Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks for the reviews! please let me know what you think of this chapter...don't worry next chapter Buffy and Spike will be out of the hospital. yay!!!
Chapter 8: Telling It All

Making a decision with even thinking about it, Spike leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips. It was soft, and long and sent shocks all throughout his body. After about 5 seconds of kissing, Buffy pulled away and stared at him with wide eyes.

Spike mentally kicked himself in the head, thinking he probably just screwed things up…big time.

Buffy brought her fingertips to her lips and touched them as if still feeling the tingles in them. Grabbing him by the shirt with her other hand, she pulled him towards her and kissed him again, more passionately this time. Spike; this sexy vampire had ignited such a large fire inside her and she wanted more. She lightly stroked her tongue along him bottom lips, begging him for entrance and when he did, she let herself melt into his embrace.

Spike couldn’t believe it. She was kissing him. Again! He thought she’d be mad, but no, she wanted more. He felt his dead heart jump in his chest. Part of him wanted to continue kissing her, and keep exploring the sweet cavern of her mouth, and the other told him this was wrong and that the real Buffy would kill him for taking advantage of her amnesia-self.

Gently putting his hands on her shoulders, he separated his lips from hers. With his eyes still closed he licked his lips. “Buffy, wait.” He opened his eyes to see her staring at him with a look of confusion. “It’s not that I don’t want you, believe me I do…I have for a long time now. It’s just…you barely know me.” he tried to reason.

Buffy laughed: a sweet sound coming from her. “You said we knew each other for a long time. I think that qualifies as knowing you.”

Spike held her hand in his, stroking the back of her hand softly. “Technically, yes. Buffy knows me…Pre-amnesia Buffy knows me. And she would kill me if she found out I kissed you.” Spike said shaking his head, and looking down at his lap.

Buffy sighed, and tilted her head to catch his eyes. “Why do you keep talking like I’m two different people?”

Spike met her eyes again. “Because…you seem different from the real Buffy. Nicer…less jaded. The real Buffy isn’t as fond of me as you are, and that’s because of our past.”

Buffy smiled brightly at him, which made his heart melt. “But I already know your past. You told me and even though we used to be enemies…I’m okay with it.” She added with a shrug.

“But that’s because you didn’t live through it. It’s easy to forgive me when you didn’t witness it first hand.” The vampire explained. “And even though I’m part of the team now…you and everyone else is still sketchy about my intentions. Think I’ll team up with Angelus to take you lot down.” Spike finished oblivious to the new name he brought up.

“Angelus? Who’s that…another one of my enemies?” the slayer asked.

“Yeah…the worst. He’s the reason you’re in the hospital right now. He’s-and I’m feeling ashamed even as I say this-he’s my grandsire…He turned a vampire that turned me. We’re part of the same family and he taught me pretty much everything I know.” Spike bowed his head again and continued the story that was inevitable. The Watcher would tell her this stuff anyway, and he would rather Buffy hear it from him…the one that had more information on Angelus than any Watcher or book in history. “Around the 1900’s-”

“You’ve been around that long!?!” Buffy cried out with a look of shock on her face.

“Longer. I was turned in 1880…Angelus was turned in 1753. Around the Boxer Rebellion, Angelus was cursed with a soul. He killed this Gypsy girl a few weeks before that, and his family punished him by giving him a soul. He couldn’t find it in him anymore to kill innocent people, so he went after the lowlifes: muggers, murders…rapists, but that was it. Eventually, Darla, his sire, forced him to leave and he hadn’t been a part of the family since.

“Then around 1996 you were called as the slayer, and this bloke Whistler gave Angel a mission: you. He was supposed to help you.” Spike stopped for a minute, to gather his thoughts.

“Then he attacked me instead?” Buffy interjected with confusion.

“No…you two got involved. You fell in love with each other. That-can’t get enough of each other-love. I couldn’t stand to see the one bloke that showed me true destruction let himself become a whipping boy to the killer of our kind.” He saw the look of discomfort on Buffy’s face, and continued quickly. “I don’t think that anymore…of course things are a lot different now. You two ended up sleeping together and Angel lost his soul and became Angelus again. See there was a clause to the curse the Gypsies put on him: If he had one moment of perfect happiness…Angel would lose his soul. It was a way of keeping him from being happy, as punishment for all of his sins. He broke your heart…he made it really hard for you to let other people in. And ever since that night Angelus has been trying to kill you…and using you’re past with Angel to break you down.” Spike concluded with eyes showing the anger he felt thinking about it.

Buffy took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “So…Angelus would be the unknown creature I got bit by? Hm…I was wondering why my neck hurt so much.” Buffy finished calmly. You know, when I first woke up I never thought that this is what my life would be like. A bunch of scenarios popped into my head like: maybe I was just a random girl with a perfect life and walking alone one day I got attacked. Maybe I lived in a nice big Victorian house with blue shutters and a white picket fence. Popular, great boyfriend…never figured that I’d be a vampire slayer with superhero friends, having my ex-boyfriend trying to kill me, and having the hots for a hundred and something year old vampire…nothing at all normal. But for some odd reason beyond my knowledge…I’m strangely comfortable with it.” She stated with a smile.

If Spike could blush, he’d be doing so right now. “You have the hots for me?” he covered the way his body tingled at the thought by tucking his tongue behind his front teeth and smirking at the blonde.

“I might…and front that kiss earlier, you have the hots for me too.” She said brazenly. She felt so free to say anything in front of Spike. It was comfortable…and she really liked it.

Spike had noticed in the team that he spent with Buffy is how flirtatious she was being. She kept flashing him big smiles and mentioning things like having the hots for him. He shouldn’t be accepting her advances but he couldn’t help himself…he liked her liking him.

Spike flashed a sexy grin that would have turned her legs into jell-o had she been standing. Buffy knew she was going to be liking all the time she would be spending with Spike, and she couldn’t wait until she got out of this hospital so she could start her new life with the bleach blonde vampire showing her the ropes.


A/N: please review!!!