Chapter 3 –




Chapter 3 – Spike….stay here???


Disclaimer: Joss Whedon owns all characters of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I’ve just borrowed them for my fanfic.


Summary: Joyce’s proposal sends Buffy into shock


"Spike its 3am, what on earth are you doing at my bedroom window?….Actually what the hell are you doing at my house full stop?" Buffy rubbed her sleepy eyes, making sure that she wasn’t still dreaming. When she looked back out her window, Spike was still standing there, nose pressed up against the glass, his white teeth grinning in contentment.


****************************


Spike’s curious eyes travelled up and down the length of Buffy’s body. He was impressed by what he saw. Buffy’s hair was tied in a loose ponytail, blonde strands had fallen out around her tanned, flushed face. Her blue silk chemise plunged below her breast line as it emphasised every smooth curve on her well-proportioned body.


"Let me in quick luv! Big bunch of demon’s hunting me down. Didn’t know where else to take cover for the night" Spike spoke in a whispered haste desperate to remove himself from obvious view.


Buffy was slightly shocked. She didn’t understand why Spike didn’t just pack up and leave town. Go and find Dru, the love of his undead life, and live happily ever after.


She suddenly became well aware of Spike’s stare, giving her the once over. Buffy crossed her arms over her chest in embarrassment. She had almost next to nothing on. If she dared to bend over slightly, Spike would have the most perfect view of her nipples now hardened form the cold, night air.


Buffy shook her head defiantly "Nuh uh Spike, there is no way you’d be caught dead (or in your case, dust) in my bedroom, you’re only hope of surviving the night is if you shack up with some pathetic soul willing to take you in..um… hang on!…. that entails, well, nobody I know so you might have to face the fact that you’ll probably be dust by sunrise." Buffy smiled as she reached to pull the curtains shut, "That’s such a pretty thought, now my day has been completed."


Buffy had almost pulled the thin material across the window when she took one last look at Spike’s dismayed face. He pulled away from the window and slowly shuffled to the tree branch. His head hanging low and his shoulders slumped, Spike extended his hand to clutch on to the strongest branch that would hold his weight.


"Spike…wait!"


Grinning inwardly Spike slowly spun around, putting on his best puppy dog expression "What is it now Slayer? Care to rub it in some more?"



"Just get your ass in here, I hate to see a grown man cry! plus I’m freezing my little toshi off" Buffy said, slightly agitated. She pried open the stiff window and stepped away, allowing room for Spike to manoeuvre himself through the small gap.


Spike sullenly stepped over the windows’ threshold, desperately trying to not make a noise. Buffy shivered from the cold air beginning to override the heated room.


"Hurry up Spike!" Buffy whispered, moving from one foot to the other, trying to keep herself warm.


Spike placed one heavy boot inside and ducked his head below the window frame. Unfortunately, his boot had landed on the edge of his duster and before Buffy could warn him Spike’s whole body was stumbling towards her in full force.


"Buffy…watch out!" Spike yelped, as he crashed into her tiny frame and knocked her on to the bed.


"Spike…get off me NOW" Buffy cringed. She attempted to push his cold body off of her but his leather coat was caught up underneath her backside.


"I would if I could Summers" Spike hissed as he struggled to release his duster, accidentally brushing his hand against her now exposed breast where the chemise had slipped down.


Buffy gasped as she felt something hard pressed against her inner thigh.


‘Oh my god, oh my god’ Buffy mentally cursed ‘Spike’s got a hard on, this is not happening…..although, it does feel extremely big, could it be the stake in his pocket?’ Buffy assessed their position, noticing that his stake had fallen to the ground ‘Obviously not!’


Spike couldn’t control himself. A half-naked Slayer was wriggling around underneath him, her warm body pressed up to his growing erection. If he didn’t free his duster soon, he might not want to ever let her go from this position.


‘Why did she have to be so sexy? Slayers aren’t supposed to be sexy, I mean really, when the hell does a slayer get the time to get a full manicure, pedicure and obviously a sea body wrap, judging by her soft, delicate skin.’


With one last tug, Spike released his duster, leaving them both in a very uncompromising position. Buffy’s legs were wrapped around the back of Spike’s legs with her arms extended above her head, almost pinned to the bed sheets. They stared at each other for a moment, eyes locking onto each other’s. A shiver ran through Buffy’s body, the familiar stomach butterfly’s returned.


"I’m so sorry luv" Spike said sincerely noticing Buffy’s erratic breathing and subdued shivers, "You must be freezing…."


The sudden click of the bedroom door pulled their attention away from each other and toward a very angry Joyce, standing in the doorway, hands on her hips, right foot tapping on the rug.


