Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone for reading. Please keep reviewing and tell me your thoughts. Thanks as always to my bete Ashley without whom I would probably misspell my own name!
“William we need to talk, now.”

Spike’s smile suddenly disappeared “Talk or fight? Cause I really don’t feel like going another ten rounds with you today Cordy.”

“I know, I don’t want to fight either, just talk” she said quietly looking down.

Spike was surprised at his wife’s demeanor. At first he thought she must be up to something, until she looked up and her eyes were filled with unshed tears. His defenses weakened slightly “Okay, so talk.”

Cordelia shook her head “Not here, let’s go up to the bedroom so we can talk in private.”

“Le’s go” Spike grabbed her bag and headed upstairs.

Once they were in Cordelia’s bedroom she shut the door and turned to face him. “As you know I was just in L.A. visiting my father.” she began. Spike simply nodded. “Well, he told me that he and Darla are getting divorced.” She sobbed no longer able to hold back her tears.

Spike took his wife in his arms and held her while she cried. He knew how close Cordelia was to the woman. Out of all of her father’s wives, Darla was the one Cordelia considered her mother. She was the only one who ever had treated her with respect and cared for her. “He’s such a bastard! He threw her out of the house and cut off all her credit cards and access to their bank accounts.”

“I’m sorry Cordy, you know your father has always been a right bastard! Tell ‘er she can come stay here if she needs to” Spike said compassionately.

Cordelia pulled back and smiled “I gave her money and helped her find a lawyer. My father will probably disown me, but I don’t care!”

Spike assured her “You know that’s not true Cordy, you are probably the only thing he really does care about.”

Cordelia looked at him and laughed dryly “God Spike, I’ve become him haven’t I?”

He didn’t know what to say. Luckily she answered for him. “You don’t have to say anything. I know how much I’ve changed! I can see it when you look at me.” she sighed and sat on the bed. “Look Spike I know we never had some storybook romance, but we were friends, we cared about each other, and I…I miss that.” Cordelia confessed.

Spike was stunned. He had never seen Cordelia look so vulnerable. “I still do care about you, Cordy.”

She stood up and threw her arms up frustrated “Spike our marriage is a joke! We don’t even sleep in the same bedroom anymore. I know you have been with other women and I haven’t exactly been completely faithful either.”

Spike’s eyes widened he couldn’t believe she was talking so calmly about the whole situation. “I don’t know what you want me to say to all this.” he whispered.

Cordelia laughed nervously “Don’t worry no one is more shocked by all this than me. But seeing the way father treated Darla made me realize I never want to be him. I don’t expect you to have all the answers right away. We can take it slow. I’m going to start spending more time at home and maybe you can move back up here.”

Spike raised a scarred brow “I thought my sleeping habits keep you awake?”

Cordelia smiled “I’ve discovered the beauty of Ambien. You can be as much of a night owl as you want and it wont bother me.”

This was all so unexpected… he didn’t know what exactly to say. He couldn’t help but remember that just an hour before he was pounding Buffy against the wall outside, now his wife wanted to work things out. Is this what he wanted? “Let me just take a little time to suss this all out, yeah?”

“Sure” Cordelia said quickly. “Take some time and we can talk later. I’m going grab a shower and lie down for a while. I’ll see you at dinner.”


*****************************

After her encounter with Spike, Buffy had taken a swim and spent the rest of the day in the sun. At dinner she was informed by Jenny that Spike and Cordelia had gone out to eat, which both surprised and irritated her. Later that night, Willow and Oz had come over to watch movies in the media room.

Tired from her long day Buffy decided to put on her yummy sushi pajamas and turn in early. Lying down under her covers, she began to toss and turn. Her sunburn was making sleeping uncomfortable. After almost two hours of unsuccessfully trying to sleep, Buffy grunted and got out of bed.

The house was dark and quiet. Buffy assumed everyone was either asleep or still out. Deciding to get some fresh air, she walked out to the pool deck and over to the side of the moonlit water. “Kind of late for a swim isn’t it pet?”

Buffy smiled and turned to see Spike in the shadows lying on the cushioned chaise. “Maybe I was planning on going skinny dipping” Buffy taunted.

“Well then by all means go ahead, don’t let me stop you” Spike drawled.

A shiver ran through Buffy’s body as she grew bolder “It’s no fun by myself.”
Spike smirked as he stood up and pulled off his shirt. “Well I’m game if you are” He chuckled when heard Buffy gasp as he pulled off his jeans. Strolling up to her he whispered “what’s the matter? Chicken?” then dove in the pool

She smiled at his challenge and peeled off her clothes and jumped in behind him. As he moved towards her she felt familiar flutters in her stomach. When he got closer, she splashed him then attempted to swim away. He moved with lightning speed and caught her foot, pulling her to him. Grabbing her around the waist he backed her against the wall. “What are you going to do now little girl? There’s no where left to run”
he purred focusing on her parted lips.

Buffy wrapped her legs around his slim hips and pulled him closer covering his lips with hers. Groaning Spike brought his hands up and began to knead her young, firm breasts, stroking her pert nipples with his thumbs.

“GAAHH” her head rolled back.

“SSSHHH, we gotta be quiet kitten” He whispered as her entered her.

Grabbing the back of his head, she slammed his mouth to hers to stifle her moans as he sped up his thrusts. “SO fucking hot….feels so good” he murmured into her mouth.
He was hitting her hard and deep. She clung onto him digging her nails in his back biting her lip in an attempt to silence her cries as she erupted around is hard shaft. As he felt her begin to tighten and spasm he buried his head in the crook of her neck and let out a strangled grunt as he emptied his seed deep inside of her.

