Author's Chapter Notes:
many many thanks to those who are kind enough to review
Dear William,
It was wonderful to see you again. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. I’m sorry that Dawn and Janice’s screams hurt your ears. I don’t think that Dawn had remembered to tell Janice that her ‘William Giles’ was ‘Spike Devlin’ of Dingoes Ate My Baby. It seems that Janice has your picture all over her bedroom wall! It was a complete surprise that we weren’t thrown out of the hotel with the fuss they were making, but boy were they enjoying themselves. The photos have been printed off and the look on Dawnie’s face is priceless.

We had a brilliant time with the gang, and thank the guys for taking so much trouble over the backstage passes and all.
I think the girls have shopped London out; it took me two days to put everything away. But I had a great time. Dinner was wonderful. I still have the flowers you gave me. They are in the little sitting room that I use in the evening.
The new PA seemed a little , erm, ‘weird’: does she always talk to the pixies and elves or was that for my benefit? She must be really good at her job, to get away with all that. What sort of name is ‘Drusilla’, anyway? She seemed very keen on you. Just being the jealous girlfriend, my love. Keep her claws off you, please. I trust you completely, honest. It’s her I’m not sure about.

I have checked the ‘big’ diary and both Dawn and I are free when you have that week in Vegas so the answer is yes, we’d love to come over and be with you.

Must go now, the police have turned up with more stuff on Quentin Travers. He has done so much damage here it is unbelievable. Anya has been a godsend. She has managed to make some of the businesses break even despite Travers interference, and has helped Wolfram and Hart sort through the accounts. It looks like she and Xander have hit it off as well. From all the talk I get they are very much an item. So no more jealousy about my ‘baby brother’.

Take care my darling; I’ll speak to you soon.
Love always
Buffy





Dear Giles,
Of course you can come over any time you want! We can pick you up from Glasgow Airport and bring you up to the house. Stay as long as you want. I’ll let Ms Calander, the housekeeper, know when you’re arriving and we’ll see to everything. All you have to do is sit back and relax. We have a swimming pool on the estate, horses, tennis, all sorts of fishing and shooting. Let me know if you want to go out with the Gillie and I can arrange stalking or salmon fishing. It’s normally about $1000 dollars a day on the river but as my guest you’ll have free rein to do whatever you want. I know that you have always wanted to try fly-fishing. So this can be a real holiday.

The library is huge and you are more than welcome to help yourself to anything you want. There are some nice first editions, especially the Scottish authors. There is a first edition Burns and Scott, and God alone knows what else. It hasn’t been catalogued in over 75 years.. The paintings go back centuries, and the main part of the house is about 800 years.

I’ll put one of the cars at your disposal, so no worries about hiring one.
I really am looking forward to seeing you. It’s been far too long.
Love Buffy







Jenny, I know writing a note to you is cheeky but I’m not sure that I’ll remember to say everything when I see you.

1 Dawn is staying with Janice for a couple of days.

2 could you arrange with Xander to pick up Mr. Rupert Giles from the airport. He is flying in from LA on Thursday next week. Due in about 4pm.

3 could you please get the guest suite ready for Giles? He’s my old librarian from Sunnydale, he’s English and a poppet.

4 The Lifeboat fundraiser is next month. Feel free to cook/ bake or make anything you want to; use our kitchens. I know you normally do it all at home, but I’ll pay for the ingredients this year.
Must go now.
Buffy







Sir,
Thank you for the opportunity you have offered to host The Princes’ Trust concert in 18 months time. Of course we would be delighted if you used Traymour Castle. The last concert held here was a huge success and I believe we had about an audience size of 50,000. I would also be delighted if you would use the castle during your visit.

Well, James, is that formal enough for you? It was wonderful to see you last week. I thoroughly enjoyed the party, even if the newspapers got pictures. Please thank everyone for me, and thank you again for all your support during this horrendous time. Dawn is managing to pull herself together and I follow even more slowly.

I loved being with Aunty Liz. I know that she must miss mom as well, but she just gave me so much love.

