Author's Chapter Notes:
Please leave a review it pleases my muse so much he wants me to write more if I get lots!

Hooray This fic has received a nomination for best creative plot at Titel oder Beschreibung

and best Baby fic atTitel oder Beschreibung
Also thanks to Eve for her betaing work....
CHAPTER 4


Angel closed his eyes and thought about his new queen. He hoped that she would grow up to look just like Buffy.

For weeks now his bed had been empty. Nina had not gotten to the complex before the last full moon to be safe while her transformation and the Werewolf-Hunter Gib Cain had shot her, killing her instantly.

Now his bed wouldn’t be empty much longer, he would take Buffy back there. Even if he had to stake his grand childe, ok not that he would have problems staking Spike. He would enjoy it. He would take what was his, and Buffy was his and so was the child she was carrying. It didn’t matter to him that Buffy was mated to Spike; she would always be his...

Wesley looked over at the vampire Angel, “Are you sure you are doing the right thing? You know how badly it went when they left to go to London. Buffy damn well threatened to stake you if you didn’t let them leave.”

“Wesley shut up. I’m going to fetch them both to come home with me. It was you, who found the clause in the Aurelian Claim codex. Without that, I would never be able to take what’s mine…so don’t even think about lecturing me now.”

Angel opened the book again to the page titled “Queens”. He reread the passage again; it was his sire’s right. He could take Spike’s mate and child because it was his right as his sire. Drusilla was as nutty as a fruit cake, so by default he was Spike’s sire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy dozed gently next to Spike, when suddenly there was a vast gush of fluid produced from between her legs. Buffy sat up in shock. “Spike, it’s started, wake up.”

Spike woke up, felt the wetness, got off the bed and lifted her to the chair; quickly he stripped the bed and turned over the mattress. “Oh fuckin’ hell! I didn’t think it was going to start this bloody quick!” His voice a little strained because he was nervous, but didn’t want to show it to Buffy.

Trying to remain clam for Buffy’ sake he pulled on his Levi’s. He then went to the ottoman at the bottom of the bed and pulled out clean bedding. After struggling with the duvet cover and swearing a lot, he remade the bed, picked Buffy up and carried her through to the bathroom and placed her on the toilet. Next he added Buffy’s vanilla scented bath oils and ran a warm bath and helped her get in after she emptied her bladder again.

“Umm, you just relax sweetheart, I’m going to tell your watcher it’s started and see if your mid-wife’s here yet.” Spike spoke gently to his distressed mate to calm her so that he could leave her for a short time. He really didn’t want to leave her for just a few minutes, but the watcher needed to be told.

“Giles, Buffy’s labours started, her water has broken. Have you called her mid-wife yet?” Spike requested as he jumped the last flight of stairs to the bottom and then ran into the drawing room.

“Yes, I called her as soon as you gave me the number and she said she would be here by 2 pm. It’s nearly that now, so it won’t be long before she gets here. Is Buffy okay?”

The watcher was concerned for the well being of his slayer, she was the longest living slayer in the history of the council, now she was the mate of a master vampire and giving birth to their half breed child.

“Yes and no, I don’t think she thought it would happen so quickly after we had… you know?” Spike stuttered his need to get back to his mate increasing with every second wasted talking to Giles.

“Okay, you just go back to her and I’ll send the mid-wife up as soon as she gets here.” Giles sympathetically replied and with that the new father to be raced back up the stairs to be with Buffy.

On entering the bathroom Spike found Buffy crying, “Oh Goldilocks, what’s the matter baby?” Buffy was sitting in the bath clearly distressed, weeping quietly to her self and tears running down her cheeks.

She looked up at Spike, eyes circled with black rings where she was crying and looking completely terrified.

“I’m scared Spike, I thought there would be more time to get everything ready, we haven’t even finished decorating the nursery.”

“It’s okay, I’ll get the whelp to come and finish it tomorrow. I‘ll even let him bring that nerd Andrew if you want.” Spike comforted Buffy as she nodded her acceptance.

Just then, Spike heard the doorbell ring and Giles open it to the cheery elderly woman who was Buffy’s midwife.

“Kitten, your mid-wife’s here, lets get you out of this bath, shall we? I’ll help you through to our room before she comes up.” Spike whispered to her as he kissed her and carefully lifted her out of the bath. He wrapped her in a towel and dried her with loving care. He was carrying her down the hall into their room, as he heard Giles mount the stairs to show the woman where her new mother in waiting was.

Spike went over to the dresser and took out one of Buffy large over sized nightgowns, but Buffy shook her head and pouted “I want your red silk shirt again.”

