Author's Chapter Notes:
As i warned, not much plot, just lots of Spuffyness.
Chapter 10

One week later


“Well, I think I’ve fixed the Initiative problem,” Buffy announced as she walked into Giles’ apartment.

Her Watcher and friends looked up and raised their eyebrows in inquiry.

“Yes? And how did you do that?” Giles asked with a worried frown.

“I ran into Riley and his unit on campus and they tried to take me to Professor Walsh for ‘evaluation’ of my strength.”

“Good Lord! Did you...?”

“Relax, Giles. I just gave them a chance to ‘evaluate’ my strength themselves.” She smiled slightly and added, “ And my speed, and my reflexes, and my punches and my ki—“

“I think we’re getting the picture, Buff,” said Xander, wincing in sympathy for the commandos. “So, you think they’re gonna leave you alone now?”

“If they know what’s good for them, they will.” The rumbling growl from the doorway took the attention off Buffy as they all whirled around to see Spike entering the room.

The vampire paused just inside the door and asked quietly, “Is it all right if I come in?”

Giles started to stammer out an answer, then stopped as Spike interrupted, “Wasn’t talkin’ to you, Watcher.” His words were for the other man, but his eyes never left the petite blonde girl frozen across the room from him.

Buffy knew her heart was pounding as she drank in the lanky, muscular body by the door. She met his questioning eyes and smiled briefly.

“Come in, Spike. It’s fine.”

“You sure, Slayer?” Even as he ran his eyes over her, looking for signs of damage from her fight with the commandos, he remained where he was until she moved toward him and gently put her hand on his arm.

“I’m sure. It’s okay. I promise.”

With an audible sigh of relief, he relaxed and moved closer to her. Just before he reached down to kiss her uplifted face, he remembered where they were and stopped himself. He straightened up and squeezed her hand gently as he said, “Well, that’s good then, love. So, we’re good?”

“Yeah, Spike,” she said softly, “We’re good.”

“What the hell is going on here?” Xander looked at the other Scoobies for an explanation of the unusual behavior the two blonds were demonstrating.

Giles cleared his throat and asked, “Buffy? Does this have anything to do with what we were talking about yesterday?” He fixed her with a hard eye and she thought she saw the Ripper for a second.

“Uh, yeah...yes, it does. Maybe we should....?” She looked at the other young people in the room and raised her eyebrows at her Watcher.

“Oh no, you don’t!” Willow put on her resolve face and stood up. “You are not kicking us out of here. We want to know too.”

“Guys, I know you’re curious, but this is something – something Slayery. It involves Slayers and...you know, vampires....and...and...”

“And that’s all you need to know right now.” Giles spoke firmly as he ushered them toward the door, ignoring their protests.

When the room was quiet again, he turned to his surrogate daughter and the master vampire standing much closer to her than he would have liked.

“Now then. I want an explanation, and I want it now.”

(Yep, that’s Ripper all right. I hope he doesn’t have any stakes hidden around the room. Maybe Spike should stay near the door...)

Buffy and Spike looked at each other, shrugged in unison and asked, “What do you want to know?”

Crossing his arms and fixing Buffy with a stern glare, he said, “I want to know why I had to spend much of the last two days researching vampire claiming rituals.” He shot a vicious look at Spike before adding, “And I want to know why Buffy has been wearing turtleneck shirts all week – in spite of the unusually warm temperatures.”

Buffy gulped audibly as the vampire slid behind her and rested his hands lightly on her shoulders.

“I think you already know the answer to that, Rupert,” he said quietly.

As quickly as he’d arrived, the Ripper was gone and a worried middle-aged man was sinking into a chair, shaking his head.

“I was hoping I was wrong.” He lifted his head to look at the two super beings facing him and asked softly, “How did this happen?” He looked at Buffy pleadingly and begged, “How could you let this happen? You know what he is.”

Buffy felt Spike’s hands tighten on her shoulders as Giles shook his head in despair.

“Giles....I didn’t let it happen. I...I caused it. I didn’t mean to and I didn’t know what it was.” She gave her Watcher a guilty smile and she admitted, “I didn’t really pay any attention when you were trying to teach me about vampire lore and their rituals. I didn’t think I needed to know that stuff. All I ever needed to know was the best way to kill things.”

Her watcher sent another cold look toward the vampire. “And your excuse for this inexcusable behavior?” He continued to fix Spike with a hard stare.

To his amazement, the vampire lowered his head in obvious shame and regret.

“Don’t have an excuse Watcher. Jus’ lost control and bit her. Didn’t mean to bite her, didn’t realize I was claiming her until it was too late. I’m sorry,” he added so softly Giles wasn’t sure if he’d really heard him.

