I intended for this to be the last chapter - I truly did - but with things being as busy as they have been for me lately and the fact the muse, yet again, went over the word limit, I decided to go ahead and post what I have up to a certain cut off point, because it has been so long since I’ve updated. So I apologize if it seems like I’m dragging it out. The next chapter is completed but I need a few days to polish it up properly and the chapter after that should be the final one... it has to end somewhere, I know.

I currently have guests from out of town this weekend (another Army wife I’ve been friends with for years that I turned into a spuffy reader, YAY), but will stay atop of answering reviews. For anyone following TE, I’m terribly sorry I haven’t updated that either – the muse has been uber fickle lately with it and I’ve scrapped three separate drafts already – it’s an important chapter in my mind and I’m just not happy with what I have at the moment. Thanks to Dusty273 for all her help with this one and especially for putting up with my muse’s mood lately (the little bastard hasn’t been very cooperative), smooches to you my friend.

Wednesday morning...

“Rise and shine, Summers.”

Buffy groaned upon hearing Spike’s Drill Sergeant tone of voice while wiggling her shoulder.

“Gotta two mile run this morning. Le’s go,” he barked.

“Oh God! Stop shaking me.” He only shook her harder. “I mean it, Spike, STOP!” She turned over to face him and he let go of her immediately.

“Christ, pet, are you okay?” His smile instantly turned to a frown over seeing her so deathly pale.

“I really don’t feel so good right now.”

“`M sorry, kitten.” He smoothed her hair back from her face. “C`mere, sit up for a minute.” She shook her head but he insisted and helped her upright. “Do you think it was that wrap you ate last night?” He felt sick just seeing the guy make it, never mind the fact he couldn’t watch her eat it either.

“It’s gotta be.” She huffed. “God, that was stupid of me... but it sounded so good at the time.” He started rubbing her back in circles, his beautiful blue eyes so full of concern it drew a smile from her.

“How `bout some breakfast? Some toast to soak up the acid in your stomach, yeah?”

“Okay, Dr. Speichart.” She rolled her eyes teasingly at him.

“`M serious, Buffy. It should help.”

“I know-I know just... give me a minute. I don’t want to move right now.”

“Okay.” Inching his body closer to hers, he gently held her waist and checked her head to be sure she wasn’t running a fever. “How `bout you lay back down? I’ll go look `round your mum’s kitchen, rustle something up for you, yeah?” She leaned into his touch and nodded.

He helped her back under the covers then went downstairs.

“Mornin’, Joyce... Hank.” He nodded to each of her parents.

“Good morning, dear.” She went over and ruffled the hair on the top of his head before he could duck out of the way.

He shot her a smile as he went for the coffee maker then asked, “Could you tell me where the bread is, luv? I need to make some toast for Buffy.”

“Why? Isn’t she coming down for breakfast?” He shook his head at her.

“She’s not feelin’ too good. Lookin’ right pale matter of fact though she doesn’ seem to have a fever. I told her to lie back down and I’d bring her somethin’ to neutralize the acidity.”

“Oh, I hope she’s alright.”

“`M sure she’s fine.” He waved it off like it was no big deal. “It was probably what she ate last night after dinner.”

“Oh? And what was that?”

She noted the expression on his face while telling her the contents of the ‘bloody disgustin’ wrap’ Buffy had eaten when they were in town. Cocking a skeptical eyebrow at him, she stated rather than asked, “Really?” When he offered her a clueless shrug of his shoulders, she smiled sweetly and patted his shoulder. “Why don’t you sit down and drink your coffee. I’ll fix her something then you can take it to her. Oh, and before I forget, I’ll be taking Hank to work every morning so you kids can have the car whenever you’d like.”

“Tha’s very thoughtful, but we wouldn’ wanna inconvenience either of you.”

“It’s no problem, Spike. No need to be stuck here at the house everyday,” Hank added for good measure.

“Thank you both, we really appreciate it.”

