Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter's title comes from Blink 182's song, 'What's my age again' lol
A/N: OMG!!!! Almost 40 reviews with only three chapters! I feel soooo honored, guys! For my first story, this is just great! You make me feel so happy! =) I hope you like this updatey =P Love ya!

Chapter III: What’s my age again?

Saturdays… Oh, God bless them.

Buffy was grateful it was Saturday. She loved Saturdays because it was the one night a week when she didn’t have to worry about going to work the next day.

**I just wish the gallery could take care of itself** The gallery, was another inheritance Buffy had received, but that one, was given to her after her mother’s death. Joyce had wished for the business to stay in the family, so she left it to her husband and daughter.

Sitting on a stool at the local club, The Bronze, Buffy was debating between just going home, or getting completely drunk.

She considered that maybe the first option was the best one, since alcohol and Buffy Summers were definitely of the non-mixy.

She was about to leave when she heard someone calling her name. When she turned around, she saw it was her best friend and co-worker, Willow Rosenberg.

“Hi Buffy! What are you doing here?” she asked, as soon as she got close enough for Buffy to hear her over the loud music currently playing

“Hey Wills! I was just leaving, I was so bored here. But now since you’re here I guess we can have a drink or something? Maybe chat a little?”

“Definitely. Let’s go to that table over there” Buffy and Willow sat in an empty stall near the pool tables and ordered a pair of cokes.

“So, what have you been up to since last time you were in work?” said Willow with a semi-sarcastic tone. Buffy had been absent from work for three days. She knew that she had been busy with all the things concerning her father’s burial, but she was a little mad for her not calling her at least to tell her she was okay.

“I’m so sorry I haven’t showed any signs of life, Wills, is just that my life the last few days have been pretty chaotic”

“Really? What’s wrong? I have been calling your house to see if you were ok, but no one answered”

“That’s the thing Willow, I moved out of my apartment… at least temporarily”

“You moved out? Why? Was there something wrong?”

“Nope. Giles left me his old apartment as an inheritance. You know, the big one he never let us visit?”

“Oh, yeah, the big pent-house? So, why is that ‘chaotic’?”

“Well, in his will, there was a little clause that said that I have to share the apartment with his nephew, Spike. Either we share, or we don’t get anything… he’s a big pain in the ass, to put it lightly”

“Oh, God, you should have told me! I could have given you moral support or something…”

“Too late for that, Wills.” Buffy sighed “I’m gonna go get some drinks. Want anything?”

“A pina colada, if it’s not too much of a bother, Buff”

“Great, give me a second. I’ll be right back”

Buffy went through the multitude of people to get to the bar. She signaled the bartender to come over,

“A pina colada and a Cosmopolitan, please”

“Should’ve known that you would prefer fruity, girly drinks, pet”

Buffy shivered in distaste. That accent, that mocking voice… could only belong to one person

“Well, hello, Spike… what brings you HERE tonight?” Buffy emphasized the word ‘here’ as in ‘how the hell do you dare being in the same place as me on my SATURDAY night out?’

“I was just here for a couple of drinks. Seems that this is the only decent place in Sunnydale where you can get a good taste of alcohol”

Buffy hated to agree, but it was true “Yeah, pretty much…”

“So, what brings YOU here tonight, luv?” he asked, smirking

“I was having a chat with a friend of mine who just happened to come here tonight too”

“And before that?”

“Ummm…” ok, so she couldn’t tell him she pretty much had no social life whatsoever. She’d be seen as a total idiot.

“You tend to get speechless around me, Buffy. Why would that be? You get all sixteen-year-old-girl with me.”

“I do not! Why would I do that?”

“I asked you that first, pet”

Steam almost flowed out of Buffy’s ears. Sarcastic idiot.

“You… I… You act as if you were five, Spike! Grow up!”

“Oh, so now we are gonna start with the age games, pet? Well, I’ll tell you my age if you tell me yours…”

“Forget it! I’m not gonna tell you anything…” Buffy tried to leave, but Spike grabbed her hand, and she instantly swung her hand in the general direction of his face…

“OW!!! YOU BITCH!!!”

…and got his nose.

“Umm… you… deserved it?” said Buffy, in a small voice

“That HURT! I was only trying to be friendly!”

“That’s not friendly! It’s annoying!”

“You only get annoyed because you have no sense of humor whatsoever”

“I have a sense of humor! I have a whole… bunch of it!”

“Oh, really? Well, it doesn’t seem like that! To me, you’re a bitter, annoying, spoiled brat!”

“Yeah? Well, then you’re a big asshole!”

And with that, she stormed off, and to her table.

“Buffy, what happened? You took an awful lot of time.”

“’The Big Jackass’ was here. We fought… AGAIN”

“Oh, that’s too bad…”

“It’s not bad… I don’t care about it… In fact, I don’t care about HIM.”

“Oh, Buffy, do you think it best if we leave?”

“Maybe… ummm… so, I’ll see you at the gallery on Monday? Maybe we could get some coffee tomorrow night?”