Spike laughed to himself again and thought I knew I’d have no bloody shirts left as if I’m soddin’ going to wear that again after she’s had our baby in it. I’ll never wash the blood smell out of it!

There was a knock on the door and Giles announced the mid- wife had arrived. Seeing that Buffy was decently attired in front of her watcher, Spike opened the door to him and the midwife.

“How are you William?” she asked as she entered the room; she didn’t wait for an answer and went straight over to Buffy, who was now using the meditation methods Giles had taught her so many years ago as pain relief.

“Now my Quine” she asked in an Aberdonian lilt “Let’s be seeing how far along you are?”

Looking directly at Giles and Spike she ordered, “You out, I need to examine the missus to see how long we are to be at this job we have here and she doesn’t need an audience.”

Giles and Spike looked helplessly at each other then left the room, being told on the way that a nice cup of tea would go down well.

Downstairs Spike filled the kettle, went to the refrigerator took out a bag of O neg and warmed it in the microwave. Giles took the cups and saucers from the drainer and then prepared the teapot, warming it first.

“Do you think she is going to want biscuits?” Spike asked, as he poured his dinner into the novelty cup Buffy had found him on one of her many shopping trips; it had a picture of a cartoon vampire on it.

Giles looked over to him as he finished making the tea, “I don’t know? We’ll take some up anyway, shall we?”

Spike nodded his head in compliance, went over to the biscuit barrel and laid a selection of biscuits upon a plate.

“Where’s the tea tray?” Giles requested and Spike pulled open the cupboard under the sink and gave the watcher a large oval tray. Their task complete, Spike fed and their nerves clamed a bit they went back up to the bedroom.

Spike tenderly knocked at the door, which was opened the next second by Buffy’s midwife.

“Ah, there you are William; I was just coming to look for you. It seems we won’t be all that long, Buffy’s almost ready, 9 cm dilated already.” She enthused as she took a cup, and filled it with the tea they had brought up.

“Spike, I need you!” Buffy called from their bed, where she was propped up against the pillows.

Spike immediately crossed the room to the bed and kneeled besides it. After taking Buffy’s hand in his own, he kissed it gently. “I’m here baby, Shh now.” He saw that Buffy was perspiring profusely so he took a damp flannel from the side and washed down her brow.

“Spike it hurts!” she cried as another wave of pain coursed through her body. “Beatrice, I need something for the pain!” she was soon screaming as the contractions ripped through her small compact frame.

Spike growled as the midwife approached the bed, his need to protect his distressed mate overwhelming. The midwife slipped into game face and growled back “Hush now William, if you can’t control your self you will have to leave!”

Giles stood staring at the scene before him, two vampires tending to his slayer, bringing the child she should never have had into the world.

“Spike, perhaps we should go outside for a bit. I’m sure you are in need of a cigarette.” he coaxed the worried vampire.

Snarling Spike replied, “I’m not going anywhere Rupert, but you can go now! Get out. You’re not seeing Buffy naked!”

Complying with Spike’s demon’s wishes Giles left the room. He didn’t need to be dealing with an enraged vampire at just this moment in time.


Dawn burst through the front door at 6 pm on the dot with a flustered Willow in tow.

“Where is Buffy?” she asked after she had looked around the room and her sister wasn’t any where in sight.

Over the sounds of Buffy’s screams Giles tried to calm the younger Summer’s girl,” At this time, as you can hear, Buffy is giving birth to your niece. Spike is with her and I’m sure if they need us, we will be summoned.”

“But I want to be with her. I need to be with her!” Dawn almost cried her lip in a pout almost identical to Buffy’s when she was sulking.

It was then that Willow spoke as she cuddled the upset teenager “Shh now sweetie, there is nothing you can do, Spike’s with her and so is her midwife. Isn’t she Giles?”

“Yes, that’s right, the midwife is there also. Talking of which Willow, did you know the midwife Buffy and Spike had engaged was a vampire? And if you did, why wasn’t I told? I am head of the watchers council now! It’s imperative that I know these things!”

Willow stood thinking; I need the ground to open and swallow me now. I don’t want to answer this. Please ground open for me. But she knew there wasn’t a getting out of it by the look Giles was giving her so she stuttered her reply, “Umm kindda yeah, Spike’s known her for about a hundred years or so.”

“Oh, okay. Spike and I will be having words about this later.” Giles said nodding his head at the worried red headed witch. He didn’t want to upset her either; she had just gotten her magic under control again after her relapse, when Kennedy left her for one of the new female watchers.

Another scream pierced the air...

TBC…