“And Spike? I want to invite you to come out tonight and play cards with me and the guys. I could use a good partner.”

“Sounds like fun, jus’ hope Buffy don’ mind too much.”

“Bah! If she’s still sick, she has her mother to take care of her. She’ll be in good hands, right Joyce?” He looked to his wife who nodded.

“Go on, William.” She reassured. “I’ll be here in the event she’s still feeling ill.”

A few minutes later and Joyce prepared a tray, covering the food with aluminum wrap to keep it warm. “There’s enough here for both of you dear. Eggs sunny-side up, toast and corned-beef hash. Be sure Buffy eats at least a bite of each, alright?”

Spike found the way she was smiling at him odd, but dismissed it just as quickly and agreed before the three said their goodbyes and the older couple left the house for work.

“You awake, kitten?” He rapped his knuckles against the door while balancing the tray on one hand.

“Yeah,” she moaned before rolling over to sit upright.

He sat down on the bed, placing the tray beside her hip. “Here. Your mum insisted you eat somethin’ besides jus’ toast.”

The smell hit her before the sight of it had the chance to do a number on her intestinal fortitude.

After removing the tinfoil from the plate, he watched Buffy slap a hand over her mouth whilst turning a putrid shade of green. She all but pushed him off the bed in her attempt to bolt from the room, apparently heading towards the bathroom to be sick.

Looks like they weren’t going on that morning run after all or for any hike in the park. Poor thing! Well, far be it from him to let a good meal go to waste. Picking the fork up, he tucked in just as Buffy was re-entering her room.

