Author's Chapter Notes:
I think my muse is a serious review slut because his reaction to all the wonderful reviews you guys left had him putting out this weekend and I mean in a major way. So, after spending the entire weekend shut in the house from bad weather, he really kept me writing and writing and writing – btw, I’m sorry but I promise to answer all reviews from the last chapter, hangs head in shame – it was either that or focus on bringing you an early post. When he finally finished, I was very tempted to break this chapter up, BUT, I decided against it because I feel I owe you guys an ultra-huge chapter jam packed with laughs aaaaaand, yes, a smidgeon of spuffy luvin. Thank you, all of you, from the very bottom of my heart. This chapter is for all the readers – you guys are awesome. I’ve included a link (which you can either copy/paste in another window or right click to open in a new window) to a song I use in the latter half of the chapter. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, bolt.com is completely non-cooperative in providing embedded links (my luck I suppose), but if you’ve never heard the song, I highly suggest checking it out because the beat is extremely sensual, it’s completely up to you. Also, I only included some of the lyrics as the song is quite long. Thank you Dusty273 and Beasleysmom for all your help – you two are THE best.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The following Thursday.

Second platoon’s medics needed assistance in preparing two soldiers whose wounds were serious enough to warrant being transported back to post so Buffy was stuck helping out until everything was settled. She radioed Faith to let her know because she was now over forty minutes late in getting back to their location and the night exercise that was planned for tonight would be starting soon. Dusk had settled when she entered the darkened woods, trying desperately to remember her way back to the ambulance before she lost too much light. Trudging through the eerie silence of the forest, she tried to ignore the lack of noise and let her thoughts drift to Spike.

In a way she was relieved she hadn’t run into him all week but, every time she happened to catch a brief glimpse of him, she wished she had. The image of those baby blues filled with such hurt haunted her and she really wanted a chance to say she was sorry. Now that they were nearing the end of the training exercise, however, she’d long since given up thinking it was ever going to happen. The fact he hadn’t approached her once told her he was over whatever infatuation he’d once had for her and would never forgive her even if she were to go out of her way to talk to him. He would more than likely say something equally mean back to her and she wasn’t sure she could hold her tongue; actually, she knew she couldn’t hold her tongue around him. He really did seem to bring her inner bitch out, so it was probably for the best they hadn’t had a chance to speak.

Faith was of the opinion that his behavior towards women was nothing more than a self-defense mechanism... and that really got her thinking. If she herself had been married to Angel when he’d cheated on her, she imagined the process of a formal divorce from someone who was suppose to love you, had taken vows to do so, would be much worse than the devastation she’d felt back in Basic. Add to that a second marriage that turned out the same way and it painted a much different, clearer picture of why Spike was the way he was. Still, it wasn’t an excuse to treat her the way he had. Why should she take the brunt of his ugly past? She wasn’t the one to blame for his wives’ indiscretions. If she were married to him she wouldn’t dream of being unfaithful and why the hell did I just have the insane thought of being married to the man anyway?

“Damnit,” she cursed, tripping over an unseen branch as she neared a huge oak tree. In the split second before she had the chance to right herself, she was yanked to the ground with lightening speed by an unseen force that stifled her, “Eeeep,” of surprise.

Her eyes went wide with terror and her second panicked cry was suppressed by a warm strong hand.

“Shhhhh.” Spike saw her coming from forty yards away and knew she’d blow this operation if he hadn’t leapt up to pull her down into his hand-dug trench. He spoke in a hushed but deadly serious tone. “`M gonna let go, but don’ scream. Got it?” She nodded and he slowly released the pressure of his hand from her mouth. He was suddenly very aware of how he’d grabbed her body and the fact they were now face to face on their sides, the front of their bodies flush to one another’s inside the narrow trench.

Even before he spoke, she’d recognized those piercing blue eyes that contrasted starkly against the face that was patterned in camo paint to blend into the surroundings. “Spike,” she whispered. The nearness of him took her by surprise and she instinctively tried to get away, pushing against his chest only to be pulled tighter against him by the arm he had encircling her waist. “Let go of me. What do you think you’re doi...”

He covered her mouth again. Stupid bint. “Shut your gob, Summers, `m serious,” he hissed at her. “Take a look over there.” He nodded near where he’d taken her down. “See that line? Tha’s trip-wire and you were `bout to run into it and blow our entire operation wide open before the enemy came through. I had to stop you.” She looked back and forth from him to where he’d indicated then nodded in acknowledgment so he removed his hand from her mouth.

“I’ll step over it, I promise. Now let me go.” This was entirely too uncomfortable a situation to be in with any man, especially when said man looked damn hot in camo paint, of all things. It made for quite the awkward position when she realized he was probably still angry with her. He shook his head and used both arms to still her movements when she tried to push against him again.

“Can’ do that. That wire `s crisscrossed everywhere in this area and you won’ be able to see now that `s dark. `M sorry, but I can’ have you settin’ off somethin’ that took us over two hours to set up.” There was no reason to hold onto her as tightly as he was but damn, he couldn’t get over how good she felt and the fact she was really in his arms, however odd the circumstances were.

“Can’t you walk me through it? Please? Faith is waiting for me.”

“No. Now lower your voice and listen, you stupid chit. This operation has been underway now for almost an hour.” It was the truth, but also a great excuse to keep her right here with him.

“It’s just an exercise for God sakes. It isn’t like this is for real.” The suspicion he wasn’t being entirely honest with her and was suddenly resorting to his old ways had her on edge. He didn’t need to hold her hostage here, she was sure of it.

