Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter's title comes from Billy Idol's song, Dancing with myself =)
A/N: YIPPEEEEE!!! You guys are awesome! Thank you sooooo much for your wonderful feedback! You really blow me away! It means the world to me this one has such a great response! Thank you very, very much! Hope you enjoy this chapter! =) So... here's it!!

Chapter VII: Dancing with myself

Spike was happy he was getting home early. His job interviews had gone well, and he was almost sure he was going to get a steady job in The Bronze. The manager, some guy called Lorne had said he was a nice guy, and had told him that the job was pretty much his, since he had sung so well in his audition.

He was in front of the apartment building, after having gone to get Buffy’s car fixed. Now that he thought about it, that joke HAD been pretty lame. He was not a child, for God’s sakes… He didn’t know what it was about Buffy that made him want to annoy her.

When he got to the apartment’s door, he started wondering if his packages had arrived.

He got his answer as soon as he opened the door and saw Buffy staring at one of the paintings.

One of HIS paintings.

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING?” Why the hell did everyone always meddle in his private life?! He didn’t go prying on other people dammit!

Okay, so that wasn’t entirely true. Maybe he liked to meddle into Buffy’s personal life a LITTLE bit. He didn’t know why. Maybe all about her seemed like a mystery to him.

“Umm… I’m sorry, Spike… I’m….” he hadn’t realized that Buffy was trying to explain herself to him. He tried to get past his fury and listen to her.

He wanted to see what kind of excuse she had for this.

“I… saw that this were paintings… and since I have an art gallery, I was curious… these are really good… I’m…”

“Oh, so they’re pretty good?” Spike said in an irate and sarcastic tone, which Buffy completely ignored “So... what do you plan to do? Make a showing of my paintings in your gallery?”

“Well, since they’re so good… maybe… I thought…” Buffy looked like a deer caught in headlights. She still hadn’t got up from the floor, her eyes were wide in fear, and her mouth was slightly open.

NO

“Why?”

“Because they’re mine, and they’re private. I made them for myself”

“But they’re so good, you could…”

“I said NO, Buffy. It’s not any of your business, so stop trying to make it happen”

Spike finally moved from the doorway, and proceeded to get his paintings from the floor, starting with the one that was uncovered. He got as many as he could in his arms and started for his room.

“What are you waiting for? Get up from the floor and get away from my bloody paintings, you stupid bint!”

Buffy got up slowly, her eyes starting to tear up. She ran for her room, passing beside him, murmuring a quick apology and closing her door behind her.

Spike heard her start to sob as soon as she got into her room. And it made him feel bad about himself. He had made her cry… again

And why did he care? She was the one that had been sticking her nose in his things. He didn’t know what he felt anymore.

He went to his room, deposited the paintings on the floor and went to get the rest. Locking himself in his room as soon as he had finished.

--------**********--------

Buffy didn’t know why she was crying. He had yelled at her, so what? She could take more. She was strong! Lately, she cried at anything.

That same morning in the cab, her eyes had teared up because she had seen a little girl and her dad playing in a park. Then, while walking back home, she had passed a bookstore and had decided to go in, only to find many books that had happy families in the cover.

Once again, she had been blinded by her tears.

She had walked home slowly after exiting the store, trying to get herself together. She was not weak. She was not weak

By the time she had gotten home, her feelings had been calm again.

She really was living an emotional roller-coaster…

She got in her bed after laying on the floor for about ten minutes, and continued to cry into her pillow.

She wanted to know why the hell she was crying. It wasn’t because of the yelling, or because of Spike being mad at her, God knew she didn’t care.

**Maybe because you saw another woman in those paintings?** That little voice was definitely not helping… not at all, all because it was wrong.

So totally wrong…

Well, she had felt disappointed in herself, because she had broken the number one rule she had mentally set before moving.

Do not meddle into anything to do with Spike.

Maybe she could… apologize? She had opened his painting, and without his permission. He didn’t want her to see them. They were his. She didn’t have to be a nosy roommate and see it. It was not hers.

Yeah, maybe she should… apologize.

He always did, after all…

Well, she had to be decent, and civilized.

It was her fault, actually, so… yeah, apologizing. She was going to go to Spike’s room and apologize, sincerely to him.

Why wasn’t she getting up from the bed? Was it that difficult? Was her pride that big?

Well, yeah

Even if it had been her fault, she didn’t want to apologize, just because she didn’t want to admit her mistakes.

“You have to be responsible for your actions, Buffy” Giles and her mom had always said it. She had thought they were right, so… she had to do it. For them. She was gonna make them proud.

She left her room, with her head down looking like she was being led to her execution.

Spike’s room was only a few steps from hers, but it seemed like a million.

She was being childish and stupid again. She knew it, but she couldn’t help it. It was Spike’s fault. He made her act this way.

She knocked on his door, and a few seconds later, Spike opened it, looking clearly surprised. He got only his head out, and raised his eyebrow.

“Anything you wanted, luv?”

