Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews - I thought this fic was close to finishing but I've realised there's still quite a bit more to go. Not sure how many chapters yet but we're getting there!
Chapter 23

When his alarm went off at 7am, Spike reached out his hand to switch it off, smiling when Buffy stirred and nestled closer.

“Morning, luv,” he breathed in her ear.

She smiled and her eyes flickered open. “Morning.” She turned to press her mouth against his. The kiss quickly grew passionate and Buffy felt his cock pressing against her thigh. She broke the kiss to nibble on his earlobe. “Spike, I want you…” she murmured.

“Mmmm…kitten…I want you too,” he said between kisses. “But we need to get up. We have to go to that evil place where they try to educate us.”

Buffy pouted, trying to change his mind, even though she knew they had to get up and get ready for school.

“Sorry, luv, you can’t seduce me with the puppy dog look. But if you hurry up and shower, I’ll make you breakfast.”

Buffy grinned. “Pancakes?”

“Whatever you want, pet. Now get that delectable little bum of yours next door.” He swatted her ass, lightly.

Oddly not feeling at all embarrassed by her nudity, Buffy got out of the bed and headed into Spike’s adjoining bathroom. Pretty soon he could hear the shower running and his mind weaved an image of Buffy under it, all wet and soapy, her hands gliding over her body.

His cock hardening further at the thought, he found his feet following her next door. Groaning when he saw her petite frame outlined in the frosty glass of the shower cubicle, he opened the door and climbed in beside her.

“Spike?”

“I need a shower too and there’s no point in wasting water.”

“No point,” she agreed with a grin, turning round to kiss him. He deepened the kiss, running his hands up and down her slick body. Pressing her against the tiled wall, he lifted her up and she instinctively curled her legs around his waist. She was so wet that there was no need for foreplay and Spike thrust inside her hard, making her gasp with pleasure.

Suddenly his mind reconnected with his body and he realised that he wasn’t wearing a condom. “Buffy, we need…” he began, beginning to pull out.

She took hold of his firm ass to stop him moving. “I’m on the pill.”

His brain registered what she had said and the implications of it, but his mouth was a little slow on the uptake. “You’re on…”

“The pill. It’s safe.” Gripping his ass tighter she pulled him back into her and the feel of her soft inner walls clamping around him, the heat, the tightness, made him lose control and he started thrusting harder inside her.

Buffy responded with a gasp, clinging to his shoulders, the feel of his flesh sliding inside her setting off fireworks of sensation. She could feel the pressure building in the pit of her stomach and she tilted her hips so that her clit rubbed against his pubic bone with every thrust.

“Oh…Spike…harder…” she gasped. “Faster…more…”

“Buffy…sweet Buffy…so hot…burning me…gonna make me cum…”

“So close…need…”

He could feel her pussy start to flutter around him. “Cum with me, kitten…” He gave one final thrust and the tight ball of need spiralling inside her exploded and she came, pulling him over the edge with her.

The water cascaded over them as they slumped against the wall trying to catch their breaths. After a few minutes Spike let her legs slip down from his waist and held onto her as she tried to steady herself. After quickly washing himself, he shut the shower off and grabbed two towels from the rack, wrapping one around Buffy and the other around himself.

Once dry and back in his room, Spike gave her one of his shirts to wear until she could get some clean clothes from her room and he got dressed in his usual attire of jeans and a shirt. Downstairs, she opted to help him make breakfast instead of going to get dressed.

While Spike heated up the skillet, Buffy prepared the batter and then they set about making the pancakes. Feeling Buffy’s eyes on him as he turned the cakes over in the pan, he couldn’t resist dipping his finger in the remaining batter and touching her nose.

Buffy glared and made a grab for the bowl, but he was too quick for her and held it high above her head and even standing on tiptoes, Buffy had no hope of reaching it. “Spike…” she whined with a pout and started jumping to try and get hold of the bowl.

“Sorry, pet,” he said with a grin. “Can’t let you have it. If you get us messy, we’ll both need another shower.”

Buffy stopped what she was doing for a second as she had a graphic flashback of their recent exploits in the shower. She raised her eyebrow in a good imitation of Spike. “And you’re trying to convince me *not* to get batter all over you?”

“Minx.”

“On second thoughts,” she said with a grin, picking up the bottle of maple syrup and trapping him between her body and the sink. “Who needs pancake batter?” She flipped open the lid and held it over his head.

Spike blanched slightly. “You wouldn’t.”

“Wouldn’t I?”

But before she could do anything, he took hold of the arm of the hand holding the syrup, put the batter down and took hold of her other arm, pinning them behind her back. “Don’t provoke me, kitten,” he said with a grin. “You won’t like the consequences.”

Buffy lost none of her bravado. “And what are they?”

Dipping his head, Spike kissed her, at the same moment that Giles walked through the back door, clearly having only just returned from the hospital as his clothes were same and more crumpled.

He stopped dead. “Oh…oh dear…” He took of his glasses and started cleaning them.

Both Buffy and Giles’ faces were beet red, but Spike was smirking. “Morning, Da.”

Giles put his glasses back on and nodded to them. “William. Buffy.”

“Is there any news on my mom?” Buffy asked, anxiously tugging at the shirt Spike had lent her. Luckily it swamped her petite figure and showed nothing untoward.

“No…er…nothing new. I’ve been with her all night and I’m just gonna shower and change and then head back over there.”

Spike slipped his arm around Buffy’s shoulders. “I’ll bring Buffy by after school.”

“Good…good,” Giles replied before he left the kitchen and headed upstairs, mumbling to himself.

“God that was so embarrassing,” Buffy said, turning to Spike. “Your dad must’ve known what we did last night.”

“After our little escapade in the library, it’s safe to say he wasn’t clueless about what we’re getting up it. Now why don’t you go and put some clothes on while I finish up the pancakes.”

“Okay,” she said, before reaching up to give him a quick kiss and then heading down the hall to the staff annex.


Almost a week later, Buffy sat by her mother’s bedside, holding her hand. There had still been no response, but the doctors had convinced them the circumstances were normal. As well as spending a couple of hours after school with her mom, Buffy spent all her nights with Spike. She had no regrets of the first night or any subsequent nights they had spent together – he was passionate, caring and would never dream of leaving her unsatisfied. In fact it seemed to be his mission to make her come at least twice every night.

Her feelings for him were definitely starting to resurface. And at the same time they were completely different. Before, her love for him had been based solely on great sex, but now that she’d gotten to know him as a person, she had begun to fall in love with him for everything else that he was and did.

Not that she was planning on telling him. She wanted to be sure of her feelings before saying anything and even then she wasn’t sure how he really felt about her and she didn’t want to jeopardize their budding relationship by coming on too strong.

She had just begun to wonder what he was going to do tonight – every time they were together he was constantly surprising her with new and exciting ways to bring her pleasure – when she felt her mother’s hand twitch. In shock she lost her grip and then watched as her mother’s fingers began to move. As she watched in joyful surprise, Joyce opened her eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the light.

“Buffy?”

“Mom!”

Buffy fell into her mother’s embrace, being careful of her injuries, elated to once again feel the safe warmth of her mother’s arms around her.

“Buffy, what happened?” Joyce asked, as she attempted to move into a more comfortable position.

“Oh, Mom, don’t worry about that now. I’m just so glad you’re awake.”