“Oh God!” She came back just in time to see Spike stuff his face with a huge bite of egg, the runny yellow-orange of the yolk dribbling down his chin by accident. Her cheeks puffed and lips pursed in reflex. “I think I’m gonna be sick again.”

~~~*~~~

Later that same day...

Though Spike didn’t think it was a good idea for Buffy to go anywhere, she insisted she felt much better and conned him into going to the mall with her.

“I just need a couple of new brassieres. You don’t have to come in with me if you don’t want to,” she explained, but of course he gave her the devious eyebrow waggle.

“Think I’ll follow you anyway, pet. If memory serves me correct, you also need some new nighties. `M thinkin’ somethin’ in a nice shade of blue?”

Propping one hand on her hip, she reminded him, “I wouldn’t need anything new if you’d stop ripping my lingerie to shreds like a kid on Christmas.”

“Oi!” He grabbed her hand and led her into Victoria’s Secret. “`S always a gift seein’ you walk `round in somethin’ frilly. `Sides. Tha’s the fun part with any present... tearin’ away the pretty wrappin’ paper.”

“Uhh! You’re impossible.” He chuckled at her.

“You’re jus’ realizin’ that now?”

“Good point.” Letting go of his hand, she thought it best to get rid of him for awhile. “Why don’t you go... pick something out while I get what I need? It’ll just take me a few minutes.” As it was, his eyes were already focusing in on a display of the new spring line.

“Okay, pet.” She kissed his cheek and bounded off, leaving him to drool over all the sexy new choices he had in front of him to make.

Spike took his time, knowing her better than she did herself and that she’d be more than a few minutes. Pushing the hangers aside, he started picking his new ‘prezzies’ out with enthusiasm. White? Negative. Pink? Got some already. Black? Always a good choice. Ah! Here we are... pale blue. Mmmmm, goes with my eyes. After selecting half a dozen outfits he was hard just thinking about seeing her in, his eyes went in search of his girl.

There she is. As suspected, she was still busy shopping. He leaned against the wall and just observed her for a few moments while she chatted away with a sales lady. Nostalgia took over; bringing back the memory of when he’d first followed her around at the Victoria’s in NY. Bloody hell, he’d been a right bastard towards her back then.

Even though they’d been living together for months now, there were days - like today - he still couldn’t get over the fact she loved him. Lord knows he wasn’t the easiest person to get along with but she managed it, and him, with ease and a sassy brand of grace that was hers alone. As he watched her giggling away with the other bird, her hands held out in front of her breasts apparently discussing whatever size and type of bra she wanted, he couldn’t help but think how radiant she looked. Of course she always did, but for whatever reason, she looked especially radiant today. She turned her head in his direction, catching his eye and gave him a warm, sort of shy smile with a hint of blush staining her cheeks before returning her attention back to the conversation she was having. In the span of those three seconds she’d spared him, he swore she practically glowed.

“Find a teddy you like?” she asked as soon as she walked up to him.

“Several.” He gave her a wink as he held them up but noted the frown marring her face. “Wha’s the matter, pet? You don’ like `em?”

“No. They’re fine. Just noticing that...” she trailed off, pondering exactly how to say it without embarrassing herself.

Now she was blushing profusely, piquing his naughty curiosity. “Noticin’ what?” He leaned in to whisper. “Come on now... tell Spike what dirty thoughts my kitten is havin’.” She lightly punched his shoulder.

“It’s not dirty; it’s just... awkward for me to say.”

“Go on.” Awkward?!?! Okay, now he wasn’t sure what she was thinking. Ever since he’d come back from the field, her temperament had been somewhat... different.

“I think... I-I think-” she lowered her voice even though there was no one else around them. “-I need a slightly larger size than what you’re used to buying me.”

“Really? Like what? A ‘small’ rather than ‘extra small?” he joked. Oh, he’d notice her lovely curves seemed slightly more rounded these days but hadn’t breathed a word knowing how sensitive she was about her weight. Personally, he loved how it looked on her, so of course he wasn’t going to say anything that would prompt her to start dieting or exercising more to get rid of it. Her frame was so petite that in his opinion, she could stand to gain twenty more pounds and it would look amazing on her. “Hmmmm,” he purred, leaning his forehead against hers. “I think you should take these in the dressin’ room... try them on and let me be the judge.”

