Riley looked around the room, noticing two things: everyone was there but Buffy and no one seemed to want to meet his eyes. “What’s going on?” he asked, starting to become concerned. “Where’s Buffy?”

“Oh, she’s…” The rest of Anya’s statement was muffled when Xander’s hand went over her mouth.

“Buffy’s slaying,” Xander said quickly. “She had something to slay.”

“Yes. She had something to slay,” Willow repeated, nodding quickly.

Riley looked at her cautiously. He’d known Willow long enough to know when she was hiding something – which meant knowing her all of two seconds, when he got right down to it. The girl was jumpy. “What’s…”

Before he could finish his sentence, Riley’s gaze shifted, his eyes catching something large and dark near the kitchen. His eyes narrowed and his body tensed. “What the hell is he doing here?”

Angel glared at Riley. “I’m here to help Buffy,” he snapped.

“With the slaying!” Willow piped up. “Angel’s here to help Buffy slay the thing that needs to be slayed.”

“Buffy doesn’t need his help,” Riley replied, his angry gaze still narrowed on Angel. “The only thing Buffy should be doing with a vampire is making sure it’s dust. Now where is she?”

“She’s in Los Angeles,” Giles said, stepping between Angel and Riley. “Angel came to bring word of some possible demonic activity, and Buffy went to see to it. There’s no need for any concern.”

“Yeah, she’s just with Spike,” Anya said, making Xander immediately regret his decision to remove his hand from her mouth.

“Spike?!” Riley yelled. “What the hell is she doing with Spike?”

“He’s helping her with the slaying!” Willow replied quickly. “Because he’s, you know…strong.”

“What are you all not telling me?” Riley asked.

“Riley, I can assure you everything’s fine,” Giles replied, giving the others a look to keep it shut. “Buffy’s fine, and she’ll be back soon. There’s nothing to worry about.”

Riley crossed his arms over his chest. “Everything’s fine?”

“Yes.”

“Then tell me, why is Ethan Rayne tied to a chair?”

*** *** ***


“Spike, I’m seriously trying to shower here.”

“And I’m seriously trying to shag you in the shower.”

Buffy slapped his hand away when he reached for her breast. “I’m covered in sand. I have sand in places where I have no business having sand. So you keep your hands to yourself while I try to get rid of it.”

“I could help you with that, you know,” Spike replied, leering.

“Oh no, buddy. You’re the one who got it there in the first place. You stay on your side.”

“But you’re wet and naked and…naked.”

“You said naked twice.”

“You’re glorious. It was warranted.”

Buffy shook her finger at him. “Behave. I’ve got sand to get rid of.” She turned around, facing away.

Spike looked down, his head tilting as he took in the view of her ass. “So not helping matters, luv,” he said as a shiver ran through him.

“I told you to behave, Spike,” Buffy grumbled as she stepped under the water.

“And you should know by now that I never behave, pet,” Spike replied, his voice dangerously seductive. He grabbed her, pulling her back against his chest, and Buffy squeaked in surprise. He brought her down with him to the bottom of the tub, pulling her into his lap and spreading her legs wide, allowing the water to wash over her bare pussy. His fingers moved to open her up, rinsing the errant particles of sand from her.

“See, baby? I told you I could help.”

Buffy moaned and leaned back against his chest. “You’re…oh…a good helper.”

He smirked against the top of her hair. “Turn around, kitten. Gotta make sure we get the back, too.”

Buffy did as he asked, not arguing this time as she turned herself around, still in his lap, her legs on either side of him. As soon as she was situated, Spike made his move, grabbing her hips and pulling her down on his cock. Buffy cried out in surprise, even as tremors of pleasure ran through her.

“Spike! This isn’t…uhn…washing me.”

“No, it’s shagging you, which is what I wanted to do all along,” Spike replied as he thrust up inside her. “You were the one who seemed to think showers were for getting clean.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Silly me.”

He kissed her forehead. “Truly ridiculous, Slayer. Now shut your gob and let me show you what the shower is really for.”

She was going to argue more, but then his hands were on her waist, moving her up and down on his thick cock and she lost the will to quip. There were better things she could be doing with her mouth. Like tasting the delicious patch of skin at the hollow of his throat…

Later, she’d wonder how he’d managed to get traction with the slick base of soap and water beneath them, but as he thrust hard inside her, his ability to seemingly-defy the laws of physics didn’t seem to matter.

For his part, Spike watched her in awe, hardly able to believe this water nymph riding his cock into oblivion was really his. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back, the warm water of the shower rushing over her, drenching the long golden strands of her hair and running down her firm, pert breasts. His mouth watered, desperate for a taste of her skin if not her blood, and he pulled her forward, directing a nipple into his watering mouth.

