Chapter 30

**
.
Previously:

“Alexander Lavelle Harris! Are you suggesting Buffy willingly offer her blood to a vampire?” Anya looked beyond shocked.

“Only that one,” Xander burst out defensively.

“I’m so proud of you!” the ex vengeance demon cried excitedly as she threw herself into his arms.

**

“Actually, Xander, your idea does have merit,” Giles informed the carpenter.

“What do I do?” Buffy asked, willing to try anything if it brought her vampire back from where she couldn’t reach him. She needed to actively participate. It was who she was.

“Well, if Anya wouldn’t mind preparing some blood for Spike, the only other things we will need are a straw and a sharp knife,” Giles instructed the group much like he would normally. He was pleased that on this occasion there were no arguments, nor was there any of the usual grumbling that would have taken place. Anya moved swiftly and efficiently to perform her task. Xander collected the knife and straw then handed both items to the watcher. Buffy seemed torn between needing to do something active and staying with her unresponsive paramour. Willow and Tara moved in unison to provide the much needed poultice. Giles stood and watched his charges while they worked. It was who he was.

“While Spike is still unconscious, Tara, could you see to his hand?” Giles asked the gentle Wicca once the two witches had prepared the salve.

Tara worked silently, for once unperturbed by the eyes that focused on her while she worked. She looked critically at the injury she was attempting to help. She was glad she’d made the paste stronger, it really looked like the vampire was going to need all the help he could get. Finishing up, she moved away from the wounded blond, not wanting to crowd him.

Buffy looked to Giles for instruction. She had no clue what to do for her guy. She was beyond grateful that these people- her extended family- had rushed to surround and support them, but right now she needed direction. Left on her own, Buffy would have been totally lost.

Giles waited until Anya came back with the now heated mug of blood and placed the straw in the cup as she passed it to him. Turning to Buffy he handed her the knife as he told her what to do. “Nick one of your fingers and allow the blood to form a droplet. Wave it slowly under his nose. If that doesn’t get a reaction, rub the finger against his lips. We need to bring forward his demon. It will help him with the pain.”

Buffy nodded in understanding and proceeded to follow her watcher’s instructions to the letter. Carefully cutting the tip of her finger, Buffy put down the knife as she allowed the blood to well up. She was elated when the scent of her potent blood immediately brought Spike’s demon to the fore. Bringing her finger closer to his nose, she smiled indulgently as he seemed to lean into the scent. She let a drop of her blood drip onto his lips and giggled as his tongue whipped out to catch it, eliciting a moan of ecstasy from the vampire that was slowly fighting his way back to consciousness. Lightly pressing on his lips to open them, Buffy slipped the still bleeding finger into his mouth. Her own level of arousal skyrocketed when his tongue started to gently caress her injured finger.

Anya was the first to notice that at least part of him was awake. “You’ll be glad to know that that still works, Buffy,” she stated bluntly as she pointed to his very obvious reaction to the aphrodisiac qualities of slayers blood.

As all eyes seemed to be unintentionally drawn to the very impressive manly bits of the inert blond, until Buffy’s indignant shout of ‘HEY!’ was uttered. She swiftly placed her hand over the object of their interest as if to shield it from their gaze, muttering all the while about people who couldn’t keep their damned eyes to themselves and off her boyfriend’s good bits.

Spike’s chuckle reverberated through the room causing all eyes to transfer to his face. Beautiful cerulean eyes that sparkled mischievously fixed on Buffy’s. “You planning on leaving your hand there, pet?”

Giles and Xander joined Spike in his laughter when the petite blond snatched back her hand and flushed a rather bright shade of red.

~*~*~

The further Angel got from the Hellmouth, the more convinced he became that he could change the upcoming events. He was going to save Darla and thereby prove that the viper-tongued banshee was a charlatan. He would prove to them all that he was the champion even if he had to face down the oracles again to do it.

The first thing he had to do was get his team back on his side. Lorne could help him with that. He’d sing for the empath demon and then Lorne would tell the others that he was on the right path, which would open the door for them all to work together again. Then they would find a way to prove to those gullible fools in Sunnydale that the bitch was running a scam on them. She was probably working with that bastard that had somehow tricked Angel into relinquishing his familial hold.

The second thing he would do would be to deal with that arrogant little prick. Angel was determined that he would make them all see Spike’s true nature, even if he had to get a spell done to do it. Maybe he could get Lorne to point him in the right direction to getting a spell done on his ex-grandchilde while he was there.

Cordelia surreptitiously watched Angel from her seat next to him. It was easy to see that the broody one had shifted into denial mode. It looked like she and Wes had their work cut out for them. Angel didn’t take defeat well, and Cordelia was fairly certain that if he kept trying to go up against the Sunnydale crew, he was going to have to get used to losing.

~*~*~

It had taken a while, but Spike had finally convinced every one that he was fine. Tara had told him that she would take a look at his hand the next day and see if it needed more treatment. Willow had tried to talk him into allowing her to perform a healing spell, telling him that Xander had stopped her from doing one while he was unconscious. Spike had gratefully thanked the carpenter, saying that magic had consequences and he wasn’t fool enough to use it for trivial matters. Giles had backed Spike’s decision in regards to the use of magic as he ushered the two witches out of the apartment.

Xander had finally agreed to go to bed after Spike pointed out that if he hurt himself on the job that Anya would blame the resident vampire. So for the sake of Spike’s continued good health, Xander said good night.

Which left the slayer alone with one very horny vampire. Unlife was good.

~*~*~

Joyce watched in horror as Dawn was pulled from her side. The darkness reached in through the passenger side door and had grabbed Dawn before her mother even had time to shout a warning. Unmindful of the danger, Joyce scrambled out of the car, moving with the speed and grace of a slayer. She took in the horrifying sight of her baby fruitlessly struggling in the arms of a monster.

Piercing yellow eyes narrowed at Joyce’s approach. A rumbling snarl echoed through the night and sharp teeth moved closer to Dawn’s vulnerable throat.

Joyce watched at the surprised features of the vampire as she growled in answer to his snarl. “Keep your goddamned hands off my daughter, Riley Finn!”