“Yes, `s jus’ an exercise, but,” now he was irritated. This might be a game to her, but this was his job, what he was trained to do, to go to war and everything was treated as if it were a real combat situation. “`F it were a real, you’d be dead. `M not gonna get my platoon in trouble cuz some lazy female CLINIC soldier was late gettin’ to her post.”

“Excuse me?” Her voice went loud and he immediately clamped his hand back over her mouth and gave her a deadly warning stare to remain silent.

“`M warnin’ you, Summers. Shut that cake hole of yours now.” He waited until he was sure she understood just how serious he was before releasing her again.

“How long do we have to stay here?” she whispered.

“As long as it takes. Could be an hour, could be four. You’ll jus’ have to deal with it. Now BE SILENT.” He went back to scanning the area for any movement, determined to ignore her intoxicating scent and the warmth her body gave his as they lay on the cold ground.

Long minutes passed before she began wiggling, causing an immediate response to his manhood.

“What the bloody hell are you doin’?”

“I need some circulation back to my legs. I’m getting stiff.”

“`F you don’ stop movin’ around, you’re not the only one who’s gonna be stiff.” He wasn’t trying to be crude, not really. What he’d said was true and at least it made her go stone still.

“I can’t believe you just said that.” He gave her a disbelieving look which luckily wasn’t missed since their eyes were adjusted to the darkness. “I take it back. That IS something you would totally say.”

“Shhhh!” Maybe he should just gag her.

“Fine, you won’t hear another word out of me.”

Finally.

A few more minutes passed and he still kept his arm around her waist even when sweeping the area every now and then with his night vision goggles using his free hand. She couldn’t help becoming overly suspicious and went into self-defense mode, desperate to at least put some distance between them.

“I bet you’re loving this.”

“What?!?!” He turned to look into her accusing green eyes. Of course. She thought he was going to try something with her. “Don’ flatter yourself pet, tha’s the furthest thing from my mind.” She looked doubtfully at him, and rightfully so.

“What are we suppose to do while we’re here?” She couldn’t take much more of this-this... being still crap.

He smirked at her. “I’ve got a few things in mind what we could do.” He really shouldn’t have said that but she brought out the instinctual dirty-minded male side to his personality.

“Oh, GOD. I knew it. Get your mind out of the gutter.” He clamped his hand back over her mouth.

“`S not exactly a gutter but...” his eyes ran the length of the trench so she caught his meaning. She thankfully went silent again, but of course it didn’t last. The second he let go of her mouth she just had to have the last word.

“Trench mouth.” Great, I’ve let him reduce me to name calling. Lame much, Buffy?”

“Tha’s a bacterial infection of the gums, pet. I think you meant somethin’ else.”

“I know what the hell it is,” she whispered while still managing to fill her tone with venom. “I hate you.”

“Whatever. Now shut it.”

“Hey! You’re one here with rapid peristalsis of the mouth.”

“What in the bloody hell `s that?” God, she was annoying.

“Means nothing but shit flows out of your mouth... diarrhea style.”

“Very witty. Now will you PLEASE... shut the fuck up?” She was driving him nuts even when she hmmph’ed in response but said nothing else. He could see her pout forming and did his best not to let it affect him. She looked like a little girl instead of the woman he knew her to be and it made him want to kiss that pout away. Erghhhh, get it outta your head, mate.

A few more minutes passed before she couldn’t take it anymore. She had to do the whole carpe diem thingy because more than likely she’d never get the opportunity after this. If he was going to go back to being an ass, she at least wanted to do the right thing before he made her change her mind.

“I’m sorry.”

“`Scuse me?” What the bleedin’ hell is she on `bout now?

“For what I said to you about your ex wives, a-at the mall. I’m... I’m really sorry.” There, it was done.

“Summers, `f you don’ shut your bloody gob I’ll shut it for you.” He instantly regretted not accepting her apology but the bloody bint just wouldn’t stay quiet and it was important to have complete silence during this exercise.

“I’m trying to apologize.” Could he be any ruder?

“Don’ test me, cuz... jus’ be quiet. Can you do that, please?” He was trying to temper the situation though inside he was touched she actually apologized for hurting him. If they were anywhere else but here, well, he wasn’t sure how he’d react.

“I’m trying to be nice here and you’re telling me to shut up?” He just couldn’t accept it. Like she expected him too? Hell, she wouldn’t forgive herself either. She was about to give up and ignore him completely when he just had to open his big mouth again and really piss her off.

“`M warnin’ you. `F you don’ shut that pretty mouth `f yours right now, I promise you won’ like the results.”

“Are you threatening me? HA! Let me up so I can find the right size branch and kick your,” she feigned his accent. “Bloody arse.”

“I warned you.” That was it. He couldn’t have her yammering but he damn sure didn’t want her thinking her apology wasn’t appreciated either. So he made his move, hoping she wouldn’t slap him for his effort in trying to achieve both objectives.

His warm mouth unexpectedly covered hers, swallowing her yelp of surprise. She pushed against him with all her might but he trapped her firmly in his steely embrace, drawing her closer, one hand to the back of her head, the other wrapping ever tighter about her waist.

“You’re forgiven,” he spoke out of the corner of his mouth so he didn’t have to pull away from her.

He forgave her? He forgives me, she internally sighed with relief, feeling the weight of her guilt lift even as he pressed his lips harder against hers.

