Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks to all those kind folks who tkae time and trouble to review. it means so much and keeps my fingers working
Dawn, please get back to Revello drive as quickly as possible, sorry about the text but this is an emergency. I need you now!!!






Sam: Can you get someone to Memorial Hospital to pick me up? Seems I ran into a little trouble on a visit here. I may need your (or Riley’s) professional services.
Buffy






Faith: can you pick me up from the old house and drive me into LA? I’m staying with Dawn at the moment and don’t want anyone else to see me. I can’t drive; I’ve broken my arm.

Glad I got a mobile texts are wonderful!






Dear Mr Angelus,
Thank you for agreeing to take my brief. I have been married to Mr. William Giles, also known as Spike Devlin, for 18months. We were married in Las Vegas and I enclose a copy of my certificate.

I want you to start divorce proceedings against Mr Giles as soon as possible, but don’t want the divorce to be final for at least 8 months. This is very important to me as I am pregnant and want my baby born inside the marriage.

My full title is Lady Traymour of Traymour Castle, Scotland. I was recommended to you by your son Connor who is going out with my younger sister, Dawn.

As to the facts:-

I had planned to surprise my husband with an unexpected visit during his stay in LA. I arrived at the hotel approximately 4pm and made my way to his suite. I found my husband in bed with his PA, Harmony Kendal. They made no effort to hide what they were doing. Unfortunately it developed into a shouting match and Mr. Giles made it quite clear he wanted ‘absolutely nothing more to do with me, ever.’ And I was to ‘f%&* off and leave him alone.’ Harmony then pushed me out of the room and into the hall: I broke my arm as I fell.

I did not have a chance to tell him I was pregnant and do not want him to know. He said that there was nothing he ever wanted from me, and nothing I have got that he ever wants, and I don’t intend to put a child into the middle of a fight.

I want nothing from him, financially or morally. He is not to be asked for child support.

The only property I have in America is a house in Sunnydale where my sister lives whilst she is at college.

Although I have large estates in Scotland, they are entailed to the title and I cannot get rid of them under any circumstances. All papers will be sent to you from my solicitors in London as soon as I can get home to sort out all the details.

Elizabeth Giles







Dear Giles,
I don’t know if William has contacted you, but things are completely over between us.

I arrived at the hotel to give him a surprise, but it was I that was surprised. He was in bed with Harmony. I know I am stupid, but I was willing to try and talk things out with him. We all make mistakes, but before we could start talking he began yelling and shouting at me. Harmony then joined in and literally threw me out of the room. Then they called Security, saying they had no idea who I was. Security turned up and arrested me. I now have a court order banning me from contacting my husband, as well as a broken arm from the landing when Harmony threw me out the room. William’s eyes were so strange, wild almost. It was as if he didn’t know me. He did nothing to protect me from the assault and didn’t even admit we were married, said he didn’t know me at all, never met me etc.

Harmony called me awful names, saying that this was all my fault because I had abandoned Spike.

William asked me to stay with my duty until the castle recovered from the twin shocks of my mother’s death and the theft of all those funds. I had honestly thought we were working together towards a common goal; a house and home for the both of us. But it was not to be. It seems a blonde in the bed is more important than a wife at home.

Sam came to the hospital and helped me sort it all out. Even got the charges against me for trespass dropped. She took me back to Sunnydale and Dawn, where I am staying until I am allowed to fly.

I have contacted Wolfram and Hart, attorneys at law, to deal with the divorce, though they have the work cut out for themselves getting hold of William.

I want to tell you everything so if we can meet I would be grateful, however if you feel that you don’t want to see me again, I will try and understand. After all blood is thicker than water.

I hope you know you will always be welcome at Traymour. I’m sure Jenny would be very cross with me if I tried to keep you out.

I have arranged to be absent from the castle next year when the Dingo’s play The Prince’s Trust concert. I really don’t think I can see him again; at least not yet.

If you need to get in contact with me whilst I am still in LA , you can get to me through Mr. Liam Angelus, Wolfram and Hart, LA.

