Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Evelyne for here beta work....If anyone does notice any mistakes please let me know and I'll fix it ....A special thanks goes to jamies_lady for noticing a error the last chapter....Thanks Sweetie it's all fixed now.....
Chapter seven

Beatrice descended the stairs from where she had left the sleeping couple and went to the drawing room in search of Giles.

“Mr. Giles do you think you could telephone the council and find out if they know where Drusilla is. I need to try and contact her as quickly as possible. I think it’s important that she comes to help William with his grand-sire. She may know what it is that the codex says exactly. I know Darla insisted that she learn The Aurelian law when she was under her tutelage, because Angelus never bothered about any laws and she wanted someone to learn and remember the traditions of the Clan. If not, I’m going to have to try and send her a distress call through my bond and hope Angel doesn’t feel it too. I know that’s why William hasn’t tried it yet.”

“Of course, I never gave it much thought that she might be needed. As far as I know she was last seen in China again, before that she was in Los Angeles.”

Giles was aware that the Aurelian clan had very strong family ties, but not as much that they could call on one and the other for help and that was exactly what Beatrice intended to do. He hadn’t even known she existed until earlier this evening, when Willow told her about her connection to Spike while they waited for Buffy to deliver the baby. She wasn’t mentioned in any of the watchers diaries.

Giles was perplexed how it could be that Beatrice had simply slipped
Through the council net no one had ever even heard of her but Spike thought highly enough of her, to have her supervises this birth of his child, to listen to her commands of him also. No Giles was going to find out everything he could about this member of the Aurelian clan before the drama which was playing out before him got any worse.

Going over to the telephone Giles dialled the number to the watcher council. “Put me though to Andrew and Xanders office please Eve.” he asked the brilliant new assistant from Germany she had recently moved to improve here English skills and to be nearer to a friend. Giles found her pleasant to work with and very industrious about her work.

“I’m connecting you now Mr Giles” came Eve’s cheerful voice.

“Andrew speaking how may I help you? Mr Giles is any thing wrong with Buffy and Spike?” Andrew was worried about the slayer he had a great fondness for Spike too since they had been to the monastery to find out about Caleb
and the first.

“Andrew stop rambling I need you to find out where in the world Spike sire is! I know she was last sighted in China but I don’t know where she is now its imperative that we find her Spike and Buffy’s new born child’s life depends on her getting here.”

“You are joking right you need to find Drusilla; what has she got to do with the baby and talking of which is she as lovely as we imagined she’d be? Xander says we have to wait here until Spike says we can come or he’ll eat us both but he wouldn’t do that would he not now.”

“Andrew now I need the information now if you please!” Giles was becoming irate with the young watcher he didn’t need. “And Andrew contact Faith too, tell her to get the first plane from clevedon to London.”

Turning from replacing the receiver back in it cradle Giles looked to the elderly looking vampire who it seem was much younger than it seem to be.” I’ve asked Andrew to find Drusilla if any one can find he will.”

“Thank you Mr Giles if you’ll excuse me William said there was a room I might use in the attic; he has had the windows blackout there apparently. I can feel the dawn approaching I need to sleep I never could get the hang of being awake during the daylight not like William and the others could, it one of the reasons I left the clan for my own protection Angelus would have staked me if he had of had the chance but my William always soon up of me taking my punishments too”

“Excuse me Spike took your punishments too? Why?” Giles was even more intrigued He never seen Spike show affection for anyone only Buffy and he never seemed the type to stand up of another vampire. He had even left Drusilla to fend for herself in Mexico to come back to Buffy.

“It is a long story Mr Giles one that my sire should tell not me as I would over step my position if I was to tell how I came to be just know this William is my sire and I would die before I let any thing happen to him Buffy or their child. And now I really must go to bed it’s a long climb to the top of the house from here. Goodnight Mr Giles.”

Watching her leave the room Giles felt he need to call Willow she was sleeping on the floor above he needed to make sure that the house was completely vampire proof except those that were safely inside the house. He climbed the stairs to be confronted by a dishevelled looking Spike “Spike Beatrice said you and Buffy were sleeping?”

“And I was but it seems mine and Buffy’s new daughter had different ideas about that I’m going to fetch Buffy some toast why she feeds Tara. Why are you coming up stair anyway? You normally sleep in the basement rooms I heard Beatrice climbing up to the attic perhaps I should have prepared a room on a lower floor for her but she always had her room in the attic when she was my nannie.”

“Stop right there Spike and repeat that bit Beatrice was your nannie? How the hell did you become her sire then?” Slowly bits of information were slowly being dropped into place Spike had turned his childhood nannie but why?

“I turned her to help look after Dru you pillock Angelus was bored with her and left me to see to her but the bloody hell did I know about looking after a female doing her make up and her so I knew my old nannie knew how to look after girls as well as boys I mean she looked after my sister before she died of the consumption so I turned her stopped Drusilla staking her by making sure she gave her miss bloody Edith a there you go I’ve got a childe and Drusilla got a bloody nurse to care for her and feed her too! That answer your bloody questions Rupert!”

“Just one more thing what did Beatrice mean when she said you took her punishments from Angelus?”

“Angelus was a bastard to us younger clan members as the youngest she couldn’t do anything right for him if he heard dru crying at all he blamed Beatrice and would go to whip her but I use to say it was my fault and so he use to beat me instead okay. Now I’m going to get my mate her toast if you don’t mine or she’ll bloody stake me you know how quick she gets pissed off.”

Giles watched as Spike continued down the stairs to bring Buffy her meal…

TBC...