He frantically sought her surrender to the kiss, fought with his mouth for mutual participation. No woman went out of her way to apologize to a man she supposedly hated... especially not his Buffy. She felt something for him; he was sure of it and wanted desperately to confirm this before letting her go.

No, no. Shouldn’t be... can’t, “Ah-mmph,” doing this. Her lips parted to gasp for air and he quickly seized the opportunity to invade her mouth with his tongue.

Her struggles slowly tapered, whimpers of protest weakening to give way to moans. Her mind, however, remained locked in battle, knowing she shouldn’t be doing this, trying to get her arms to cooperate and resume the fight to push him away from her. The taste of his tongue against hers quickly brought back her conflicting thoughts from earlier. They marched right into her brain to clash then overrun all logic. If that wasn’t enough, her body betrayed her as well, began to respond on its own, humming under his touch, coming in to act as reinforcement to provide a ready justification she could accept later as her will unraveled.

Tiny sighs of bliss escaped her throat in unison with his moaning. His grip to her waist loosened the moment he felt her hand on his back, holding him to her while she turned her mouth sideways to give him more access, kissing him back with equal fervor. This was heaven and he never felt better in his lonely life than he did right now with her in his arms. He became lost in that moment, forgetting where they were and what he was supposed to be doing, all he knew is he wanted more and moved his hand to cup her face before rolling her onto her back.

Everything he was doing felt so incredible, every delicious swipe of his tongue, every gentle stroke of his thumb to her cheek and, “Mmmmm,” suddenly she was on her back, her knees being nudged apart so he could plant his strong thighs between her legs and press his erection against her center. Her hips instinctively bucked against his bold move, causing him to growl into her mouth, setting her nerves on fire.

His conscience tugged at him, telling him this was going too far and not to ruin whatever truce they’d just achieved by trying to rut with her in the dirt. Oh, Chris’, gotta stop, help me to stop. As if God himself heard his prayer, the very next moment someone tripped the alarm and the smoke bombs went off with a hiss, signaling his need to spring into action. Bloody hell. It had to be, no matter how much he wished he could stay right here with her, things were getting too heated and it wasn’t the place or time. He pulled away from her to place a few light, reassuring kisses to her lips.

“Thank you, kitten... thank you.” He placed another short kiss to her lips then leapt up and took off.

Before she knew it, he was gone, leaving her in a daze of need. She heard what he said but her mind and body needed a moment to recover then process what the hell just happened. She rolled over and watched as a flurry of action took place all around her accompanied by the ‘rat-a-tat-tat’ of blanks being fired in this simulated war. It took quite a few minutes for things to calm down and when she saw an opportunity to get up and move about without interfering, she quickly headed off to find the ambulance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy walked past a small group of soldiers, heading for the ambulance where Faith sat in the driver’s seat, looking bored while reading a magazine.

“Hey, B. Where were you?”

“I got held up a bit longer helping second platoon with their causalities.”

“Huh.” She smiled curiously at her. “If you say so.”

She shrugged her shoulders at Faith’s odd response and kept walking towards the back of the vehicle. She was still feeling flushed from Spike’s kisses and needed something to drink. Opening the double doors, she climbed in, flicked on the overhead lights and retrieved her canteen.

The sound of someone knocking against the side brought her attention to the door after swallowing a mouthful of water. “Just a second.” Hopping out, she was briefly greeted by Gunn’s bright smile before that smile was traded out for an expression that could only be described as weird.

“Hey there. Uhmm... you got a little,” he raised his hand and brushed his mouth.

“What?” She put her fingers to her mouth and wiped at it. “Is it water?”

“No. More like,” he pointed above his own lip and waited while she wiped the area casually. “And... there,” he indicated the sides of her mouth.

“God, what is it?” She started freaking out, thinking she was covered in dirt or worse, a smooshed bug. She wiped furiously at her mouth with the back of her hand then brought it up to the light for inspection.

Gunn watched her eyes go huge as she groaned, “Oh God!” When she looked back at him, she felt her face go hot with embarrassment as he gave her a toothy grin, shook his head in amusement then walked away, chuckling as he went. What the light revealed was camo paint... Spike’s camo paint. It must have rubbed off all over her when they were kissing. Mortified, she quickly went for a pack of baby wipes, the most indispensable item a soldier can bring to the field and scrubbed her face clean while Faith looked over her shoulder to ask.

“Take it he accepted your apology?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gunn walked towards the Tactical Operations Center, or TOC tent and nearly ran right into Spike as he was exiting.

“Whoa, mate.”

“Hey there,” his voice held enthusiasm but with just a hint of mild sarcasm for good measure as he took in his friend’s appearance. “Looks like someone’s gonna be knee deep in peroxide before we go out tomorrow night.”

“Huh?”

Gunn held up a finger to say ‘wait a second’, pulled his camo-paint pack out and opened it before handing it over. “Have a look.”

Spike held the mirror side up to his face and emitted a string of curses as he took in the sight of his smudged war paint.

“Seems Summers is wearing the other half.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The very next day.

Everyone finished taking inventory back on post at the Infantry unit’s motor pool and were about to be released for some much needed R&R when Gunn came trotting up to Buffy and Faith as they headed for Faith’s car.

“Ladies,” he called out until they stopped to face him. “NCO club tonight at eight, it’s the ritual.”

“But we’re not part of your company.” She knew what he meant but turned to inform Faith. “Every time they come back from the field, they have drinks at the NCO club.”

