Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a reminder that this is not a fluffy love story. There will be angst and drama. You may not like Spike very much at times, but he will get better.

A special thanks to Ashley for the quick beta.
Stepping out of the shower, Buffy quickly dried off, wrapped a towel around her and walked back into her room. As she entered her bedroom she heard familiar laughter coming from the kitchen. The blond rolled her eyes knowing it was Spike. Every night this week he had eaten dinner with Jenny and Giles. Buffy really liked the older pair and wondered how they could get along so well with him. He was just so rude and obnoxious and sexy her mind added.
Those arms, those abs…No Buffy scolded herself. He is married. She wasn’t sure what Faith had planned, but she was not letting that arrogant jerk lay one greasy paw on her, ever.


By the time right eight o’clock rolled around Spike was pacing back and forth across the foyer like a caged cat. This is a stupid idea he reminded himself. He needed to just tell Buffy he wasn’t going and call Xander to take her to meet her friends. He started down the hall to do just that, when Buffy emerged from her room.
Once again, the sight of her left him speechless and aroused.

Her long blond hair was done in soft curls, falling past her shoulders. She was wearing a pair of tight black leather pants that rode low on her shapely hips. Her top was a silky red backless halter, that was so thin you could clearly see outline of her erect nipples. Spike realized he must have been staring when she folded her arms over her chest “Jeez perv, stare much?”

He ran his tongue over his teeth, tilted his head to the side and leered “Only when I see somethin’ I like”

Buffy’s body was immediately flush with heat. She felt her stomach clench and had to look away, terrified that his intense gaze would burn a hole right into her thoughts. She couldn’t let him know he had affected her that way. “Let’s go” she said in a throaty voice that did not sound at all like her own.

“Right” Spike Chuckled.


Friday nights during the summer at The Bronze were always packed. Walking in Buffy spotted her friends immediately.
Willow, Oz, Faith and Devon ,Faith’s occasional boyfriend,
were seated at a table near the dance floor. A shiver ran through her body when Spike placed his hand on her bare lower back to guide her through the crowd.

As they approached the table Buffy began to panic, Willow was going to freak out when she found out who Spike was. As if reading her mind Faith jumped up “Hey guys, Willow, Oz, Devon, this is Buffy’s friend Spike.”

Spike understood what the brunette was up to “Lo.”

Devon returned the greeting, Oz simply nodded, but Willow jumped from her chair, grabbed the newcomers hand and began shaking it wildly “Spike , wow, what a name. Are you in college, ‘cause you look like you’re in college. How did you two meet? I can’t believe Buffy never mentioned you-”

She was interrupted by Oz placing a gentle hand on her shoulder “Willow, breath.”

“Yea Wills, didn’t I warn you about too much caffeine?” Faith joked.

When everyone at the table laughed, it eased Buffy’s nerves only slightly. She knew the by the look on the red head’s face, the conversation was far from over. “How about some drinks?” Buffy asked standing up suddenly.

“I got it, kitten” Spike said placing a hand on her arm. ”What would everyone like.”

Buffy was about to order her usual coke but decided a drink might calm her nerves “Rum and coke, light on the coke” Buffy announced, not noticing the surprised look on all of her friends’ faces.

Spike raised an eyebrow, surprised at the blond’s request, but shrugged and headed to the bar. While standing at the bar waiting for his order to be filled, he couldn’t help but think about Buffy. Touching her bare back earlier had sent a bolt of electricity that went straight to his cock. He was lost in his thoughts when he heard the shrill. “Spikey, is that you?”

Spike rolled his eyes Harmony. He really didn’t feel like dealing with her tonight. “Hey Harm, how are you doing?”

“Spikey. I’m so glad to see you” Harmony cooed, wrapping her arms around his neck. ”Want to get out of here?”

Spike carefully extracted himself from her grip and turned on the charm “Sorry, I’m here with friends tonight, I’ll have to take a rain check”

Unfortunately the buxom blond was not so easily dissuaded. ”Come on baby, it’s been such a long time!”

As Spike made his way to the bar, Willow wasted no time in sliding over to interrogate her friend. “Buffy I can’t believe you started dating someone and didn’t tell me” The red head pouted.

“Well that’s because I‘m not dating him, he’s just a friend” Buffy answered nervously.

“Actually,” Faith cut in “he’s part of our plan”

“No! He is not part of the plan!” She glared pointedly at the brunette.

Buffy couldn’t believe Faith actually expected her to have sex with that bleached menace. I mean sure, he had a certain appeal, but he was married and even if he wasn’t she was definitely not interested.

“Who’s the bimbo?” Faith leaned over to whisper in her friend’s ear.

“Huh? Who’s a bimbo?” Buffy answered not sure what her friend was talking about.

“That tramp hanging all over Spike” Faith corrected.

“What?!” the blond said whipping her head around.

At the bar she saw a large breasted woman wrapping her arms around Spike’s neck. Narrowing her eyes she spat ”I have no idea, but I’m about to find out” jumping out of her seat and heading to the bar.