They stayed motionless for a few moments. Finally he lifted his head and placed his forehead to hers. “Stay here kitten, I’ll run and grab us some towels” he said placing a kiss on the tip of her nose and hopping out of the pool. He returned with two large fluffy, towels. He tied one around his waist and helped her out of the pool wrapping her towel around her rubbing her arms “Are you cold?” he asked sounding concerned.

Buffy shook her head confused at his sudden tender demeanor. Spike lead her over to a set of large chaise lounges and when she laid down she was surprised when he joined her on the same chaise. “You’re acting strange tonight” she commented as she nestled beside him.

Spike chuckled “Stranger than normal you mean?”

“Well yeah, why were you sitting out here in the dark by yourself?”

“Just thinking” he shrugged.

“What were you thinking about?” She asked looking up at him.

“Cordelia told me she wants to work on our marriage.” he laughed sounding almost nervous.

Buffy stiffened slightly. “Oh that’s good, right?”

Spike sat silent for a minute as if pondering her question then said “Buffy there is a lot you don’t know about our relationship. A lot you probably wouldn’t want to know. Some of it‘s not too pretty.”

“I do want to know, if you want to tell me” Buffy smiled


Spike nodded “When I got together with Cordy I had just come out of a really bad breakup with my first real girlfriend Dru. We were together for two years…she’s the bloody reason I moved to America. Anyway. we had lived here for about six months; I was taking night classes at UCLA and had gotten out early one night because my professor was sick. I was all excited because Dru had been complaining I was always at school or studying. So I rushed to our apartment and walked in on her straddling some guy right there on our bed.” Spike snorted “They didn’t even stop fucking as I just stood there while she laughed and asked if I wanted to join in.”

“Wow, that’s horrible” Buffy said unconsciously rubbing his chest.

Spike smiled and continued “Anyhow, around the same time Cordy was engaged to this poofter Doyle. He was from a rich family too, so their parents were thrilled, plus Cordy really loved the guy. Well everything was fine and dandy until the subject of kids came up. Cordy had a rough childhood. She was sent away to boarding school when she was ten. Her parents were going through a messy divorce and her mother only paid attention to her when she could use it against her father. Long story short Cordy never wanted children. When Doyle’s parents found this out they flipped out. He was the only male in a prominent family, so basically they felt it should be her job to pop out some heirs. Instead of standing up to his parents, Doyle dumped Cordy and a week later was engaged to some other bird.”

“So you both were broken hearted when you got together?” Buffy asked.

“Well I was pretty much living in a bottle, we already knew each other, but that made us closer. She helped me and I guess I helped her too. Being around each other was easy, uncomplicated so when daddy Chase started pressing her to makes decisions about her future, we decided to get married.”


“Wait daddy Chase?” Buffy interrupted.

“Yeah Chase is her last name she kept it, mine is Rayne” Spike explained.

“Oh, so you got married? Did you even love each other?” Buffy asked.

“Not the way you’re probably thinking. Kitten you’re so young, I know you believe in falling in love and living happily ever after, but real life just isn’t like that. I realize now that even what I had with Dru wasn’t real. I saw her as I wanted her to be, not for what she really was.”

“Wow… aren’t you just a ray of sunshine?” Buffy muttered.

Spike sat up and dragged her onto his lap. “Buffy don’t get me wrong, you deserve your fairytale, and I hope there is some bloke out there to give it to you, but this is what works for me.”

“How can you say that, you don’t even sleep in the same room with your wife, and have sex with other women? It sounds pretty sad and pathetic to me!” Buffy said trying to get off his lap.

He held her in place “Listen Buffy you wanted to know. I told you it wouldn’t be pretty, besides the sleeping around part only started a couple of years ago. I didn’t even realize she knew about it until tonight.”

Buffy froze “she knows?”

“Not about us pet, she just knows I‘ve been with other women.” Spike reassured her.

“What did she say?”

“Well just that she knew neither one of us had been faithful, but she wanted to work things out.” he said carefully watching her reaction carefully.

“Oh” was all Buffy could bring herself to say.

Spike started rubbing her thigh in small circles slowly creeping under her towel. “Listen sweets,,, let’s not worry ourselves about any of this right now. Let’s just enjoy right now and we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it yeah?” he said in a low seductive voice.

Spike started kissing her neck as his hand slid all the way up her leg and started stroking her outer lips. Buffy sighed and opened them slightly to give him better access. She knew she should push him away, but when he touched her it set her body on fire. “God kitten so wet for me” he whispered against her neck as he slid a finger inside of her. “Yes’” she moaned.

Spike grabbed her leg and swung it over his hip so she was straddling him. Opening her towel he immediately latched on to her pink nipple. She threw her head back and began rocking her hips trying to increase the friction. Pulling his towel off Spike drew Buffy closer and slid her wet heat back and forth along his hard length. “I want you to ride me baby” Spike grunted.

Buffy pulled back slightly to look at him “I never…”

Spike quickly covered her mouth with his then said “S’ok, I’ll show you.”


She raised her hips and lowered her slippery pussy on to his cock. Spike reached around, grabbed her round globes and began guiding her up and down. “Fuck kitten…so tight, so wet, so beautiful…” he said reaching up to tuck a stray hair behind her ear caressing her face.

Buffy circled her hips experimentally, causing him to close his eyes and buck his hips up, driving his cock deeper into her. When Spike felt her walls begin to flutter he grabbed her ass and continued to thrust up. Knowing she was close Spike covered her mouth with his as she cried out squeezing his cock milking it dry.

Tired and sated Buffy collapsed in his chest as he gently caressed her back.



AN* Please review Yes I know I'm a needy little bitch :D