“True, but you participated so you have to come... both of you.” He looked from one to the other.

“Not my usual hang out but count me in. I’m not one to break tradition and there ARE a couple of hotties I wouldn’t mind seeing again.”

“You can’t be serious?” The question was directed at Gunn but both answered ‘yes’ at the same time.

“Come on, B. You know you want to go.” She laughed when Buffy rolled her eyes at her.

“Fine. Eight o’clock. But I’m only staying long enough for one beer.”

“Great. See ya there.” Now that he was sure she’d be showing tonight, all he had left to do was make sure his best friend kept up his end of the bet and showed his new ‘do’ off tonight. Faith approached him during the week and had a little talk with him about her thoughts on the blonde couple. Seemed Buffy’s friend was well aware of what had been going on all along and was totally willing to help in any way she could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I am NOT going to wear this.” No way, it was too, too... brazen for her taste.

“You look totally hot. Besides, I agreed to stay for one drink and run interference from Sergeant Sweet Cheeks in that pathetic place they dare call a club and for that... you ARE coming out with me for once to a real bar.”

“Fine, but can I at least switch tops? I’d feel more comfortable in something of my own.” She stared at her own reflection and whirled around, taking in the clothes Faith insisted she wear from her own wardrobe.

“Nope. Now come on, we’re already late and it’s time to get our drink on. I arranged for a cab to pick us up at eight thirty so we can get trashed tonight and not worry about driving.” If everything went as planned, her friend and this Spike guy would be between the sheets by night’s end.

“Okay, okay.” She had to admit she did look good in the little black outfit, and it wasn’t overly revealing but she still felt uncomfortable, more so over Spike’s reaction to it since he would more than likely be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the NCO club

Their group was a bit larger than usual after Gunn informed everyone that the two MEDDAC females would be joining them for drinks. Spike was a mess of conflicting emotions as he stood there when Gunn made the little announcement earlier that day at the motor pool. Yes, he’d bleached the top of his hair and yes he showed up, but not to prove to Gunn that he’d kept their bet so much as to be there when Buffy showed. He wasn’t sure what he would say to her or how she would act towards him after what took place between them, but he wouldn’t have any of his comrades thinking she was up for grabs... no matter what he had to do to fend them off.

Just as he finished that thought, there she was, standing with her back to him at the bar with her friend and bloody hell! She looked, looked... he swallowed hard, hotter than he’d ever seen her. The civilian clothes he’d seen on her were cute, very cute, but tonight she looked like a goddess, decked out in leather except for the black cotton top that was held together by a long line of silky, feminine strings that braided down her entire back to tie neatly in a bow. When she turned around, he noticed it showed her mid-riff off where she sported a silver belly ring. The short black leather mini-skirt barely came to mid thigh and her knee-high boots he’d seen her wear before completed the outfit. Every male in the place had to be as hard as he was right now. She looked like the little sex kitten he knew her to be and he couldn’t help but wink at her when she caught him staring. He was sure she’d dressed that way just for him, and he was definitely going to show her just how much he appreciated the gesture. Seems she’d finally come around and accepted the inevitable... they belonged together.

“Okay, I got my beer. Now let’s go find Gunn and his motley crew of foot soldiers.”

“Oh my God!” Faith had already turned around and the sight she saw took her by complete surprise right before she burst out laughing.

“Wha...” Turning around, she quickly caught sight of the reason for her roomdawg’s, as they called themselves, laughter. There was Spike, standing next to Gunn, looking as fine as ever in his more typical, all black ensemble, but with the top of his wavy locks bleached out like a Californian surfer, winking at her. “What the hell?” The wink was the second shock to the shade he’d chosen to dye his hair with and he had that all too familiar smug look about him. She quickly turned back around and picked up her beer, taking a huge swig from it. “Oh-my-God!” This was so not happening. He looked good, surprisingly sexy in a ‘punk’ kind of way with the dye job, but the look on his face had her fuming. The cocky gesture meant he must have misinterpreted their kiss for something more than what it was... a heat of the moment thing that her lack of better judgment had lured her to participate in.

“Your boy looks good, B. Come on, time to join them for this drink before we high-tail it outta here.”

“Yeah.” It only took a moment to recall the way he’d treated her all along and his expression suggested he was going back to being the jerk she knew him to be. Erghhhh, how dare he after she’d went and apologized. She thought that meant something to him. Obviously not. Fine, okay, if he was going to go back to being his usual arrogant self, well, she would just have to remind him where he stood with her. “Excuse me,” she smiled sweetly at the bartender. “Do you have a pen I can borrow?” The young man handed her what she needed in order to put Spike back in his place and she threw him a large tip before asking Faith to bring her beer for her as they walked towards the crew of men that now stared in open appreciation of the sight of them dressed so provocatively until, Buffy rushed Spike with a huge smile on her face.

She jumped up and down like an excited teenager in front of him, waving a napkin and a pen in his face, completely throwing him off his game.

“Oh my, God, it’s Billy Idol. Please oh please, can I get your autograph, Mr. Idol?”

The crowd erupted in hysterics around her and Gunn wrapped his arm around her shoulders to squeeze her in a half hug. “Well done, well done.”

Bloody bint. He didn’t think he looked half bad until she openly embarrassed him in front of his mates.

For the next twenty minutes, Buffy put as much distance between them as possible, smiling away at his friends, making small talk while drinking her beer, ignoring his presence entirely. He thought for sure, no, he knew they’d come to an understanding with the way she kissed him back and even encouraged his advances in the woods. Now... now she was back to acting as if he were beneath her, unworthy of acknowledgement in any form.

