Author's Chapter Notes:
thank you everyone for reviewing...here's a present...chapter 4!
A/N: heeeey! i really wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been reading my stories and reviewing regularily. I really do appreciate it and love hearing your opinions. I know that it took me a long time to update a while back...but now i'm in the swing of things again and i should be updating either daily or every other day...maybe every three days if i'm really busy. I'm really starting to get into this story now and it has become my baby...my other baby grew up so i had to start a new one lol. thanks again and please review!






Chapter 4: Changes


Buffy twirled her stake with her fingers while she patrolled the east side of the large cemetery. Spike was patrolling the west side, and the back streets around the edge of the cemetery grounds.

Buffy turned around the corner of a crypt and looked up when she saw a figure stumbling through the tombstones…clutching at its chest.

Acting on instinct, Buffy ran towards to help and came to a sudden stop when she realized who it was. Angelus. She thought to herself with disgust.

Angelus dropped unceremoniously to the grass; looking drained and nothing like the brutally evil vampire that has been haunting her.

The vampire breathed heavily despite how unnecessary it was; his head hung gazing blankly at the ground. Slowly he lifted his head up and stared at Buffy with stunned eyes. “Buffy?” His voice was soft, and gently…barely heard by the blonde slayer. “Oh God Buffy…”

Buffy’s eyes widened with clarity. “Angel?” She stood there shocked, that the love of her life was kneeling in front of her…tears falling freely from his eyes.

“I’m so sorry, Buffy. I’m so sorry…I didn’t mean to…”Angel trailed off burying his head in his hands. He continued to mumble and ramble on until Buffy crouched down in front of him.

“Angel…it’s okay come on. Stand up.” The slayer pulled the distraught vampire to his feet and brought him into a nearby crypt.

She sat him down on the sarcophagus and checked him for injuries cautiously. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

“No.” his voice was just above a whisper.

When Buffy finished checking him, and looking him over she gazed at him amazed. “How did this happen?”

“I don’t know…I-I…Angelus was fighting a wizard and then all of a sudden he started chanting and t-there was this light. I felt wiped…but Buffy…my soul, it’s back.” Angel explained his deep brown eyes appearing to be so sincere. He reached for her arm, and held it gently in his grip to grab her attention. “Whatever I did as Angelus…I’m sorry. You know I would never hurt you.”

“I know Angel…but you did.” She pulled his hand off her arm and turned away from him and walked to the other side of the crypt, putting distance between them. She never thought that this could happen.

Angel getting soul back? I didn’t even know there were Gypsies in Sunnydale. Buffy thought to herself. As it said in the ancient volumes on Angelus: Gypsies performed the curse on Angelus and only they know they incantation to re-ensoul him. So how did a lowly wizard know the incantation?

Buffy quickly whipped around only to find Angel standing right in front of her. She gasped and placed a hand to her heart. “Geez Angel, don’t do that. You scared me.”

“Really? Well that’s always good.” The vampire said with a small smirk growing on his lips.

Buffy frowned at him, and backed away as he moved closer. Her back hit the wall and she was trapped. “You lied…” she whispered trying hard to suppress the tears coming to her eyes.

“It’s what I do best. And the Oscar goes to…!” Angelus stated dramatically; a big grin on his face. “Damn Buff…you really are as naïve as I thought. Thinking that your boy toy was back, and you’d finally have that all consuming, passion-filled love you’ve been longing for.” Angelus laughed condescendingly. “And even if he was back…you think he would go back to you…after that last night?” the vampire asked cruelly whispering it in her ear.

Buffy was shaking with fear, anger, and heartache. She tried not to cry…not to let him see her vulnerable, or anymore vulnerable than he’s already seen her.

Trying to salvage what was left of her dignity, Buffy straightened her back and tilted her head up to look at him. “If it was so bad…how come he had his true moment of happiness? Not as sharp as you use to be, are you Angelus?” the blonde slayer questioned with snide lacing her words.

Buffy gave him a quick shove, and Angelus swiftly grabbed her arms and twisted her around, crossing her limbs over her chest, and pulling her back flush to the front of his body. He pulled on both of her wrists, making it hard for her to breath, as she struggled hard to get free.

“Ooh…I love it when they squirm.” He said chuckling when Buffy immediately stopped. “What? Don’t want to please daddy?”

“You’re disgusting!” Buffy spat, wishing hard for Spike to come and help her.

Angelus squeezed her around her ribcage, a crack being heard in the empty crypt, followed by a short cry or pain from Buffy’s throat.

“Yeah I am,” he whispered in her ear. “And I’m sure you’re delicious.” He declared lowering his head to the supple flesh of her tanned neck. His bones shifted, and fangs elongated.

Finally… the brunette vampire thought to himself before piercing her throat with his fangs, and taking the first deep pull of Slayer’s blood.







A/N: I’m sorry I had to leave it at that…I got to keep you guys interested somehow. Lol. Please review!!! Love you all. *Muah*