Author's Chapter Notes:
PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE!
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm sooo sorry for the late update, i've been super busy lately working two jobs and all. I'd like to thank everyone that has still stuck with me despite my lack of updates. i'm really trying but i'm pretty pressed for time lately. i really hope i didn't lose all of you and i'll try and update more often. Please let me know what you all think and please don't give up on me. i love you all!!!! now...on with the chapter!!!



Chapter 9: Learning The Ropes

About a day or two later, Buffy was checked out of the hospital, with a clean bill of health. Giles and the rest of the gang had come to visit, and each told Buffy the stories they shared.

The blonde was warming up to her old/new friends nicely, and things were starting to go back to normal. Spike had volunteered to train with Buffy and refresh her memory of the fight she used to know so well. She caught on quickly but it was still like she was learning everything all over again.

Buffy and Spike stood in the middle of her backyard. The stars were out and it was absolutely quiet. Spike pulled a red silk handkerchief out of his back pocket and tied it around Buffy’s eyes from the back.

“So what’s this all about? It’s not something kinky is it?” Buffy asked with a teasing smile.

He chucked. “No. It’s a test. What I want you to do…is tune in to all of your other senses. Give in to instinct. Now…attack me.”

Without any delay, Buffy reached behind her and grabbed him by his arm, flipping him over her shoulder, and hearing his back smack on the ground. “Oh my Spike…are you okay?” she panicked, reaching up to lift off her blindfold.

“I’m fine…leave it on. That was great Slayer.” Spike stood up, standing right in front of her with a smile on his face because of her worry for him.

“I’m so sorry…I didn’t even think I could do that!” the blonde claimed.

“It’s okay…now what made you do that?”

“You told me to go with my instincts. So I did. I didn’t know they’d be so spot on.”

Spike circled her. “They have to be, you’re the Slayer. If they weren’t you’d be in a whole mess of trouble. Now I want you to fight me based purely on your instincts. Use them to deceiver which direction I’m coming at you from…how to block my advances, and to know where I am at all times.”

Buffy stood completely still, and honed all of her senses. Her ear perked and she felt tingles on the back of her neck. Spike went to throw a punch at her and she reached out and grabbed his arm, twisting it around his back and kicking him to the ground. She straddled his lower back and held his head to the ground.

“How’d I do?” she asked with a smile. He wiggled beneath her but she didn’t let up.

“Very good.” He mumbled. “You want to let me up now?”

“Mmm…not really, no.” She laughed. Releasing his head, she lifted the blindfold off her eyes and stared down at him. “I think I’m getting the hang of this whole Slayer thing.” She stood up and lent Spike a hand getting up as well. “Now I don’t know about you…but I’m starved! What do you say about burger?” the blonde suggested as she bounded inside through the backdoor.

With a smile, the vampire followed her inside.

* * * * *

Angelus walked into Willy’s bar an hour or so after the sun went down. For the past couple of days, he’d been celebrating the death of the Slayer with Katya; going on killing sprees and living a carefree unlife. The moment he walked in, demons, vampires and humans that worshipped them all applauded him, hooting and hollering their praises. Being the narcissistic asshole that he was, Angelus soaked it up.

He took a seat at the bar next to a horned demon. “Scotch.” He told the bartender with a smug smile. “Make it a double and keep ‘em coming. I’m celebrating.” He turned to the demon sitting next to him that was keeping his eyes on his own drink. Although he was sitting down, you could tell he was around 6 foot. He had a thick muscular build and red scaly skin that made him look like an overgrown lizard. His eyes were also red and there was no telling he was a dangerous species.

“So how are you liking the demon life without the slayer, huh?” the brunette vampire asked.

“What are you talking about, vampire?” the demon’s voice was deep and hard.

“I’m talking about the slayer being dead! Don’t tell me you didn’t hear about it? I killed her with my own two hands.” He said lifting them for emphasis.

“No you didn’t.” he replied calmly with a knowing smile.

“I felt her die in my arms, as I sucked every last drop out of her.” Angelus continued.

The demon got a little closer to Angelus, the smile still on his face. “She was checked into the hospital a couple of days ago. Had a blood transfusion…she made it.” The look on Angelus’ face was one of shock and anger. “Apparently, rumour has it that she got checked out today. Not as good as you thought you were huh, vampire?”

With that, the vampire took his scotch and downed it; getting up and knocking the bar stool back in the process. He stormed out of the bar and into the night.

“If at first you don’t succeed…try and try ‘til the bitch is dead.”

* * * * *

Buffy tossed and turned in her bed plagued with horrible nightmares. A frown marred her face as she fought back the fright she felt. She whimpered in her sleep, subconsciously trying to wake herself up.

With a sudden gasp, Buffy shot up in her bed clutching her sheet to her chest in one hand and holding her throbbing neck in the other. Peeling her fingers away, she felt the warm blood leak from the old wound. She stared at it in awe as she caught her breath.

The nightmares were still fresh in her mind and she kept asking herself one question: ‘Who is that dark-haired man?’



A/N: there you go guys...please don't forget to review!