“We need a woman’s perspective,” Gunn turned to both the girls. “Men have the same typical reasons for joining the Army, but what’s the story on why you two joined?” Faith answered him first.

“This is the only place where I’m treated as an equal and can make as much money as a man.”

Buffy chimed in to back her friend up. “I agree. I mean let’s face it, in the civilian sector men make two thirds of the world’s income. But here,” she spread her hands wide, “We’re equals. It doesn’t matter the age or gender, it’s time in service that determines income.”

“Sounds like rubbish to me,” Spike quickly interjected, trying to gain some measure of her attention.

Faith nodded in agreement with Buffy. “Take a man and a woman who are both at the same executive level in corporate America. The typical paycheck for that female executive is at least twenty thousand less than the guy who has the same amount of experience in terms of years with the company.”

“Shoot,” Gunn went ghetto. "I’d give twenty percent of my paycheck to have multiple orgasms.” Everyone around them burst out laughing while a few of the men shouted, ‘here, here’.

“Speaking of... time to hustle,” Faith nudged Buffy’s side while pointing to her watch. She needed to keep ‘operation orgasm’ on schedule if she and Gunn were going to succeed.

“Gotcha.” She walked over to Gunn and ignored Spike completely as she embraced him for a hug. “Gotta go, sorry. It’s been fun, thank you.”

“Awww,” several of the guys chimed at the same time. “Leaving us so soon?”

“`Fraid so.”

“Hot date, huh?” Gunn asked.

“Something like that.” She winked at him, all the while feeling Spike’s eyes bore a very welcome, jealous hole through her clothes. Good. He should have known better. If he’d been nice to her, they might have had a pleasant conversation for once. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be. He’d chosen to resort back to being the natural born ass he was and ruin everything. His loss... totally. She felt a smug sense of satisfaction when she caught him staring after her retreating form and she purposefully exaggerated the sway of her hips to drive home the unspoken point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the cab dropped them off twenty minutes later outside of the main city, Buffy wondered exactly what she’d gotten herself into. They walked into a club filled with loud alternative rock, strobe lights, both men and women dancing inside suspended cages dressed in next to nothing.

“Welcome to my world, B. Come on.” She grabbed her arm and dragged her to the bar. “Two starters,” she ordered the bartender who looked like the guy from ‘OCC Choppers’. He nodded at her, set two short glasses on the bar and proceeded to fill it with two different kinds of alcohol before setting it on fire. “Drink up, roomdawg.” She handed Buffy her fiery drink, blew the flame out to her own and downed it in one gulp.

“Uhmm... fuck it.” After seeing the bartender give her a preemptive look, she followed Faith’s example and licked her lips over the sweet taste it left in her mouth. “Wow. That was... wow! Can I have another?”

“Trust me, one of those is enough. Two of the usual, please.” She waited until he made two whiskey sours and added the cherries, then handed him a fifty before adding, “Keep `em coming.”

Buffy sipped hesitantly at the mixed drink, but soon found herself comfortably numb midway through the second.

It was twenty past ten when Faith saw Gunn walking towards the bar... Spike in tow as planned. “Let’s dance,” she grabbed Buffy’s drink right out of her hand and set it down on the counter.

“Huh?”

“Your boy just showed up and I’m trying to save you. Trust me,” she nodded towards the other end of the bar and watched as Buffy looked over, recognition along with dread crawling across her features when she caught sight of him. “Don’t worry, we can keep ourselves busy. Besides, don’t you wanna make him regret what he lost out on?” She winked and took her friend’s hand to lead her out on the dance floor, watching Buffy’s expression change from one of confusion to complete understanding.

She wasn’t drunk, not completely and she knew Faith well enough by now to understand where she was going with this. “Sooooo, make him jealous?”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av1QjAfJ1ak

“Yeah... something like that.” She reached the center of the dance floor and brought Buffy’s hands to wrap around her waist before raising her own above her head to engage in the beat of the tune that began, swaying her hips seductively close to her friend’s.

Mother of God, Gunn thought as he spotted Buffy and her roommate out on the dance floor less than thirty seconds after Spike and he reached the bar. He nudged an elbow in his buddy’s side and cocked his head in the girls’ direction. “Get a load of that.”

“What?” Looking across the sea of people, he instantly honed in on what had his friend totally transfixed. Taking in the lyrics of ‘One Inch Punch’, he went impossibly hard, caught like a fly in a spider’s web at the vision the two women created as they danced together erotically to the seductive words.

I strike, quickly being bold

You're all, you're all dogs
You're just dogs of the house
You're weak, weak, weak, weak slaves
The weak slave goes to the wall, oooh

'Cause I am
I am that pretty piece of flesh
I am a pretty piece of flesh


“I think this falls under the don’t ask, don’t tell policy,” Gunn mused aloud.

“Indeed.” Spike wished he’d worn a slightly looser pair of jeans as he had to adjust his erection when Buffy ran her hands down the front of Faith’s body, barely avoiding the other woman’s breasts.

Go, go, foes can never measure to the crew as we roll on
Blast the amplifiers in the back with their soul on
A pretty piece of flesh and yes, you better show your crest
Shoulder holster strapped, I'm pulling from the chest

Guess who's gonna be the first to pull it from you?
But if the steel seal representing Montague
Lovelorn torn from two sides, singin' at dark skies
To the heavens, I'll be seeing worlds collide


Faith wrapped an arm around Buffy’s waist the second she knew the two blondes made eye contact. Whatever happened from here was no longer within her control. All she could do was steer them in the right direction with Gunn’s help if they could group together after this dance.

