Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, before I get people saying this... I know that in the real Buffyverse, Buffy was all depressed and hated Spike... Well, this is my fantasy version of it... Even when I try to make it not so happy and fluffy, that doesn't work out so well. Anyways, a bit of this might seem familiar, sorry. :)
When they got to the apartments, Giles showed each of them their rooms, saying, “I’m sure you’ll want some sleep before we go chasing after this girl.”

Spike and Buffy’s room was the last one. Giles simply patted her on the back and gave her a smile that he hoped was comforting. To Spike, he gave a warning glare. If he dared hurt Buffy… Spike nodded in understanding. Since they were behind her, Buffy didn’t see anything happening, though.

After Giles had walked away, Buffy looked up at Spike, her expression unreadable. She tugged on his hand until he followed her inside, saying, “I’m tired.”

The moment that they were inside, Spike stopped, an almost angry look on his face for some reason.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy asked worriedly.

“Forgot there would only be one bed,” he said, gesturing towards said bed. “That’s okay, I’ll just sleep on the floor.” Spike started pulling a blanket off so that he could lay on it on the floor, but Buffy’s hand on his arm stopped him.

“No,” she said quietly. “Could you just… Hold me?” she asked, sounding a bit like the small girl in a big world that she really was.

Spike couldn’t ever remember hearing her sound so vulnerable. He just nodded and sat down on the bed next to her. He held her while she put her head on his chest. Spike wanted to protect her from everything that was making her hurt. He knew he couldn’t, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t try as hard as he possible could.

Soon, Buffy was fast asleep. Spike kissed the top of her head, and had soon fallen asleep himself.

*****

When Buffy woke up, she looked around nervously. For a moment, she couldn’t remember where she was. Then she remembered and saw Spike, and she calmed down some. She laid back down and went to sleep again, surprisingly not having nightmares of when she had first come back to life.

Meanwhile, Spike had woken up the second he felt her move, but had pretended to still be sleeping. He smiled when she saw him and calmed down. He thought that this was as close as he would ever get to heaven, and it was perfect.

*****

Buffy was once again startled the next time she woke up. This time, Spike wasn’t even there. Her glance darted left and right before spotting him. He was in the small kitchen that had also been in the room.

“Made you some breakfast,” he explained, figuring that she had to be hungry by now.

Buffy smiled in appreciation, taking the tray from him. It was eggs, toast, and orange juice. She had to say she was surprised that the mini fridge had come stocked with that stuff, but she wasn’t surprised in a bad way.

She pouted again, motioning for him to sit back down. He did, and she cuddled up to him. Buffy sighed contentedly and said, “This is nice,”

It was the exact same thing Spike was thinking. Still, he had to wonder. “Why?” he asked suddenly. Oops, he had said it out loud.

Buffy looked up at him, slightly confused. Didn’t he like this? “I don’t know… Is it not for you?” she asked, exposing her fears yet again. She started to stand up, suddenly feeling very defensive again, but Spike gently grabbed her arm.

“Stop it! You know I love you! How many times do I have to say it before you’ll believe it?” Gentler, he said, “Because even if it’s a million times, I’ll say it until you do believe it.”

Buffy sat back down. “I’m just so confused,” she said, looking down at her hand, which was entwined with Spike’s. “Everything’s so different… My friends, my sister… And my feelings,” she finished softly.

Spike’s face went from one of slight confusion to one of amazement. If she meant what he thought she did…

Buffy continued. “I’m not saying that I’m ready for anything big, but I want to give it a try, if you still want to.”

“Oh, God, Buffy! I love you so much!” Spike repeated as Buffy hugged him, looking as though she were clinging to him for dear life.

After a few minutes like that, she sat up and turned, leaning back against him and smiling, realizing that she had finally made the right choice. She ate the breakfast that had, up until now, remained untouched, while Spike drank some blood. For once, it didn’t seem all that disgusting to her.

A while later, they remembered why they were in London in the first place. “We should probably go down there and meet the others,” she said reluctantly. Spike bobbed his head in agreement, and they stood up and went downstairs together.

*****

The rest of the Scooby Gang looked up as they walked into the room, once again holding hands. Finally, somebody decided to speak up about it, since they were all so curious, and, except for Dawn, a little creeped out.

“Okay, Buffy, what’s going on?” Willow asked. “I know you’re mad, but if you’re trying to get back at us like this…” She trailed off, motioning to Buffy and Spike’s entwined hands.

“I’m not trying to get back at you,” Buffy replied, sharing a secretive smile and wink with Dawn. She knew the other girl could see right through her, and surprisingly, she wasn’t embarrassed. By now, Dawn was beaming up at them, bouncing in her chair and wanting to tell everyone else what was going on. However, she knew that they would want to tell the Scoobies at just the right time, and that wasn’t right now.

Buffy also knew that Tara could tell what was happening. At first, she had worried that she might tell Willow, but now she knew that wouldn’t happen until Buffy wanted it to. Tara was, of course, very close to her girlfriend, but she wouldn’t let anyone down by telling a secret.

Buffy didn’t bother to finish answering Willow’s question. Instead, she turned to Giles and said, “So… Tell us about this new Slayer and how we’re going to find her.”