He had that wicked gleam in his eyes while sneaking a finger inside the gap between the buttons of her shirt to lightly tease the underside of her breast. She couldn’t help the tiny groan that escaped her lips from both the contact and the covert meaning behind his suggestion. He got off, quite literally, on the thrill of having sex in places where the prospect of getting caught was high. More often than not he had a hard time convincing her, but perhaps... why not? She found herself suddenly ‘in the mood’ and knew without a doubt he was willing.

He was flabbergasted when she tilted her head up, placed her lips next to his ear and rubbed her palm over his crotch.

“Come with me.” His eyes blinked in a double take of surprise when she stepped away, crooking her finger in an invitation to follow her. Like a dutiful dog, he obeyed, following her with a comical, mesmerized look on his face like a robot that had no choice as his feet mechanically carried him forward.

Oh, I will, luv. I will. He didn’t expect this type of reaction from her. Usually, he had to pull every seductive trick he knew out of his hat in order to persuade her, so the sexy wink she gave him had him suspicious because this seemed almost too easy. Sod it! He was always ‘up’ for some public hanky panky, so if she was, he was going to shag her rotten before she changed her mind.

Spike waited just outside the door, listening with anticipation to the sounds of her getting out of her clothes and then into the blue number he’d chosen as his favorite. Seconds later, she poked her head out the door and looked around before grabbing his wrist and yanking him inside the five by five room.

Sold was the first thought that ran through his mind as she pirouetted on her toes for him. She looked like a goddess, stole his breath away and made him impossibly hard. Her breasts were practically spilling out of the lacy material, and the stretchy nylon and spandex blend was a perfect fit on his kitten.

“Pretty,” he whispered huskily then stepped up to fold his arms about her waist and fondle her lovely bum, enjoying the fact he could watch himself do it in the mirror that was mounted on the wall behind her. Hmmm... Mirror! “I have an idea, kitten.”

“You always do,” she giggled.

“Can you blame me?” He stepped back and smirked, watching her expression turn lustful when he unzipped his pants, allowing his erection to spring forth before settling down in the armless sitting chair. “Why don’ you bring yourself over here and sit on daddy’s...” he wrapped his fingers around his shaft and began stroking it. “Lap?”

She stuck her finger in the corner of her mouth, looking scolded. “Have I been a naughty girl?” He shook his head, chuckling evilly as he corrected the misunderstanding.

“Not naughty enough!” The second she was within reach, he abandoned his cock, grabbed her waist and dragged her forward to straddle his thighs. “Mmmm, nice.” He ran his hands lovingly all over her bottom, appreciating the reflection of what he was doing before fisting his hand in the material of the crotch and pulled it aside. “Very nice,” he purred, sliding a finger inside her slick channel up to the first knuckle, pumping it in and out a few times before adding a second finger to scissor them back and forth, earning him those sweet kittenish mewls of hers he loved so much.

She placed a hand on his shoulder for support when her legs began to tremble. “That’s enough teasing, Mister.” She bent her knees, poising herself over his manhood while her other hand grasped the base to steady it.

He let out a low growl when she fixed him with those sultry green eyes of hers and the steamiest look he’d ever seen before sinking her hot little body down on his. His jaw went slack and he watched in awe as she kept her eyes glued to his, rising and falling over his thick length, sucking him inside her luxurious heat, over and over in a slow torturous rhythm. She looked absolutely drunk from the feminine power she wielded over him and bloody hell if she didn’t have every right to... she knew she owned him, body and soul.

She pulled his head to one side so his line of sight to the mirror wasn’t blocked and whispered, “Tell me what you see, baby.”

“Arghh!” She bit down on the delicate skin covering his pulse point then quickly covered his mouth to ‘hush’ him. God help her but she was going to earn herself a harsh fucking if she kept up this rough play.

“Sshhh. If you’re too loud, we’ll have to stop.” Removing her hand, she leaned back and rotated her hips in lazy circles, quietly sighing out her pleasure.

His eyes rolled up in his head at the sensation and he grabbed her hips. “Too late for that, pet.” From over her shoulder, he watched her start bouncing up and down on his lap. He enjoyed the view immensely but thought it unfair he was the only one able to watch the performance.

“Hey! What-”