I'm dodgin' bullets and bang, it's hard to hang
Doing a hundred miles an hour like a video game
Rollin' brick thick and diesel thinking nothin' can faze me
With nickel plated sword slingin', livin' is crazy

Stars collide, worlds divide with a pretty piece of flesh
Your little pretty piece of flesh
Stars collide, worlds divide with a pretty piece of flesh
Your little pretty piece of flesh


Suddenly, another man came up to slide himself in between the two beautiful women.

Watching his Buffy so intimately wrapped between her roommate and another guy, writhing and gyrating to the erotic beat had his blood boiling with jealousy.

I am a pretty piece of flesh
I am a pretty piece of flesh

I will split you in two
Shake shake shake boom
I strike, quickly being bold
You're all, you're all dogs


“Be right back, mate.” His legs carried him forward, pushing through the crowd of dancers in order to reach the object of his affection, determined to put a stop to all of the attention she was receiving and paying to her dance partners.

Gunn signaled Faith with his head as Spike neared the trio and watched her lead the guy away from Buffy who had her back to them. He was glad she understood what he meant because he didn’t want this to turn into a bar room brawl. His second sigh of relief came when Spike headed straight for Buffy instead of the idiot boy.

Stars collide, worlds divide with a pretty piece of flesh
(you're just dogs of the house)
Pretty piece of flesh (you're weak, weak, weak, weak slaves)
Stars collide, worlds divide with a pretty piece of flesh
(the weak slave goes to the wall, oooh)
Pretty piece of flesh


With her hands above her head, eyes closed, body swaying slowly, she felt a distinctly male pair of hands touch her wrists and ghost their way down her arms, sides and waist to settle low on her hips, fingers splayed across her abdomen. At first she thought it was the man that came to dance with her and Faith, but the familiar scent and feel of leather against her back when he pressed himself against her set off the warning alarm.

'Cause I am, I am, I'm that pretty piece of flesh
I am a pretty piece of flesh
I am a pretty piece of flesh
I am a pretty piece of flesh, I am


Spike leaned in close to her ear. “`Lo, luv.” He felt her tense against him but he pulled her body closer against his.

Whatever buzz she had fled as the deep British voice purred in her ear. She stood her ground even though she wanted to flee the second she knew who it was, but no way was Spike going to chase her away from having a good time.

“What are you’re doing, Spike?” She kept dancing against him, determined to show him he couldn’t scare her.

Stars collide, worlds divide with a pretty piece of flesh
Your little pretty piece of flesh
Stars collide, worlds divide with a pretty piece of flesh
Your little pretty piece of flesh


“Dancin’ with my girl.” She turned around with that familiar fire in her eyes then surprised him by wrapping her arms around his neck and grinding up against him. He wasn’t sure what to make of her brazen behavior but he was more than willing to go along with it. She raised a hand to the back of his head and drew him down within millimeters of her parted lips. He was so sure she was going to kiss him until she spoke.

“I’m not your girl.” The song faded out. Dropping her arms, she grabbed his and removed them from around her waist. “Thanks for the dance.”

Minx! He wasn’t going to let her off that easy. If she thought she could escape him, she had another thing coming. He watched her walk over to Gunn who was already talking with Faith and headed straight for them.

Buffy figured it out, or at least she thought she did. Faith must have told Gunn where they were going and when he told Spike, it was obvious Spike had dragged Gunn with him, because none of the other guys from the NCO club were with them. She played it cool, though. That was fine with her. She could handle him, she’d just ignore him like she had earlier tonight, although she would definitely refrain from dancing anymore. She’d felt his erection when he pressed it into her bottom and no matter how her body reacted; she wasn’t going to give him that opportunity again tonight.

Turning around, she saw a very determined looking Spike walking towards her with a dangerous look on his face. She shook her head and laughed, what did he think he was going to do? “I’m going to the bathroom, be right back,” she told Faith then walked away. Let him come after her, there was no way he could follow her into the ladies room. Wrong!

No sooner had she walked into the bathroom and was fluffing her hair in front of the mirror than Spike came barging right in, locking the door behind him.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing? You can’t be in here.”

“The hell I can’. I’ve got no qualms `bout bein’ in here jus’ like you were in the men’s room a few weeks ago with me. Now tell me, pet. What the hell were you tryin’ to prove out there?”

She turned back towards the mirror and continued primping. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have nothing to prove. Especially not to you.”

“Fair `nough. But what I wanna know `s wha’s with the cold shoulder after that hot kiss yesterday?”

She whipped around and pointed a finger at him. “Don’t you dare go there. Don’t you dare cheapen my apology by throwing that in my face.”

“Chris’, Buffy. Tha’s not what `m doin’. I thought we were past that?” God, she was frustrating him to no end.

“We are. We’re past everything and now you can leave.”

“Stop kiddin’ yourself. Tha’s not what you want and we both know it.” She laughed at him, really laughed at him and it pissed him off. “You want me to leave?” he asked angrily.

“Gee, I don’t know,” she laid the sarcasm on thick. “It’s only what I just said, but maybe I don’t. MAYBE... I want you to stay because I’m really in love you and just can’t admit it.” Okay, that sounded weird coming out of her mouth, even though it was only meant as a jibe.

