Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow, it's been a long time, and I am sorry. Hope you like the offerings, I might update once or twice a week, depending on the beta!
Giles had called and contacted the coven in Bath to see what had happened. The person he spoke to, Victoria, was sure they would do whatever it was that they could to help, but warned him of anyone, especially Willow, using any black magic at this time, for the metaphysical forces were unstable at this time due to the large spell that Willow had used for the Slayers. He thanked her, and gave his word there wouldn’t be any done, and hung up, turning to Angel with a grim smile. “They will get on it as soon as they all can convene. Victoria suggested that we keep an eye on certain people attempting any sort of black magic at this time.”

Angel nodded in understanding. “Spike just got done singing for Lorne, he came out clean. It is him, but there’s something that Lorne isn’t telling me. He looked almost confused.” He leaned back in his chair and supported his head with his hands, looking up to the ceiling, thinking. “You know, there’s something I don’t understand, why him and not her? She’s the weapon of the Powers, not Spike. She was the Slayer, not him. She was human, and he was just this side of dead anyway.” He sighed. “ There’s something there Giles, that I’m not getting. I can’t put my finger on it, but there is something….”

The watcher looked out into the lobby at the group who had assembled to research. They had pulled numerous chairs and tables, all the books that they could find, and they were all taking notes and murmuring, some conversing between each other. The mood was somber.

“I think we’ll find the answer, but we won’t like what we find Angel. There are powers at work here that we know nothing about. This amulet that you brought Buffy was from Wolfram and Hart, so there’s that as well.” He took of his glasses, using that same back of the hand to wipe his eyes. Straightening, he put them back on and grabbed the stack of books closest to the door and headed for the group.

“They took her Giles, but make no mistake, I will get her back.”

Giles turned to look at the vampire. He looked aged then, so tired. “No, you won’t, but thanks for saying it.” Angel looked taken aback.

He stunned even himself as he left the room to join the others, but he was sure that he was right.





Dawn came down the stairs from her room, to join the others for a meal. She slumped in the nearest chair and looked dejectedly at the plate in front of her. Grabbing her fork, she shoved the food around lightly, trying to look like she was going to eat. Apparently, she walked into a debate involving just about everyone. She held her breath for a moment as the conversations got louder and louder. Finally, she let it out in a long sigh.

“Yetis in Tibet wrote in one of their prophecies that there was a champion, sucked into a rock, and transported to a dimension of great wealth and promise.”

Xander laughed a little. “Yetis talk?”

“The reading and writing is what got me Xander.” This from Kennedy.

“But the point is, Wesley, is that we are talking about nothing like that. It’s not a rock, it’s a jewel, and it burned through us, you git!” Spike sat up more in his chair.

“Clearly, Spike, you haven’t taken into account that the damn jewel is a rock!” He ground out the last word, emphasizing by lifting himself off his chair and grabbing an egg roll from the offered plate held by Fred. He growled a little and started pacing behind his chair, taking small bites and thinking.

“Watcher, I thought of the jewel being the rock. You’ve been talking about this all day long! There was fire, fire, FIRE! No blissful slipping into death. There was a great fire that tore into my body, straight into hers, like molten metal. If you would listen you would understand the difference in the stories!” He leaned back, slapping the chair into the wall, his chest heaving.

“What about the Hopi legend involving the resurrection of that one god?” Xander, who was still trying to throw himself into the fray.

Giles placed his glass down from taking a drink. “No, there was no chanting, no blood of a virgin, and also, Buffy has superhuman strength; she’s not a god.”

At the head of the table, Angel watched, sipping on a glass of blood. “It has something to do with the Senior Partners. I know it. I’m getting Gunn in there tomorrow to see them.” To that, Gunn nodded. “If we offer some sort of extreme kind of goodwill in the form of some kind of value, they might give us an idea of how we can get to her, or find out what happened to her.”

Dawn’s fork clattered to the plate on the table, all the color rushing from her face, and she swept a large lock of brown hair out of her eyes. “What if she was there, under the….

Everyone stopped and stared at her.

No one moved.

She looked up, more brave than her years. “Could we take a team up here to look? Maybe do some sort of locator spell?” Her voice was calm, but her eyes were far away. “Is there a spell we can do just to see if her bo-“ Spike laid his hand on her shoulder, and she looked at him. Her eyes were glistening, but her face brave, determined.

“Bit.”

“Spike.”

“Okay.”

He turned to the table, his eyes too, filling with tears so close. “Red? Can we find a spell to locate the possibility of maybe her being….” He trailed off, not quite meeting anyone in the eye.

Willow, who had been quiet, eating little bits when her stomach decided not to rebel on her, wiped her mouth and looked at Angel. “Do we have anything that might have been hers?” Angel nodded. “I will work on it tonight.”

Spike nodded his thanks, which she returned. “Now. I’m about done, I’ll clear this clutter. Harris? Want to help me get this back to working order?”



No one talked, they just finished quietly. In minutes, everyone grabbed last bites, taking their plates or bowls to the trash, and each person went their separate ways for a short time to take care of their business.

Spike looked at Xander, “If she’s there mate,” he started quietly, so no one would hear, “you be the one to do it. I won’t be here without her again.”

Xander nodded, not wanting to kill him, but knew if he wasn’t such a coward, he would have already been in the same position as Spike and would have wanted the same from him. “Only if we’re sure.”

Spike smiled, swallowing hard. “Thank you.”