“Turnin’ you around, pet,” he answered before she completed the question. Lifting her off his lap, he rotated her body and situated her back against his chest while simultaneously pushing himself back inside her lush depths.

“Oh God,” she whispered, shivering as goose bumps spread everywhere in response to seeing him slide smoothly between the petals of her sex. His length glistened brightly with her juices under the fluorescent lighting and she watched in fascination as he moved his first two fingers to form a ‘V’ where they were joined, opening her up even more while tweaking one of her nipples with his other hand. He settled his chin in the hollow of her neck, bringing them cheek to cheek so he could watch alongside of her in the mirror, his lips mouthing a gratifying declaration of ‘oh shit’ before shifting his gaze to her face and smirking.

“Such a greedy li’l pussy.”

“Can you blame me?” she used his own words against him.

“Uh-uh.”

“Cuz if-”

“Jus’ shut up and fuck me, kitten.” Encircling her waist tightly, he raised her up and pulled her none-to-gently back onto his erection, being mindful to cover her mouth, anticipating the scream that left her lips from this harsh action. He did this a few more times, grunting his own satisfaction then abruptly shoved her off his lap. “Place your hands on the mirror,” he ordered gruffly, pushing her towards the looking glass.

“Unghh... Spike.” He hurriedly situated her in a submissive position, pulling her hips back to bend her waist at forty five degree angle in perfect line for his waiting cock. His eyes turned stormy as he trained them on the reflection of hers and she had to bite her lip when he thrust himself sharply back inside. If this was the result of having spontaneous sex in a public place, maybe they should do it more often. To see him like this, watch him get lost in the moment, in her was such a huge turn on she knew it wouldn’t be long before she came. Her eyes were darting everywhere at once, trying to take it all in, catching a glimpse of the powerful muscles in his thighs as he roughly drove himself in and out of her then glancing up in time to see the pure and undiluted expression of ecstasy written all over his face.

Snaking a possessive hand down her belly, he used two fingers to stimulate her clit. He placed the palm of the other hand over her mouth as before and whispered his warning. “Brace yourself.” He bared his teeth a split second before biting the corded muscle of her neck, pistoning his cock in and out of her at a brutal and unrelenting pace.

The mixed sensations of pain and pleasure triggered the fluttering of her passage. The ache of her need balled itself deep within her womb and her muffled moans grew louder along with the wet sucking noise of their flesh coming together as he mercilessly pounded her from behind. He released her neck, but only to fill her ear with dirty commands of what he wanted from her.

“Tha’s it, pet... cum for Spike.” Her walls were swiftly clamping down on his member in a strangling hold, causing his balls to constrict. “You love gettin’ fucked by me, don’t you?” She nodded into his hand, her eyes struggling to remain open and fixed on his. He pulled her head to rest against his shoulder and told her, “Don’ hold back, pigeon... I know you can take it harder than this.” He gave her a particularly harsh thrust. “Come on, Buffy, fuck me back... squeeze my cock, baby, make me yours... and make me cum.” Christ she was fucking beautiful at the peak of her passion as she exploded around him in a rush of warm juices. “Tha’s my girl.” With one final thrust, he shoved her body flush to the cold surface of the mirror and ground his hips into the soft flesh of her bottom as he unloaded his lust deep inside her.

“Oh-God, Oh-God, Oh-God,” she panted as quietly as possible now that he’d removed his hand from her mouth. He chuckled against her back then kissed the side of her head.

“We’re definitely buying this nightie.”

“Ewww, I’d say so after... after THAT!” Whether or not it fit was beside the point since they basically just defiled the expensive, yet tiny scrap of material.

He helped her redress since she was weak in the knees but before they left the dressing room, he pulled her in for a quick kiss. “Mmmm, don’ know what got into you, luv.” Cocking his head thoughtfully, he continued, “Well, actually I do.” He bucked his hips against her. “But I love when you’re so hot for me you’ll do it anywhere.” She surprised him by attacking his mouth and wrapping her leg around his hip, rubbing herself against his already sated cock. He kissed her back, encouraged her, loving this new yet bewildering behavior of hers though he couldn’t get hard again right now if his life depended on it.

“We’ve got some time before mom and dad get home,” she sighed after breaking the kiss. “Let’s say we finally use mom’s hundred dollars and get a hotel room for a few hours.”