I’m flying out to America next month for a good break, and before you ask, yes I will be seeing William. I’m glad I didn’t have brothers; you’re more than protective enough.

See you soon ; I’ll be writing to Aunt Liz as soon as I get five minutes.
Take care, as always
Your Obedient Servant
Elizabeth of Traymour








Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Consort
Buckingham Palace
Dear Aunt Liz,

Thank you so much for the break you gave Dawn and I. We really appreciate all the time you and His Majesty spent with us. I’m being good now, back to duty.

I am going to America next month. There is a charity ‘do’ on in New York to which I have been invited and I have asked William Giles to be my escort. There were a few complaints about Black Tie dates (or tuxedo as he insists on calling his Dinner Jacket), but I managed to persuade him into getting all dolled up. And no, Aunty dear, I’m not telling you how!

As you suspected, things are definitely hotting up, so as he is becoming more and more of a fixture in my life, so I will ask him if we can start all the security checks. I suppose they’ve already been done, and as I’ve had no phone calls from the Secret Service I’ll take a wild guess that everything is OK.

You remember Quentin Travers, that annoying little worm that stole out of the accounts when he was purporting to be Estate Manager? Well, he is in court next week. I have given my statements and am due to give evidence on Thursday. That should be interesting. Never mind, I’ll manage. The police are quite positive that he will get a good long sentence. It seems that fraud is taken very seriously. We have managed to recover a good proportion of the money stolen and as he had forged my mother’s and my signature on various papers, it seems the bank are responsible for a lot of the outstanding amount. So the estate won’t suffer too much. The bank has been wonderful. They were threatening to pull our line of credit until this was sorted but Uncle Charles ensuring that the CEO and President were at the dinner at the Palace last week seemed to make all the problems magically vanish. Powerful relatives are so useful sometimes. Tell him he’s a dear and thank him for me, or should it be his Private secretary Andrew I thank?

I’ll write after the holiday. Dawn will be back at school on Monday, she loves boarding. Says it’s like a sleepover every night. Her best friend Janice is also boarding now, so the pair of them get up to mischief together. The stability is what she needs right now. I feel too young to be a mom. It would be nice if I had someone else to take over some of the responsibility.

Jenny Calendar has stepped up to the challenge of taking over running the whole house magnificently. She is a real boon. Xander is organising the ‘outside’ crew and doing really well. He is quite the man manager when he’s not playing the clown. It seems the team is all set for the next 40 + years.
Must Go now,
My love to all
Buffy









Dear Willow,
Here I am in New York, I’m going to a charity fashion thing tomorrow with William, then off to Washington for drinks and a reception at the British Embassy on Thursday. Cousin James is coming in to Washington as a special guest so I’ve been asked to go as his official ‘date’. But after that I’m free. So how about some retail therapy? Can you get hold of Faith? I’ve booked a hotel in LA, The Wilshire, I’m told its good, so meet you there. I’ll pay the hotel so don’t panic. You can do the good tour guide bit and show me around and I want to go to Disneyland. I’ve never been to a theme park. So we’ll have fun, you can buy lunch. I also want to go up to the vineyards and have a look round. Then we hit the shops.
Anything else you can think of will be fine by me. Clubbing in the evening. I’ll pack for all eventualities. I’m seeing William in New York. He’ll be there publicising the new album. So we’ll be ‘man free’, unless Oz is skipping the publicity bit?
See you soon.
Buffy








Dear Giles,
Just to let you know you’ll have free run of the house for a week or so as I’m doing a charity thing in New York, then heading to LA for a couple of days. I’ll leave you in Jenny’s capable hands whilst I gallivant. Xander has said that he’ll organise with Charles Gunn for your entertainment. He’s our Ghillie, and exceptionally good. We were lucky to find him. He’s ex-army so the poachers are now losing, for which the estate is most grateful.

Xander will pick you up from the airport and by the time you’ve rested and recovered from the jetlag I should be back.

See you when I get home.

Buffy