he was again shocked but from what she said he also knew she had overheard his conversation with Rupert. When he kissed her it had taken every ounce of self-control he had not to push her against a wall and ravage her. When Dawn came over and hugged them both he returned the hug marveling at the rightness of having both his girls in his arms.

The doctor came in and sent the three of them to the cafeteria saying he needed to speak to Mr. and Mrs. Giles alone. Buffy asked him to stay close enough to hear and then tell them what was said which he agreed to do. The doctor had first asked if their marriage was real or one for the purposes of a green card. After being assured they were truly married he gave his reason for the question it seems that the chemicals released in the brain during a woman’s orgasm would help keep the blood flow even and that one of his prescriptions for when Joyce was to go home would be within the first 24 hours a minimum of ten orgasms followed by at least one in the morning and one in the evening for the next two weeks. He said if their marriage had not been real he would have prescribed a drug that had the same chemicals but that the naturally occurring ones were always better.


The doctor had then asked if he should prescribe the drug anyhow, Spike found himself very proud of his fellow Englishmen’s response. “I almost lose my beautiful, sexy wife, and am told not only can she come home tomorrow but in order to keep her healthy I have to make love to her until she is satisfied. And that I have to do it repeatedly, that is indeed a hardship; you do realize of course that is every man’s dream. Keep your drug we’ll go with the natural means.” Spike had then gone to the cafeteria and told the girls the doctor had just wanted to go over Joyce’s treatment when she got home no need to tell the girls about their parent’s sex life that was something private.

The girls told him about the father daughter dance at Dawn’s school on Saturday and how Joyce was going to chaperone. Now with her just coming home tomorrow their night would not be able to continue so they had come up with an alternate plan, which involved him. Buffy would take Joyce’s place and he would take Rupert’s as they knew he would be needed to see to Joyce, he smirked as he thought just how Rupert would be seeing to his wife.

When they returned to the room Dawn had huffed, “I don’t know why the doctor kicked us out, we made Spike stay and listen he told us the doctor had just gone over mom’s treatment when she got home.”

Joyce and Rupert had seemed shocked for a moment then Joyce calmly said, “Some doctors are like that they figure if too many people know they may hear different things and problems could occur.” A short time later Giles said he needed Spike’s help with something and left the girls with their mother ensuring them they would return shortly.

“Since you overheard the doctor’s prescription for Joyce, thank you for not being more specific with the girls by the way, I think I may need some mechanical help at least for tomorrow if you know what I mean.” He had said nervously.

“Well I did have to point out a police car outside to get Buffy to stop asking questions.”

“How?” Was all the shocked Watcher could manage.

“Buffy told me before the wedding when I mentioned you and Joyce needed privacy on your honeymoon. Relax Rupes; I haven’t told anyone and I know a place that has just what you need for your wife.”

Spike had taken him to a sex shop downtown and as they were looking at the selection trying to ascertain what would be best for Rupert to use on Joyce, came the statement from Rupert that had shocked Spike, not its content but the source from which it was coming. “There is no gentle or subtle way to put this, I’m only going to say it once, and I will deny I ever said it if asked. The first slayer was created using dark magics those are still inside every Slayer when one reaches Buffy’s age they search for a way to embrace it or find a way to die to avoid doing so. The only way throughout history one has been able to embrace it, stay alive, and still fulfill her calling is for her lover to dominate her in the privacy of their bedroom. As I said Buffy is getting to the point where she will need that when you begin that phase of your relationship make sure she gets it.” Then Rupert had made his selection and went to purchase the toys……

“Yum, brownies.” This came from his ladylove as she wrapped her arms around his middle and kissed him below the ear.

“Yes luv, just give me a minute to put them in the oven then I think we’re ready to sit down right Rupert.” Spike replied back to the present.

“Right and a fine job I think we did if I do say so.” Came the reply, they then gathered the salad and lasagna and went into the dinning room. Unlife was very good to Spike these days………….