soooo sorry about the late update...way too much has been going on for me right now with the end of school and all. I've been cramming for tests and finishing my projects, and i finally caught a little bit of a break and decided i shouldn't make you guys wait any longer.



Chapter 7: Show Me

Spike had eventually called Giles, and told him what had happened at that Buffy was at the hospital. He said that she had amnesia and that she couldn’t remember anything, and not to come on too strong.

They promised to be there in the morning to give Spike some time to explain about her friends before so it was more comfortable for her when she did meet them. Right now the two of them sat on the bed, her sitting up leaning against the back wall, and Spike sitting across from her with his legs crossed. Spike began to tell Buffy about her friends.

“Uh…you got a red-headed friend named Willow, she’s one of your best friends. One of sweetest birds I’ve ever met…she’s a witch.” Spike explained.

“A witch? Like the kind with the warts and the big noses?” Buffy asked with a giggle.

Spike chuckled with her. “No…nothing like that. She looks like a normal girl, just with supernatural powers much like you. Only your powers were given to you. Red gained her power by learning the craft. She’s not into anything bad either…just things like locator spells, protection walls and all that.”

Buffy smiled, and urged him to continue. “Then there’s the whelp.” Buffy gave him a weird look. “Oh, sorry…Xander. He’s you’re other best friend. You, him and Willow have been buddies since freshman year.”

“Does he have any kind of powers?” Buffy asked, interested.

“Pfft…no. He doesn’t really do much actually, except make unnecessary comments.” Spike grumbled out.

The blonde laughed at the grumpy look on Spike’s face. “I’m guessing that you don’t like him very much, huh?”

Spike looked up at the slayer, and raised a brow. “Not one bit. But it goes both ways. He hates me…thinks I’m tryna ruin your life or something. He’s always been really protective of you.”

Buffy frowned at that. “Why would he think that you’d wanna ruin my life? From what I heard my life is pretty screwed up already.” She laughed almost bitterly.

“Because there was a time when we were mortal enemies.” The bleach blonde vampire admitted unwillingly. He didn’t want to give her the wrong idea and make her think that he still wanted to kill her because that was the last thing on his mind. “I wanted to kill you and you wanted to kill me, and we both came very bloody close. But I went through some things that changed me, and we teamed up.”

“I thought I was suppose to fight demons and vampires…not people.” Buffy said confused.

Spike took an unnecessary breath and let it out. Might as well say it now and get it over with. Spike thought to himself. “Well…that’s another thing you should know, pet. I’m a vampire.” Said vampire hung his head, not wanting to see the look of fear cross over the object of his affection’s face.

“Get out!” she said loudly. He looked up to see her eyes wide, and a giant smile on her face. “Are you serious?! I don’t see any fangs though.” She said looking at his teeth as his mouth hung open slightly in awe of her reaction.

Shaking himself out of it to reply, he blinked and licked his dry lips before speaking. “Well I’m wearing a human guise right now…the fangs only show when I let the demon out.”

Buffy’s eyes brightened. “Can you show me? I wanna see…you know, just so I know what to look out for when I get out of here.” Seeing the look of hesitation on Spike’s face, she pouted and gave him a puppy dog look. “Pleeeease?”

The vampire sighed, and gave in. “Okay…but if I show you and you freak out, don’t get pissed at me.” he stated.

“Promise.” She said drawing an ‘X’ over her heart with her index finger.

Sighing again, Spike changed his face: the bones reformed, and his fangs elongated. His once blue eyes were now a gold shining back at her. Buffy reached over slowly and touched the ridges on his brow. Spike flinched, not used to the almost intimate caress that his demon was getting. Buffy stopped for a second before continuing, and running the tips of her finger gently down the ridges, and down the side of face, tracing his sharp cheekbone.

Spike closed his eyes, and started purring, making the sweetest smile grow on the blonde’s beautiful face. Her fingers continued their way down, reaching his chin, and gently opened his mouth to examine his fangs. When she was down looking him over, she dropped her hand back into her lap. “Hm.” She said. Spike slowly opened his eyes again, and let his face change back to his human one. “See…no freaking out.” Buffy declared with a smile.

Spike just gazed at her in amazement. Right now she looked just like the normal Buffy. For a second he forgot that this Buffy was different…forgot that she really knew nothing about her life and at the horrors that came with it. As he looked at her his gazed turned from one of amazement to one of lust…his eyes bore into her, and she looked into his eyes, practically reading him. Making a decision with even thinking about it, Spike leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips. It was soft, and long and sent shocks all throughout his body. After about 5 seconds of kissing, Buffy pulled away and stared at him with wide eyes.

Spike mentally kicked himself in the head, thinking he probably just screwed things up…big time.




A/N: so there's that chapter for you i'm sorry if it was a little short...think of it more as an interlude for the next chapter. I just thought that, that would be a good place to leave it...i'm kinda outlining what i want to happen and it's going good so far. I hope you're liking where i'm taking this...in the next chapter there might be a little bit of angst so be warned.