“The coffee thing… I can’t. Oz invited me to have dinner at a restaurant”

Immediately, Buffy felt her humor go better. Oz was Willow’s boyfriend, and had been for the past three years. He had been acting suspiciously the last few months. Taking discreet measures of Willow’s finger, investigating about birthstones and reading wedding magazines when he thought no one was watching… Willow, being the clueless little person she was, hadn’t noticed anything, but Buffy, of course, had. She felt really happy that her friend was probably going to have the moment she had been secretly hoping for since she and Oz had became a couple.

“Oh, that’s ok, Wills, if you can’t, don’t worry, we can take coffee after work on Monday”

“That’s great, Buffy. So, see ya soon!”

“Bye, Willow! Take care!”

Willow took off. It was then, that Buffy remembered a little detail. She didn’t have anyone to take her home **Dammit! I should have asked Willow if she could give me a ride…**

It was not that late. 10:15 pm, her watch read. But in a small town like Sunnydale the streets emptied pretty early, leaving nothing more than badness out there.

Letting out a big sigh, she took her purse and went to the exit. **I guess there’s no other option but to walk** she thought.

The streets were empty, of course. Normally she didn’t walk home after a night at The Bronze. She had her own car, a 2002 Toyota Yaris she had bought after saving for more than two years, but currently it was on the parking lot with a flat tire, and she didn’t have a clue how that had happened. Speaking of which, she had to fix it tomorrow. Walking was so not an option…

Buffy tried walking fast, and tried not to look scared. If some of those nasties that were out there saw she was scared, they would consider her easy prey.

The Bronze was about four blocks from her new house, which was relatively near, so she continued walking.

When she was about two blocks and a half away, she heard the distinct sound of steps.

Buffy didn’t show any signs of being scared, but internally, she was trembling. **Oh, my God… please, please, don’t come onto me… I’m so close to being home…**

Suddenly the sound stopped. **Ok, I guess that’s good**

Buffy continued walking, and when she was two blocks away and could clearly see the building, the steps continued. **Damn! Leave me alone, would ya’?**

Then, there was a laugh. Buffy turned around, only to find the street completely empty. Ok, so now she was getting a little bit scared. She scanned her surroundings for a moment, before turning around…

“Boo!” Buffy flied back from the scare and landed square in her ass. The laugh she had heard before echoed through the street. “That was soooo funny, luv!”

Spike.

“Goddammit, Spike! You scared me! I thought you could be a thief, or even worse, a rapist! You can’t fucking play that kind of game, Spike! You just can’t!”

Spike’s laugh slowly came to an end, and he looked at her with a smirk. “Oh, well, you didn’t seem very scared before, Miss ‘I-am-not-scared-of-walking-home’” he said, with a raised eyebrow.

“Whatever, Spike… Just leave me alone.”

“Don’t be a bitch, Summers. I’ll walk you home”

“I don’t want to walk home with you!” then, something occurred to Buffy, and she smirked. “Were you following me home?”

Spike’s eyes widened, and he shook his head. “Of course not! Why would I do that?”

Buffy’s smirk was still firmly into place. Spike sighed in defeat.

“Okay, so I saw you get out of The Bronze, and, well, a lady can’t walk home alone at night…”

This time, Buffy’s eyes narrowed. “How did you know I was going to walk home? I could have gone out to get my car… You couldn’t have known I didn’t have a car. You left the house before me, and the tire didn’t pop till sometime this afternoon…”

Again, Spike smirked. “Well, luv, I thought that maybe you were not gonna go out if you found you had a flat tire, so I kind of… flattened it”

Buffy’s eyes widened. “You popped my tire just to annoy me?”

“Yup. You looked sooo happy this morning… and I heard you talk to someone on the phone about going to the local club… so I decided to spoil your fun. But it seems to me that no one can spoil Saturday-Buffy’s fun”

“Aaarrrgghhh! You’re an IDIOT! Can you grow up? That was so fourth grade, Spike! You are so childish! First you scare the crap out of me, and now this!”

“Well, it was fun”

“You know you’re gonna pay for the repairing, right?”

“I dunno, luv… I’m kinda poor…” he said with a teasing smile.

“Spike…” she said, with a menacing tone.

“Don’t worry, luv. I planned to do it anyway… I did it, I'll pay for it.”

“It’s the least you can do…”she said, between gritted teeth.

“That’s right. So… walk you home?” Spike said, with a surprisingly friendly smile.

Buffy stared at him for a moment, before smiling slightly.

“Okay”

Both of them with a small smile on their lips, walked home in silence and without looking at each other. That's, until Spike broke the silence.

“I knew you weren’t gonna resist my manly charms, and you’d let me walk you home” he said, finally looking at her, with a mocking expression.

“Shut up”

And then, both laughed, and shortly got home safe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, a very childish chapter for all of you people's enjoyment xD
Hope you liked it =), let me know what you think. Your reviews make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You guys are the best! =D Hope to see more of those reviews coming! Love them!

See ya on the next update! =D Bye-bye!