(William the Bloody is sorry for biting a Slayer? I don’t think I have enough Scotch to make that one go down!)

He looked back and forth between the miserable vampire and the Slayer who was stroking his hands and whispering to him soothingly. He listened to her for a minute and was shocked at what he heard.

“I thought we were past this, Spike.” As she spoke, Buffy turned around and ran her hands up and down his arms gently. “It’s fixed, remember? We’re okay now. I’m not....not claimed anymore.”

She felt him wince as she said that, and before he could pull away from her she leaned in and whispered in his ear, “But I am still yours.”

Giles watched as the vampire’s head shot up and he stared into Buffy’s eyes, hope and fear battling on his face. The Watcher wondered uncomfortably what Buffy had said to him to get that reaction, but decided to concentrate on what he’d actually heard.

“Ahem,” he cleared his throat to bring their attention back to him. “If I have overheard you correctly, Buffy, you were claimed, but now you are not? How is that possible. I understood claims were quite...binding.” He looked at the vampire for an explanation.

“I told you, the claim was an accident. I didn’t mean to do it. I didn’t tell her it was happening, and she never accepted it or returned it. All we had to do was stay apart for a little while and let it wear off.”

“Ah, I suppose that explains why we haven’t had the dubious pleasure of your company for the past several days?”

“Yeah,” Spike said gruffly. “I left Sunnydale for a little while. Jus’ long enough to let her...”

Buffy broke in firmly, “Just long enough that I could be sure that anything I feel for Spike is real and not a result of the claim.” She looked at her Watcher’s horrified face defiantly.

“And,” Giles shut his eyes for a moment as he tried to calm himself, “what exactly is it that you think you feel for THIS vampire?”

Buffy winced mentally as she remembered what had happened to his Jenny the last time she was involved with a vampire. Then she reminded herself that Spike didn’t have a soul to lose and that he was nothing like Angel.

“Giles,” she said gently, “Spike has no soul to lose. He isn’t going to hurt me – or anyone else. Even if he would, “ she shot a quick look at the glowering vampire, “he can’t because of the chip. No one is in danger this time.”

“Losing the chip would be just like Angel losing his soul, Buffy. It could happen at any time.”

“Won’t lose MY soul, Watcher,” the vampire growled as he put his arms around Buffy. “Claim or no claim, my soul is right here.” He pulled the willing girl against his chest and stared over her head at the older man.

Giles studied them carefully for several minutes, then sighed and relaxed back into the chair.

“I hope you know what you’re doing, Buffy. I can’t say I approve of this...relationship; but I know better than to argue about it. Just be careful. Please,” he concluded with a sigh.

“We’ll be fine, Giles. I promise.” She turned to the man holding her and said, “Let me run to the bathroom and then we can go, OK?”

“Okay,” he said nuzzling her neck. “Don’t be long, love,” he whispered into her ear as he pressed the reason for his urgency against her ass.

As soon as Buffy was out of the room, Giles whirled on Spike and the Ripper was once more in residence.

“The only reason I’m not staking you right now, is because you let that claim lapse. You had no right—“

“Know that, Rupert. Why do you think I let it go? I want her – make no mistake about that. But I want the whole package – not a thralled slave who wouldn’t want to be with me if she had a choice. She’ll either love me back or she won’t. It’s up to her.”

“If you ever...” the Watcher began in a growl that would have done credit to a vampire.

“Never. I will never hurt her. If I do, I’ll hand you the stake myself.”

“What about the biting?”

“That’s her call – not yours. I can love her without biting her. She knows that.”

The two men stared at each other in silence. One doing his best to look intimidating and the other doing his best to appear harmless. The staring contest ended with Buffy’s cheery, “Okay. Let’s go Spike. We have...things to do...evil to fight...demons to kill. Bye, Giles!”

She grabbed Spike’s arm and pulled him out of the apartment; not waiting to see if her Watcher had anything else he wanted to say to her.
Epilogue


They made it as far as the patio outside the apartment before he stopped her with a yank and pulled her into his arms. The kiss they both had been desperate for began with a hungry clash of lips and tongues. Noses, teeth, chins – all were unimportant features to be ignored or bumped out of the way if necessary in order that lips could move around as desired. Tongues probed and twirled, tangled and untangled, sucked and were sucked on. Lips were smashed together, pulled on and bitten. A week’s worth of passion denied exploded into fierce kisses that would have injured ordinary people.