“Okay, Summers. `F you want me to leave, then tha’s what I’ll do.”

“Finally!” She threw her hands up in the air. “Thank y...” he cut her off.

“BUT. We have some business that needs takin’ care of first before I walk out that door.”

“And what’s that?” She watched him tilt his head to the side and give her a sexy smirk, making her extremely nervous.

“There’s the matter of that kiss you owe me. Time to pay up, pet.” He curled his tongue behind his teeth. Fine, he’d leave her be, but not before collecting that kiss. He planned on using it against her, make her so weak in the knees she couldn’t deny her feelings. Leave her breathless and thinking hard, maybe it’ll make her come to him for once after he left her like that.

“Uh-uh,” she crossed her arms and leaned against the sink. “No way. You got your kiss back in the trench.”

“Noooo, noooo,” he shook his head at her. “I did that to shut you up cuz you couldn’ keep from runnin’ that mouth of yours.”

“I hate you,” she seethed. “If you think I’m...”

“`M not gonna leave till I get it, right here,” he pointed to the floor. “Right now.” He watched the anger flash across her face and smiled. Soon. Soon you won’ be able to deny what we could have.

“Do you have my dog tags?” He nodded and pulled them out from under his shirt, dangling them so they rattled against his own.

“Ready to make the trade?” She held her hand out but he shook his head. “Tsk, tsk, pet. You should know me better than that. `M not givin’ them back till after.”

“You wear them?” Obsessed much? That was... disturbing. Good God, when this man had a goal in mind, he really pursued it. He’d had her in his cross-hairs for weeks on end, was dead set on getting her in bed and she got just a little bit more nervous as he neared her, hoping the adage wasn’t true that persistence pays.

“Bloke’s gotta be prepared,” he shrugged indifferently. That’s the excuse he came up with every morning he looked in the mirror and saw them. Of course now he’d grown attached to them, would miss them in a way after wearing them for so long. But if it got him the girl, the rightful owner, it was worth it.

“Fine.” She leaned her palms on the sides of the sink and cleared her throat while shaking her hair to the side. “Let’s just get this over with, shall we?” Oh God, oh God, oh god. He was already swaggering towards her with an evil glint in his eye, sneering in that dead sexy way that had her heart hammering in her chest. If my body reacts, it reacts. No big deal, it’s just a physical reaction to a really hot man who knows how to kiss... among other things. Sure, that was one way to look at it, but was it the whole truth? No. And she knew it. “Just ONE kiss.”

“Tha’s all I want.” Tha’s all it’ll take.

Oh yeah, he was going to drag this out for all it was worth, take his time, work her up, make her want it. Standing within inches of her, he raised a hand to run it over her hair then tilted his head and pulled a few strands up to press against his nose, inhaling its fragrance.

“What are you doing?” Her question came out weak, her voice a bit shaky. She watched his eyes close and a smile grace his lips as he sniffed her hair deeply. “I thought you were going to kiss me.”

He let go of her silky locks and tucked them behind her ear. “Jus’ takin’ my time. Why?” He gave her a curious look. “Am I makin’ you nervous?” He could see it in her eyes, hear it in her voice but knew she’d deny it. If she only knew that every time she did that, it was an open invitation for him to prove her wrong. Silly bint. She invited trouble with her defiant attitude. Her stubborn pride would be her undoing but of course he’d be right there making sure she enjoyed every second of it with no regrets.

“No.”

“`Course not.” So predictable.

“Can you please just get it over with?” He was up to something, she could tell from the mischief that danced in his eyes.

“Eh-eh-eh. This `s MY kiss and I get to take however much bloody time I want.” She rolled her eyes at him and went to say something but he placed a single finger to her lips. “`F you want this over with, then I suggest you keep quiet.”

Ooooooo, that smug bastard. No problem, no problem at all, I’ll stay quiet if that’s what it takes.

“Now where was I?” Removing his finger from her mouth, he reached for her face and threaded his fingers into her hair with both hands, bringing his lips within millimeters of hers. She closed her eyes on instinct, expecting him to kiss her but he held back. He turned his face and placed his cheek against hers, nuzzling it up and down gently before coming back to lean his forehead against hers. Her chest began heaving against his and the feel of her nipples tightening into pebbles through the thin cotton of both their shirts made him impossibly hard. He drew his fingers slowly through the full length of her hair then gently dragged his fingertips down the satiny ties of her shirt until his hands settled on her hips.

She opened her eyes to stare into his and watched in fascination as they turned a different shade of blue, the intensely sapphire hue becoming steadily clouded over with lust while his hands opened and closed, squeezing her hips in a pulsing rhythm. She knew she was in trouble when his thumbs began rubbing in teasing circles against the bare skin between where her top ended and skirt began. It was a tantalizing type of tickle meant to get her excited and damn... it was working. She tried to remain still but she could feel his heartbeat accelerating right along with hers they were pressed so intimately together with every ragged breath they took in unison.

What he really wanted was to hike up her skirt, lift her tiny body to sit on the counter and shag her senseless, but he couldn’t. If she was ever going to want him half as bad as he wanted her then he needed to give her just a sample, a taste of what she could have all the time if only she’d give herself over to him completely. The ultimate fantasy? For her to be the one to ask him to take her to his bed.

She sighed and closed her eyes when she felt the bulge between his legs dig into her belly as he buried his head into her neck, brushing his lips across her skin. His touch was light, lips soft as silk as he dragged them torturously slow up then down, over and over until he brought them close to her ear.

