Author's Chapter Notes:
You know drill thanks to all the reviews on the last chapter and to Evelyne for her Betaing work....
CHAPTER EIGHT

Angel was a little more than pissed when he and the others arrived back at the hotel.

“Gunn, Wesley, I’m going up to my rooms. I want you to bring me up something fresh and young to eat. Try Kings Cross station, you should find something younger and not too well used down there; if not in Soho should be something good too. Make sure the girl hasn’t got a pimp though. I don’t want the peeler’s poking their noses around or the watcher council.”

Wesley nodded his compliance but Gunn wasn’t so sure. “Um boss? Are you sure? I mean, kidnapping the Slayer and her child is one thing, but picking up prostitutes for you to feed off is way out of line.”

Pulling Gunn by the lapels into the lift with him Angel changed to game face. “You’ll do as I say or else…. Do you hear me? Go get my dinner! I’m hungry.”

Letting go of the startled man Angel shoved him toward Wesley again. “Go now, you have 1 hour! Or I’ll have to eat what I brought with me, and that would include you. I would hurry if I was in your shoes”

Scrambling back to his feet Gunn watched the sneering face of Angel disappear behind the lift doors. “Come English, let’s go and get the boss his dinner.”

Gunn had not seen Angel this angry in ages, in fact not since he had helped Conner kill Jasmine and Cordelia had fallen into the coma.

No, it had been quiet a while since Angel had shown any emotions about anything. He hadn’t even shown any emotions when Buffy had threatened to stake him in LA, when the reunited couple had left in the first place to make their own life in London and Buffy had chosen his grand-childe over him. He had tried to stop them but failed.

In the lift Angel paced back and forth waiting for it to reach the penthouse on the top floor. Under his breath he cursed his ill mannered grand-childe, swearing to himself that he would take a new queen no matter what. “I’ll kill William the bloody, I’ll tear limb from bloody limb from his I undead body and then stake him when his torso is everything that is left and he begs me to end his miserable life. I should have fuckin’ staked that bastard year’s ago. That would of taught him to disobey a direct order from his sire“


Back at the town house the telephone rang and a sleepy Dawn answered it.

“Hello? Dawn speaking, who is this so early in the morning and who do you want to speak to? “

Waiting for the caller to speak, Dawn yawned loudly in the mouthpiece of the phone. Baby Tara had been crying for two hours non stop and listening from her bed it seemed no amount of nursing from Spike and Buffy was going to pacify her.

“Hi Dawn, it’s me, Andrew. What do you mean early in the morning? It’s almost 8 am. What is that noise in the background? It’s almost bursting my watchery eardrums. And speaking of watchers is Mr. Giles around?”

“Oh, Andrew, sorry about the morning-grumpiness, but THAT noise is my niece. She’s been screaming like that for hours. I’ll just get Giles. Are you coming over later with Xander?”

“Yes, we planed to after we finished up the paperwork, got the rest of the calls from our informants we are waiting for and if Mr. Giles doesn’t have any other orders for us. We can’t wait to see the love-child of the mighty Slayer and her returned form the dead vampire. It’s so amazing. Legends and stories will be told about her and…” Andrew went from earnest watcher to storyteller of “The Slayer of vampires“in the blink of an eye.

Rolling her eyes Dawn took a deep breath and tried to interrupt him.

“Okay, okay Andrew please stop. I’ll see you then and I’ll get Giles now.” Placing the telephone on hold Dawn ran down the stairs to the basement, knocking on the first door she came to.

“Giles! Andrew’s on the phone for you!” she yelled loudly through the door.

Opening the door a dishevelled looking Giles took the receiver. He too could hear the cries of Tara, combined with the excitement of the events of the evening and the research he did when he went to his room, he just felt exhausted when Dawn woke him up after a pitiful nap of 30 minutes.

“Thank you, Dawn. Could you please put on the kettle so I could make my self some Earl Grey when I’m done with this call?”

Bouncing back up the stairs Dawn shouted back “Yeah okay, take your time. I’ll prepare what you need for the tea.”

“Andrew, did you find her? Have you found Spike’s sire? We must contact her.”

Giles wanted to get Drusilla to London as quickly as possible, if that meant sending the council’s private jet with Spike or Beatrice in it to get her to come, he would.

“Yes, Mr. Giles, the new watcher in Rome says he saw her in the company of the Immortal last evening. I believe that she has a new lair in the hills just outside of the city limits. Do you wish for us to bring her in? She should be easy to capture as it is daylight now?”

“Yes, send a capture team in but don’t harm her in any way. Make sure she is fed. I don’t need Spike any more upset as he already is. He and Buffy have been awake most of the night with the new baby.”

“Okay Mr Giles. I’ll get right on to it. I’ll go myself and ask Xander to come too. I heard once that Drusilla got a liking for him. I’m sure we can have her back in London by this evening if you wish?”

“Yes Andrew that would be most agreeable under these circumstances. I think her presence is needed more than both, Beatrice and Spike, realise at the moment. Goodbye Andrew, please don’t distress her and cause her to send out distress calls to Angel, Spike or anyone else, who we don’t seem to know about. I’ll see you this evening, bring her straight to me.”

“Ok Mr. Giles, we’ll see you this evening with Drusilla in tow.”

With a weary sigh Giles hung up the phone and made his way up to the kitchen. He sent a little prayer to the powers that be that Drusilla would be found and willing to help her childe against her own “Daddy”.

Tbc…