Eventually, they fell into a sweet rhythm and the kisses became gentler and more erotic as their initial hunger was somewhat appeased. As the kisses became the sensuous, bone-melting ones she was used to from the vampire, Buffy began to recognize other parts of her body and found that she was straddling one of Spikes legs. His muscular thigh was pressed up against her crotch and she was rubbing herself against it, her wetness soaking through her underwear to his denim covered leg. She was wrapped in his leather coat, which he held in place as he kept his arms around her body.

The feel of her heated dampness on his leg and the smell of her arousal had the vampire growling softly as he pushed his thigh against her.

“That’s it, love. Use me. Come for me, sweetheart. Show me how much you missed me, Buffy.”

Heedless of where they were standing, or who might be watching, Buffy ground her pelvis into his leg until she felt the waves of sensation take over and she collapsed in his arms, shuddering with the aftereffects of her release. She slid the leg she had wrapped around his thigh down slowly and tried to stand up.

He grinned at her rubbery legs and breathed in the heady scent of her juices as he held her close to his chest and rubbed her back.

“So, I take you did miss me?” he breathed into her neck.

“A little, maybe.” She smiled up at him, then rested her head on his chest and slid her arms around his waist. She could feel his desire for her pressing into her stomach and she reluctantly pushed herself out of his embrace to reach down and stroke him through his jeans.

He hissed his pleasure and pushed his hips into her hand. He groaned as she unzipped his pants and slid her warm hand inside to grasp the velvet hardness in there. He tried to get her to stop, saying, “Not here, love. Let’s go somewhere....”

“Shhh,” she said as she slid down his body. “Put your coat around me again.”

The vampire groaned again as he realized what she was planning and he braced his back against the shadowed wall as he enveloped her in dark leather. When her warm mouth covered the head of his cock, he gasped and almost came right then. Her unskilled, but enthusiastic attentions soon had him babbling and clutching the wall with his free hand as he exploded and pumped into her mouth.

It was his turn to sag against the wall on rubbery legs as she looked up at him with satisfaction and asked, “So, was that okay then? Did I do it right?” She licked her lips which had traces of him still on them and he became hard again almost immediately at the sight.

“God, yes, love. Any more right and I would have awakened your Watcher’s neighbors.”

Five minutes of movement at super speed had them back in the old apartment building and running up the stairs, stopping every few steps to exchange hungry kisses and caresses. Finally they were pushing open the door to Spike’s apartment and pulling at each other’s clothes as they staggered toward the bedroom together. In a replay of their time in Xander’s basement, Spike backed toward the bed pulling the willing Slayer he was kissing with him. When his knees hit the edge of the mattress he fell backwards and Buffy landed on top of him.

“Oof! Slayer. Watch those knees! You almost removed somethin’ you might be wanting in a few minutes.”

Her only response was to squirm further up his body until she could look him in the eye as she said seriously, “No Slayer. No vampire. Just Buffy and Spike.”

“I can do that, pet. I can make love to Buffy.” He pushed a piece of hair behind her ear and stroked her face.

(Want to ask her if Buffy can love Spike, but I guess I’d best leave that alone. It’s enough that she’s here and admits to feelin’ something.)

“Good,” she replied as she fastened her lips on his and coaxed his tongue into her mouth. She could feel his erection pressing into her hip and shifted slightly so that it was between her thighs and nudging at her entrance. She captured his cool length between her muscular legs and squeezed gently. His muffled groan made her smile and she slid her mouth down to his chest and began sucking gently on one nipple.

“Want you, love. Want you now. Can’t wait. Let me in, Buffy. Please, love, please.”

His whispered pleas in her ear sent a thrill all the way from her ear to where he was rubbing his cock against her and she willingly released him from the grip she had and allowed him to push against her opening. He moved his hips gently and pushed into her slowly.

As her wet warmth swallowed up his throbbing cock, Buffy moaned and nibbled on his ear lobe. When he was finally filling her perfectly, she whispered,
“I missed this, Spike. I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Buffy. Was the longest week on my life, love. Never want to be without you that long again. Never.”

As he murmured into her neck, his mouth brushed against the scar from his bite and she shivered and gasped. They both froze when they felt her reaction.

“Wha- what does that mean, Spike? Why did just touching my scar with your lips make me...all...tingly?” She tried to keep the fear from her voice, but he could feel her trembling and he rested his forehead against hers as he tried to come up with an answer.

“I don’t know, love...” When she snorted and tried to push herself off, he grabbed her hands and held them tightly.

“I don’t, Buffy!” The fear in his voice made her stop struggling while he continued. “I don’t know why. Maybe just because...because there was a claim and it’s just...I don’t know, love. I don’t feel any different. I’m not feeling any more pull toward you than I ... than I usually do. Which is pretty powerful all by itself,” he added with a small smile.

