Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to all those of you who reviewed - I am really enjoying reading them and they often give me some really good ideas for writing new chapters. I'm trying not to leave too long between posts so please be patient - I will try my best to be as regular as I can. Special thanks to daydreamer for being my 500th reviewer! Enjoy...
Chapter 15

At ten minutes to six, Buffy emerged from her bedroom, the black dress a perfect fit for her petite frame and the shoes giving her some added height to minimize the seven inches difference between her and Spike, who it seemed had decided to forsake his usual all-black attire and was wearing a black suit with a deep blue shirt which exactly matched the color of his eyes.

“Bloody hell…” Spike breathed, his eyes raking over her.

Buffy grinned. “I take it you approve?”

“Uh huh. When I first saw the dress, I had an image in my head of what you’d look like wearing it, but the real thing doesn’t even compare.” Walking over to her, he took her hand, brought it up to his mouth and brushed his lips over her knuckles. “You look beautiful, luv.”

A shiver raced down Buffy’s spine at the feel of his mouth on her skin. “You don’t look so bad yourself.” She giggled. “Without all the black, you look almost human.”

“Why you little…” he whispered, curling a hand around her waist and bringing her flush against his body.

“Spike, we have to go! It’s almost six.” She giggled again and Spike decided it was the most delightful sound he had ever heard.

“I’ll deal with you later,” he said, before stepping back and then taking her hand and heading for the elevator.

When they got downstairs, Buffy was surprised to see a black stretch limousine waiting out front.

“Spike, is this…”

“Surprise number two.”

Smiling, he led her outside, where the chauffeur was holding the door open. As he helped her climb into the car, Buffy couldn’t help the uncomfortable feeling in the pit of her stomach. First the clothes and now a chauffeur-driven limousine. She began to wonder what else he had planned for this evening and if the past few hours were anything to go by, she would be willing to bet that it would be costing more than her mom made in a year. The need to talk to Spike was becoming more and more crucial, but she also knew that he had planned all this especially for her to cheer her up and she really didn’t want to appear ungrateful. She decided that she would keep quiet and enjoy whatever he had arranged for them. The talk could wait until later.

After a short drive, they arrived at Marina Del Rey and the chauffeur got out and opened the door. Spike got out and then held out his hand for Buffy. As soon as she emerged, she saw the gleaming white yacht in front of her.

“Oh, Spike…”

Spike smiled at her obvious delight and awe. “I thought this would be better than any old fancy restaurant.”

Still holding her hand, he led her up the gangway to board the vessel. Once inside, they were met by a man wearing a pristine white uniform.

“Good evening, sir. Good evening, madam. My name is Lorne and I’ll be your host this evening. If you’d like to follow me, please.”

He led them out onto the deck, where there was a table set for two. Dusk was already approaching and hundreds of tiny white lights were strung up around about.

Buffy gasped. It was so beautiful. She couldn’t believe Spike had arranged all this. It seemed too good to be true. Almost in a dream-like state, she watched as Lorne pulled out one of the chairs and then motioned for her to sit down. Once they were seated, their host removed a bottle of champagne from the ice bucket beside the table and poured them each a glass, before disappearing back inside.

Obviously Spike had made no mention of either of them being under age. Either that or he had got one of his seemingly many contacts in LA to book the charter for them. Not that she really minded – champagne was a luxury she had never really had the chance to enjoy. Just as long as she made sure she didn’t drink too much – Buffy and alcohol were unmixy things.

“So,” Spike asked. “Are you surprised?”

“Very,” Buffy said, smiling. “I just can’t believe you planned all this. No one has ever done anything like this for me before.”

Though she was still wanted Spike to understand that he didn’t have to impress her with his family’s wealth, she was beginning to enjoy their romantic evening. More and more as time went on, Spike was appearing completely different to when she had first met him and she found that she was beginning to believe in his promise to treat her right. It wasn’t ultimate trust, not yet, but it was a start.

Two hours later, Buffy was feeling completely wooed by everything – the food, the surroundings and especially by Spike. Their meal had been relaxed and they had lingered over the delectable cuisine which Lorne had served to them. They had started with a rocket and roasted red pepper salad, followed by grilled swordfish in sun-dried tomato and tarragon sauce.

Shortly Lorne returned from the kitchen carrying a fondue pot of melted chocolate and two dishes, one filled with strawberries and the other with whipped cream. He set them down on the table with a flourish, told them to ‘enjoy’ and that disappeared again below deck.

With an almost wicked grin, Spike picked up a strawberry dipped it in the liquid chocolate and then in the cream, before lifting it up to Buffy’s mouth.

“Open up.”

She opened her mouth to take in the fruit and bit down, the combined flavors assailing her taste buds. They took it in turns to feed each other until the dishes were empty. Buffy then decided she wanted to use the bathroom and freshen up, so she headed inside to find the restroom. When she emerged five minutes later, she saw Spike standing against the railings waiting for her, a rose in his hand. The soft strains of Tchaikovsky floated from the speakers.

She walked towards him with a smile on her face and he held out the rose. On closer inspection she could see that the petals with a pale pink color tinged with orange. She’d never seen anything like it before.

“I wanted something distinctive, unique,” he said, by way of explanation. ““A special rose for a special girl.”

“Spike, this, all this, is incredible. I want you to know that I’ve had an amazing evening.”

“You deserve it, luv. Now, may I have the pleasure of a dance?”

Smiling, Buffy brought the flower to her nose to inhale the scent before placing it on the table. She then moved into Spike’s arms and allowed him to lead her slowly around the deck. Many minutes past as they moved together, one of Spike’s hands resting at her waist, while his other held one of hers.

“You know, I think its time we had a toast,” Spike said, stepping away but still holding her hand and leading her over to the table. He poured the remainder of the champagne into their glasses and then handed her hers. “I’m so glad you decided to give me another chance – I never realized what an amazing girl you are.” He held up his glass. “To you, luv.”

“I have a better idea,” Buffy said, holding up her glass. “To us.”

Spike smiled, before taking a sip of his drink. He set his glass down and looked at Buffy. Her hair was a mass of soft golden curls and he couldn’t help but lift up his hand to touch it.

“God, Buffy, you’re so beautiful…”

Her green eyes met his and he felt himself drowning in her gaze. Unable to help himself, he breached the short distance between them and brushed his lips against hers.