“Love your scent, pet. Drives me insane.” Bending his knees, his hands traveled downward along with his lips as he feathered them over her throat, across her chest where her blouse met the top of her heaving breasts and up towards the opposite ear. His palms met with the smooth expanse of her bare thighs and he was grateful for her choice in wearing the ultra short mini skirt. He moaned in appreciation then flicked his tongue out to trace the shell of her ear, enjoying the tiny gasp that escaped her when he did this.

Her knuckles turned red then white from gripping the counter tighter and tighter as the seconds wore on, trying desperately to fight his assault to her senses. Goosebumps on her skin, butterflies in her stomach, tingles of ecstasy racing through her veins to pulse deep in her womb... in a way she didn’t want it to end but he had to kiss her sometime. Right? Why hadn’t he kissed her yet? Oh my, GOD! Her eyes flew open wide and looked down. “What are you doing?” While her eyes had been closed, she didn’t notice he’d managed to sink to his knees and had her skirt up around her waist.

“Givin’ you a kiss,” he replied simply. She could say stop anytime she wanted to and he would, but he prayed she wouldn’t as he reached her underwear and began pulling them ever so slowly downward.

“B-but... there?” She should have been horrified, should have pushed him away, tried to get herself to do just that but she was frozen right where she was.

“Never said I wanted to kiss the lips on that pretty face `f yours.” He watched her eyes go even wider. “Don’ worry. Jus’ one kiss... I promise.”

The sight of him on his knees wanting to-do, to-do that to her was so arousing she felt a sharp pulse of need shoot straight through her exposed womanhood as he pulled her panties all the way down to her ankles. He gently lifted one foot and then the other to pull her underwear completely free from her body and oh God he had her so turned on, the way his eyes remained fixed on hers the entire time, like he was deliberately hypnotizing her to remain still. He did say it would be just one kiss... right?

He tucked her knickers into the pocket of his duster and brought his gaze level with the curls of her sex. Sliding a hand behind her knee, he raised it over his shoulder, opening her up to his hungry, waiting mouth. Her musky scent was potent and she was glistening in her own juices. He breathed in the perfume of her arousal one more time then darted his tongue out to take small, tentative licks.

Like a kitten lapping cream, he kept his touch light, taking short swipes, pausing between each to savor the tang of her honey, purring deep from within his throat the way she infused his taste buds with her unique flavor. He was definitely going to clean her of every last precious drop before finally giving her that kiss. Working his way around her entire opening, he paused to pay special attention to her clit, licking it over and over then circling it with the very tip of his stiffened tongue. He spared a glance up at her face and was surprised she was actually still watching him. Seeing her glazed over expression, hearing her tiny, pleasure filled pants excited him beyond belief and he liked the fact she was watching him, hoped she’d continue too so she would remember this later. Bringing his attention back to the task at hand, he started just below her precious, dewy bud and licked one delectable, swollen fold slowly, caressing it tenderly with his tongue, running it around the entire perimeter of her heaven. Completing the circle where he began, he boldly pulled her clit between his lips to suck and pull on it, carefully gauging her reaction, hoping she would allow this to continue.

“Spike!” Her hands left the counter and grabbed his head. She closed her eyes tight against the suckling sensation to her needy button, her own head falling back as she gasped from the wash of ecstasy that swept through her belly. She wasn’t sure how much more she could take, but one thing was sure, he’d made her desperate for release and she was sure if he kept that up, it wouldn’t be long. “Ahhhh.”

Just a bit more, luv. Without warning, he plunged his tongue deep inside her opening, wrapping his mouth firmly around her pouty lips, purring as he turned rough in response to having her tiny hands pulling him harder against her. Both hands had remained on her hips during this time, but now he reached around to cup each side of her bottom firmly, pulling her into his mouth even deeper. To hell with breathing for now, her kittenish mewls filled his ears and drove him crazy wanting to devour her whole. He felt her quiver around his face and knew it was time.

Her legs began to shake uncontrollably, knees trembling, threatening to buckle any second under his attentions. She let go of him to reach back for the counter, feeling sure she’d have to hold herself up as her orgasm began winding its twisted path through her entire body.

Releasing his hold to her sweet ass and pulling back from her needy, twitching body, he very carefully removed her leg from his shoulder and set it down. She looked down at him, utter shock marking her every questioning feature. He placed a gentle yet sound kiss to her mound, pulled her skirt back in place and stood.

“Mmmmm,” he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and smiled. “You taste as sweet as I thought you would, luv.”

She was so stunned; all she could do was to watch as he lifted her dog tags from his neck and placed it over her head. Did he mean to leave her like this? It certainly looked that way as he straightened his jacket and placed a hand to his crotch to adjust himself. No, he wouldn’t do that, he’s not capable, she knew he was just as horny as she was.

“All paid up now, pet.” He hooked a thumb through his belt, gave her a devious smirk then turned to unlock the door. When he opened it, there stood three women obviously waiting to get in and use the bathroom. “`Scuse me ladies,” he said politely then sauntered proudly down the hallway. That was definitely the hardest thing he’d ever had to do, leave his girl like that and himself in such a desperate state of need, but jus’ let her think about that for a few days. He didn’t do it to be cruel, far from it actually. He did it to prove a point, that there was no denying they belonged together and sooner or later, she would have to accept it.

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed. Have a great week and drop me line if you have some time. Huge cyber hug from me and a big fat kiss from my naughty muse, *giggles*.