Author's Chapter Notes:
yay i'm soo happy i have finally updated all my stories! hope you enjoy! and please review!
Chapter 3: I Told You So

Katya burst in through the mansion’s door, and made her way into the living area. There she saw Angelus sitting by the fireplace reading a book. Without lifting his eyes off the page he said in a singsong voice. “I told you so.” He smirked, and closed the book, and stood up. “Buffy and her little gang of warriors found you out didn’t they?” The vampire asked with a smug tone.

“I was so fucking close! I was inches from her neck when that stupid bleached Billy Idol wannabe vampire tackled me to the ground! ARGGH, I could be drinking from the slayer’s neck right now if it wasn’t for him.” She kicked the leg of a table and broke it causing the table to collapse. “FUCK!”

“Hey!” Angelus said sternly. “Now what did I say about young girls like you using such foul language?” he taunted, trying to keep a straight face.

Completely ignoring his comment, Katya turned to him. “There has to be another way.”

Angelus got an evil gleam in his eyes and a wicked smirk grew on his face. “Oh there is…and I know just how to do it.”

* * * * *

Spike, Buffy and the rest of the gang sat around in the kitchen in silence, processing what had happened earlier.

“She was so young…she couldn’t be a vampire.” Xander stated naively.

“It doesn’t matter how old she was…that’s what she was I could smell it.” Spike insisted with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Who would do that? Kill a little girl and turn her into a vampire?” Xander continued to ask to no one in particular.

“Another vampire, maybe.” Willow said, her voice full of sarcasm. “They’re evil remember? They don’t care how old you are…the younger the better.”

Giles snatched his glasses of his face and proceeded to clean them with the cloth he pulled out of his coat pocket. “What I don’t understand is where she came from. She seemed to have popped up out of nowhere. Spike you haven’t heard anything in the demon world about a child vampire, did you?” he asked glancing up at his fellow Englishman.

“Nope…nothing. And even if rumors were going around, nobody tells me anything anymore. Too afraid I’m gonna leak it to blondie over here, and blow their cover.” Spike declared nodding his head towards Buffy.

It was silent for a few seconds before Buffy finally spoke up. “She didn’t pop up out of the blue. She’s working for someone. I don’t know who but she couldn’t possibly think she could take me down on her own.”

“Maybe she’s working for Angelus.” Oz suggested.

“No…Angelus would want to kill her on his own. He wouldn’t send someone else to do it.” Xander dismissed with a wave of his hand.

“Unless he didn’t think she could do it in the first place.” Spike concluded with a thoughtful frown.

Buffy glanced at him, and furrowed her brow. “What do you mean?”

“I mean…maybe Angelus knew that this vampire couldn’t kill you on her own, and was just messing around with her. Angelus is a sick bastard and his torture isn’t only limited to humans. She failed and he knew she would. He challenged her to a mission he knew she couldn’t complete.” Spike smiled almost fondly. “That bloody ponce. He’s done it to me more than once.”

“So what do we do now?” Willow asked with worry etched on her face.
“Right now, all we can really do is wait until he makes another move. Sit tight…get prepared. We’ll have to do a dis-invite spell on Katie-if that’s even her real name-and make sure that all of our houses are secured…maybe do some kind of magic protection thingy. Willow…are you up for it?” Buffy asked turning to her red headed friend.

“Oh yeah! For sure…I’ll start right now.” Willow left the kitchen and headed into the living room to grab the spell book.

“Great. Spike…we can start training in the basement.” At his nod, Buffy continued. “Xander, Oz, Giles…” she trailed off with a sorry frown.

“Research. Got it.” Xander said reluctantly. The others nodded, Oz indifferently, and Giles enthusiastically.

“Anything you can find on a vampire turned as a child. Um, cross-reference that with Russia.” At the weird looks that she got from everyone in the room, she clarified. “Her name…and her parents’ name. Sasha and Tatyana Dushkov? Those are as Russian as they come. Maybe something will come up.” Spinning around she turned to Spike. “Let’s go.”

Buffy and Spike walked down to the basement, and Xander, Oz, and Giles headed into the living room, passing Willow who was chanting by the door.

* * * * *

Buffy grunted as she threw punch after Spike at Spike and he blocked each one with ease.

“Come on now, slayer. You’re off your game.” Spike announced.

“I…know!” Buffy admitted, having yet another punch blocked. She sighed loudly and collapsed on the cot against the wall. “I don’t know why but I can’t seem to get in the zone right now.”

Spike sat down next to her and glanced at her with her head in her hands. “Well you better start getting in the zone bloody soon because the scariest thing that you’ll ever come up against is planning to kill you right now.” Buffy glanced up at him, with a look of defeat clear on her face. “Your ex-boyfriend is your worst enemy. And I know that it’s hard…but you have to fight. You have to beat him. So get up…shake it off…and throw a soddin’ descent punch at me!”

Buffy stood up and shook out her arms taking a deep breath. Spike stood up as well and while he was turning to face the blonde, a hard fist was flying at his nose. “Arrgh!” Spike stumbled back, falling to the floor and brought his hand to his now bleeding nose. “Bloody hell.” She grunted under his breath.

Buffy chuckled at him on the ground. “That decent enough for you?”

Spike stood up and wiped his nose. A smirk grew on his face and he strode over to her. “Keep ‘em comin’ Slayer.” The two fell into a dance that looked almost choreographed. It was a blur of punches and kicks, spins and turns.

Buffy couldn’t help but notice how sexy Spike looked when he fought. He moved his body like a feline, graceful and elegant. Never once did he look sloppy or amateur. Stop Buffy! You’re going to lose your concentration. Why are you thinking of Spike that way anyway? Buffy thought to herself. What? You’re just complimenting his fighting skills. another part of her argued. Oh yeah? And what part of his fighting skills includes his sexiness?

Buffy stopped her mind ramblings and keep her mind focused on the fight.

* * * * *

Angelus glared at the short old man in the back room of Willie’s bar. “And you’re sure this is going to work?”

“I’m a-a-absolutely p-positive.” The old man stuttered, fear plain on his face.

“That s-s-s-stutter…isn’t very reassuring.” Angelus mocked at first then turned stern, and stepped closer to him.

“I’m sure.” The man said with more confidence.

“Good. I’d hate to have to kill you for being dishonest.” Angelus stated slipping the piece of paper into his back pocket.

The old man visibly relaxed, his shoulders dropping with relief. It was short lived when Angelus grabbed the side of his head in his palms, and twisted is sharply to the right.

He collapsed to the ground in a heap, and the vampire looked down at the dead body with a tilt of his head and an evil grin. “But…I’m not opposed to it.”

Angelus turned around and walked out of the bar, and into the night. “Now…it’s dinner time. I think I’m in the mood for take out.” The vampire headed towards the Bronze for some hot-blooded teenagers to suck dry.