“Do it again,” she demanded softly.

He eyed her carefully before obediently running his tongue over the scar. Once again, a shiver went through her whole body and she unconsciously tightened her muscles around him. Spike’s hips shot up and he gave a strangled yelp as he felt her clench around him.

“So....maybe we can sort of...kinda...get the same sort of...of...feeling without actual biting? Do you think so?”

“Dunno, love; but I’m willin’ if you are. I’ll just have to be real careful what I’m saying and thinking.”

They had fallen into an easy, familiar rhythm while they were talking; a rhythm that was quickly building toward another pounding conclusion. As Buffy’s whimpers and moans turned to gasping and panting, she put her mouth on Spike’s neck and sucked on the skin there.

The vampire felt himself approaching his release and fastened his mouth over the scars, growling and thrusting into her. He deliberately pushed down the urge to tell her he loved her as he pulled on his mark. He wanted to take no chances that the claim would be reactivated.

As soon as he began pulling on the scars, Buffy felt herself shattering into pieces and she clutched him hard as she screamed into his neck in ecstasy. When Spike felt her muffled scream on his throat, he roared and pumped into her, never taking his mouth off the bite marks until they were both lying still and panting for air.

“Wow,” Buffy gasped out. “That was...wow.”

“I’ll see your ‘wow’ and raise you a ‘bloody hell’, “ he muttered, his chest rising and falling with totally unnecessary gulps of air.

He kept her tightly wrapped in his arms as he shifted her off and to the side so that he could see her face.

“Are we still okay?” he asked with more than a little concern.

“I think so. I don’t feel any of those spooky, can’t-stay-away-from-you feelings this time.”

“Well, that’s good then,” he said in a flat tone of voice. “Can’t have the slayer having feelings for a vampire.”

Buffy reached up and grabbed his chin, turning his head to look at her directly.

“I HAVE feelings. Feelings are good. It’s magical, can’t-control-what-I’m-doing feelings that are wrong. I can’t let anything get in the way of my duty. Even you.”

“I know, pet,” he sighed as he stroked the side of her face gently. “I wouldn’t expect you to. Hell, I wouldn’t want you to. The way you meet your obligations is part of what makes you who you are. You’re Buffy, but you’re also the Slayer. I love both of you; jus’ know I have to be a little careful around the Slayer. Bloodthirsty little bint that she is...” His smile took the sting out of his words and she leaned into his hand as she answered.

“And I know the Slayer has to be careful around the demon. If she bites him, he bites back.” She smiled up at him shyly. “And I don’t want to do anything that would make you have to go away again.”

“Not goin’ anywhere, love. You’re stuck with me till you dust me.”

“Don’t wanna dust you...” she said, running her hand down his chisled torso and tangling her fingers in the soft curls at the bottom of his abdomen.

“What do you want , love?” he rumbled as his cock sprang back into action.

She stroked him until he was thrusting his hips up and hissing with pleasure; then she climbed on top of him and lowered herself slowly on to his eager cock, throwing her head back and reveling in the sensation. Suddenly she brought her head forward and stared down at him intently.

“I want to be your girl. Not because your demon thinks he owns me, but because William – no, Spike, wants Buffy. I want you to love me.” She dropped her head down onto his chest and began licking his nipples. “Tell me you love me, Spike,” she breathed onto his skin.

Spike had to fight back unmanly tears again as she whispered her request onto his chest.

(She’s turning me into William. Sod it all! I’m turnin’ right back into that ponce.)

He put his arms around her tightly and even as he began thrusting in and out of her, he was whispering in her ear, telling her she was his golden goddess, his queen, the love of his life. He almost let the word “effulgent” slip out, but bit his tongue on that one.

“I love you, Buffy. More than you can imagine. I will never leave you. Will love you forever, if you let me.”

He carefully rolled them over so that he was looking down into those amazing green eyes, which stared back at him tremulously. Buffy felt the look he gave her down to her soul. There was no way to deny the truth of what he was saying. He loved her. She could see it, she could feel it and it filled her with peace and warmth.

“’K, then,” she smiled and closed her eyes as his tongue once again laved the bite marks on her neck, increasing the already body-shaking sensations he was creating inside her.

The urge to sink his fangs into her throat and re-instate his claim was almost overwhelming. As though she could read his mind, Buffy murmured to him as she pulled him closer, “Someday, my love. Someday. But not today.”

“Not today,” he agreed and moved up to capture her lips with his.

(Someday. She said someday. I can wait.)

The End.