He pulled back to see a drugged look of lust in her eyes and shook his head in confusion. “You aren’ serious... are you?” She nodded, still moving against his body as if she hadn’t just got herself shagged good and proper. “Chris’, luv! I think there needs to be two of me.”

“Mmmmm, there’s a thought. Twins! I wonder what sort of wicked pleasure I could have being sandwiched between two of you.”

“Ya know,” he started while trying to pry her off him. “I WOULD be jealous of you talkin’ that way if it weren’ for the fact I know how hard you came a minute ago.” She pouted adorably as he held her at bay from attacking him further. “But, I’ve another idea. If...”

“If?” She raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

“If you’re open to somethin’ new?”

“Always. You know I trust you.”

Okay, so she seriously had his wheels spinning in a new and decidedly twisted direction. One he wasn’t so sure she’d be into but this sudden... ‘zest’ for sex of hers had him wanting to push the boundaries a bit, go beyond anything even he’d ever tried. Shoot, if she agreed, hopefully it would wear her out before she made the skin on his dick so raw he wouldn’t be able to hold it while taking a leak.

“Le’s go find ourselves an adult store. I’ve a toy in mind that might... help in simulatin’ there bein’ two of me.”

“Really?” Confusion city here, but of course she was intrigued. “How is that possible, or rather, what type of toy?”

Now he was getting excited again. He just prayed she wouldn’t shut down at the mere suggestion since he hadn’t gone anywhere near the, uhmm... intended zip code of one of his darker fantasies involving her luscious body. Right then, time to pour on the charm to convince her and buy himself some much needed recovery time. “Come here, pet.” She did so willingly. “Ever heard `f the acronym ‘DP’?”

“Uhmm, Defense Program?” she offered.

He chuckled at this and shook his head, bloody adorable. “Le’s jus’ say if there WERE two of me, I know EXACTLY what it is we’d want to do to you.” Or rather how, he wanted to ‘do’ her. Raising her skirt, he cupped her mound while his other hand wandered back to fondle her bum. “Think you can handle hearin’ what I’d... what we’d love to do to you, Summers?”

“You, ohhhhh... both... have my undivided attention.” Wow! She was so ready to go at it again and more than curious to hear what this ‘DP’ meant. And the mention of toys? Not that she was opposed, not at all; she just wondered why he’d never suggested it before. God she loved this man.

“The other me would loooooooove to stuff that pretty li’l pussy of yours with a dildo, while ‘I’...” He slid the index finger of the hand on her bottom over her puckered rose, pressing it firmly through her knickers. “Get to fuck this precious hole. The acronym means... double penetration.” He watched her eyes go wide and he desperately didn’t want to lose her to the idea so he quickly added, “Nothin’ to worry `bout. We’ll take our time... use some oil.” She looked doubtful but she hadn’t said ‘no’. “Promise I’ll make it so good for you, baby. Please? Been wantin’ to take you here for so long.” He started rubbing the area he desired to de-virginize while slipping a finger beneath her panties to tease along the cleft of her womanhood.

“Y-you have?” He responded with a sultry ‘oh yeah’. Sure, she knew about...about that kind of sex, but she never guessed he wanted to try it since he hadn’t brought the subject up... until now. “Have you done this before?”

“No.” She gave him a skeptical look. `Course she would. Buffy was a very willing and adventurous partner and probably thought that was the norm for every other woman.

“Really?” With his strong sex drive? “What about your ex-wives?”

“`S not like I never asked,” he shrugged. “They jus’ never said yes.” She still looked doubtful.

Huh!!! It was a hard concept to grasp but he certainly had no reason nor did she believe he’d lie to her about anything. Granted it was a situation that needed all the trust in the world between partners, but Spike was an incredibly thoughtful lover and his track record of performance? She hated arrogance in every form, but even she had to admit that he had every right to boast and brag. And wow, to think they would be experiencing a ‘first’ anything... together? No way could she say no to that. And her trust in him thus far had always produced amazing results in the sexual arena. She knew he wouldn’t hurt her, well, unless she asked him to.

He stood there watching her think it over before concluding even his girl had her limits. “`S alright if you don’ want to, kitten. Forget I asked. I don’ expec-”

“Yes.” She interrupted him, forgetting he was even waiting for an answer she was so engrossed in her own musings. His eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head, forcing her to giggle.

“Really?” He gave her a chance to back out.

“Yes. Really.”

“Le’s go... right now.” Hotel bound indeed after finding what they needed.

