Author's Chapter Notes:
keep the reviews coming folks they really mean a lot
Dear God,
Cordy tell me he’s OK. I knew he had headaches but your saying that there was a tumour, How come it took so long to find it, how big is it? And can they fix it? I knew he was doing drugs but this is almost impossible to believe.
Buffy



Dear Willow,
Please find enclosed the invite to Giles’ wedding. You and Oz are more than welcome to stay at the castle.

Sam and Riley are running security. Anya is ‘doing’ the day as one fantastic co-ordinator. Her gift to the couple; Xander is running the errands and I’m helping with the shopping, but I promise NOT the cooking. I know I can feed myself these days but I’m definitely not the gal you need to cater for 100. We have an outside caterer coming up so food should be GOOD. There are folks coming from Giles’ ‘Ripper’ days as well, so we should finally get some dirt on him.

They have invited William, well they have to really, don’t they?
He has recovered from the surgery. It was a tiny tumour pressing on the part of the brain controlling part of his personality. The drink and drugs have been ditched as well. Seems he was using to help dull the pain. And Harmony was just enjoying the ride. Seems we have a lot of ground to cover.
Please say you’ll come. I need all the back up I can get, anyway you haven’t seen the babies in months.

Tell Oz we have music planned so he needn’t even raise an eyebrow. Does that guy ever get phased? And tell him congrats on all the awards the Dingo’s picked up at the music fest thing last month. I saw you on the red carpet on TV: you looked fantastic.
And I saw Spike had yet another girl on his arm, seems he’s turning into some sort of male whore.
What was she like? Was she good to him? Oh shit here come the tears again. Blame it on the baby blues.


Faith has said she’s heading over for a holiday. So the whole gang will be together.
Love Buffy

Dear Willow,
What do you mean she was a hooker? Are you telling me that he’s paying for it? You mean to tell me all those women he was with were professional?
Buffy

Dear Faith
You are going to love this piece of gossip. No laughing ‘til the end of the sentences OK. But I nearly wet myself when I heard.

Seems that William has been dating HOOKERS!!! Harmony spread the tale that he was gay and the studio panicked and started employing pretty girls for him to be seen with. Different girl every night, bought and paid for. Suddenly I don’t feel quite so bad.
Dawn is killing herself laughing. The great Spike Devlin can’t get a date who doesn’t get paid for it.
B


Dear Anya,

Sleeping arrangements for the party of the year!

Willow, Oz and Faith in the two guestrooms on my floor. We can open up all the old guest rooms on the second floor; that will give us 14 rooms for couples. The old servants quarters can be used for singles. I have asked Jenny to get all the extra help we need from the village; Tara says she’ll run a day- care at the school for any who need it. I suggest we ask William Giles to stay in the guest cottage near to Jenny and Giles’ house. Riley and Sam can stay in the cottage nearer the loch, the one they stayed in for their honeymoon. If we work it right, I should only have to see William on the day of the wedding, and for the photo’s and wedding breakfast. After that I can keep well out of his way.

If you can think of anything else we need let me know.

I’m heading off to see the WI; they do the most wonderful flowers for competitions, so I’m getting them to do the flowers for the church and house.

Buffy







Dear Jenny,

Of course William will be welcome. I expected him to be invited. I have set aside the guest cottage near your place so he and Giles can catch up. And he can be close to you if he needs help. Flowers, food and sleeping all arranged. Most of the guests will be in the Castle. What’s the use of having 20+ bedrooms if you don’t open them up for this sort of celebration?

Don’t worry about cost. Laird’s privilege. The Estate is covering most of it.

Just worry about your bouquet and dress, and leave the rest to us. You will have a day to remember.

Love Buffy









Dear Cordy,

It was wonderful to hear from you.

What new here, you asked? Well, we are gearing up for Giles’ and Jenny’s wedding next month. The whole place has gone wedding crazy. If you want to do a piece for the magazine on traditions you are more than welcome to come over. We’ll find room for you on the estate. Dawn is doing well now she’s home. She wants to do a business course in Glasgow next term, then come and help here. I’ve said yes, but we’ll see how it goes. I don’t want to keep her away from Connor if it is at all serious. I know from experience long distance love affairs are hard work. Well, we’ll see.
Anya has been fantastic. She seems to be able to spin money out of nothing.
The estate is booming. She and Willow have set up an internet company selling Highland foods, they are selling local farm produce via the net, making profit for us and the farmers. We have opened a meat packing unit! The old saw mill has reopened, and a craft centre is on the way.
I don’t hear from William at all. I think he is still embarrassed/ upset about what happened. Though do keep in contact with Willow and Oz.

