Author's Chapter Notes:
many thanks as always to those kind enough to take the time to review. they mean a lot
Dear Willow,
I know the last couple of weeks are the worst. I was lucky, with twins they came early but I felt like a beached whale and needed Xander to get me off of the couch and Anya to check I had matching shoes on. Just hang on in there, girlfriend. Not long now. The worst bit for me was feeling hot and having no one around to help. At least Oz is there. Anya said she was going to send you some books, so if there is a parcel from Scotland do NOT open it in front of your mother. You know what Anya is like, and I know your mum, she’d freak.

William arrives home tomorrow, and I’m in trouble. Big trouble.
It’s the Highland games next week and by tradition all the men wear kilts. I’m expected to attend and have bought a Kilt for William. The press are going to have a field day with Spike Devlin in a skirt.

I am determined that he’s wearing it, he’s moaning and complaining but he hasn’t actually said no yet. And before you ask of course there will be pictures, I’ll send you some but just watch the tabloids.

I’m writing to Faith as well.

Take care
Love Buffy



Dear Faith
Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve written , but I just don’t see to have stopped. I have gone back to Uni, and am going to finish my degree. I don’t need it but just thought it would be nice to actually finish school.

Halli is still the star of the nursery and the twins are thriving under her care. Dru is planning on moving over here next year when she’s finished her courses. And she and Tara are officially a couple. There are rings and everything.
Anya had a lovely baby boy. Alexander William Henry Harris; I’ve been asked to be Godmother and of course said yes, William is going to be Godfather, as a gift we have signed over their house to them so its theirs free and clear. Anya was over-joyed, house prices are so much higher here than in America and she wasn’t sure how she was going to buy one. Now she’s planning on using the first house as collateral to buy others and make their fortune. I just leave her to it and watch the bank balance grow and think Xander has the same approach to life. It is so much simpler.

I thought you would like the enclosed picture and feel free to sell copies to the tabloids if you want. Spike Devlin in a Kilt at the Highland games held last week. The tour was over and my William finally came home. It’s wonderful to have him here, we’ll see you next year at the wedding, and you can see then how crazy we are.

Back to the kilt. It’s traditional, all the men wear one, and Billy looked cute in his, but he definitely was outclassed by his Dada. William fussed and moaned but eventually put it on. Wow, he was hot. But he complained about the breeze going where it shouldn’t. The games were wonderful, full of old traditions that mean little to outsiders. Billy and I lead the parade in a horse drawn carriage, Lady Laird and her heir. Then came Joy and Dawn in their own vehicle.
William was waiting there for us, as he’s not my husband he can’t join us in the parade. Next year he will.
William, sorry Spike, has agreed to do a cameo in a Space film that they are making in London, he’s playing a twenty fifth century pop star. Watch this space. If he enjoys it, William thought he might do more.

Hope Robin is well and I can’t wait to meet him. Hope he’s not a city boy, otherwise he’ll find it far too boring here. Oh and warn him will you that the relatives will be at the wedding.

B




Dear Laura,
I thought that you might like to know that Willaim Giles is guesting as a lecturer at Stirling university next year. The course is on modern music and its similarities to Victorian poetry. Didn’t your mum say something about you doing a year at another Uni? Well I thought you’d like the sitch. You would be more than welcome to visit us at any time.
I’m glad you liked the CD.
I am enclosing a photo of us all at the highland games. The boys just looked so cute in their kilts.

Take care and good luck with your exams

Buffy Giles




Dear Willow
Congratulations on the birth of Hazel Marie Osbourne.
7lb 4oz is a good weight. William sends his love as well. Says he will take Oz out for a drink when he sees him.
And no shouting at me, I warned you about Anya’s parcel, it’s your fault you opened it in public. You were warned.
I will phone you next week when things have calmed down your end, give Hazel a kiss for me

See you in six months for the wedding!
Buffy





Dear Laura
I know this is an unexpected letter, but your mum was worried enough to phone me. I know school can be difficult but hang on in there, it will soon be over and you will be free. I had a ‘school queen’ at my school and I agree that they can make life hell, so please, as a friend tell me what the problem is and I will try and help if I can.

Buffy




Dear Mrs Jackson,
It seems that Laura is being called a liar at school about meeting Spike Devlin. She has kept faith with us over not spilling secrets about William and I, and as I really don’t like school queens and I am in London on Friday to see my new cousin, please make sure she is in school Friday.

Elizabeth Giles




Dear Amy
Congratulations on the birth of His Royal Highness, Henry Charles William James of Wales. I will be down at the weekend to see you both. William will be with me as we have a visit to do as well. I’ll tell you all about it when I see you Saturday.
Much love and congratulations again,
Buffy



Dear Jamie,
Congratulations on being a Daddy. I’m due in for the weekend and popping in to see Amy and you. William has a very nice bottle of scotch for you to crack open.
See you Saturday,
Buffy





Dear Anya,
I promised, a nice list of all the wines that are being delivered. Now will you please rest?
Buffy





Dear Amy,
He’s beautiful. And thank you for all the gossip, I needed that. Glad Robert Angus is still having serious problems. I have to gloat, sorry, bitchy Buffy about. It was lovely to see Sarah again and I’m so pleased she has settled in well.
I meant to tell you about Laura, she’s a charming girl we met in Cannes, but goes to school in London. She and I have had a lovely correspondence over the last few months.
She has been circumspect in anything she has said to outsiders and this led to problems at school. She had told a so- called friend that she has met Spike Devlin on holiday, and he had been kind enough to talk to her. Well they made out she was lying about the whole thing and had bought her autograph off of ebay. Poor girl.

So we sorted it. Spike Devlin, all in black with leather duster, looking as though he had just stepped off stage, picked her up from school last Friday.
He’d even hired a limo for the occasion. Her mother (Mrs Jackson) had contacted the school to say that we would be collecting Laura, who was totally surprised. William made a huge entrance, with a bodyguard (as if he’s ever had one of those when we’ve been in London before, but said that as he was dressed as Spike more people would recognise him). Laura squealed as did half the female population of the school. He just did that smirk thing and said ‘hi kitten’, and whisked us off to tea at the Ritz. His only comment was, ‘that’ll shut ‘em up that you were lying, won’t it pet.’ Laura had such a huge grin on her face. We dropped her back off at home, where her mother said that the phone hadn’t stopped all afternoon.

The evening visit wasn’t such fun for us. We stopped in at Great Ormond Street hospital and visited the teenage wards for a while. William was brilliant, every inch the star talking to fans, left loads of CD’s and DVD’s as well as countless pictures and autographs.
It made me so grateful for the health of the twins. Seeing those kids who are so ill, I just cried over Billy and Joy because they were full of life and mischief.
William decided to do something more practical. He hired a coach for Tuesday next week and has hired the Embassy Club, it’s only small, about 250 people at most, but very exclusive, and he’s sending the coach for all the nurses, doctors and staff who can make it, for an acoustic concert to say thanks for looking after all the kids so well. I thought it was a lovely idea.

Next is shopping. I am looking for underwear for the wedding. I have sent William to do ‘Spike stuff’ at the record company and I am hunting for silk nightwear. Great fun.

Must go, we’re all going down to the pool for an hour.

Buffy