Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful feedback!! I hope you're all still enjoying this as much I'm enjoying writing it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly

Looking from the doorknob to the bathroom she realised she had two choices. Run and hide or stand and fight. The bed was boxed off, the sofa was in the middle of the room and the only room she could hide in currently had a naked man in it. Naked man it is… She dashed across the room and burst into the bathroom without pausing to knock.

Spike yelled as the door swung open revealing him in all his dripping, naked glory to a wild-eyed rather frightened looking Elizabeth.

“What the bloody hell are you doing woman?”

“There’s – there’s erm – someone here to see you, Mr. Thorndale.” She stood behind the bathroom door, listening for movement in the suite.

“Well, incase you hadn’t noticed they may well see more than they bargained for if I pop out and say hello right this second.” He glanced down and then back up at her.

Buffy, in her mad dash, hadn’t really absorbed her current surroundings until she found her eyes wandering over the planes of the wet, taught, muscular body in front of her.

William smirked as he saw a flush flame up her neck and colour her cheeks a rather charming shade of crimson.

“Will?” Angel called out from the main suite.

“I’ll be right out, mate.”

He stepped towards her. She was so bloody beautiful and she didn’t even have a clue. Her eyes were like saucers now as he leaned into her, effectively pinning her behind the door. Their eyes held as he tilted his head slightly, completely enraptured.

“You’re leaning on my towel, love.”

“Oh.” Leaning so he could reach past her, she inwardly groaned. How dumb am I?

He chuckled, plucking the towel from the back of the door and wrapping it loosely around his waist. “You may as well tidy up now you’re in here.” He winked and stepped out into the suite.

~~~

“Sorry man, didn’t mean to interrupt anything.” Angel was sprawled on the sofa, legs propped up on the pine table, hands laced behind his head.

“You didn’t. Got ourselves a bit of a duff maid is all.” William bit his lip at the thought of Elizabeth in his bathroom, bent over the side of his bath. It was too hot all of a sudden.

“I’m sure I could find something she’s good at if I tried real hard.” Angel laughed loudly at his own joke.

William just shook his head. “Which is why I manage the staff and you don’t.” Padding across the room, he took a bottled water from the mini-fridge and drank it all down. Better.

“Come on Will, lighten up. It’s a candy store out there man, get stuck in! So you diddle the maid? Hell, there’s worth things you could do.”

“You get stuck in enough for the both of us.”

“Only since that Dru chick left you. Once upon a time you were quite the lady killer.”

“Times change. People change.” William gritted his teeth at the unwelcome image of Dru flashing across his mind.

Angel carried on, oblivious to the obvious tension in the room. If Will was content with a stick up his ass then who was he to argue. Besides, all the more women for him, minus the competition.

“I met with Lindsey McDonald last week, that guy from the Imperial Casino in Vegas. He’s invited me out there to check the place out, see if we might like to invest.”

“Well, it is big money but cutting in with someone else?”

“No harm in having a look round though is there, all expenses paid and all that.” Angel smirked.

William snorted. “You mean you’ll be well provided for in terms of female company?”

“The best that money can buy. Even better that it isn’t my money. I’ll only be a couple of days.” He stood, moving to leave.

“Not a problem.” And it really wasn’t. He ran the place pretty much single handed anyway. At least now, he could do so in relative peace. Angel may have had the money but he lacked the brains to do anything worthwhile with it.

“I’ll fill you in when I get back.” Angel sneered, waved and closed the door behind him.

“I really wish you wouldn’t.” William muttered.

~~~

Tears tracked down her face as she huddled on the tiled floor, ear still pressed to the bathroom door. Buffy knew Angel was a rat but to hear him talk so openly about his other women was like a knife sliding into her gut. He didn’t even hide it. William had no idea that Angel had a girlfriend, that much was crystal clear. To everyone else, Angel was this playboy womaniser and he’d been playing her at the same time. She had mentally prepared herself for seeing him with someone else. She had rehearsed what she was going to say a million times but somehow, to hear him bragging like that was so much worse. She’d make him pay twice over for this, of that she was sure. She had been caught off guard and now, she was in a heap on the floor of a millionaire’s bathroom. Tomorrow, she would swear she dreamt it all. But right now, she had to get out of this room and away from this hotel.

“Elizabeth?”

She scrambled to her feet as the door swung open but her foot slipped on the wet tile. Landing hard on her right knee, she cried out in pain, the tears falling once more.

“Oh love, are you ok?” He bent over her, stroking her hair away from her face. The alarm he felt at the sight of her tears scared him as he gripped her waist and lifted her into his arms with little effort. She was as light as a feather.

Carrying her into the suite, he sat her down carefully on the edge of his bed and crouched to take a closer look at her knee. She was sobbing now, more out of emotional release rather than actual pain.

Lightly, he skimmed his fingers over her knee and the surrounding area trying to locate any bumps or bruises. His brow was knitted with concern as he held her leg up with one hand, his other sweeping across her skin… so tanned and so smooth. The muscles in her calf flexed in his palm as she winced and recoiled in pain. He coughed, clearing his throat. “Ice. I’ll get ice.”