Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews guys. If you're lucky I may post another chapter tomorrow...
Chapter 17

The sun was starting to set as Spike drove along the freeway back to Sunnydale. His gaze wandered to Buffy fast asleep in the passenger seat, a smile playing on her lips and his mouth curved into an answering smile. She looked so cute sitting there.

As per Buffy’s suggestion, they had spent the day at the beach where she had spent many days as a child and Spike had really enjoyed it. As they’d walked around the boardwalk market, Buffy’s eyes had been full of delight at the colors and sounds and scents.

Lifting his hand to his neck he toyed with the pendant she’d bought him at one of the stalls. It was a silver-colored chain with a small spike attached to it. They’d stopped at one of the hand made jewelry booths, laughing as they tried on huge, gaudy rings and bangles, when she’d spotted it and decided she had to buy it. It had cost little more than $5 and already he loved it more than anything he else he owned.

They’d eaten lunch on the beach with Buffy giggling when the ketchup and mustard from his hot dog had gotten round his mouth and then kissing it off. Then they’d played on the beach and in the sea until it was time to head home. When he complained about her bringing sand into his car, she’d pouted at him and he’d been unable to stay mad.

All in all it had been an amazing weekend and he hoped it had not only cheered her up but made her feel better about the week ahead. Because he was a senior and she was a junior, they didn’t have any classes together, so he wasn’t around much to shield her from the vicious rumors that he knew were flying around the school following his recent and shocking move from charismatic leader of the popular clique to hanging out with two people who were ostracized by the majority of the student body.

More often that not, the rumor mill cited Buffy as the reason behind his break up with Dru, though there were several different accounts as to the exact nature of her involvement. No one was aware of the real story and Spike doubted that Angel or Darla would be willing to set the record straight – both of them thrived too much on their popularity and would never do anything to jeopardize that. Spike wasn’t too keen on the knowledge becoming public either – he knew he’d been a fool for believing in Dru and didn’t really wish to be openly reminded of the fact. Besides he had Buffy back in his life now and he’d rather think about moving on with her than dwell on the past.

There were parts of his old life that he didn’t want to forget about, parts he didn’t regret, like his friendship with Xander and Cordelia. While both were popular, which almost guaranteed the same self-superiority that he had once boasted, unlike Angel, Darla and Dru, there was still humanity in them.

Last week, Xander had confronted him about his overnight change and had seemingly accepted Spike’s invented explanation of the reason behind his break up with Dru and why he was so mad at Angel and Darla. He also seemed to accept the explanation that Spike had run into Buffy after he’d left Dru and since she’d also broken up with her boyfriend, they’d offered each other consolation, so forming a tentative friendship, before commenting that the holding hands thing must have been Spike’s way of shaking things up among his peers.

While Spike chose to start sitting with Buffy and Willow at lunch, Xander and Cordelia continued to sit at the center table, clearly not wishing to get involved in the fight between Spike, Angel and Darla. Spike still wanted to be able to hang out with them, but not if it meant having anything to do with his ex-friends.

Life had changed dramatically for him in such a short time. Two weeks ago, he was still relatively happy with Drusilla, still friends with Angel and Darla and still trying to find a way to get Buffy back in his bed. Now he hated all three of his former friends, he was openly spending time with Buffy and his feelings for her had increased tenfold over the weekend. And if anyone at school said anything to upset her, he’d knock them into the middle of next week.

As the car approached the ‘Welcome to Sunnydale’ sign, the blonde in question began to stir.

“Spike, are we home yet?” she asked, yawning and stretching.

“Almost, pet.”

“How long have I been asleep for?”

“About an hour and a half. Did you know that you snore, luv?”

“I do not!” Buffy said, affronted, before slapping him on the arm, causing the car to swerve slightly.

“Hey, luv, I’m trying to drive here!”

Buffy sat back in the seat, pouting, before turning back to him with a small smile on her face. “Hey, Spike, I just wanted to say thank you. You know, for this weekend. I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun.”

Grinning, he took her hand in his. “Me neither, luv.”


“I’m unhappy, Daddy.”

Drusilla stretched out on her bed, looking over at Angel who sat in a chair in corner of the room with his eyes closed, while Darla kneeled in front of him servicing his needs.

“What’s wrong, Dru?”

“I want my prince back, but he’s forgotten that he belongs to me. Sunshine has made him forget.”

Angel sighed. Dru might be incredible in bed, but he was getting annoyed with her insane ramblings about Spike and sunshine.

“Is there something I can do to help?”

Dru’s countenance changed then and she sat up, her eyes alight and her hands clasped together. “Oh yes, Daddy, you can! If there was no sunshine then my prince would remember me.”

“And how do I get rid of the sunshine, baby?”

“Take her away from him.”

It was then that Angel realized what Drusilla was talking about when she went on about sunshine, or rather who. She was referring to that Summers girl, who Spike was now seeing all of a sudden. It was pretty convenient Angel thought – one day he’d walked in on him with Dru and Darla and the next he was fawning all over Buffy. It was probably a smokescreen, a ploy to make Dru jealous so he could get her back. Angel knew his best friend – he wouldn’t have given up on his girlfriend just like that.

Now Dru was suggesting he take Buffy away and for once she had a good idea. Angel would never have dated Buffy – she was beneath him – but he couldn’t deny that she was hot. He wouldn’t mind having a go. Spike could play with her all he wanted, but only Angel would really be able to break her in – secretly his tastes were much darker. Except he didn’t think Buffy would come easily. Maybe it would be better if he found a way to break her and Spike up first and then use her vulnerability to make her his.

Yes it was a good plan. And he knew exactly how to do it. Buffy had never been popular and now all of a sudden she was practically dating the most popular guy in school – and he still was despite his departure from their group. She wouldn’t find it easy to trust a guy like Spike, a guy who’d romeoed his way around Sunnydale since he’d arrived. And Angel could play on her trust issues; make her doubt Spike’s feelings for her. And then he could have her. What’s more he could fuck with Spike at the same time – taking one girl of him was amusing but two would be so much more fun.

He’d enjoy corrupting her, he decided with an evil grin, as an image of Buffy chained to his bed while he whipped her ran through his mind and coupled with Darla’s ministrations pulled him into orgasm.