“I… ummmm…” Buffy stuttered. She was STUTTERING. Buffy Summers didn’t stutter. EVER.

“Well?”

“I just wanted to tell you that… I’m… sorry, Spike… I shouldn’t have gone through your paintings… Those were private… It was very disrespectful of me”

Immediately, Spike’s eyes softened, and he came out from behind the door, opening it half way.

“Apology accepted, pet… and since you apologized, I’m sorry for yelling at you…”

“Oh, no, I deserved it… you don’t have to…”

“No, Buffy, you don’t deserve anyone treating you like a dog… that’s what I did, I’m sorry. I overreacted”

Buffy knew he hadn’t, she would have reacted the same way if someone had been messing with her personal belongings…

She hadn’t realized Spike had his door almost completely open until now, so she just COULDN’T help to sneak a peek at what was inside. She just loved sticking her nose in other people’s business, didn’t she? Well, more like she liked Spike’s business… She was debating between moral or curiosity…

Obviously, curiosity won.

She discreetly watched Spike’s room. While he had said that her room had a feminine touch, his room was completely masculine. His walls were of a deep blue color, just like his eyes. **Wait a minute. When did I realize his eyes were blue? And more importantly, what SHADE of blue they were?** She mentally shook her head and continued spying. The bed was the same as hers, just that the sheets were a light blue. He had his bathroom, which she assumed he had not fixed yet, and a big window, almost completely covered by curtains, the walls were empty, except for a painting he had just in front of his bed. He could distinguish a man and a woman, but no faces. The dark didn’t let her see anything else.

“Luv?”

“Huh?” Oh, great. Was that the only word of her vocabulary when it came to Spike-related issues?

“You know, I’m getting tired of you not listening to me. Maybe next time I’ll e-mail what I say to you, so I don’t waste my voice, repeating it over and over…”

“I’m sorry! Jeez! You don’t have to be all cynical about it…”

“Yeah, well, I was wondering if I could borrow your shower again? I called the plumber this morning… He said that…”

“I’ll fix it”

“What?”

“I said I’d fix it.”

“Uhmmm… you know about plumbing, luv?”

“Of course! I used to do all the plumbing in my old house!” Okay, that wasn’t entirely true, but… she wanted to see who were the two people in the painting. Badly. She didn’t know a thing about plumbing, but… Spike didn’t know that, right?

“Okay… If you wanna… Do you wanna do it now?”

“Yeah, okay”

Spike let her in, and immediately her nostrils were invaded with a very masculine, musky scent.

A scent that obviously belonged to Spike. And she liked it.

She walked across the room, watching the painting in her way to the bathroom.

A man and a woman. They were posing very close to each other. Not like friends, but neither like passionate lovers. She could recognize Spike in it, and the woman, was the same as in the painting she had uncovered when getting home.

The same beautiful raven-haired, green-eyed woman.

Now that she had seen her painting, she continued walking almost mechanically to the bathroom. **Who could that woman be?**

When she got to the shower, Spike pointed out the problem.

“See, the showerhead doesn’t work. I open the water, and the damn thing doesn’t drip a single drop of water”

Buffy didn’t have a clue what to do, so she decided to improvise.

“Uhhmmm.. you got tools?” She begged that he didn’t but no such luck

“Yeah, I wanted to see if I could fix it, but nothing.”

“Okay” Buffy took the tools and started looking at the showerhead as if she had a clue of what she was doing. She grabbed some tools and started to dismantle the whole piping system.

Unexpectedly, Buffy opened the water, and said. “Well… this thing clearly doesn’t w…” Her words were cut out by a sudden burst of water from one of the pipes that drenched her from head to toe.

Spike instantly laughed out loud.

Buffy glared at him “It’s not funny! This thing is messed up!”

Spike opened his eyes, and prepared to answer, but his mouth was left closed by the sight before him.

Buffy’s white tank was totally drenched, which left her pink, pebbled nipples on display. He openly stared at her chest, with his lips slightly parted.

Buffy started to wonder where Spike’s snappy comeback was, instead the muted blonde, was just staring at her…

Or more like at her chest….

She looked down, to find her tank clinging to her skin, see-through, and showing her breasts completely.

“Eeeeeep!!!”

It only took a second for her to cover herself with her arms and run out of the room.

-------------------------------******************-------------------------------

Spike was left standing in his bathroom, staring at the place where Buffy had been only moments ago.

He went to close his room’s door, that had been left open by Buffy in her hurry to escape, and laid down on the bed. He stared briefly at his crotch and sighed.

He now had to relieve himself, all thanks to the bloody chit…

At least he was starting to admit that she made him hot…

And with that, he started stroking his cock, images of a naked Buffy in front, beside, under, and over him, flooding his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------
Yum!!! Nekkid, hot and bothered Spikey! (lol)
Well, hope you liked this one! Please, tell me what you think! =D the more reviews there is, next chapter comes sooner! lol
Love y'all! Thank you for your support!