Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy this chapter, I don't know if I'll have time to add any more later....Easter sunday so happy Easter to those celebrating and don't eat too many chocolate eggs
Chapter ten

Everyone looked at the door as once again someone rang the bell.

“Is anyone going to answer that or are we just standing around in a circle waiting for it to open bit itself?” Buffy asked as she came down the stairs freshly bathed and dressed in a skirt and another one of Spike’s shirts.

“Um, I was just going to kitten. “

Spike knew that his sire was on the other side of the door. How could Giles and his childe be so stupid to bring her here? Oh no, Spike didn’t want to open the door, but if he didn’t, Buffy would. Stepping towards it, he pulled the catch down and swung the large wooden door open.

Andrew and Xander had waited patiently for the door to be opened; they already had the hunch, that nobody was eager to open the door for them because of their cargo. Behind them on the road stood a black hearse with a coffin on show in which Drusilla was safely contained. The undertaker had no knowledge that his cargo was a drugged vampire. The only information he got was that he should deliver to the address in which he now stood parked in front of.

“Spike, the undertaker has your mother’s body, where would you like him to put the coffin?” Xander asked loud enough for the man to hear the conversation between him and Spike.

“I don’t know Xander. I’ll ask Buffy ok? That’s quite the surprise for us, that the body is here so quick.”

Spike was so angry, that his eyes changed from blue to yellow and back again and he had trouble keeping his face from changing to game face. He stood clenching his fists, which itched to get a hold on Xander and Andrew to rip off their heads.

“Buffy, sweetheart, my mother is here now. Where would we like the undertaker to put the coffin?”

Spike hoped that Buffy would realize that he meant Drusilla and that she would also need an invitation to be brought into the house whether she was contained or not. It had to be Buffy that gave the invite because no one else could do it since Willow’s spell to ward the house.

Looking completely shocked Buffy stepped forwards towards her mate and whispered in his ear, “Do you mean Dru’s here baby?” Spike just nodded his response and Buffy continued to whisper to him, “Do you want her to be able to come in here honey?” as she whispered calmly in his ear she started to caress Spike’s mating mark with her fingers. He was so tense and distressed now it was making her feel ill. Spike nodded once more and Buffy pulled his head down closer and deeply kissed the wound up vampire. Pulling away to catch her breath, Buffy turned towards the rest of the group.

“Giles, tell the undertaker that they should come around to the back. We’ll be putting Drusilla in the basement den. Eve, are you okay with Tara for a few minutes?”

Everyone was quick to reply to Buffy’s questions; Eve went and took Tara over to the sofa singing a gentle German lullaby to the now exhausted infant. Poor Tara had been crying constantly all day, but from moment Drusilla was near she seemed to calm down.

Giles went over to the door and spoke to Andrew and Xander.

“Take the undertaker around to the back. Buffy and Spike will meet you there.”

“Willow, Dawn, perhaps some tea might be in order if you both don’t mind and Beatrice would you please come with me and Buffy? Maybe we can use your help with Spike’s mother.”

Giles and the rest of the group turned to leave the front lobby and went through the kitchen to the back door.

Buffy waited a bit and let the group make their way to the kitchen first. She took Spike’s hand in hers and sent him calming and loving thoughts and feelings through their bond to calm him down some more. She lead him to the backdoor where Giles now had it open and the undertaker and his colleague stood with the coffin on a trolley.

“Where would you like us to put the coffin Mrs. Summers?”

“Just one moment please.” Buffy step forwards towards the coffin and lent down. Quietly and not loud enough for the two undertakers to hear, but loud enough that Drusilla would, she spoke, “Drusilla, I welcome you to my home. Please come in.”

Standing up straight again she looked at Spike and nodded her head to tell him that the rest was in his hands and she would be there for him.

“Um… can you bring her this way please? She is going in the basement den for now. It was quiet sudden, you know? We weren’t expecting anything like this.” Spike spoke to the undertakers with a voice sounding full of grief and a bit choked up.

After ten minutes Drusilla’s coffin lay in the den, the undertakers where gone and the scoobies stood around the coffin.

“Well, lets get the top off, then. Dru never liked to be in narrow rooms.”

Spike felt that Drusilla was still omitting distress calls even though she seemed to be sleeping.

“What if she attacks us?” Dawn asked warily.

“She won’t. I won’t let her and neither will Beatrice Nibblet. Don’t worry now. In fact, why don’t you go see that Eve’s ok with Tara and then help Willow with the tea. We’ll be up as soon as we have Dru safely chained up.”

“Okay, if you’re sure that no one’s going to get hurt down here and she isn’t going to come eat me and Tara, I’ll go.”

“I’m sure platelet, now go on.” Spike kissed the worried teenager on the top of her head and gently pushed her towards the stairs. As soon as she had left, Spike turned to Xander and growled, “Well, do you have anything to get the top off before she claws her way out of the coffin and gets a fit? She not going to sleep for ever, you know whelp!”

“Okay, okay dead boy, I‘ve got a screwdriver in my tool box over there on the bench, see! And I was just going to get it out, so if you don’t mind getting out the way I’ll get it now!” Xander shoved his way passed Spike and Andrew to the open tool bag on the bench and took out a flat bladed screwdriver. Going back to the coffin he began taking out the screws that held the lid firmly in place. Suddenly he stopped and jumped back as Drusilla screamed from within her confines.

“My Spike, help me! It’s dark. Mummy doesn’t like the dark, nor does Miss Edith! Help mummy my Spike. Oh the bad boys have trapped your Princess, help me, please. The Baby pixie still calls for help too…….so loud, everything is dark and loud…”

Spike pushed Xander out of the way, gripped the edge of the lid and with brute force ripped the lid away with his bare hands. His sire flung herself into his arms sobbing only to pull away again hissing.

“You smell of the sunshine SSSSS and you don’t love your mummy any more!” Turning around she saw Beatrice and beckoned her forwards her.

“Your daddy doesn’t love grandma anymore. Help grandma out of this horrible thing and we can find the baby pixie to help her.”

“Spike what is she talking about?” Buffy asked as she went over to her mate puzzled at the reaction and conversation between Drusilla and her mate.

“What baby pixie? There aren’t any pixies about, otherwise Willow would have sensed them by now and told us about it.”

Spike looked at Beatrice and his sire for confirmation and then at Buffy to tell her about his theory.

“I think she can feel Baby Tara. I could feel Drusilla calling all day but underlying that, there was another call which I took for one of her minions calling us, as it wasn’t as strong. But now Drusilla is here with us and the pull is still there. I can feel that the source is close, like just above me close.”

“What are you on about Spike? Have lost your mind? Tara is a BABY. The only thing she knows how to do is cry, which is what she has been doing all day remember?”

Buffy was now extremely distressed. Above them her baby was crying loudly again and now Spike was telling her that she was calling to all the vampires in the Aurelian family. No, this just couldn’t be...

Tbc