Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews - hope you like this next chapter
Chapter 20

Spike was sitting down with Willow, when Buffy returned from the bathroom.

“Oooh, beverages,” she said when she reached the table, picking up one of the glasses and taking three big gulps before screwing her face up in disgust. “Yuk! What the hell that is that?”

Spike smirked. “That would be my Jack and coke, pet.”

“Ewww! How can you drink that stuff?”

“You know, pet, I really don’t know.” He grinned and moved closer, his eyes zeroing in on her mouth. “Maybe I need a little reminder of what it tastes like.”

He pulled her against him and kissed her and she savored his taste, which was way better than the taste of Jack Daniels. She could have let him kiss forever, but she still had those girls to take care of. Pulling back from the kiss, she took his hand in hers and led him onto the dance floor.

“Come on, I wanna dance.”

The Dingoes started playing their song ‘She Knows’, as Buffy and Spike found a spot close to the stage. Hooking her arms round his neck, Buffy pressed against Spike and began to move to the music.


She flies from a blinding light and spirals to my heart
I try to find my mind but don't know where to start


Spike’s hands rested in the small of her back as they danced, while Buffy began to move her hips in little circles, subtly rubbing against him, even as she looked deeply into his crystalline blue eyes.


Won’t ever, can't ever find my sanity
Won't ever, can't ever 'til I hear her calling for me


As the movements of her lower body increased, Buffy could feel Spike reacting, his cock hardening and pressing into her stomach. In response, Buffy smiled and ground herself even harder against him, before reaching up to whisper in his ear.

“Is that an extra large lighter in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?”

She drew his earlobe into her mouth and suckled it, causing his hands to move from his waist to her hips and pull her even closer.

“Minx,” he growled.


She knows that side of me
Can't help it, can't help that side of me


Buffy turned around in his embrace so that her back was against his chest and the bulge in his jeans was jutting into the cleft in her ass. Her arms lifted to hook around his neck again.


Just a little more, just until I know what I’m feeling
Just a little more to find my sanity


She gasped when she felt Spike’s hands sliding beneath the thin material of her shirt and stroking the hot skin of her stomach.


I’m lost in a thousand nights but sunshine’s at my feet
I’d walk through a thousand fires and next to me she'd be


His hands began absently tracing little circles as her hips moved harder, swaying against him, her skirt riding high on her legs. Her breathing grew erratic as his hands moved up and down her body and his mouth traced a path from her ear to her neck, biting gently on her thudding pulse point.


Won’t ever, can't ever find my sanity
Won't ever, can't ever 'til I hear her calling for me


Buffy could feel her nipples tightening beneath her shirt as his hands guided the rapid movements of her hips and she felt a rush of dampness and a pulsing ache between her legs.


She knows that side of me
Can't help it, can't help that side of me


This had started out with her wanting to show the girls that they were wrong about her and Spike, but now it was threatening to turn into something more - the heat and passion enveloped her.

Just a little more, just until I know what I’m feeling
Just a little more to find my sanity


It felt as though no one – not the band, not the other patrons, not even those bitchy girls – existed apart for her and Spike.


She knows that side, she's calling back for me
I’ve lost my mind, I’d never believed


The closeness of their bodies was turning her into a melting pool of desire and all she wanted was to rid them both of the barriers of clothing and feel his naked body rubbing against her own.


She knows that side, she's calling back for me
I’ve lost my mind, 'til she's calling for me


Turning again in his embrace, Buffy collided with his heavy lidded gaze, his blue eyes dark with desire. Grabbing his head in her hands, she pressed her mouth to his and proceeded to lose herself in his kiss.


She knows that side of me
Can't help it, can't help that side of me


His hands moved to cup her ass, while his leg inserted itself between hers changing their position so she was grinding against his denim covered thigh, both soothing and increasing the ache between her legs, tension beginning to spiral in the pit of her stomach.


Just a little more, just until I know what I’m feeling
Just a little more to find my sanity


The song ended with Oz striking the final chord, but Buffy and Spike continued kissing, their attention focused solely on each other.

“Well, Bronzers, we’re gonna take a short break now,” Devon said with a grin. “I for one definitely need something to cool me down and I don’t think I’m the only one…”

As his words penetrated Buffy’s brain, she pulled away from Spike, her face flushed, her breathing erratic.

“Pet, you ok?” Spike asked, his breathing also slightly irregular.

“Yeah,” Buffy said, her eyes moving around the room and taking a little pleasure in the looks of envy on the faces of almost every female in the vicinity, including Harmony who was standing by the bar.

“Come on,” he said, taking her hand. “Let’s head back to our table. I think I need to sit down.”

“And I need a drink,” Buffy said with a small grin. “Devon wasn’t wrong about needing to cool down.”

Spike grinned back and then pulled her to him to whisper in her ear. “But I like you hot, kitten.”


Minutes later, Buffy stood the bar waiting while the bartender fixed her drink. Spike had stayed sitting at their table with Willow.

“Well if it isn’t Sunnydale’s answer to Jennifer Grey.”

Buffy turned to see Angel standing next to her.

“I never knew you had those kinda moves, Summers. Now I get why Spike’s so interested in you – he’s got his own private dancing queen to play with.”

“Fuck off, Angel.”

“Now, now, there’s no need to be like that. I know what kind of girl you are. I know that a guy like Spike couldn’t possibly give you everything that you need – I on the other hand know exactly what to do with a girl like you. So how about we go somewhere a bit quieter to discuss it?”

He stroked a hand down her arm and Buffy shuddered in disgust. Then before she could even voice her revulsion at his suggestion, she saw a flash of bleach blond hair and Angel went flying into a pillar.

“Touch my girlfriend again, you wanker and I’ll kill you!”

“Big words, Spike," Angel said, before throwing a punch at Spike, who stumbled back, blood trickling from his nose.

Buffy gasped and helped him up, while Angel stood in front of them, taunting Spike. "What if she comes to me of her own free will? Like Dru did.”

The club had gone silent listening to the fight between the former friends and a collective gasp sounded through the throng as the truth behind the rift in the popular crowd became apparent.

Spike wiped the blood from his nose. “I don’t give a shit about Dru. She’s an insane slut. You and Darla are welcome to play all the kinky sex games you want with her.”

Another gasp came from the crowd over the news of Darla’s involvement.

"Keep telling yourself that, buddy," Angel said with an evil smirk on his face, before turning to Buffy. "Keep an eye on him, Summers. The moment your back's turned, he'll be begging Dru for another go."

He turned to walk away, only to have someone tap him on shoulder. He spun round only to have his face meet with another fist and send up falling to the ground again. When his vision cleared, he saw Buffy standing over him.

“That’s for making my boyfriend bleed!”



A/N: The song is called 'She Knows' and its by Four Star Mary who actually composed and performed the music played by the Dingoes in BtVS. The song was played in the Season 3 ep. 'Homecoming'.