Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you again for all your wonderful reviews! I am so happy you are all still with me. Big hugs to my beta Ashley.
Anya giggled “Yeah I know! Imagine how much she would hate you if she knew you were fucking her husband.”

Buffy almost choked on her apple. Her eyes widened.

“Wha…what are you talking about?” Buffy managed out.

Anya snorted “Oh come on! Don’t even try to tell me you’re not!”

Buffy’s mind was spinning. She wasn’t sure what to say, but she knew there was no way she could lie her way out of this.

Burying her face in her hands she sighed “Is it really that obvious?”

“Probably not to most people, but I consider myself an expert on orgasms.” Anya smiled.

Buffy furrowed her brow “What?”

Anya rolled her eyes sighing “Dinner…it was so obvious what the two of you were up to. Then you both disappear. My question is where did you guys do it! I mean I have been to that restaurant before and…”

“The ladies room.” Buffy whispered trying to stop Anya rant.

“Wow! Was that the first time?” Anya asked excitedly.

Buffy blushed looking around. “I don’t think we should be talking about this here.”

“Oh don’t worry only Xander is here and he already knows.” Anya stated waving her hand.

“Oh my God!! You told him?” Buffy gasped.

“Well come on Buffy I had to tell someone. Would you have rather I tell Cordelia?”

Buffy sighed “Why didn’t you?”

“Well, she actually asked me about it after the dinner party.” Anya confessed.

Buffy’s eyes widened “Really?”

“Oh yeah! Everyone noticed the way Spike watched you that night. Well…except Riley, but he is an idiot. Anyway I told her I thought you may have a little crush on him, but he wouldn’t get involved with someone so young.”

“Why did you do that? Cover for me I mean.” Buffy asked.

“Who am I to get in the way of someone else’s orgasm?” Anya shrugged “Besides Cordelia may be my boss, but she is a bitch.”

Buffy smiled, it was nice to have someone to confide in. Anya, for all her quirkiness, seemed pretty honest. It was also nice to know that she shared her views on Cordelia.

“I don’t know why she should care anyway. It’s not like she even loves him.” Buffy spat.

“Oh honey, you have to understand she may not love Spike, but she surely thinks of him as hers.”

Buffy scowled “What like she thinks she owns him or something?”

“Oh yes that is exactly it! To her Spike is like an expensive piece of art, hanging here in the mansion. She may not appreciate or even understand it, but she knows others would love to have it, so she wants it.”

Buffy stood from her stool, enraged “Spike is not some stupid piece of art, he is a person. He is smart and creative…and she treats him as if he is…beneath her.”

Anya looked at her for a long moment and sighed “Oh my, you have it pretty bad don’t you?

“I love him” Buffy sighed slinking back down on her stool.

It was nice to finally say it out loud.

Anya nodded “And how does he feel about you?”

“I’m not exactly sure. I mean I know he cares about me. I honestly don’t think it is just sex to him anymore. But…well he is married and the whole age thing.” Buffy confessed.

“Oh pfft” Anya said waving her arm “I lost my virginity at fourteen. It’s actually a funny story. There were these twin brothers that lived next door…”

“Anya!” Buffy gasped.

“What?” Anya asked innocently. “Well anyway you just have to get him to realize he can’t live without you.”

Buffy laughed dryly “How am I supposed to do that in only three weeks?”

“Well…blowjobs are always helpful” Anya offered.

Buffy rolled her eyes “I’m serious Anya!”

Anya sat for a moment thinking when she suddenly smiled “I know! Make him jealous!”

Buffy pondered her suggestion. He really had been jealous over Riley and when he thought she was going back to Angel.”

Her eyes suddenly brightened “That’s it! I will invite Angel to my party.”

“Angel?” Anya raised an eyebrow.

“He is my ex” Buffy explained “But what if Spike isn’t around for my party?”

“I’ll make you a deal. I’ll make sure Spike shows up at the party, on one condition.”

Buffy looked at Anya “What?”

“You have to tell me all the juicy details.” Anya smiled brightly.

Buffy immediately blushed. She knew Anya would be a good ally to have.

