Author's Chapter Notes:
Wattie is a very bad girl. I forgot to say a HUGE thanks to Shakes (Jess) for all her hard work betaing.
Thanks Hon i couldn't have posted this new chapter so quickly without you :)
Chapter 17
“This is Lorne Henderson office confirming your 11am appointment. Lorne also asked if you could wear the indigo tie with the red stripe.”

2 weeks 14 days.

That’s how long it had been since Spike had kissed her. It was also the last time she had spoken to Spike . It wasn’t really by choice that they hadn’t spoken, it was more circumstance. Circumstance that she had made sure meant she wouldn’t have to speak to Spike.

That night had been easy, due to the fact that she had passed out in the cab. Of course, she hadn’t passed out to avoid him, it had more to do with the countless cocktails she had consumed. She woke up the next morning in her bed fully clothed, with a bad Hangover and a feeling that she had done something very stupid. As she placed the fuzzy facts back together, she remembered.

The kiss.

She had the choice to get all angry and confront him, or to ignore it altogether. If she had taken the high and mighty road and confronted him, she knew how it would end. Badly. As much as he had kissed her, she hadn’t shied away from it either, and she didn’t want to be questioned on why.

So she ignored the kiss, the feelings and the man who had given her both. Which was easy to do, seeing as he was doing the same.

She had awoken late in the afternoon to be greeted by Angel sitting on the couch watching the football game.

“Hello Sleeping Beauty, you decided to join us?” Angel asked, trying to hide his mirth from her.

“Us?” Buffy asked. She wasn’t sure she wanted to face Spike just yet.

“Well, just me and the TV really. Spike left early this morning , looking worse for wear. What did were you guys up to last night?” he asked, the innuendo dripping from his voice.

“Eww, nothing, Angel. Spike is like a brother to me. In fact, less than a brother. He is gross, lewd and rude to the point of Neanderthal standards. The fact that he can stand upright and use his opposable thumbs is a major miracle,” Buffy ranted, as she made her way into the kitchen to wake herself up with some much needed caffeine.

“Thanks ever so.” She turned and paled as she saw Spike standing in the doorway.

“Spike.” She could see the pain in his eyes, and it shouldn’t have unlevered her as much as it did. She knew for a fact he had said similar things about her.

“Don’t. I know where I stand, Summers. Don’t have to say anymore.”

And he hadn’t. They had not spoken a single word since. It should have made her happy to have one less pain in her arse .

But it didn’t.

Instead, she threw herself into her new job. She had started a week ago and had not had time to stop and think about Spike, or anything else outside the world of Lorne Designs.

She loved it, living the dream of being a designer. A dream that had begun so many years ago, whilst playing dress up with her Barbie dolls. Now, she got to dress real people. She couldn’t hide her smile or enthusiasm as she started work each day .

And now, as she started yet another day at work, she stared at her sketchpad , waiting for inspiration to strike.

“And of course, you know our latest designer …”

Buffy looked up and saw Lorne at her desk, and with him the man she had been avoiding for the past two weeks.

Spike.

*****

Buffy.

Spike had not been looking forward to Lorne’s meeting today. For some unknown reason, Lorne had insisted that the meeting had to be at his office. Which meant only one thing. He would have to see Buffy.

He knew the irony in of his fear, considering the fact they lived together and the likelihood of them running into each other there was more than here. But no, he had spent the last two weeks leaving early and getting home late, so she didn’t have to see him.

The kiss they had shared that night had shaken him more that it should. He had kissed random girls before, mainly in college, so he knew what it felt like to kiss someone with no feelings involved. He didn’t feel that when he kissed Buffy, which was strange, because he didn’t have feelings for Buffy.

He didn’t. Really.

And, if by some strange turn of events, he did have some, he knew his place the morning after when she had made her own feelings known. He was nothing to her. Less than nothing. And he was fine with that, he really was.

But now that he was face to face, he couldn’t avoid her anymore.

“Hello, Summers.” He could tell she was shocked to see him.

“Spike.”

“Working hard, I see.” He gestured towards her blank notepad.

“Well, I think I’ll leave you two kids to it. I have to look at the latest pocket book designs. Unless you want to come with, Spike?” Lorne asked.

“I think I’ll be right mate. I will send those papers across to you this afternoon.” Spike held out his hand for Lorne to shake.

“Thanks, sweetums. Have fun.” Lorne winked at Buffy as he walked away.

“So…” Spike started, not quite knowing where to begin.

“A needle pulling thread,” Buffy finished.

“Huh?”

“It’s a Sound of Music thing. Working hard?”

“Yeah I have a ton of work to do with this new charity thing for Lorne. Thanks to you,” he teased.

“Sorry about that.” Buffy went back to her work in an effort to make Spike leave.

“I’m kidding Buffy. “I’m” really enjoying working on this. Its work I haven’t done before and don’t tell Lorne, but he is one of my favorite clients.”

“Yeah, like that ego needs more stroking.” Buffy laughed.

“How is work going?”

“Its great. I love it here, finally doing what I’ve always wanted. Everyone has been so friendly, its great.”

“You said that already. I have been kinda busy, haven’t been home..” Spike guessed it was time to get it all out in the open.

“I noticed.”

“You did?” Spike sounded surprised.

“How could I not? I haven’t yelled at you for at least two weeks. I’m starting to have withdrawals. Just kidding.”

“Buffy, about that...”

“Don’t, Spike, its okay. I shouldn’t make you feel uncomfortable in your own home. I am, after all, a guest,”

“You’re not a guest, Buffy. You are family, well, Angel’s family, and you should-”

“I’m moving out,” Buffy blurted out.

“What?” Spike felt as though he had been sucker punched.

“I move out in two weeks.”