~~~*~~~

Saturday afternoon... the picnic

“Did you have to invite her?” Buffy complained, directing a finger at Cordelia.

“She’s your cousin,” Joyce stated flatly. “I couldn’t very well invite your Aunt and Uncle without inviting her too, now could I?” Her daughter huffed in response.

“I guess.” Of course Joyce came back with the predictable ‘mom’ comment.

“You choose your friends, Buffy, not your family.”

“Unfortunately,” she muttered under her breath.

“Who’re you talkin’ `bout?” Spike asked, staring at the anorexic brunette Buffy had pointed towards. His girl leaned in to whisper.

“That would be Cordelia ‘come-fuck-me-I’m-a-slut’ Chase.” He nodded in total understanding.

“Language, young lady,” Joyce scolded sternly, having heard every word.

“It’s the truth.”

“You should thank her like I thanked Angel, pet.” That got her giggling but of course earned him a curious stare from her mother.

“I don’t agree with what she did, but you have to admit things worked out for the better as a result. You discovered Angel for what he really is and landed yourself a MUCH better boyfriend.”

Spike actually blushed. “Thanks, luv.” Joyce pinched his cheek while Buffy wrapped her arms around his waist, chiming in her agreement.

Hank came walking up to them, breaking into their conversation to ask Spike, “Would you mind watching the grill for a few minutes? I need to go inside and make more hamburger patties. It shouldn’t take long.”

“No problem. Be happy to.”

He took the spatula from Hank and kissed both Summers women on the cheek before heading across the yard to tend the food currently cooking over an open flame.

Buffy was busy picking away at her plate of potato salad after her mother followed Hank into the house to help when another relative came up to say hi.

The two embraced and proceeded to get caught up on their separate lives as well as the latest family gossip. Meanwhile, Spike had an interesting dilemma on his hands to deal with... one involving a very flirtatious cousin who obviously needed a lesson in manners.

“So you must be a friend of Hank and Joyce’s?” Cordelia asked, wearing her best smile for the drool-worthy stranger.

“Tha’s right.” Inside, he secretly wished the stupid bint would go away, but the vibes she was sending not only made it plain she wasn’t going to, but also just exactly what it was she was up to. Had she even seen his interaction with Buffy? Did she not know he was her boyfriend? He rolled his eyes internally at her senseless prattle, trying his hardest to be polite but curt in his replies to discourage her efforts. She was rambling on about none other than herself, trying to impress him with her ‘near status’ of becoming a model while taking tiny bites of the celery on her plate.

“God, would you look at Buffy? I mean, ewww!”

That got his attention in a hurry. “What do you mean?” he asked defensively, but the trollop missed his tone of voice completely in lieu of her assessment of his girl.

“She used to be so thin and now look at her. Pigging out like that? Ewww! She’s gotten so-so... fat.”

The bulimic bint’s audacity instantly made his blood boil. His Buffy was not only twice as beautiful as this chit thought herself to be, but was ten times healthier in physical appearance and mentally capacity as well. He eyed Buffy who was happily eating away while contemplating putting her cousin in her place. But no, he would play nice. It was a family picnic after all. Buuuut, maybe he could, if the right door of opportunity suddenly swung itself open?

“I dunno `bout that. She looks fit to me.” Cordelia looked at him like he was crazy, confirming his decision to stick with his gut instinct and not mention Buffy was his girlfriend, just to see what and exactly how much the daft bird would say.

“Are you kidding?” She rolled her eyes. “It’s joining the Army that ruined her, you know. Tha’s why she lost her boyfriend.”

Really!!! If she only knew! “So you’re sayin’ that because she chose to serve her country, her boyfriend couldn’ respect that and dumped her?”

“Yes and no.” She laughed, thinking herself clever. “She left... he got bored. But what does it matter? Apparently she found herself some,” she waved her hand about. “Infantry guy or... whatever she’s dating these days.”

“And where’s your boyfriend?” The way she said ‘Infantryman’ with such disdain made him want to slap the unpatriotic bony-assed bitch. And he’d never, ever even contemplated hitting a woman under any circumstances.

“Me? Oh,” she moved a little closer and let her arm brush up against his. “I don’t have one... at least not yet.”

“`M sure you’ll find someone.” He dismissed her with a nod and turned away to busy himself with the grill, looking as disinterested as he felt while trying like hell to contain his anger.

“Maybe... I already have.” She moved right into his personal space, batting her eyelashes once she regained his attention, making it perfectly clear she found him worthy of her time.

Buffy’s voice echoed in his head to describe Cordelia’s ‘act’ for what it was... ho much? Guess his girl was right. Cordelia ‘come-fuck-me-I’m-a-slut’ Chase accurately summed it up. She smiled ‘the smile’ that suggested she had no doubt he would be accepting her invitation.