“Okay, it’s a deal! Now lets get to the invitations, we have a party to plan” Buffy smiled optimistic for the first time that things could turn around.


********************


The next week seemed to fly by. Anya had been her constant companion. They had been together planning and plotting every aspect of Buffy’s party.

Cordelia was sparing no expense for the party. She had agreed to have it catered and even hired Oz’s band Dingoes ate my Baby to perform.

The invitations were sent out and much to Buffy’s surprise, Angel was one of the first people to call.

“Hello” Buffy chirped answering her cell.

“Buff, hey it’s Angel.”

“Oh hey Angel, what’s up?”

“I got your invitation.” Angel said sounding unsure.

“Oh great! So…are you coming?” Buffy asked trying to sound flirty.

“Well…are you sure you want me to?” Angel asked, obviously confused by her attitude.

“Sure! Why not? It’s not everyday I get to have my birthday party at a mansion. I mean a pool, no parents, and even a band…I would hate for you to miss it.” Buffy told him sweetly.

“As long as you’re sure…I’ll be there.”

“Great! See ya then” Buffy squealed hanging up the phone.

A couple months ago hearing from Angel would have been an earth shattering event, but now Buffy was only happy in the part he could play in her plan.

In the past week, she had barely even seen Spike. When she did, she tried her best to ignore him. Anya’s near constant presence aided her in those efforts. She could see in his eyes that he was both confused and hurt by her aloof attitude, but Buffy held strong. She refused to feel sorry for him.


**********************

Spike sat in front of his computer screen. He had been unable to write a word in weeks. Buffy’s words kept running through his head. He seems so lonely he flinched at the memory. He remembered her sliding down on his cock surrounding him with her sweet smell and melodic voice. She had the ability to make him feel both damned and redeemed at the same time.

Screwing his eyes tightly shut he remembers finding her in the kitchen, sobbing, because of him. She deserved so much more. A future with college, opportunities, most of all, she deserved to be loved by a good man.

Roaring in frustration, Spike jumped out of his chair and shoved the contents scattering to the floor. Standing there looking at the broken contents of his desk, he laughed dryly. What a perfect analogy of his life. Shattered shards of thing once whole lay broken and useless before him.

Hearing the light knock at the door, he had only one thought Buffy. Hurrying to the door, he was shocked to find Anya on the other side.

“Anya. If you’re looking for Xander…”

“Nope” Anya announced pushing past him “I’m here to talk to you.”

Anya breezes in stopping suddenly when she notices the computer, as well everything else on his desk lying on the floor. Turning to Spike she raised a questioning eyebrow.

“Oh I had a little…accident.” He ducked his head.

Anya smiled. This was going to be too easy.

“You said you were here to talk to me? What about?” Spike asked suddenly uncomfortable.

“Buffy” Anya chirped.

Spike’s head immediately popped up.

“What…what about her?” He asked his eyes nervous and searching.

“Well…her birthday is coming up and Cordelia is throwing her a party.” Anya started.

Spike snorted “Yeah, I may have heard something about that.”

“Well I was thinking since her mom can’t be there, it would be a great idea to have…like a photo recap of the party. What do you say?” Anya beamed.

“You want me to photograph the party?” Spike gaped in disbelief.

“Yeah, what do you say?”

“I say sod off! I don’t even know if I will be around.” Spike lied.

Anya bit her lip. She was ready for his refusal and pulled out her secret weapon.

“Maybe you’re right Maybe it wouldn’t be a good idea for someone to be taking pictures. You know a bunch of horny teenagers, half naked by the pool, unsupervised…”

Anya smiled when she saw his jaw tighten. Time to go in for the kill she thought.

“I mean the last thing we need is a picture of Buffy in a tiny bikini with some football player feeling her up.”

Anya could have sworn she heard a low growl erupt from Spike’s chest.

“You know what?” Spike started trying to control both his tone and his breathing. “I think I will be free. I can even help chaperone. You know…just to make sure they aren’t breaking stuff.” Spike quickly added.

With a quick nod and a thank you, Anya walked out of Spike’s room and closed the door. “This is going perfectly!” Anya whispered to herself and she walked down the hallway smiling.


I know this is a shorter chapter, but I will update soon. Please leave a review