Author's Chapter Notes:
Again, thank you so much for all your positive reviews! They are doing wonders for the muse :) The updates may be a little far apart but I'm really enjoying writing this story - and it's all down to you guys! I hope this chapter is as well received as the previous ones :) *hugs*
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly



From behind the bar, William watched Finn sliding his arm around Elizabeth’s shoulder as they talked. Why was she letting him touch her like that? Finn of all people. He was the slimiest, stupidest, smelliest waiter on his books. Smelliest? Bloody hell, I am pissed. Either way, Finn was trouble. And by hell was he going to let him get his grubby paws on Elizabeth. If he couldn’t have her, then Finn wouldn’t be having her either. I mean, what the hell does he have that I don’t? Why does she want him and not me? He knocked back the tequila and hissed through his teeth. I’m gonna go over there and I’m gonna -

A high pitched squeal interrupted his train of thought. “Blondie bear! Where have you been hiding?”

Oh bollocks.


~~~

“Why didn’t you return my calls? I’ve been worried about you.” She stalked towards him, hips swaying, ruby lipstick shining.

I was hoping you’d drop off the face of the earth. “I’ve been rushed off my feet, you know what it’s like.” He ran his fingers through his curls, unfurling them into a fresh bed-head style.

“I thought you had been abducted or murdered or joined a cult or something.” She pouted.

All of those much more appealing options than being here right now. He mumbled under his breath, his eyes rolling skyward.

“I’m just so glad to see that you’re ok baby. I can cross you out of my bad book and put you right back into my boyfriend book.” She winked and slinked around the bar to wind her arms around his neck.

He grabbed them and pushed them back to her sides. “We were never a couple, Harm.”

“But we sure did a lot of… coupling didn’t we baby?” She leaned in towards him, purposely pushing her breasts against his chest.

He couldn’t help but smirk at the memories. She wasn’t a bad bint if she kept her mouth shut for long enough. He curled his tongue behind his teeth and chuckled low. “Yes, I remember it well.”

“That’s settled then. I’m forgiving you. I accept your apology and I am extremely happy that we’re back together. Can we go to bed now?” She slipped her hand between them, cupping his crotch.

~~~

“What is that?” Buffy couldn’t disguise the steely edge of sarcasm.

Xander snorted so hard he almost choked. “That, as you so lovingly refer to her, is Harmony. Quite possibly the longest hangover ever.”

Riley smirked. “No matter what he does, he can’t shake her.”

Buffy watched as the blonde skank made a lunge for William, pressing him against the bar. It was a full on make out session and they didn’t seem too bothered they had an audience. The girls whistled and laughed, evidently in on the secret to. Buffy felt a tightness in her stomach as she saw William wrap himself around her all too willingly.

“He doesn’t seem to be trying to shake her right now.”

Willow laughed. “He’s a man isn’t he? He’s not going to see her off until she’s seen him right.”

Tara caught Buffy’s eye, her expression concerned. Buffy shrugged. “Men huh? All the frickin’ same.” She smiled widely at Riley before draining the last of her beer. “Any chance of another?”

~~~

Buffy couldn’t remember when another had become several others but one thing she was sure of was that she felt good. Someone had piped in some music from somewhere and Buffy was dancing merrily with Riley at the end of the bar. He’d been whispering in her ear how beautiful he thought she was and along with the beer, these compliments had gone right to her head. Yes, she was a good looking woman, yes, she deserved a man who knew how to treat her right. Riley snaked his arms round her waist, pulling her closer, grinding his erection against her hip.

“You are something, Elizabeth.” He whispered hotly in her ear.

She put her hands against his chest, backing him up slightly. “Thank you, but Mr. Finn, this is just a dance.” Flirty but firm. Back off.

“Oh, I could dance with you all night.” He made another grab for her, locking his arms round her back this time so she had no space to manoeuvre.

Giggling, she pulled away, excusing herself to go to the ladies room. Geez, grabby much? He leered after her, watching her walk away. Why do men always have to get drunk and go too far? Sure, she liked Riley but for him to assume she was easy was just downright insulting. Don’t wanna go blowing the plan now do I? She would go back in, say goodbye to the girls and make a swift exit before she ended up giving Riley a swift kick. Hiccuping lightly, she wondered how she’d got drunk so fast. Surely she couldn’t have had that much. Leaning over the sink in the ladies, she swilled her face in an attempt to bring the room back into focus. She didn’t notice the door swing open behind her.

“Well hello there kitten…” William appeared at her shoulder in the mirror.

“Elizabeth. My name is Elizabeth.” Her back had automatically tensed at his closeness. She could easily brush off Riley but would she be able to dismiss William as easily? His aftershave mingled with the smell of tobacco and alcohol was a heady scent. His presence was enough to send the room on another westward spiral. Trying her best to level with his gaze in the mirror, she gave him her best stony stare.

“I must say, you and Finn make a stunning couple.” He poked his tongue at her, something he wouldn’t have done in a sober state of mind.

“Wish I could say the same about you and your skank.”

“Kitten has claws…”

She swirled to face him, witty retort at the ready. Instead, she found herself captured by his ice blue eyes. He was so close that his breath warmed her cheek. He was breathing hard, his hands reaching out to grab her forearms.

“Tell me I’m not crazy.”

She swallowed hard. Unable to move but unable to look away. What a beautiful man… Suddenly, his face blurred as she felt her legs weaken beneath her. The room faded to black.