Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the LOOOONNNGGG delay... But, now that it's here, hope you enjoy! :)
Giles turned towards Buffy, surprised by how happy she seemed. Watching as Spike and Buffy sat down and deciding to not comment on it, he started answering her question with an answer he had been thinking out all through the last night.

“First of all, I don’t know very much about her, but for all we know, she could be very dangerous. Possibly even more dangerous than Faith.” Pausing and waiting for the expected gasps, Giles was surprised when none of the Scoobies looked surprised. In fact, Anya was sitting, bored, and filing her nails. She barely paid any attention to the ex- Watcher, having already decided that the conversation wasn’t worth it.

Returning his own attention to what he had been saying, Giles continued. “However, I have figured out how we can find her. It’s quite simple, really. We just need to do a locating spell.” As he said that, Anya jerked her head up, interested again.

Buffy frowned, despising the idea of using more magic. Noticing her expression and the way she tensed up, Spike’s eyes turned back to her, and he rested his hand on her shoulder. “Don’t worry, love. We’ll find another way,” he told her, trying to soothe her so that she wouldn’t have another mental breakdown.

Turning to Giles, Spike said firmly, “We aren’t using magic. I won’t let you scare her like that again.” He gritted his teeth, bracing himself for another argument, and possibly pain lancing through his skull if he hit one of them, but other than that, he looked completely relaxed. Inside, he felt like he was going to explode. ‘I’m a master vampire, and just one look from my girl can make me give up killing,’ Spike laughed at the thought, knowing that it was true. Realizing that she really was his girl now, he grinned.

Noticing the odd looks he was getting from the others, Spike returned to his usual scowl. He knew Buffy had seen his smile, though, and was probably wondering what it was about. He shrugged at her, knowing she would start asking questions later.

Giles turned to Spike, finally acknowledging his presence. The corners of his lips curled down a bit, but some tiny part of his brain knew Spike was right. “What do you suggest we do then?” he asked.

Spike shrugged, settling back more comfortably on the couch. “I would say I could find her,” he replied as he pointed to his nose. “But I don’t know her blood scent. For now, I think we should just ask around, maybe beat some demons up for information,” he finished with a glint in his eyes. Even though she would never admit it, Spike saw the love of the hunt reflected in Buffy’s eyes.

Buffy leaned forward, nodding. “That sounds good,” she said eagerly. “No magic required there.” Out of the corner of her eye, Buffy saw Willow shrink back a little bit.

Finally, Dawn said something. “I guess that means I can’t go with you guys,” she said glumly, her own eyes shifting to the floor near her feet.

She stood up and started to walk, but was silenced by Buffy’s voice. “No, you can come. But you have to wait outside with the others if we go to any demon bars or anything like that.”

Dawn turned around, a huge smile taking over her face. She clapped and plopped back onto the couch. Giving Buffy another secret look as she glanced between her and Spike, she quickly turned away when Spike looked towards her.

***

The Scoobies had spent the day researching, making calls to the Council and other things like that, but it hadn’t been any help. Nobody seemed to know anything about this new Slayer. They walked through the park with stakes and crossbows carefully hidden. It was now the middle of the night, but you never know when a random person was just standing around outside. In Sunnydale, everyone instinctively knew not to go out after dark, but this wasn’t Sunnydale.

After passing the park, Buffy led the others around a corner and into a nearby alley. Shrouded in shadows was a dark door. Motioning for her friends to stop and wait outside, she let go of Spike’s hand and walked inside with him right behind her. As soon as they entered, several of the demons inside tried to shrink back into corners and make themselves less noticeable. Even in England, the demons knew about the Slayer. She ignored them and went straight to one who was sitting at the counter and didn’t seem at all afraid of her.

When Buffy got closer to the green demon, who was wearing a biker’s vest, she saw him flinch, but he quickly covered it up. She grimaced as the vest gave her a flashback to right after she had come back to life, but she ignored it, reminding herself that it was over and she had Spike to protect her, and all of her friends were ready to back her up at a moment’s notice.

Buffy put one hand on her hip, trying to look casually dangerous, if that were even possible. In her own mind it was, and she knew that the demon sitting only a foot away from her would understand it, too. “So, you heard about a new Slayer in town?” she asked.

Spike leaned towards her and whispered, “That’s a Pakil demon, love. Nasty temper, very aggressive. You don’t want to get on his bad side.”

Addressing her question, the Pakil stubbornly shook his head. It was clear that he knew something, though, and just wasn’t talking. Buffy ignored Spike’s warning and grabbed his collar, pulling him up so he was only half as far away as he had been a moment ago. “Tell me what you know, now,” she said in a commanding tone, and emphasizing the word ‘now’ by jerking him again.

What Buffy wasn’t prepared for what the Pakil’s punch. It flew straight toward her nose, and when she reached up, she realized that it wasn’t broken, but it was definitely bloody.

“Can’t say I didn’t warn you.” Spike shrugged, jumping into the fight. He punched the demon and dodged his swing. Spike kicked him in the stomach, but it barely phased the Pakil. He took a kick to his upper chest. It was so strong that he flew into the wall behind him. Spike slid to the floor and was knocked unconscious.

Buffy quickly moved back towards the Pakil, suddenly very angry after seeing him kick Spike. She made several rapid punches to his face and kicked downwards so powerfully that it would have gone through most demons’ chests, but all it did to this one was knock him backwards. She leaned over him, her foot still on his chest. “Where is she?” Buffy asked, getting back to the reason they had come here in the first place.

With a disgusting smile, the Pakil shrugged. “How should I know?” he countered. As Buffy sighed in exasperation, he took her momentary distraction to kick upwards. This accomplished to things. It got him back up on his feet, but it also kicked the Slayer into the wall beside Spike. Unlike Spike, though, she wasn’t knocked out.

As the Pakil loomed over her, Buffy started to get scared for the first time in this battle. ‘What if he kills me?’ she thought. Realizing that she didn’t want to die anymore, she became terrified when he gave her that sickening grin again, and it was clear to her that this wasn’t a fight where she was going to get any mercy.