The babies are doing wonderfully. They love playing in the garden, but are only just sitting up. We have a lovely nanny starting called Halli, she is a friend of Anya’s who wanted to travel, so it seemed ideal She gets a year in Scotland and I get someone who seems to work magic on the children. In fact I can see them going for a walk in the garden now. They are in their pram (you know, the thing on wheels you put children in), and are laughing the whole time. She keeps referring to them with their full name so I hear ‘Lord William Giles, and Lady Joyce Giles’ all day. I think she likes calling them by their title. Mind you, it was funny at the christening. James and Amy came. James had agreed to be Godfather to Joy, and I think Halli was terrified when she realised that he was a Prince. She nearly dropped the baby, before handing her over. But you know James, he put her at ease, and was wonderful. He’s brought out a new rule. No curtseying or bowing when holding the baby, you’ll only drop them.

Could I ask, was it reported over there at all? I half expected some word from William, but if it wasn’t in any of the papers that would explain it.
I have just realised. The invite is for Angel and Connor too, if they would like to come.

Must go
Take care,
Buffy






Dear Aunt Elizabeth.
Details as promised. The wedding went off beautifully. Ethan Rayne, an old friend of Rupert’s, stood up with him and Jenny had asked Xander to give her away. The church looked wonderful. The men were all in Morning suits, with top hats, and we all wore long dresses with fascinators in our hair. Although Jenny had been married before, she wanted a long dress, so she chose the most wonderful full length blue dress with a train, then had shoes and a veil dyed to match.

The reception went off Brilliantly , as well, and we danced well into the night before seeing the lucky couple off on honeymoon. There was confetti and rose petals everywhere in the Great Hall, and the castle rang with laughter.

There was no nastiness with William, though I will admit now, I was very worried about seeing him. He brought a date, which I wasn’t very happy about. Her name is Drusilla, and she is his assistant. But Dru insisted that we talked and she confirmed that she wasn’t interested in him that way at all, and could I please introduce her to the nice school teacher she’d seen earlier with all the kids. She says she likes me because I remind her of sunshine. She is definitely different, has a weird way of looking at things, but once I managed to translate what she was saying to me I found that I liked her.

There are a couple of pieces of information:

1) Harmony has been given the heave ho. Seems Dru came home from rehab, found out what had been going on, including the hiding of my messages, changing code words at hotels and even stealing gifts and letters meant for me, and hit the roof. Then proceeded to throw Harmony out on her ear.

2) William came across Halli in the garden with the children the day after the wedding… I suppose I should have been ready for it but I wasn’t. I thought I’d escaped that trap, and he would leave as soon as he could. Seems he wanted one last look around the castle before he drove off and walked straight into Halli and the babies... He heard Halli talking to Billy and came in to find me. Riley found him searching the house for me, and they had words. Which resulted in both of them getting a lecture from Anya about fighting indoors. Anya then found me and shut William and me in the kitchen until we had talked properly.

3) The upshot is that he now knows he’s a dad, and wants to come home. I told him that there was no way that was going to happen. I’m not that stupid. But he begged and pleaded, and promised to be a better man for me. I have said he has until next year and the Princes’ Trust concert to show me he that he is, that he is drug free, and changed and if he does that I will give him a chance to make things right. If he can, all well and good, and he can get visitation rights and that’s it, if he can’t I’ll fight him every inch of the way. I still have the police report when he said he’d never seen me before in his life, as well as the hospital report, dated the same day, stating I was pregnant.. Still thinking with my hormones instead of my brain, I suppose. He said he was furious when he realised that Harmony had hurt me but I’m not sure I believe him yet. I know he was ill but I was so hurt. Seems she’d been telling a lot of lies to him as well as supplying him with whores to keep him occupied. She was slipping drugs into his drinks, completely poisoning his mind and body. He doesn’t even touch whisky now.


We talked until dawn, after it was all over I went for a run and found Riley out running as well. I just sobbed and sobbed on him ‘til Sam found us both. So I ended up sleeping at their cottage the night after the wedding.
I don’t think I could ever trust him again. Not after denying me. I think I could forgive anything but that.
Anyway that’s it for now.

Take care,
Buffy