Spike was getting annoyed, he hated clingy women, he was just about to tell the ditz to bugger off when he felt small arms wrap around his waist. “How are the drinks coming?” the petite blond batted her lashes.

Buffy. He could feel her breasts pressed against his back, wanting to savor in the feeling, he went along. “Right here, luv, I was just on my way back”

“Who is your friend, Spikey?” Harmony snarled.

Buffy boldly stepped in front of him and said “I’m Buffy, his date”

Buffy eyed the trashy woman in front of her, Who did she think she was, he is a married man. Looking at the bar beside her she picked up the drink and downed it. “YAAAGUU” she shrieked “What the hell was that?”

Spike chucked “That was my Jack and Coke, pet, this is yours” he pointed to the glass.

Buffy picked up the second glass and emptied it. “Wow, that was delicious” she purred turning around she grabbed the lapels of his duster pulling him close “Can I have another?”

Spike was conflicted. Having her so close was heaven, but he could tell she was an inexperienced drinker. “Are you sure, kitten?”

“Yes” she hissed turning to Harmony “You can GO now!”

“Whatever, when your ready to play with a real woman, Spikey, give me a call” Harmony spat as she stomped away.

Spike, against his better judgment ordered them each another drink “You ready to head back to the table, luv?”

Buffy turned to him, her head already spinning from the alcohol she had consumed “Who was that? How do you know her?” she demanded.

“She’s no one, pet, let’s get back to your friends, yeah?” Spike proclaimed and started back to the table.

While all the others at the table talked and laughed, Buffy sat irritated. She wanted to know how Spike knew that bimbo, not that she was jealous, she could care less what he did. It was just that he was married. yea right her mind chided.

“Let’s dance!” Faith said suddenly.

“You birds go a head, we’re going to head over to the pool tables.” Spike announced.

Out on the dance floor, Buffy was feeling good. Alcohol swimming in her head, the music pulsing through her, she began swaying her hips seductively getting lost in the feeling. Willow’s voice broke the spell “Uh Oh…”

Opening her eyes, the blond saw what her friend was referring to “Angel” she whispered.

Buffy couldn’t move, he was right next her on the dance floor, dirty dancing with the same petite brunette he was with the previous week. She knew people were starting to stare at her, but it was as if her feet were rooted to the floor. She closed her eyes trying to will away the tears that were threatening to spill.

Suddenly she felt strong hands grasp her hips and pull her flush against a hard body. “Don’t let him get to you, kitten, let’s show him what he’s lost.”

It was Spike. His voice was low and seductive. The warm breath on her neck made her burn all over. Allowing him to guide her movements, she began to sway once again to the music. His hands began to slide slowly up her body, ghosting over her hardened nipples and directing her arms up, curling them around his neck.
He moaned and ground his rock hard erection against her firm bottom, causing a surge of moisture that soaked right through her lacy thong.

They were both panting with need, as Buffy lowered her arms from his neck and turned around began rubbing her aching nipples across the hard plains of his chest. Growling Spike roughly grabbed her arm and pulled her off the dance floor to the dark hallway. Before she even realized what had happened, Buffy was backed into the wall. Spike crashed his lips down on hers as he thrust his pulsing cock against her leather covered center As if by their own volition, her legs wrapped around his waist, grinding her hot core against him trying to increase the friction.

Plunging his tongue in her mouth, rocking his hips against hers, he could feel her sodden heat nearly scalding his throbbing member even through their clothes. “Buffy, so fucking hot”

She could barely form a coherent thought, all she kept hearing in her head was a mantra of want, take, have. She was trembling, electric shocks ripped through her body going straight to her clit. She heard voices coming down the hallway, but she couldn’t bring herself to care.

“Get a room” the passing teenagers yelled running down the hallway laughing.

All of a sudden Buffy felt herself being lowered to stand on the floor. Spike backed away from her staring. He opened and closed his mouth as if he were going to speak. He looked at her with a mixture of lust and awe, and then his demeanor abruptly changed. He closed his eyes ran a hand though his hair and rasped “This can’t happen.”

Before she could even respond he turned and walked away. Buffy stood there dazed, trying to figure out what had just happened. Did she do something wrong? She had to go talk to him. Walking back toward the main room of the club, she scoured the crowd for his platinum locks. When she saw him near the bar, she began trying to push her way through the crowd. As she approached she noticed he wasn’t alone. The big breasted blond from earlier was cozying up right next to him. She felt as though she had been slapped when she saw Spike grab the back of other woman’s head and crash his lips to hers.

Buffy turned and ran. She was almost out the door when Willow grabbed her arm “Buffy, what’s wrong?”

She looked at her friend with tears streaming down her face “Willow can you and Oz please just take me home?”


AN* **ducks behind the table***Sorry ! I know that was a crappy place to leave it, I will update soon. Please review, I love hearing your thoughts.