Author's Chapter Notes:
any thanks, yet again to all those who are kind enough to review.
Dear Robert,
I really don’t know how many times I have to say no, but no. I like you as a friend, we’ve known each other forever, but I am not ready for another relationship with anyone. I know it’s been more than two years since I got back from America, but my children are my life now, and I don’t want anything else.

Your friend always,
Buffy





Dear Faith
AAAHHH, there is an old friend of mine that is becoming a real pest. His name is Robert, Duke of Angus, and he keeps asking me out. I keep saying no, for a variety of reasons.

He doesn’t really like Billy and Joy, suggested early boarding school at five for them! Had a fit on the phone at me for talking to William, and is creepy. But most of all, and silly as it sounds, I feel that I would be being disloyal to William. I honestly don’t know if I could love anyone else after him, and I don’t know if I can trust him enough to let myself love him again.

Other than that how are you?

The fashion houses were wonderful, I spent far too much money on things but when I went to pay I found that Spike Devlin had left his credit card there and paid for everything for me.
I am falling all over again. Help girlfriend, what do I do?

B




Dear Cordy,
You would love the shopping here. I’m lucky: between William’s fame and my title there are few doors closed to me. In fact I think Willow and I have hit every fashion house major and minor there is. We went for lunch at a very nice little Bistro. And by the time we got back to the George V hotel the bags had all arrived. It was funny to see William and Oz trying to work out who’s were who’s. Halli, Billy and Joy had been out for a walk in one of the parks. Sarah is babysitting tonight whilst Halli comes to the concert and comes to dinner with us all afterwards. Sarah came last night.

It is working out well having both girls here. The babies are thriving on all the attention and I still get to see them all the time.
It was good news to me at least about Forrest getting arrested. I’m sorry another young girl got hurt but at least he’s where he can’t hurt any more now. The judge asked Dawn for information about his attempt on her, although she is over the age of consent here, it followed a pattern and I think helped the prosecutions case.

Glad the new business is going well for you. Supplying PA’s and trouble shooters for all those rich film stars must be fun. Don’t forget you’ll always be welcome at my place if you need a break.

Take care and give my love to Lorne

Buffy




Dear Amy
Congratulations on the news.

As it’s you, I’ll tell you that Sarah is only working for me for 3 months whilst we are on tour, then she’ll be looking for a new job. I would highly recommend her as a nanny. She is brilliant with my two and I can only think that she will be brilliant with your bundle when s/he arrives. She has handled the press exceptionally well and given nothing away to them despite some very good offers. The only person I can think is better is Halli and you’re NOT stealing her.

William is being charming, he is a little worried about playing for James, not so much for the playing as the thought that James will play my protector and throw him in one of the dungeons. I must admit that I am not helping. I haven’t told him that the dungeons have been turned into a gym and a nightclub under the castle.

I can’t wait until you announce officially. Until then my mouth is shut.

Buffy




Dear Dru,

Yes we are having a wonderful time on tour. France was brilliant as was Germany. Italy is beautiful.

William is still being attentive and sweet, but there is still something at the back of my mind. I don’t quite trust him yet. It’s a bit like having a panther on a leash, you know he’s dangerous and wild but I’m too frightened to let go of the end in case he turns on me.

He hasn’t said or done anything to upset me; just the opposite. He says that he’s OK with me dating other people, but I don’t want to and he isn’t dating anyone.

The flowers keep arriving: white roses today.. pure female beauty. With honeysuckle… the bonds of love. What girl could resist? Last week it was violets…faithfulness.

I am so close to loving him, but just need something to tell me it’s safe.

Take care my friend. Give Tara my love when you speak to her.

Sunshine




Dear Dru,

You’re quite right, I just need faith. So I’m writing to her next.
I’m glad you’re joining us in Cannes. I hope your exams go well

Sunshine




Dear Faith,

Well, we’re well into the tour now. Willow is resting regularly.

Robert flew out to Bonn to see me. It actually made me uncomfortable. I didn’t want him there and he certainly didn’t want the children near him. I come as a package: me and the kids. No children, no Buffy. He seems to think that because we are from the same background I should fall into his arms, grateful for the attention. If he carries on I think I’ll show him why I was nicknamed Slayer when I was a child.
William is being very sweet and to tell the truth, I’m getting a little tired of the sweetness. He seems determined to do nothing wrong. Now I know that sounds perfect but he’s not relaxed and certainly not himself. He says he can see clearly and that I am too good for him. He is so careful, overly polite and just watching me as if I’m going to throw a fit or hit him at any minute. Either that or he can’t believe I’m here.

