Author's Chapter Notes:
I forgot to mention that the song in the last chapter was "Only Hope" by Switchfoot. I obviously don't own it. Well, we're almost to the end of this fiction. I only have two more chapters left. Thanks for the reviews=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 28

Months went by and Buffy had never been so happy in her life. She was eighteen now, she had amazing friends, a wonderful boyfriend, and Addie was locked away after the stunt that she tried to pull, finally granting her father the divorce. In other words, things couldn’t possibly be any better. It was Prom night, and she was trying to calm down a very agitated Spike.

“We don’t have to go. Homecoming was bad enough and you know what happened then, this is just like any other dance.”

Buffy rubbed his shoulders. “That may be, but it’s a very important dance. It’s our Senior Prom, Spike. Something that I never thought I would get a chance to go to. I know that everything will work out; we won’t get a repeat performance of what happened before. Things have been perfect these last couple of months.”

Spike groaned. “You just had to say that, we’re probably jinxed now.”

She rolled her eyes. “You worry way too much. Prom is tonight; it’s too late to get out of it. Besides, I really want you to see the dress I picked out. It’s even better than the last one.”

“Fine, we’ll go and make a memory of it, but I’m not going to let you out of my sight.”

Buffy smiled. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”


* * * * *


Prom was going as well as Buffy knew it would. Spike’s reaction once he saw her in the dress made everything worth it. She suddenly took on a nervous feeling once it was time for the King and Queen to be announced, but this time around, Spike wouldn’t be sharing a dance with Harmony.

“This year’s Prom King and Queen are, William Giles and Buffy Summers.”

The students burst into applause.

Buffy was beyond shocked. Sure, everyone knew of them as a pretty popular couple now, but still had no idea that she was considered for Prom Queen.

Spike smiled and pulled her out of her seat, leading her to the dance floor after they accepted their crowns. He wrapped his arms around her and moved slowly to the music. “Now, this is more like it.”

Buffy smiled in return, knowing it would definitely be a night to remember.


* * * * *


“I’m so proud of you, honey. I just wish your mother was here to see you graduate.”

Buffy nodded. “She’s here in spirit. I’m just glad you’re here, Daddy. I never thought you would be.”

Hank felt his eyes tear up, glad to be at his daughter’s graduation. She really came a long way.

Spike snuck behind Buffy and picked her up.

She let out a squeal and smacked his chest as he let her down.

“We’re finally out of here, baby.”

Buffy smiled at his enthusiasm as he chatted with her father. She glanced around at all of the other students with their families, happy to finally be done with high school. She saw Dawn and Xander in the distance, locked in a passionate embrace. If it was possible, they became even more of a mushy couple than her and Spike. Buffy smiled as she watched them, her smile widening when Spike wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I love you,” he whispered.

She would never get tired of hearing him say that. “I love you, too.”


* * * * *


Everyone was enjoying their summer before college started. Well, almost everyone. It was weeks after graduation and Buffy hurried to get to the Espresso Pump after Dawn’s frantic call to meet her there. She couldn’t remember ever hearing the other girl so distressed and really worried about what could have happened. She finally reached the coffee shop and found Dawn in one of the booths, quickly making her way over to her and sitting down. Buffy was not prepared to find tears in the brunette’s eyes.

“Dawn, what’s wrong?”

She wiped her eyes and took a deep breath before addressing her friend. “I’m sorry to bother you like this, but I didn’t know who else to talk to. I found out that I’m…I’m pregnant.”

Buffy’s eyes widened at her confession. “Are you sure?”

Dawn nodded. “I was late and took about three pregnancy tests, they were all positive. I panicked and didn’t know who else to call. My parents will freak and Spike? I’m even more afraid of his reaction. Not to mention Xander, I just don’t know what to do.”

Buffy couldn’t imagine being in her situation and was willing to help anyway that she could. “I know they’ll be shocked at first, but they’ll come around. Your parents are pretty understanding people. Don’t worry about Spike; he’ll be there for you no matter what. He might be upset, but he won’t always be. And Xander loves you, anyone can see that. There’s no way he’ll leave you to raise a child on your own. I’m assuming that you’ve decided to have the baby.” It wasn’t a question.

“I may not be ready for any of this, but there’s no way I could ever consider having an abortion. This baby is a part of me and Xander, I already love it. I’m just really scared. I don’t know if I can handle this.”

Buffy stood up and sat next to Dawn, wrapping her arms around the terrified girl. “You’re not in this alone. I know without a doubt that Xander will be there for you, and you always have me. You were the first person to really befriend me in this town, Dawn. I’ll never forget that.”

Dawn felt more tears fall from her eyes, but they were a bit happier than before. She hoped that she could do this. No words of love had been exchanged between her and Xander yet, but Dawn knew that she loved him. It was pretty obvious that he loved her as well. Xander treated her like she was precious and special, she knew that no one else could ever compare to him. He was the sweetest, most caring guy that she had ever been with. Dawn knew that he would be happy about the baby, once the shock wore off. It was still Spike that she was more worried about, even though she knew her brother wasn’t a virgin. It might take him longer to get used to the fact that she was pregnant. Her parents would understand that she wasn’t a child anymore. They might be a bit disappointed, but they would learn to accept it. Dawn was very grateful to have a friend like Buffy to talk to. She would never judge and was always there for her. Maybe she could even convince Buffy to come with her when she told everyone the news. At this point, she would need all the support that she could get.