*********************************


"What on earth is going on in here?" Joyce questioned angrily, raising her eyebrows up at Buffy first then glared straight at Spike. Spike retreated backwards towards the window. Spike seemed to have a complex with mothers, they scared the hell out of him when they were pissed off.


"Mum….um I…ah.. can definitely explain, it’s not what it looks like" Buffy stumbled, scrambling to pull her winter robe on around her skimpy nightie.


"What am I supposed to think Buffy? I heard noises and came to check up on you, I thought you were being attacked. I obviously thought wrong. It actually looks like quite the opposite from where I’m standing" Joyce crossed her arms and leant against the door.


"Joyce" Spike inched toward Buffy’s mum "I really don’t mean to intrude on such lovely ladies but I was only here to ask of Buffy’s professional help. You see I got a pack of bloody awful demons after my hide. I needed somewhere to take cover for the night and I knew that since Buffy’s such a fantastic Slayer she would help out an old pal in return for a patrol buddy" Spike eyed Buffy wearily and then gave Joyce his most innocent smile.


Joyce’s face softened "Is this true Buffy?"


Buffy hesitated "Sure it is mum, I wouldn’t dream of lying to you, we agreed honesty was the best policy when I returned from LA, remember?"


"Of course I do honey, I’m sorry I doubted you like that!" Joyce said relieved and moved over to sit next to her daughter on the bed, placing a comforting hand on Buffy’s arm.


"Right well I’d best be off then, don’t mean to interrupt the treasured mother/daughter moment" Spike carefully attempted to climb back out the window.


"Don’t go on my behalf Spike" Joyce said, stroking Buffy’s arm,


"Stay! I’ll set up the comforter in the basement for you. You can’t go back out there when you’re being hunted down. I’m sure Buffy won’t mind since you’re helping her in return, do you Buffy?" Joyce looked straight at Buffy’s face, now pale from shock.


"Ah mum? Have you forgotten that he’s completely and utterly evil?" Buffy questioned in an attempt to talk her mum out of such a ridiculous idea.


"But hasn’t he got a chip in his head Buffy? Isn’t he rendered harmless?" Joyce looked confused.


"Okay so he can’t physically hurt humans, but emotionally, he isn’t stable, he could verbally lash out at any time"


"Oh Buffy, don’t be silly, he looks just fine to me" Joyce smiled at Spike and Spike gave Joyce a flirtatious wink. Joyce giggled in response. Buffy shot Spike a ‘how dare you’ glare.


"That’s very kind of you Joyce" Spike said, bowing his head "I only wish I could offer you something in return"


"Actually" Joyce added thoughtfully "I need some help around the house while Buffy’s home on term break" Buffy raised her eyebrows, scared to death over what her mother might suggest.


"How about you stay here Spike, in the basement for two weeks. You could do the housework during the day when you can’t go out. It’d be a great help, I’ve been extremely busy at the Gallery lately and Buffy is hopeless with anything resembling housework…."


"Mum you have got to be joking right? This IS Spike we’re talking about. A good for nothing bleach head" Buffy interrupted, horrified at such an idea. ‘Spike must have cast a spell on her’ Buffy thought catching the smug smile on Spike’s face ‘He’ll definitely be getting that stake through his heart sooner than he thinks.’


Spike’s annoying voice interrupted Buffy’s train of thought,


"How could I not accept, spending a couple of weeks with my favourite ladies and helping maintain such a lovely house. It would be my honour"


"That’s settled then"


Joyce always had a soft spot for Spike. He was extremely charming and well spoken. The vampire aspect seemed to be undetectable compared to Angel.


"But mum….." Buffy whined.


"No ‘buts’ Buffy, I’m tired and I’m going to bed. If you want to discuss it talk to me in the morning when I’m not falling asleep sitting up."


Joyce stood up, kissed Buffy goodnight, grinned at Spike and left the room.


"You’re gonna pay for this Spike. If you’re staying tonight, expect to be chained up in the basement, I don’t want you running round the house, doing god knows what" Buffy huffed, dragging Spike by the shirt collar down the stairs.


"If I was expecting you to be like this Slayer, I would’ve brought along my whip" Spike scoffed, delighted to have had pissed Buffy off without having to resort to his usual taunting tactics. This was going to be an interesting couple of weeks.


********************


TBC


A/N – Sorry my chapters are only short, I can’t write too much at once. Stay tuned, I’ll definitely be cutting to the chase very soon, I just like to set the scene. Oh yeah, I have a report for uni due this week so I won’t be able to update till next week so stay tuned.