Author's Chapter Notes:
See below
A/N: Thanks as always to be reviewers...your comments feed my muse. I'm glad I was able to post this update so soon after my last but don't get too used to it. Thanks to the lovely English weather, we had a snow day today so I had a whole day off - mostly spent writing and the rest watching BtVS episodes (I just bought the whole series boxset and am in heaven...unlimited Spike which has definately given my imagination a boost so please enjoy the fruits of my labor...)




Chapter 16

At the familiar feel of his mouth on hers, Buffy gasped and fell into the kiss. Pulling her closer, Spike deepened the kiss, his tongue tangling with hers. Her arms went up around his neck to play with the curls at the nape of his neck, while his hands slid down to her ass to hold her against him, his hard cock pressing into her stomach. His mouth left hers to press against the sensitive spot behind her ear before sliding down to her neck to suck softly at her pulse point.

“Spike…” Buffy whispered, sensations skating through her body.

“Oh Buffy,” Spike whispered back before looking up. “Do you have any idea what you do to me?”

Grinning mischievously, Buffy nodded, briefly rubbing herself against the bulge in his pants. “I think I have a good idea.”

Spike groaned, his eyes rolling back into his head. “Bloody hell, luv – don’t do that unless you want me to ravish you right here on this deck.” Grinning at her pout, he took her hand. “Come on, it’s late and we should be getting back to the apartment. We have a busy day ahead of us.”

His words made her stop. Busy day? Did he had more expensive plans for tomorrow? Tonight had been wonderful – she couldn’t deny that it had been the most romantic evening she had ever experienced, but she just wanted the chance to be herself. She was a girl who lived a modest life and tonight she had felt as though she had to pretend to be comfortable with so much wealth and luxury.

On the way home, Buffy ran through several trial conversations in her head, knowing she had to have ‘the talk’ with Spike as soon as they got back. When they reached the apartment, Spike headed for the kitchen to make some coffee while Buffy went out onto the balcony. Minutes later, Spike joined her and Buffy knew it was now or never.

“Spike, you said we’ve got a busy day tomorrow. What exactly do you have planned?”

“I want it to be a surprise and if I told you, it wouldn’t be a surprise, would it?”

“Spike, please, I just wanna know.”

Spike frowned a little at her serious tone of voice. “Well nothing’s set in stone, luv, but I thinking we could do some shopping in Venice Beach, perhaps take a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, maybe even drop in at Disneyland – its not just for little’uns you know.”

Buffy closed her eyes. She had thought tonight was an expensive evening but it seemed he was preparing to spend even more money tomorrow.

“Spike, I had an amazing time tonight and I don’t want you to take this the wrong way but it’s just too much.”

Spike’s smile faded. “I don’t understand…”

“It’s all so…the apartment, the clothes, the car, the boat. I know you’ve got money – a four figure allowance is proof of that – but you don’t need to spend it on me.”

“But I want to spend it on you, luv. I want to make you happy.”

“Spike, my mother is a maid. I live in your staff annex, I walk to school and I don’t spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes. And I’m happy. I don’t need money – we can still have a good time together without you spending an amount akin to a small country’s GNP.”

When he didn’t answer, she touched his arm. “Its not that I’m not grateful. It was so thoughtful of you to plan this whole weekend to cheer me up. But if you really wanna make me happy, just be yourself. Just be Spike. I like him.”

He looked at her then. “I don’t know why, he’s an idiot.”

Buffy smiled. “Not an idiot. Just misguided.” She took his hands in hers, linking their fingers together. “I have an idea of what we could do tomorrow. When I was little, my mom used to take me down to this little bay just south of Santa Monica, where they have a huge boardwalk market that we used to trawl round for hours, before sitting on the sand eating hot dogs and then playing in the surf. Some of the best times of my childhood were spent there and it cost virtually nothing.”

“I think that’s a great idea, pet. Though it still sounds like we’ll have a busy day tomorrow which means you should be getting some sleep.”

“I guess you’re right,” she conceded, before grinning up at him. “Do I get a good night kiss?”

Spike’s eyes darkened. “How can I say no to you?”

Pulling her to him, he covered her mouth with his. Her lips immediately parted to allow his tongue entry and she pressed her hot little body into his, making his cock spring to attention.

“God, Buffy, I need you so much…”

Buffy faltered at his words, pulling away from the kiss. “Spike, I don’t think…I mean, this is happening so fast…”

Hearing the hesitation in her voice, Spike forced himself to control his raging libido. “Its ok, pet. I don’t want you to do anything you’re not 100% sure about.”

“It’s just…I know we’ve done it before but…things are different now. I need to know for sure that I can trust you before we have sex again.”

“I understand, luv. We won’t have sex, but if you’re ok with it, there’s something I’d really like to do for you.”

Despite her uncertainty, Buffy was curious. “Like what?”

“Let me show you.” He took her hand and led her inside to the rug beside the fireplace, before sliding to his knees and pulling her down with him.

“Spike…”

“Buffy, do you trust me enough to know how to make you feel good?” He brought his hand up to caress the side of her face. Closing her eyes, she nodded.

Leaning forward, he kissed her gently, before urging her onto her back. He kissed down her neck as his hands moved down to slide the straps off her dress off her shoulders, exposing her breasts. He sprinkled kisses over her chest, reveling in the mewling sounds of delight coming from her and then softly flicked his tongue over one hard nipple, making Buffy gasp and arch her back.

For several moments, he concentrated his attentions on her breasts, alternating between stroking them with his long fingers and licking and sucking at her nipples with his mouth. Eventually, he left her breasts and moved down her body to take hold of the hem of her dress and push it up, his eyes darkening at the black scrap of lace that was the last piece of material shielding her from him.

Buffy lifted her head to look at him and he met her heavy-lidded gaze, the heat in it almost scorching him. Slowly he took hold of the lace panties and slid them down.

“Open your legs, luv,” he said, moving closer as she complied, his hot breath washing over her and causing a sharp intake of breath.

“Spike, please…”

He could hear the desperation in her voice, but he was gonna take this slow. He wanted her to remember this night. He brought his thumb up to play at her glistening entrance.

“Oh, kitten, you’re so wet for me…”

Closing the distance, he licked her from bottom to top, briefly flicking his tongue over her clit. She gasped, her hips bucking. Moving his thumb up to play with her little nub, he slowly pushed his tongue inside her.

Buffy moaned at the new sensation, quivering and feeling hot all over. In all the times that she and Spike had slept together, he had never once done this to her. His mouth on her felt incredible – she had never known such feelings were possible. She knew she wouldn’t be able to hold on long – she was so close.

Suddenly Spike pulled his tongue from her and latched onto her clit, sucking it into his mouth, before pushing two fingers inside her and curling them up to brush against that sensitive bundle of nerves.

Buffy could feel the pressure building in the pit of her stomach as she teetered on the edge. Just then he twisted his fingers inside her and began to rapidly flick her clit with his tongue and that was all it took.

“Oh God…oh Spike…”

Buffy screamed as the pressure hit the plateau and sent her careening over the edge, everything going black.

When she came to, Spike was beside her again, kissing her with his passion-flavored lips.

“God, luv, you taste incredible…like peaches and cream.”

Buffy’s eyes slid closed again, her body worn out, her heart still beating erratically and her clit still throbbing between her legs.

“Spike, that was…amazing…” she whispered softly.

“You were amazing,” he said, kissing her again. “Now, pet, if I don’t get you into bed soon, you’ll be too tired to do anything tomorrow, won’t you?”

Almost asleep already, Buffy murmured her agreement, as she felt him lift her into his arms and carry her towards her room, but she was dead to the world before he even got there.