Silly bint! He was in a rather unique position, a perfect position to make her privy to the fact he wouldn’t touch her if she were slathered in ranch dressing while holding a platter of spicy Buffalo wings in one hand and a pitcher of beer in the other. His eyes immediately drifted back to the beautiful image of his Buffy, but this time, the image he saw was one of a jealous Buffy, burning a hole through her scrawny cousin with the fire he loved so much dancing in her gorgeous green eyes. He waited until she looked in his direction then gave her two very distinct signals of reassurance.

Erghhhh! Testosterone, estrogen, adrenaline, whatever it was surging through Buffy’s veins right now, she had the single mindedness of a bull focused on the matador’s muleta.

“Buffy? Something wrong?” Hank asked after coming out of the house and seeing the angry expression on her face. When looking in the direction of his daughter’s stare, however, it became all too clear as to the cause. “Looks like cousin Cordelia is trying to move in on your territory.”

The sound of her father’s voice never registered. Buffy was too busy weighing her options as to what she’d like to do to versus dealing with the aftermath of the scene she knew it would cause in front of her family. When she took a second to look at Spike, she caught the meaningful wink he sent her way and read his lips perfectly as he mouthed ‘I love you’. And though it took all her will power, she forced herself to relax. Her trust in him was unshakeable but she decided to make her way over there to keep careful watch over Cordelia’s anyway. Spike would handle her ho-bag of a cousin, of this she was sure, but if Cordy touched him just one more time, even with her elbow like she had earlier... the bitch was going down.

“Care for somethin’ fresh? And... hot?” Spike asked Cordelia, punctuating the question so she wouldn’t miss the sexual connotation even while indicating the food he was currently pulling off the grill as it finished cooking.

“Hmmm.” Yummy! “Normally I stick with vegetables at these family functions, but a girl could always-” She licked her lips while casting a glance at his crotch. “Use more protein in her diet.”

Bloody perfect! He promptly plucked up about five, extra greasy pork links with a pair of tongs and plopped them unceremoniously onto her plate. “I do believe you’re right. You could use more protein. A lot more in fact.” The outraged look on her snobby face was priceless. “Do yourself a favor...” He spied Buffy coming up behind Cordelia and grinned like the devil himself. “And clean your plate cuz the way your spine is showin’ through your ribcage?” He shook his head as if saddened and held out an arm for Buffy - who came out of nowhere in her cousin’s mind - to nestle against his side, further horrifying Cordelia’s embarrassment. “Bloody unattractive.”

“May I have one, honey?” Buffy pointed towards the sausage and ignored her cousin as if she weren’t even standing there. Spike served her what she asked for then kissed her lips tenderly. “Thank you,” she whispered.

“My pleasure, kitten.”

Cordelia was still stunned from the rejection, couldn’t even speak. It was apparent she’d purposely been played for a fool by this guy, and-and since when did any man turn her down? Ever? Even if they had a girlfriend?

All three watched Hank and Joyce approach slowly with their arms full of raw meat. “`M gonna go help, pet.” He left the two women by themselves, wondering what Buffy was going to say. There was no way his girl could keep her pretty lips sealed from making some form of sassy remark. He chuckled, making a mental note to ask her later.

Waiting until he was out of earshot, she turned to Cordelia with a bright smile. “You should see him naked.” She made a show of taking a huge bite of food, purposefully chewing with her mouth open when adding, “I mean really.”


Yes, *blushes*, I do have a thing for mirrors. But can you blame me when it’s Spike? I didn’t write the hotel scene because although back door sex doesn’t bother me in the least, I realize some people just don’t care for reading it. As for the big reveal of what probably isn’t so secret anymore – well, you’ll get it in the next chapter along with another little surprise I’ve held up my sleeve, *winks*. As far as Cordy goes – I simply felt the evil need to write her come-uppance. I really hope everyone enjoyed the read. I’ll be updating again sometime this next week, that’s a promise. Have a super-fabulous weekend, *hugs*.