Author's Chapter Notes:
many thanks to my faithful reviewers. it means a great deal. only One more chapter to go
Dear William,
Just a quick note hidden in your case to wish you good luck with the lecturing. I think you should have a wonderful time. See you next week, be careful of all those co-eds. I wonder how long it will be before they realise that Professor William Giles is Spike Devlin, rock star?
Take care my love.
Buffy




Dear William,
I’m so glad the first week went so well. I would love to have seen your face when you walked into the office to find a half naked young woman on your desk. Thank you for telling me about it. I feel safer knowing. The twins send their love to Daddy.
All my love
Buffy




Dear Faith,
Glad things are going well for you and I am so looking forward to seeing you for Christmas, we’ll pick you up at Glasgow airport on the 22nd.
Love Buffy


Dear Jenny and Giles,
I know writing seems very silly when you are only in the village but I don’t seem to have a moment at the moment. I am actually trying to get organised for Christmas and was wondering if Giles would be so kind as to take the shopping list for the estate children and head into Glasgow for a couple of days and fill it. There are about 100 gifts to get this year. Isn’t it wonderful? We keep getting bigger and bigger. William is trapped in the studio, Willow is flying in with Hazel, and Faith and Robin are due in as well. I’m sure that Jenny has kept you up to date with all the running around. I was wondering if you would play Father Christmas this year for the children’s party? I do hope so.

Must go, I’m going over to Stirling tonight to surprise William, and must admit I’m a little nervous. Halli is being very sweet about my fussing, but I can’t help remembering the last time I tried surprising William.
Buffy




Dear Willow,
I know that you are due here in a month but I am really looking forward to seeing you. Last week I drove over to Stirling where William is lecturing. I had the script for this film they’ve asked him to do and wanted to drop it off to him. I must admit I was very nervous. The last time I surprised him didn’t turn out too well. At least I’m not pregnant this time.
Well I needn’t have been worried. He was delighted to see me, he had a couple of students in his office and was giving them a lecture about the poetry. He rushed out and started kissing me there and then, in front of everyone.
Anyway I feel far safer now, and a lot happier. One of the last shadows has been lifted from my soul. I think I will always be hurt by what happened, but it is the past now.
More important, how is Hazel? I have put you and Oz in the tower again. There is an old dressing room next door, and I’m having it converted into a night nursery. Your nanny can stay in the stable block flats and share use of the day nursery if that’s OK with you, it means Hazel will stay close to you at night and I know your nanny normally only comes in during the daytime anyway.

Things are the peachy side of keen here. William and I had a lovely weekend, nice meals out and long walks. We met one of the other professors. He was a sweetie but hadn’t a clue about William’s other job, kept going on about how hard it is financially for young teachers and lecturers, and what was ‘poor William’ going to do after the contract is finished? He could put in a good word for us. He was an old sweetie. William had introduced me as his fiancée. Then the dear was asking about where we planned to live after we were married. I explained I had a home already and we would be living there, he then hoped it would be big enough for when the babies came along. I nearly killed myself laughing on the inside. We just reassured him and went off to dinner.
The students were another matter. Poor William is having some problems with the females. They’ve had to ask a warden to patrol near his office and he’s keeping it quiet about where he’s living (a lovely little flat in the town). I had enough when the forth or fifth girl came onto him so we went dancing and I did a ‘Faith special’ in front of the student population. Now, before you asked, I kept my clothes on, but I danced like I meant it, and you know what a good dancer William is.
I think that showed them he’s spoken for, that and the rock on my finger.
There were some disappointed looks around the place.
Look forward to seeing you, I know I keep saying it but its true.

Take care, my best to Oz and my love to Hazel.

Buffy




Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
The official invites are going out in three weeks time but I just wanted to confirm that you are alright for Wednesday April 25th?
I’m so glad that Uncle James is giving me away, this time we’re doing everything right. Billy and Joy are really looking forward to the wedding. We’ve got them in Victorian clothes, A little sailor suit for Billy and a very flouncy dress for Joy. All the clothes for the wedding party are based on Victorian designs. We have arranged for the flowers to be done by the local Ladies Flower Guild and have lent them our book of Victorian Flower meanings. They have agreed to make each posy and buttonhole have a different meaning. I am wearing lily of the valley (return of happiness) and Ivy, (marriage) myrtle (love and fertility) in my hair as a crown. The dress is spectacular, a creation of green silk, and off the shoulder.
Looking forward to our shopping trip next month.
All my love,
Buffy
PS I wish Mom were here to see all this.




