A/N: Well, people! here's anotehr update! You were very, very good readers and left reviews =) Reviews make me a happy K_E_M lol

Well... short chapter ahead, but I promise chapters will get longer with time lol =D Hope you enjoy it, my beautiful people =)

Chapter II: Home is where your heart is

When Buffy arrived at what would be her new home for the next month, she couldn’t help but notice how beautiful the penthouse was. The living room was almost as big as her old apartment and it had windows that went from the floor to the ceiling. The apartment was already furnished, and Buffy was thankful for it. There was no need to worry about bringing hers and Spike’s things here. There was a big couch in front of a huge TV, complete with a Home-theater set. **It seems that Giles had very good taste in decoration, it's very nice, and all, but… as they say, home is where your heart is… I wish you were here, Giles…**

Buffy explored the house slowly. She went through the kitchen, the bathrooms, the rooms, and the apartment’s little terrace, which Buffy discovered, had a little Jacuzzi hidden in the far corner amongst some plants.

After seeing almost the entire house, she went to the room she had now claimed as hers to put away the clothes and cosmetics she had picked up at her house after her little “meeting” with Spike.

**At least the house is big enough, so we don’t have to see each other that much…**

Her room was quite spacious, with cream and light green colored walls, it had a four poster bed that was the focus of attention for the room, two bedside tables and its own bathroom. Buffy entered the bathroom to discover that it had a huge shower, and a bathtub that could easily accommodate five people.

Later, she took a shower, and when leaving her room, she noticed a door at the back of the hallway that led to the terrace that she hadn’t seen before. Curiosity got the best of her, and she stepped through the threshold.

It was a library.

There were five or six bookshelves on the walls that went from floor to ceiling, all of them packed with books.

Buffy started to go through the books.

There were many of Giles’ favorites: Edgar Allan Poe, Jane Austen, and finally, Shakespeare.

Going through the Shakespearean part of the library, Buffy tried to hold back tears.

Othello, King Lear, Hamlet, A Midsummer night’s Dream….

Grabbing the next book in the shelf, she slid down to the floor.

Macbeth...

And then, with the book clutched to her chest, she started to sob.

With a week as busy as the one she'd had to go through, she hadn’t had time to really cry over her father’s death. She thought that she had to stay strong, not for anyone else, but for herself. In fact, she had no one else for whom she had to stay strong, so she just had to do it for herself; but seeing that book, it brought back memories of happy times with her beloved dad and it just caused her to break. The wall she had formed around her heart had crumbled, and she couldn’t do anything else but to sob her heart out.

And that was how Spike found her. Lying face down on the floor crying, with Shakespeare’s Macbeth firmly clutched to her chest.

“Buffy? Pet, are you okay?” She obviously wasn’t, because, for starters, one didn’t cry that way while being okay, and second, she hadn’t even acknowledged his presence in the room. He proceeded cautiously toward her, trying not to scare her. “Buffy?”

“S… Spike?” she lifted her head from the floor and looked directly at him

Spike stared at her. She was quite beautiful, even with her eye makeup smeared, and her eyes swollen from crying. “Buffy, luv, what’s wrong?”

“Go away, Spike, you and I know that you don’t care about anything!” she resumed her crying, and Spike felt that her tears were all his fault

“Umm… I’m sorry for what happened back at the Espresso Pump, luv… I was just trying to annoy you. I’m sorry if that made you feel offended”

“Offended? Spike, you don’t know the half of it. My step-father just died, and the only person that seems to really care about him is ME! At his funeral, a flock of hypocrites from his job were just searching for any chance to get a part of his money. In the streets, everyone that knew him just came to me and gave me fake condolences, only to ask me later about his inheritance. And then, I meet you. His only living relative, and, as it turns out, you only care about his money too!” When she'd finished her outburst, Buffy broke down again, and bawled into her hands.

“Buffy, I didn’t mean it sound the way it came out! Of course I loved old Rupes! He was like a father to me!”

“Well, he was like a father to me too, and let me tell you, you didn’t seem to care too much. You weren’t here for his funeral, and you never called or visited him before…”

“I’m sorry, Buffy, I know I fucked up everything, but I had my reasons, you know? Besides, I was in England. No one told me he was ill or anything till a few days ago when they called me to tell me he had included me in his will”

“That’s not an excuse, Spike…”

“I know it’s too late for excuses, Buffy, but the thing is that I’m sorry for what I said and how I said it…”

“I miss him so much…”

“I know, pet, it will go away with time…” **It doesn’t hurt to lie a little bit, does it?**

When he felt her sobs die away, Spike pulled away from her and cleaned the wet tracks her tears had left on her cheeks.

“You okay now?” she nodded lightly, and suddenly pulled away, stood up and started for the door.

“Listen, Spike, this doesn’t mean that we’re friends or anything… I’m still really mad at you for not calling dad or anything, so don’t expect me to go all soft with you from now on, okay?” her back was to him, and she was sporting a totally serious face.

Spike’s smirk was back on his mouth in less than a second

“Wouldn’t want it any other way, luv”

“Good” And then, she smiled and went to her room for a good night’s sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it, people! I wanna know what u think! And remember! Reviews keep the updates coming! lol