Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the late update...i've been work 13 to 16 hours a day three to four times a week so i dont really have any time to do anything. soooo sorry...i'm trying as hard as i can to get these done for you guys. i really hope you like it and please review it means a lot to me!!! thanks

PLEASE READ: i'm looking for someone that is willing to make a banner for this story and my other WIP's...if you would like to please e-mail me. Thank you!!

e-mail: baby_gurl829@hotmail.com
Chapter 10: Nightmares

Buffy had been back at school for a week now with Willow’s help and was starting to get back into things. She sat in class completely lost in thought and not paying any attention to the teacher’s ramblings. She broke out of her musings when the bell rang for the end of school. She slowly gathered her things and headed home.

Willow waited by Buffy’s locker, looking for her to come out of her classroom. She saw her come out and called for her. “Buffy!” When the blonde didn’t acknowledge her, she ran to catch up with her. Willow observed as she walked across the courtyard and headed in the direction of her home.

The red head stopped and decided that she’d give her a call later to find out why she just left.

* * * * *

All throughout dinner, Buffy was quite and she barely ate what was on her plate. Her dream from the night before was still plaguing her mind. The man seemed so familiar, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. Her dream was starting to fade from her mind, and all she remembered was she knew this man well…whether it was romantically or through her slaying she wasn’t sure.

After dinner Buffy headed up to her room, and changed into her yoga pants and a zip up sweater and snuck out her room and down the tree. She decided to go for a nice long walk to clear her head and maybe practice a little slaying on the fledglings.

The small blonde walked around town until the sun went down then made her way to the cemetery. She weaved through the tombstones twirling her stake in one hand. She felt the tingling on the back of her neck and her head shot up to look around the open area. The slayer heard a rustling in the bushes and crept towards them to check it out. Buffy felt a gust of wind behind her blowing her blonde locks about her face. She whipped around and noticed a black figure walking behind a crypt in the distance. Her instincts told her not to follow, but curiosity got the best of her. Cautiously, she followed the path the figure took, and walked around the corner of the crypt; there was no one there. Buffy turned around and looked behind her…no one. When she turned back around Said figure was standing right in front of her. She let out a startled gasp when she noticed him, and her eyes widened in shock when she realized he was the man from her dreams…or nightmares.

“It’s you…” she found herself whispering in awe.

“Yeah…it’s me.” The man smirked, a look of evil crossing his face.

* * * * *

Katya watched the scene play out from behind a tree and smiled in delight at the look of shock and fear written all over the slayer’s face. When she first saw her walking through the cemetery she was stunned to say the least. Angelus had promised her dead, and to see her alive and well was a bit of a downer. Now she watched as she practically shook with terror.

* * * * *

Spike stood outside Buffy’s bedroom window, wondering if she was sleeping or not. With the mess of Angelus trying to kill her, slipping into a coma and trying to re-train her, Spike had totally forgotten to tell her about the little vampire girl that threatened her life. She had yet to come around again, probably plotting something and waiting until they least expected it. He thought it would be best to tell her sooner rather than later.

So here he was standing in her front yard beside the big tree. He looked up, scaling the tree, and effortlessly started climbing. He jumped up onto her roof, and tapped on her window. Nothing. He tapped again…harder this time. Nothing. She must out like a light. He noticed that the window wasn’t locked and opened it. Spike soundlessly stepped through the window, and looked around the room. He quietly walked towards the bed, and saw that it was stuffed with pillows to make it look like she was still in had, if her mother were to check up on her.

He cursed as he made his way out of her room, and jumped down to the ground and sniffed out the air, preparing himself for tracking her down. Spike inhaled deeply, and made a left down her street towards town.

He followed her scent all around town, trying to find her and so far was getting nowhere. But he wasn’t ready to give up now. She wasn’t suppose to be wandering about at night without anyone, especially since she was well trained enough to fight on her own, and because she doesn’t remember who her enemies are or what they look like. After another fifteen minutes of searching, he finally tracked her scent to the cemetery. I told her not to bloody come here alone! Spike found her scent getting stronger and stronger until he turned the corner of a crypt to find Buffy with her back to him, and Angelus standing in front of her.

Without waiting a second longer, Spike ran over and stepped in front of Buffy, giving the slayer some distance from the dangerous vampire. “Stay the bloody hell away from her, you ponce!” Spike snarled menacingly.

Angelus laughed in his face, “Coming to the slayer’s rescue again?” he sobered up quickly. “I think it’s pathetic. You used to be a vampire Spike…what the hell happened to you?”

“And you used to fight for the good…” Spike shot back.

“Yeah…until blondie fucked the soul right out of me. And here I am.” Angelus concluded, raising his arms to his sides.

Without missing a beat, Spike punched the brunette vampire in the face, knocking him back a little.

Angelus laughed again. “Aww…” his cooed mockingly. “Fighting for honor, are you?”

“That…” Spike threw another punch, harder this time, making him stumble back farther. “And also for the pleasure beating the bloody shit out of you.” With that, the platinum blonde kicked Angelus in the chest, and watched him fly back ten feet.

Buffy watched all this, not knowing what to say. She hid behind Spike during their fight, still not sure what was going on. When the man from her nightmares flew backwards, all she wanted to do was go home, and get away from whatever was going on.

In a panic she ran away towards her house, not even stopping when Spike shouted out her name.

Spike watched as she ran out of the cemetery like hell was nipping at her heels. Spike booked it after her, knowing she was going to her house.


A/N: please review!!!!