Author's Chapter Notes:
Please leave a review it pleases my muse so much he wants me to write more if I get lots!


this has been nominated for best Baby fic atTitel oder Beschreibung
and a big thanks goes to Evelyne for the betaing...
Chapter twelve

After hearing the commotion in the basement, Beatrice came back down the stairs. As soon as Spike saw her he passed Tara to her and then ran to where Buffy was shaking his sire back and forth.

“Buffy, let go of her, your hurting her, let go!”

He took grip of Buffy’s fingers and began to pry them away from Drusilla’s arm. She was using her full slayer strength to shake the poor deranged vampiress about.

“Spike, make her tell us about Angel. Make her, please?”

Buffy was becoming more and more agitated by the wailing of Drusilla and now Spike wanted her to let go of the vampire. How could she find out from Drusilla the way her sister could be able to help, if Spike didn’t let her get the information out of her?

There was another loud bang at the front door and Drusilla wailed again that her daddy was there and that the sunshine was hurting her.

“Buffy, for the last time, please let her go… “

Spike wanted to go to the front door, but there was no way he would be leaving his mate with his sire. He loved Buffy more than anything else, but he couldn’t let her hurt Drusilla, if she knew how to stop Angel.

Suddenly, Buffy let go of Drusilla and because of the force behind Buffy’s release; Buffy and Spike stumbled backwards and nearly fell over into a tangled heap on the floor. Without saying a word he tried to pull her towards the stairs to where Beatrice still stood with Tara sleeping soundly in her arms, but he wasn’t having much luck, as Buffy fought against him. She still tried with all her might to get back to his sire. Wrapping one of his arms around her waist to hold on to his struggling mate he spoke to Beatrice.

“Beatrice, put Tara up in our bedroom please. Then see to your grand sire and put some clothes on her. I’m sure Red will have something suitable, she likes the old styles. And bloody well feed her, will ya? Her wailing is driving me bonkers.”

Buffy was squirming in his grip again and tried to break his hold on her, but Spike didn’t budge.

“Spike, let me go! I need to find out, what that bitch of your sire knows and how dare she feed my child. A fuckin’ whore is she. Only God knows, who she’s been eating and sleeping with? They could have had anything… yuck urhh!”

Buffy was still trying to worm her way out of Spikes grip and although he held by her wrist in one arm and his other wrapped around her waist, he wasn’t hurting her.

“Spike let me go now!”

Buffy was becoming more pissed off by the second. If he didn’t let her go this very instant, he was in big trouble, mate or not mate.

“No I won’t. You are coming upstairs with me now! We are going to answer the front door to bloody Peaches and tell him to fuck off and then we’ll come back and find out what Dru knows, calmly, without you nearly shaking her head off.”

As soon he finished speaking, Spike lent into Buffy’s neck and bit down hard on his mating claim. “Mine!”

“Yours!” Buffy mumbled back in reply. She was pissed off, he had bit her in front of Beatrice and Drusilla, but she knew he was asserting his authority in front his childe and sire. She stopped struggling in his arms and let Spike lead her to the stairs. They would get the answers from Drusilla. Spike had said so and usually, if he said he was going to do something, he done it.

When they neared the stairs, they saw Giles standing with a loaded crossbow in his hands in the door to the basement.

“Angel is at the door. Buffy, can you please tell me why Spike is holding you like that and the reason for your bleeding neck?”

Giles let out a weary sigh at the picture the mated pair presented and the wailing of Drusilla that had yet to cease.

“Because Rupert, she nearly shook what little brain my loony sire has left out of her skull and wouldn’t listen to me. As for her neck, I just reinforced my mating claim so the ponce at the door can smell it, my childe and sire know that I am not a wimp and that Buffy doesn’t pull all the shots in this household, okay? Does that answer your questions? As you just said, Angel’s at the door, wanker that he is….”

Still holding on to Buffy, Spike made his way through the kitchen.



At the front door Angel was infuriated. Twice he’d knocked on the door and no one had answered. Behind it, he could hear people moving about and he could also feel Drusilla’s presence within the house.

“I’m going to kill that little bastard. How dare he call his sire here to interfere with my business?”

Turning on the step he called to Wesley.

“Wes, get your arse up here now! Get this door open, I don’t care how you do it, I want it open now! Get in there and get me my queen…I’m not waiting here any longer. Move!”

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you Wes. Angel, how are you keeping?”

Faith stood twiddling a stake between her fingers just yards from the house and behind her were several of the younger slayers.

“Faithy, how nice to see you again, you haven’t killed anyone by mistake again, have you?”

Angel looked with contempt at the Slayer and her band of wannabes. There was no way she was going to stop his plans. He would have his queen one way or another. Banging his fist on the door again, he was surprised when it suddenly sprang open.

“What the fuck do you want Peaches? Stop banging on the door, we aren’t fuckin’ deaf you know?”

Looking down the street and seeing Faith, Spike called to her.

“Are you coming in Faith or are you just going to stand there all evening? And bring that rabble with you.”

“How dare you speak to me like that?”

Angel went to punch Spike but his fist hit the invisible barrier at the threshold of the door and he was rebounded back a bit by the force.

“Wesley, Gunn get here now! Get that idgit out here. I’ve had enough of his impertinence.”

“I’ve already told you Wes, I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Hey Spike! B okay? How’s the rug rat? We brought pressies for her, see?”

Faith gestured behind her to the other slayers and they held up the gift bags they were carrying.

“Come on, let’s go see that baby, out of the way Angel.”

Faith pushed past Angel, let the younger slayers enter the house and then she turn back to a stunned Angel and held her stake to his heart.

“By the way, I know you don’t have your soul and if you want to stay alive, you better vamoose now! Go shoo….”

“Faith, don’t stake him yet and get in here!”

Buffy pulled the other slayer through the doorway and slammed the door in Angel’s stunned face.

“We need help with Drusilla. She is downstairs and Spike said we’d find out what she knows about this shit with Angel.”

“B? You know, you just slammed the door in Angel face? Are you really that much over him? Man, I didn’t think I’d see the day, that you would ever turn your back on him.”

Faith was slightly shocked by Buffy’s reaction to her first love. She never saw her so indifferent in his presences. Maybe being mated to Spike made a difference after all….

TBC...