Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks once again to Eve for her help with Betaing this Fic....
I'll Always Come Back to you...

Chapter 3

Angel roared as he belted Spike in the stomach “You must be out of your tiny mind, if you think I would let this happen. Wesley get security, Spike’s leaving now before he fits in an ash tray.”

Wesley looked at both vampires, then at the tiny but very determined Slayer as she got herself off the stretcher and stood between the now warring vampires, who were both in game face.

“That is enough! Pack it in right now. Angel let go of him, Spike put your fangs away and don’t you dare bite Angel. I’m warning you, don’t you dare! Those fangs will only bite one neck after this is finished. Mine!”

“But he started it…” Spike whined, completely missing the offering of her neck.

“And I’m stopping it. I will not have you both acting like a pair of school boys fighting over me. It’s humiliating to both you and me and I will not stand for it. Do you both hear me, Spike, Angel?”

“Yes Buffy” Both vampires looked at their feet as they answered the now extremely pissed off Slayer. Spike scented the air and it smelled heavily of Slayer blood again, “Buffy love, please let Fred do something about your stomach. It’s bleeding again. I can smell it.” He hoped his concerned pleas would reach her; she was so mad he could feel the heat of her temper radiating off her.

Buffy sat back down on the stretcher. “Fred, could you please look at this wound. It really should have healed by now and I need to phone Giles too. Wesley can I have a phone please?”

Fred went over and took away the now blood soaked dressing she had applied in Angels office. The wound was deep, but showed no signs of being infected, which was a good thing and the only thing that Fred could think of what was slowing the healing could be Buffy’s sudden pregnancy, which apart from denying, Buffy hadn’t mentioned again.

“Buffy, about what Angel said, do you think it could possible you’re pregnant. I could do a test for you now if you need me to?” Fred needed the Slayer to know that Angel wasn’t lying and that, yes she really was pregnant and if she had to do a test for Buffy to believe, then so be it.

“I am not pregnant. I’ve only slept with Spike and being a vampire he can’t have children. Are you lot thick and simple too for god’s sake?”

This was becoming a joke now. Angel’s doctor friend wanted her to take a pregnancy test. They were just trying to stop her from being mated to Spike. Well they could try any ploy they wanted, she would mate with Spike the first chance she got.

Spike listened intently to the conversation between Fred and Buffy; Buffy was still denying she was pregnant with his child, maybe he could get her to take the test. Then they could be mated as soon as possible and leave this den of evil.

“Buffy, sweetheart, if you make the test, maybe they will believe that you’re not pregnant and if you are then we have been blessed don’t you think so...”

“Okay for you I’ll do the stupid test, but only to show I’m not, okay? Fred, what do I need to do? I’ve never taken one of these things before.”

Buffy was trying to appease everyone in the room, most of all her self. What if she really was pregnant? What would the baby be, a human or vampire, if it was a vampire would it eat her from the insides out?

Fred scuttled across the other side of the room and looked through a drawer in her desk producing a Clear Blue Pregnancy test and went back to Buffy.

“Um you need to pee on the tip of the stick. Then leave it for three minutes; if it comes up with a positive sign you’re pregnant. Would you like me to show you to the ladies room so you can do it in private?”

Looking at the box Fred had handed her, Buffy nodded her head that yes she would like to go to the ladies room. Following Fred she walked toward the block of toilets. She wasn’t pregnant and this was going to prove it. If she was, what would Giles say, oh my god, she could already hear Xander screaming about undead things impregnating the Slayer. No, she had decided that she wasn’t going to be pregnant. No way.

“Well, I’ll just stand outside so no one comes in okay? This way you’ll have a little privacy to do it.” Fred was looking to Buffy and opening the door to one of the cubicles in front of her.

“Remember, it takes three minutes to come up after you have done it, if you wash your hands and then dry them under the hot air blower, that’s normally about the right amount of time.” She had noticed that Buffy wasn’t wearing a watch, “Or I could leave you my watch if you want?”

“No, it’ll be fine. I’ll wash my hands and then I’ll call you back in okay?” Buffy told Fred as she prepared to do the silly test…

A couple of minutes later Spike and Angel heard Buffy screaming. Running towards the sound Spike barged past Fred into the ladies toilet block to find Buffy crumpled on the floor white stick in hand crying loudly “It is positive Spike, positive. What will Giles say and Xander?”

Going straight into denial she shook her head “No, it’s wrong. You can’t have children, you’re a vampire. VAMPIRES CAN’T HAVE CHILDREN, THEY TURN THEIR CHILDER. NO, IT’S A LIE.”

Holding on to Buffy Spike gently started to calm down the now distressed woman who he utterly adored and worshipped. She had to believe the test for both of their sakes. Picking her small petite frame up in his strong arms he stood to take her out of the toilet block.

“Fred, open the door, will you?” he called out to the waiting woman as the door was pushed open Spike stepped through to be confronted by Angel.

“I need to get her somewhere comfortable and I’m taking her up to your apartment, right!”

“Oh no, you’re not. She can go to one of the spare ones but not mine. Spike I know what you’re thinking, you put her in my bed so that you can mate her. Well it’s not going to happen, you hear me?” Angel was incensed at the audacity of his grand childe. He was not going to let this happen under his roof, no way.

“Who do you think I am, you Wanker? Do you really think I was just going in to mate her in the state she is? That I would initiate a ritual that will bind us for eternity and will show how much we love each other while she is crying and distressed? How daft can you be?”

Suddenly Buffy took in what was going on around her. They were arguing again. Wriggling she made Spike place her on her feet and then approaching Angel she spoke in cool even words. “Angel, if you lay one stinking hand on my future mate, I’ll stake you. Do you hear me? I bloody well mean it.

Spike, get your stuff, we’re leaving now. I’ll call Giles from the cab and tell him to expect us in London tomorrow evening. Wesley can you hand me a phone if you please or can someone phone us a cab, or would that be too much trouble too?”

No, she was the vampire Slayer, the head vampire Slayer, oldest in her line and these tin pot players would listen to her and her wishes, for now and forever. She would not let any of them come in her way or between her and Spike. Never…

Tbc