Author's Chapter Notes:
See below...
A/N: Sorry its been so long guys, but work is taking over and my placement's almost up so I've got loads to do. Not sure when the next update will be but I'll try not to make it too long. As some of you have predicted there is some angst coming up but at the moment I'm concentrating on Buffy and Spike's burgeoning relationship with obligatory smut of course.

*********warning*********

This chapter contains some light BDSM!



Chapter 24

After Joyce had been released from hospital, Giles decided he wanted to take everyone out to dinner to celebrate her recovery. As the doctors had foreseen, the coma had been a natural way for her body to shut down in order to heal.

Since Joyce had a check-up to go to and Giles was driving her, they arranged to meet Buffy and Spike at the restaurant.

Buffy was wearing a little black dress that she’d bought a couple of years back when she lived in LA. Still the style had remained fashionable and the way it clung to her slender curves had Spike whispering in her ear, telling her exactly what he wanted to do to her once they were alone.

The restaurant was a little Italian place on the edge of town and when both couples had arrived, they were seated out on the terrace. After ordering drinks they perused the menu.

Joyce and Giles both chose the linguine with clams, while Buffy and Spike opted for the spaghetti carbonara. While they waited for their food to arrive they engaged in small talk – Giles about his latest book and Buffy and Spike about school.

“So William, what do you plan to do when you graduate?” Joyce asked.

Buffy saw Spike’s grimace at her mother’s use of his given name and suppressed a giggle. “Mom, he prefers to be called Spike.”

Giles rolled his eyes – no matter how irritated his son got with him, he could never call him by anything other than William.

“Oh, I’m sorry…Spike.”

Spike smiled. “Its ok, Mrs Summers. And to answer your question – I want to go to college to study English. I’ve applied to Columbia, Boston, Dartmouth and of course, UC Sunnydale.”

Joyce smiled back. “Well, Rupert, it looks as though your son may be following in your footsteps. And Spike, please call me Joyce.”

Spike smiled again. He liked Buffy’s mum. And she obviously made his father happy, if the oddly goofy smile on his face was anything to go by, which made Spike happy. His dad deserved some joy after years spent mourning his late wife.

“Sorry, Da,” Spike said, turning to his father. “Don’t plan on joining the ranks anytime soon.”

Giles smiled. He didn’t know when it had happened, but his relationship with his son had altered significantly. His son seemed to have grown up a lot in the past few weeks and Giles was willing to bet all the profits from his next novel that the blonde girl sitting next to him was the reason. His son was clearly head over heels in love with her, even if he didn’t know it himself. It reminded him of himself and how much he’d changed when he’d fallen in love with William’s mother. When he’d met Anne, he’d been a rebellious youth and university dropout who went by the name ‘Ripper’. But Anne had bewitched him and tamed him, just as he believed Buffy had done for their son.

When the food came, the four tucked in, enjoying the delicious cuisine. The evening wore on quickly and before long, Giles was scanning the bill and handing his credit card to the waiter.

Leaving the restaurant, the four headed for their separate cars, Spike telling Giles he and Buffy were going for a drive and Giles trying to ignore the subtle hint. After walking in on the pair of them in the kitchen the other week, he preferred to feign ignorance of what his extremely virile son was obviously getting up to.

Spike drove Buffy to a secluded area on the edge of Miller’s Woods before shutting off the car. It had been almost a week since Joyce had been released and Buffy had decided that she wanted to spend those nights in her own room to be close to her mother. So it had been a while since he and Buffy had been together and since they had had any real time to themselves, especially as most of their days were spent at school. And while he loved the sex, sometimes it was nice just to have her in his arms.

He opened the sunroof so that they could see the stars and undoing their safety belts, he pulled her close to him.

“You ok, pet.”

Buffy snuggled closer. “Very.”

“Did you enjoy your dinner.”

“Mmmm, it was yummy. And so sweet of your dad to take us all out. I really think he has it bad for my mom.”

“Like father, like son.”

Buffy pulled back. “You have it bad for my mom?!”

Spike chuckled, realising his mistake. “Definitely not. But I’ve got it bad for her daughter.”

Buffy grinned and returned to the comfort of his arms. “How bad?”

“So bad that it was torture tonight sitting there with you next to me in that dress and not being able to do a damn thing about it cause our parents were right there with us. And you didn’t help when you started playing footsie with me under the table.”

Buffy widened her eyes in a ‘who me?’ expression.

Spike grinned. “Don’t go giving me that innocent look. You were trying to drive me crazy and you know it.”

“And I guess it worked.”

“Too bloody right,” he said, moving closer to kiss her softly, before quickly deepening it as their hands clawed at each others bodies.

“Spike…want you…”

“Want you too, luv…”

Sliding his hand up Buffy’s thigh, he hooked her leg over his so that she was straddling his lap. The action made the skirt of her dress rise up and he groaned as much golden flesh came into view. Sliding his hand further up under the black material, he was surprised to find there was nothing else shielding her from his touch.

“Naughty, naughty kitten…” he said with a growl.

“Didn’t want panty lines,” she explained, whispering in his ear as she nibbled on it.

“Naughty girls need to be punished…”

The fingers of one hand slid through her wetness, while the other curled around her bare ass and then dealt her a light slap. The surprise sensation brought a gasp to Buffy’s lips and coated his fingers in more of her juices.

“Kinky little kitten, aren’t you,” Spike groaned, her reaction causing his cock to harden even more – thankfully his dress pants were more giving than jeans. He rubbed his hand over her slightly tingling flesh, before drawing it back to slap her again, his thumb flicking her clit at the same time.

“Oh, God, Spike!”

“You like that, luv?” he asked, slipping two fingers inside her, while his thumb continued moving rapidly over her clit and his hand dealt a series of blows to her ass, the mixture of pleasure and pain sending her speeding towards the edge.

“Spike…please…”

“You…want…more…” He punctuated each of his words with another slap.

“Please…”

Moving his mouth to the crook of her neck, he bit gently at her pulse point and felt Buffy clamp down on his fingers as she came.

“Oh God…oh God…oh God…” she chanted as she rode out her orgasm, before falling slack against him, while he rubbed soothing circles on her tender flesh.

“You ok, luv?”

“Uh huh,” Buffy murmured, barely able to form a coherent reply.

“I didn’t hurt you, did I?” While she had seemed to enjoy it and he was seriously turned on by her open response, they had definitely crossed a line regarding the sexual side of their relationship and he hoped he hadn’t scared her.

“No, no…” she assured him. “God that was incredible.”

Spike smiled. “You were incredible. What you do to me should be illegal.”

Buffy had apparently recovered from her mind-blowing orgasm, because she inched back so that she could undo his fly, allowing his hot, hard cock to spring into her hands. “Now, where’s the fun in that?”

“Buffy…”

Rising up, she positioned him at her entrance and slid down onto him. As he dug his fingers into her hips to aid her movements, she dug her nails into his forearms, riding him and sending them both speeding towards an incredible climax.

They came together, shuddering with pleasure and holding onto each other as the aftershocks rolled through them.

Buffy stayed sitting in his lap in a post-coital embrace, her fingers playing with the collar on his shirt, while he stroked her hair. Words were unnecessary – the two of them were completely comfortable just holding each other.

Eventually, they moved back to their original positions, but Buffy remained snuggled up to Spike with his arm around her as they headed for home.