Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews. Enjoy...
Chapter 19

Buffy and Spike leapt apart to see Mr Wyndam-Price, the school librarian standing in front of them.

Buffy was mortified and she felt the blush creeping into her face, while Spike stood there smirking.

“Good afternoon, Mr WP. We were just looking for a book on…trigonometry algorithms,” Spike said, pulling a book off of the shelf to show the other man. “Me and Buffy have a…burning passion for math.”

“A likely story, Mr Giles. I don’t think Principal Snyder would believe it anymore than I do.”

Spike decided to change tactics. “Let’s not be too hasty, Mr WP. I mean haven’t you ever been with a woman so beautiful that you can’t help but want to kiss her all day, every day.”

Mr Wyndam-Price began to look a little flustered. “I…er…I…I think there was a little more than kissing going on, Mr Giles and what you and Miss Summers were doing in here is not the sort of thing that I expect to see in my library. I’m afraid I have no choice but to send you to the principal’s office.”


Two hours later, Buffy sat at the table in the staff kitchen of the mansion. Her mother, Joyce sat opposite her.

“So, do you want to tell me what’s going on?”

After being sent to see Principal Snyder, who Buffy personally thought was a demon in human disguise, both she and Spike had been suspended for the rest of the week. Normally their actions would have warranted a telling off rather than suspension, but Snyder was clearly a miserable little troll who liked to torment and make miserable the lives of his students.

Both her mother and Spike’s father had been called to the school, hence Buffy now facing the third degree.

“Spike and I have been…seeing each other.”

“Have you had sex with him?”

Buffy blushed at her mother’s bluntness. “Mom!”

Joyce wasn’t letting up. “Have you?”

“Yes.”

“Buffy you’re awfully young…”

“I’m seventeen.”

“That’s still too young as far as the law is concerned. At least tell me used protection?”

“Of course we did. Mom, I’m not stupid.”

“Oh Buffy, I don’t think you’re stupid. It’s just that…I didn’t even know that you and Spike liked each other, let alone that anything was actually going on between you. Sometimes I feel like I don’t know what’s going on in your life at all.”

It was just like Buffy had told Spike when they were in LA. There was a definite closeness missing in her relationship with her mother, a closeness which had been there in abundance before their move to Sunnydale.

“I know we don’t get to spend much time together these days. And I know I’m always working. It’s just that I want to be able to have enough money saved to send you to college.”

“Oh Mom, I don’t care about college.”

“Well, I do. I know I can’t always give you everything that you need, but I want you to be able to go to college. I want you to have a good education, Buffy.”

Buffy sighed. “I know. Its just I hate the idea of you working all the hours God sends to save the money. You shouldn’t be overdoing it, not after what happened last year.”

A few months before her split from Buffy’s father, Joyce had started getting headaches and it was later discovered that she’d had a brain tumor. She’d had surgery of course and there had been no problems since but Buffy still worried about her mother.

“Buffy, I’m ok, now. The doctors gave me the all clear.”

“I know, I just…I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you.”

“Oh, sweetie, I’m not going anywhere, I promise,” Joyce said, pulling Buffy into a hug. She held her daughter for several moments, both of them finally feeling close to each other again. “Hey, what do you say we start spending more time together, just you and me? My day off can be our day. We can do whatever you want. What do you say?”

“Sounds great. I love you, Mom.”

“I love you too, Buffy.”

“So are you still mad about this whole suspension thing?” Buffy asked.

“I’m not mad. I’m a little disappointed though. The library is not the place to be canoodling with your boyfriend.” She gave a small smile. “I bet you shocked out the hell out of the poor librarian.”

Buffy giggled. “Yeah he was all British and bumbling, kinda like Spike’s dad.”

“Speaking of your partner in crime, I think it would be a good idea if the two of you didn’t see each other for the duration of your suspension.”

“But Mom…”

“I’ve discussed this with Mr. Giles and he agrees. The suspension was meant as a punishment and it would hardly be fitting to allow you spend the next few days out of school and hanging out with Spike. Just be thankful I’m not stopping you from seeing him altogether. I’m still not happy about the idea of my seventeen year old daughter having sex. I’m just glad you’re being careful. Now I think you should head to your room – I’m sure you have homework you can be doing, am I right?”

“Yeah, ok,” she agreed, sighing, standing up and heading for her room.

She needed to get started on her ‘Romeo and Juliet’ assignment, which wasn’t such a bad thing since she wouldn’t be able to think about the play without thinking of Spike. It was annoying that they’d got interrupted in the library – hearing him read that poem had got her so horny.

She sat down on her bed. Maybe she should just take the edge off herself – she’d never done that before. Right from the beginning, Spike had made her want to do things she’d never done before.

With a smile playing on her lips she laid back and rand her hand over her breast, her nipple hardening at her touch. Closing her eyes as her touch grew bolder, she lost herself in a fantasy of her and Spike continuing their fun among the library stacks.


The Bronze was buzzing when Buffy and Spike arrived on Monday night. There separation was officially over and even though it was a school night, Buffy had begged and pleaded with her mother to let her go out – the Dingoes were playing again and Willow wanted her to meet Oz.

After getting drinks, they sat down with Willow to watch as the Dingoes begun their set. After a few minutes, Buffy allowed Spike to drag her onto the dance floor, where they stayed for the first few songs, before Buffy called timeout and headed for the bathroom, while Spike headed to the bar to get more drinks. Ordering a Jack and coke for himself and a diet coke for Buffy, he stood waiting for the bartender to fill his order.

When he felt two hands encircle his waist and a very female body press against him, from behind, he turned in the embrace, only to see Dru standing there. Stepping back, he pulled her hands off him.

She pouted. “Does my prince not want to play?”

“No, Dru, I don’t want to play with you! Not tonight. Not ever again. So get that through your demented brain, you crazy bint. Go try your tricks on my limp dick of a former best friend.”

“Naughty puppy growling at Mummy. But you’ll see. The night will come and steal the sunshine and you’ll have to be the man in the moon.”

With that, she turned and headed back to the table where Angel and the popular crowd were sitting, leaving Spike shaking his head in bewilderment at how he’d ever been attracted to her.


“There’s no way its real.”

“Of course it isn’t.”

“I bet you last month’s Prada sling backs that he’s only with her to make Drusilla jealous.”

Buffy sat in the end stall listening to the conversation between two of her fellow students. She didn’t know who they were, but whoever they were they clearly wanted to voice their opinions about her relationship with Spike.

“Why would anybody even look at Buffy Summers after being with Drusilla Evans. I heard from Susie who heard from Lisa who heard from her boyfriend Larry that Spike told Xander that Drusilla was like a dominatrix in bed.”

“Maybe Buffy’s got some secret dominatrix tendencies too.”

The girls broke out in fits of giggles.

“She’s probably a virgin. I mean have you ever seen them do anything other than hold hands.”

“I heard they got suspended cause they were making out in the library. What a joke! Spike probably had something in his eye.”

“There’s no way they’re doing it.”

Still giggling, the girls left the bathroom.

Buffy sat there wanting to cry but she forced the tears away. It didn’t matter what anyone else thought. What mattered was what was really going on. Even so, she felt a perverse need to show those girls how wrong they were.

Her mind made up and a smile on her face, she headed back to find Spike and make those girls, whoever they were, eat their words.