Buffy
PS sorry about the tear stains. I can’t seem to help it at the moment.








Dear Willow
I am so sorry I didn’t see you when I was in LA.. I have had the most horrible time. And you and Oz weren’t in your room when it all happened.

William and I have split up. I’m sure Oz will have heard some of the story but here goes. I came to see him during the tour. Big Mistake. He was with Harmony.

Of all the things I had expected that was the most unexpected.

Unfortunately, when she threw me out of the suite I fell and broke my arm. She then had me arrested as a trespasser and told the police they had no idea who I was. I must have looked a complete idiot, claiming to be married to William and him saying he’d never met me. After Security turned up he went back into the suite with Harmony and I could hear them laughing. At that point I really wished I could die. In some ways I still do. My heart hurts just so much. The police realised I really was hurt when they went to handcuff me, and took me to hospital. Sam was kind enough to come and get me and sort everything out. At the hospital I needed x-rays, then it came out I was pregnant and the police thought I was trying to make more trouble for William, sorry Spike, trying to claim the baby was his. You know the famous star bit.

The journey home was a bit of a nightmare. I had to take a break (excuse the pun) in New York as my arm had swollen like mad. Then another flight to Manchester. I chose Manchester as it is halfway up the UK and a very slightly shorter flight than London.

A car home took 7 hours. I was sooo glad to get in. I am still in shock over how fast every thing happened. I cannot believe that he was that different.

The other bit of news...that I’m pregnant, is supposed to be such a happy time when you’re married and all; instead here I am planning my divorce.
If you can make it over I would love to see you. I do, however, understand if you and Oz feel that you owe him your allegiance.

Please don’t tell Spike about the baby. I couldn’t bear the thought of them gloating over just how much damage they’ve done. They are truly welcome to one another.

I have such an empty space in my heart and I don’t think that I will ever truly recover. I find that I wake up in the middle of the night sobbing. I really thought that we were forever and I don’t know what to do. If it weren’t for the baby I don’t think I could be trusted to be by myself at all.
I will keep in contact.
Buffy





Dear Giles

Thank you for the kindness you showed whilst I was over there. I don’t know what I would have done without you. I really don’t understand what happened and still don’t. I honestly thought we were happy.

Jenny and I would be delighted to see you any time you want to come over. The suite of rooms you used are yours, forever. There is always the library to keep you occupied.

The pregnancy is going as expected, well almost. The first scan shows that I am expecting twins. Would you play Grandad? You’re the only one they’re going to have.

Anya has been brilliant. She and Xander make a formidable team. They are running the estate incredibly well between them. Xander fixes what needs fixing or calls in the experts for the more complex jobs and Anya has turned a profit on the estate; a sizable one as well. Her ideas met a lot of resistance at first but now her forthright ways are accepted in the village. The unemployment is at an all time low, and we are opening up the old cottages to new families. The village grows every day. Tara says that we will need a new teacher in the school next term due to the extra pupils enrolling. All good news.

Dawn is due home soon. It seems William tried to get in contact with her, but Riley sent him on his way before Dawn could physically get to him. She threatened to kill him: ‘You sleep don’t you?’ ‘Yes,’ came the reply. ‘Well, you come near us again and you’ll wake up on fire.’ Remind me not to cross my sister, she’s scary now. She always was a hair puller. But she really is scary. I’m glad she’s on my side.

Angel, my lawyer, and his baby brother Connor, are keeping an eye on her for me. Seems Dawn went out with Connor to a gig in LA, Lorne at Caritas records having organised tickets and back stage passes for them. Angel picked them up afterwards and met Cordelia. Seems that Dawn introduced Angel to Cordelia, and they have been inseparable ever since.

So some good came of my trip over there.

Must go now, Xander has arrived to take me to the hospital for another check up. Nothing to worry about. They need to make sure my arm has healed before they remove the cast. I will be very grateful as it is itching like mad.

Take care,

Buffy