Buffy moaned loudly as soon as his mouth closed around the peak, and when he bit down with blunt teeth, she exploded, her scream reverberating off the walls of the shower. Her inner muscles clamped down around him so hard, Spike gasped, her breast falling from his mouth as his hips shot forward, propelling them forward in the tub. He slipped down the side, his head bumping against the porcelain, but as he erupted inside her, he didn’t care.

Buffy leaned forward and Spike slid back up into a sitting position, cradling Buffy against his chest. “Did we get all the sand, luv?” he asked after a moment.

She looked up, blinked. “There was sand?”

He laughed – the rich, deep laugh she’d come to adore. It was genuine delight, so unlike the ones she normally heard. “No sand. Only shagging,” he replied with a grin.

Buffy leaned forward to rest against his chest again. “Mmm…I like the shagging.”

“I know, sweetheart. Me, too.”

Buffy’s eyes were closing, and Spike could feel her relaxing further against him. He stroked her back, rubbing soothing circles against her wet skin. “Tired, baby?”

“Yeah,” she replied, punctuating her response with a yawn.

“So I finally wore you out then?” Spike asked with a teasing smirk.

Buffy responded with a half-hearted punch to his shoulder. “Jerk.”

“Never once denied it. Come on, let’s get you out of here.”

She was comfortable here, but Buffy knew the water would soon grow cold, and it would be better to get out now. She could cuddle back up with Spike in the bed, where it was warm and comfortable.

And bed did sound good. So, so good. She was tired, keeping her eyes open a struggle.

“You need help getting to bed, kitten?” Spike asked.

Buffy nodded against his chest. “Uh huh. I’m sleepy.” She looked up at him, opening one eye. “But not ‘cause you wore me out.”

He smirked again. “’Course not.” He moved her off of him long enough to stand and turn off the water, then climb out of the tub. He wrapped a towel around his waist before grabbing one from Buffy, helping her to her feet and running the towel over her body and hair.

“Come on, luv. To the bed now,” he said softly as he lifted her into his arms. Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and placed her head against his shoulder,

“I love you,” she murmured sleepily against his skin.

“I love you, too, kitten.”

“I always want to love you, Spike. I always want to feel like this.”

Spike knew he should’ve been dead too long to feel anything like warmth, but he didn’t know what else to call what was filling his chest now. “Me, too, sweetheart. Me, too.”

She was already asleep before they even made it to the bed, and Spike tucked her in under the covers and brushed a gentle, reverent kiss against her forehead. “I never thought I’d get to have this with anyone, Slayer,” he said, even though he knew she wouldn’t hear his whispered admission. “I never thought anyone would look at me the way you do.”

He went to the other side of the bed and climbed in, pulling her into his arms. Even in sleep, she moved into them easily, her body fitting so well against his. In all the years he’d spent on the planet, Spike had never known contentment like this.

It was even worth giving up feeding on humans, he realized, though he’d never, ever speak those words out loud. Still, to himself, he could admit he had become grateful for the chip for what it had allowed to happen. He’d found what he’d spent over a century looking for, and while logic would dictate he never should’ve found that with a slayer, he couldn’t deny how very right it felt.

Spike pulled her closer and fell asleep with a smile on his face.

*** *** ***


Even before Buffy opened her eyes, she knew something was very, very wrong. Her body ached and her head was throbbing. She assumed this was what it would feel like to be coming off a bender, even though she knew she’d never been on one before.

She lay still, afraid to open her eyes and feel the influx of pain that threatened to come with the action. She’d rather stay here, curled up against the nice, strong, cold body beside her.

Wait…cold body?

Buffy’s eyes shot open, and though it made her head scream, the shock of who was beside her vastly outweighed the pain.

Then, she remembered. She remembered feeling different, being different. She remembered lashing out at her friends and eww had she been smoking?

And Spike… A dark blush covered her skin at the memory of all they’d done. Spike had made love to her in ways she hadn’t even known were possible until he’d shown them to her.

She remembered everything she’d felt, everything she’d said. How Spike’s eyes looked whenever he slid inside of her…

Another memory crept into her mind, this one of Xander and the doughnut shop. He’d tried to tell her she’d been under a spell, the work of Ethan Rayne, supposedly.

Which meant this had all been a spell. The girl she’d been for the past few days hadn’t been her at all. She had been someone created by a spell, no more than an illusion.

Buffy had to get out. She couldn’t allow Spike to wake up and find her here, not now, not that things were all different. He stomach and her head were reeling, and all she wanted to do was run.

She slipped out of bed silently, careful not to wake Spike. Quickly, she dressed, listening for signs of him stirring, but not able to bring herself to look at him.

Not even when she left the motel room and ran out into the bright daylight.

*** *** ***


Please review.