Chapter 5: Déjà Vu

“You’re disgusting!” Buffy spat, wishing hard for Spike to come and help her.

Angelus squeezed her around her ribcage, a crack being heard in the empty crypt, followed by a short cry or pain from Buffy’s throat. “Yeah I am,” he whispered in her ear. “And I’m sure you’re delicious.” He declared lowering his head to the supple flesh of her tanned neck. His bones shifted, and fangs elongated.

Finally… the brunette vampire thought to himself before piercing her throat with his fangs, and taking the first deep pull of Slayer’s blood.

Buffy’s body tensed when she felt Angelus’ fangs penetrate the skin on her neck, and a silent scream tore from her throat, her eyes tightly closed as she waited for death to come. Angelus pulled harder from her neck squeezing her harder, wringing as much of her blood out of her body at once as he could. He glanced up when the door of the crypt burst open and struck the cement wall with a loud bang.

Dropping Buffy’s lifeless body to the ground with a thump, he confronted the intruder with a bloody smile. “Spike…it’s nice seeing you again. Come to save the slayer? Well you’re a little late.” He stated using his boot-covered foot to roll the blonde over to reveal her pale face.

Spike glanced down at Buffy with a shocked look. There was no way that he’d leave her here dead or not. Taking a moment to glare at Angelus, Spike rushed towards the slayer lifted her deftly and swiftly into his arms and ran out of the crypt. Angelus chuckled in their departed, wiping the blood from his lips and licking it clean off his fingers.

* * * * *

Spike raced towards the nearest hospital. He could feel her pulse still, very faintly but there. He couldn’t let it happen again. He couldn’t lose another slayer…not like this. Especially Buffy. His rage towards Angelus and his concern for the blonde girl in his arms gave him the encouragement to move faster.

Bursting in through the doors of the hospital emergency, he drew the attention of several people, nurses and doctors in the building. “I need some help! She lost a lot of blood.”

A nurse ran up and walked him into an E.R. “What happened?”

Spike placed her body carefully on the bed.” She needs blood.”

The nurse put a comforting hand on Spike’s shoulder. “Try to stay calm…we’re going to take care of her.” She shrunk away when Spike pulled viciously away from her touch.

Spike kept his eyes trained on Buffy as he watched the doctors check her over. “Something bit her. She needs a transfusion.”

“You found her?” the doctor asked, glancing at him quickly.

“Yes.”

“Was she conscious?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?” the doctor asked.

“I’m sure.”

The doctor started calling orders to the nurses. “Okay. I need a type. I need cross-match. Get her on two lines of Wringer's lactate, and watch for hypovolemic shock.” The doctor turned towards Spike again and looked him in the eye. “Tell me: What – happened?”

A little flustered, Spike sighed out impatiently. “Something bit her. I don’t know what.”

“Okay. I need a rabies shot treatment.” Ordered the doctor. “Any allergies?”

Spike, clearly upset and at the end of his endurance, broke the handle clear off the door effortlessly, and threw it across the room. “Just help her.” He growled out in a low threatening voice. Spike was trying hard to keep his demon from rearing its head, and the veins in his neck and forehead were popping out in his effort.

The doctors and nurses stunned in shock just stared at him for a second before one of the doctors spoke up staring at the hole that was now in the door. “You two been doing drugs?” when Spike just continued to glare at him he continued. “You want her to live, you have to be straight with me.”

“She’s clean.” The blonde vampire stated through clenched teeth.

“All right. Wait outside. Let us work.” The doctor declared with a little fear in his voice.

“A phone?”

“Right out there.” One of the nurses pointed out to the payphone around the corner by the entrance of the hospital.

Casting one more glance at Buffy, and the doctors quickly working on her, he stocked out of the room and towards the phone. He needed to call Giles.

* * * * *

Angelus walked back onto the mansion with a bounce in his step and a song in his un-beating heart. He whistled a jaunty tune as he entered the living area and noticed Katya standing outside in the garden. With a smile he walked over and stood beside her.

She glanced up at him and frowned at the happy and smug smile on his face. “What’s that about?” she asked crossing her arms over her small chest.

“What’s what about?” he asked back feigning innocence as he rocked back and forth on his heels with his hands links behind his back.

“That smile. Stop…it’s creepy.”

“Oh it’s nothing…I just killed the slayer.” He claimed nonchalantly with a shrug.

“Yeah…okay.” Katya giggled turning around and going back inside to sit by the fireplace.

“I did.” He insisted. He followed her in and stood in front of her. “Played the whole: Lost puppy…‘I got my soul back’ trick. And she fell for it just like I thought she would. And now…she’s dead.”

* * * * *

In the white room of the hospital, Buffy lay pale on the blue-sheet cover bed. An intravenous in one of her arms feeding her nutrition and another tube supplying her with blood. A steady beep sounded every two seconds indicating her heartbeat.

Buffy’s eyes shot open, wide and wild. She tried to remember the last thing that happened. Where was she? Why was she here? What was her name? Who was she?



A/N: dun dun dun….sorry for the late update. Anyways hope you liked chapter 5 please review!!!!