The other side of sweet is nice. He makes sure he’s here for the children as often as work will allow. He books interviews and photo sessions, TV appearances around the children’s routine. Bed time is sacrosanct. He helps with the bath and reads the story every night. We’re doing Winnie the Pooh at the moment. Tucks them in, kisses them goodnight and goes and changes into Spike Devlin. I must admit the man is hot when he’s dressed for stage. There is something about tight black jeans and that trademark duster of his that does things to my blood pressure. He’s HOT HOT HOT

Now, girlfriend, I need help. I really want that man back in my bed: I need him back in my bed, NOW, but I want him to want me as well. He never gives any sign except the flowers and I’m not sure if they are some sort of habit between friends. I was hoping that this time together would hurry things along, but it seems to have brought the whole situation to a grinding halt.

Do I keep playing it cool or do I risk my and the babies happiness for a one night stand?

Ideas on a post card please!!!
B



Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
Well we’re here in Cannes and it is mad!!! There are stars and wan’- to -be’s everywhere. The women are sooo skinny. Size 0 looks stupid, they look ill and their heads look too big for their bodies. William says he prefers curves.

Oz kept quiet, Willow is in the hormonal stage of the pregnancy and Oz has learnt to keep his mouth closed on some subjects.

The boys have done TV and radio work and concerts galore, they have worked so hard. Dru flew over to join us and is handling the PA work for the band. She seems calmer now, but can still sense things. Told me that id meet a new friend who ‘came to listen, but will stay to sing’
Last week’s rest in Montrose had to be cancelled and extra dates added to the tour due to demand. At least my babies will never be broke.

The concerts were incredible. 50000 people screaming for the guys. I’m surprised that anyone could hear anything. I don’t go into the crowd. Far too noisey, but watched from the wings. The Band played their hearts out. It didn’t seem to last two hours although it was in fact about two and a half.

Then those fans with back stage passes came back to meet the band. There are those who just want to try on too much, Spike is very good at handling them. Oz tends to ignore and Devon enjoys himself. Then there are the real fans. Some of whom have been to fifteen or twenty concerts. There was a teenager by the name of Laura who only wanted a photo with Spike and an autograph for her sister. She was lovely, reminded me of Dawn. Spike spent a good fifteen minutes talking to her, they were dissecting a song he’d written. Seems she’s taking music at college. He had lots of others to see but I could tell he was enjoying himself, so when Dru asked her to allow the others in I went across to her for a chat. She was sweet and polite, took me for another fan and was so excited that she had met Spike and Oz. She asked me if I’d managed to get any autographs yet, I invited her to join me for afternoon tea with my children the next day and she accepted.

We met at the hotel and she was full of polite questions. ‘How long had I been a fan? Was I enjoying Cannes? She thought the babies were sweet, and thank goodness they were on their best behaviour. Halli was on her day off and Sarah was with us. I then said that my babies daddy would be joining us, and his name was William. I hoped she didn’t mind.
Very politely Laura said that she didn’t mind at all, and was delighted when William turned up. They talked for ages and I think Laura benefited from the help. Seems she’s got a lovely voice and Spike was wondering about producing a record for her, but she’s very young still.
Thank Dru, she saw it happening.

Prince Albert of Monaco turned up for one of the star studded galas and recognised me. It must be five years since we met at Windsor. He was so sweet, seems his grandchildren wanted an introduction to Spike Devlin and Daniel Osbourne and ‘grandad’ was hoping it wouldn’t be too much of an imposition. The band were struck dumb, all the really famous faces were trying to meet them. The little princesses are sweet, it seems an age since I last saw them.
William gave a lovely bow to their Serene Highnesses who giggled lots then they went off to play with the twins.. We were invited out on His Serene Highness’ yacht for the afternoon. It was fantastic. I think though that it overwhelmed some members of the band. I wonder what they’re going to be like when we hit Windsor.

You said, when Mom died, I could ask you anything, well I need someone to talk to. So I hope it’s true. Things are peculiar between Will and I at the moment. It’s like he’s walking on eggshells the whole time, terrified to put a foot wrong. Yet I want him to make a move. I’ve dressed up, I’ve organised quiet dinners, done everything I can think of except send a gilt edged invitation, and he still asks me if Robert, Angus has rung. AAAHHH! Can I kill him please? No? Oh all right them. I just wish I knew if he wanted me or not.

One more show and our three months on the road are over and we’re headed home to the UK. Windsor, then home. I will be glad to sleep in my own bed again.

My love to Uncle Charles and congratulations on becoming a Grandma.
Love always,
Buffy