*



Elizabeth Anne Summers Giles
And
William Giles
Request the pleasure of your company
At the celebration of their marriage
On
Wednesday April 25th 2007
At
2pm
The Old Chapel
Traymour Castle
Traymour
With a buffet to follow in the Great Hall
And a Ball

Carriages at midnight

RSVP
Anya Harris
Traymour Castle







Enclosed:
As William and I have a house and home we are asking that wedding gifts take the shape of gifts to either Royal National Lifeboat Institute
Or
Hill House Children’s Hospital, Glasgow, air ambulance appeal.


Dear Anya,
Could you have 200 of these printed up as we discussed? That should give us about 400 guests in all. I’ll send a list of the most important guests then we’ll go over the rest later.
Buffy




Their Majesties King Charles and Queen Elizabeth
Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Wales
His Royal Highness Henry Prince of Wales
Mr. And Mrs Daniel Osbourne
Miss Hazel Osbourne
Mr Richard Devon
Mr and Mrs Alexander Harris
Master Alex Harris
Mr and Mrs Rupert Giles
Miss Tara McClay
Miss Druscilla Lee
Mr and Mrs Liam Angelus
Lady Dawn Summers
Mr Connor Angelus
Mr and Mrs Mark Jackson
Miss Laura Jackson
Miss Faith Lahern
Mr Robin Wood
Mr Lorne Greenwood
Miss Mary Stewart
Mr and Mrs Riley Finn
Sarah, Halli and Dr. Stephanie

The staff from the Farm, and all the lads, roadies etc from Dingos.
Send the usual around the village as well.
Please make sure all the children have their own invite, I want to make sure they know they are welcome. I can’t stand weddings where children aren’t welcome, what’s the use of adults only? Half the fun is seeing what shape the bridesmaids get into with the chocolate. Speaking of which, I would be honoured if you would stand up with me. I know it is more traditional to have unmarried maids, but I want you, Dawn, Tara, Faith, Willow and Dru, and Joy of course. I have found a lovely sailor suit for Billy and he’s going to be in the Grooms’ party. I have been told that Giles is best man, with Oz and Devon as Groomsmen. No American walk down for them; the maids will follow the bride rather than the bride following the maids. We are decorating the church with fresh flowers, every bunch will mean something different, the ladies of the Flower Guild are taking care of that. Jenny is baking a rich fruit cake for me, in fact as we only have two months left, I hope it’s already baked and is now seeping in brandy. As a courtesy towards the American traditions the top layer is going to be sponge, so we’ll be saving the second layer for the christening. It will have five layers, I only hope its enough.
Could you please buy loads of rose petal confetti? I don’t want anyone to run out.
I’m heading down to London to see Stella McCartney next week. I have grovelled lots about changing my mind about the dress and she’s turning the one she had designed into an evening/ Gala dress for me, so it won’t be a waste.
I have also managed to track down some Scottish Gold for the wedding ring for William. It came from one of the panning streams on Traymour Land. I am having a Celtic knot made for him, it’s beautiful. It should be ready to collect from Garrards next week.
As a HUGE favour could you get Xander to check that William has sorted out my ring? I love him but he’s a bit dizzy at the moment. True blond.
I’m hiring a play bus for all the kids and a bouncy castle, there will be magicians and jesters in the gardens, if the weather’s good, if not we’ll put the bouncy castle in the barn and the magician in the tunnels and caves. We thought the jester could wander about the house. There will be bands playing most of the day. And dancing all night.
Could you please have a talk to Jenny about Castle Traditions. I would love another bridal bower but am not supposed to ask. There is a book somewhere in the library with them all written in. I’m sure Giles will have found it during his long searches.
Can’t think of anything else that needs covering. I have told Jenny to order anything she needs for the house and banquet. If she needs more help it’s all authorised. I’m now off to London. Thanks for everything.
Just remember that our Jenny must not do more than an hour on her feet, as the baby is due next month

Buffy