Author's Chapter Notes:
okay thank yo Evelyne for the beta...ing and anyone who's left a review I'll try to reply to them this evening....
Chapter nine

Xander was exhausted. He and Andrew had spent the last two hours on a jet, then chasing Drusilla through the sewers of Rome and now they had her finally nicely cornered in a dead end in the sewers leading to her lair.

“Drusilla, Spike needs your help and we aren’t going to hurt you, alright? If you come with us now, you will see him very soon. He’s got something very special to show you …”

“No! The pixies say you are telling lies, bad boys trying to take me and Miss Edith, no, no….. If my dark prince would need his mummy, he’d call to her … no dark prince calling, no daddy calling, just sweet baby pixie, baby pixie crying and crying…, you are bad, bad puppies, I’ll have to punish you…”

Drusilla hissed at the two watchers, lashing out with her talon like fingernails with Miss Edith tucked tightly under her arm. She gave Xander no choice as to aim the tranquilizer gun he had with him at the angry vamp and just when she was about to jump at Andrew, Xander hit her with a dart in the shoulder and one to her side. With a last mewl she sacked unconscious down to the floor.

“Get her up and into the coffin Andrew. Don’t forget the doll if that’s not with her, Spike’s going to kill us when she has a freak out over that stupid doll.”

“Ew, I don’t think so. Look what she’s fallen in, it’s disgusting and my shoes are already ruined. Do you even know how much they cost me? Maybe you’re not worried about being covered in the waste of the Roman Empire, but I am.”

“ANDREW, Giles needs her back today, remember? And if she not we’re in big big trouble, so I don’t care what happened to your shoes or if you paid 10 pounds or 300, so get over it. Plus I’m supposed to finish the nursery when we get back. Come on, I’ll help you, lift her head will ya. God, she’s heavier than she looks.”

“Perhaps it’s because she’s actually dead. You know dead weight…” Andrew grinned at him sheepishly as he tried to explain it to the now fed up Xander, but it only earned him an eye roll.

“I don’t really care, okay? Do up the lid so we can lay her safely in the coffin and get out of here to get back to the jet.”

With that, Xander started to lift his end of their cargo and they walked back the same way they had come through the miles of dank and dark tunnels back to the van.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 5:27 pm as the sun was setting, Spike came out of his and Buffy’s bedroom, the sounds of their newborn still ringing in his ears. Tara had been crying for hours and nothing he or Buffy had done could pacify the crying infant. She had been changed, fed, cuddled and still she cried, Buffy was disturbed at what could be wrong with their child and all Spike wanted to do was escape the constant noise.

He had to have some nicotine now, before his newborn daughter drove him completely round the bend. Plus in the back of his mind he could feel Drusilla drawing and calling him on a family bond. Well, he didn’t have time to be dealing with Dru as well as Angel. She would just have to cope on her own or call to her daddy, instead of her Dark Prince. Nope, Spike was determined that Buffy and Tara always came before the stupid family he had been sired into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a jet over the English Channel Andrew called the council headquarters.

“Eve, it’s me Andrew here. Can you please meet us at the Summer’s residence in about 60 minutes? We are about to land at the airport. Oh and Eve, could you pick up some fresh blood for Spike and flowers for Buffy too?”

“Yes, of course Mr. Andrew. Am I to take it that you have Spike’s sire in custody? Should I inform Mr. Giles of your intend arrival time?”

“Yes, would you be so kind and tell him. Xander says to get some doughnuts too. We haven’t eaten all day; she sort of gave us the run around the Roman sewer system. I thought she would be asleep, Spike usual does during the day. Strange, really, she was talking about baby pixies crying and calling to her just before Xander hit her with the tranquilizer darts. Okay, I must go the seat belt sign just came on. Bye Eve.”

“So… is Eve going to meet us there then Andrew?” Xander thoughts of the new assistant were verging on the pornographic side. He wanted to ask her for a date but had yet to do so. He thought it would upset the others to think, that he could so quick and easily forget Anya and move on to new pastures.

“Yes, she should be there as we arrive with our guest. Did you ask her for a date yet?” Andrew knew his friend had developed a crush on the new young German assistant, but then if he wasn’t dating Mathew he would ask her himself.


Spike sat on the back step to the house smoking his fourth cigarette as Beatrice came out to see where he was.

“William, why is Buffy tending to Tara by herself and you’re out here smoking for the whole of England?”

“Because Beatrice, my daughter has had us up since before dawn this morning with her constant crying, that neither me nor Buffy seem to be able to stop. She just keeps crying. Dawn’s tried to calm her as well as Giles and Willow and now I’m at my wits end and my mate sent me out for a break. When I’m finished with this fag I’ll go back inside, make Buffy something to eat and then I’ll go and help her again with our very loud daughter, who I can assure you, has a fit pair of lungs.”

“Ok, I’m sorry, I didn’t want to hassle you, and... um one minute of your time if you please Sire. I feel Drusilla in distress and calling to me is she calling you too?”

“Yeah she is, but I don’t have time for bloody Dru right now. She’ll have to deal with whatever is upsetting her by herself. ”

Getting up from his seat, Spike stubbed out his fag on the doorpost and flicked the stub into the rose bushes by the door, he then vanished inside and Beatrice could hear him rummaging through the cupboards to find a snack for Buffy and talking to Willow. He asked her if she could order pizza for all of them and that she shouldn’t forget to order the garlic bread this time.

After she had heard Spike leave the kitchen Beatrice went in the kitchen herself.

“Mr. Giles, I take it from the distress calls Drusilla is sending that you have her in custody and from the strength of the calls already on route here. It’s a good job my sire is preoccupied with Tara and Buffy, as he could be quiet upset by the thoughts of her arrival otherwise.”

“Yes, we have her and Andrew and Xander should be here shortly. I was hoping for your help with controlling her, plus we need to get Buffy to invite her in when they arrive.”

Giles heard Dawn answer the front door and welcome someone cheerily and then his name being yelled.

“Giles, Eve’s here and she says that Xander and Andrew should be here in a minute.”

“Yes, okay Dawn.” Giles answered as he walked through from the kitchen with Beatrice following him, “Eve, hello my dear. Are you well this evening?”

Giles greeted the assistant and shaking her unladden hand in the process. “Have you spoken to Andrew recently?” he continued to question her as he helped her with the flowers and the cool bag that she carried in her other arm.

“Yes Mr. Giles, Xander and Andrew should be here in no more than another ten minutes.” Leaning forward towards the watcher she lowered her voice, “They have Miss Drusilla with them, contained within a coffin for their and her safety.”

“Oh my goodness! Spike’s not going to like that!”

“What am I not going to like? “ Spike asked as he came down the stairs with a still crying Tara on his shoulder.

“Eve, have you meet my new daughter?” He proudly asked the watchers’ assistant. “Dawn, can you go and please help Buffy? She getting bathed and changed.”

Without waiting for a reply from either Eve or Dawn he turned back to Giles.

“So Rupert, I’ll ask again, what am I not going to like?”

“Well, you see…uhm… It would seem that we have Drusilla in custody and she is in transit to here.” Giles knew what Spikes reaction was going to be and wasn’t disappointed one bit.

“Are you fucking mad? You had Drusilla caught and brought here with all the trouble we got with soddin’ peaches? Are you out of your tiny mind Rupert? I don’t fuckin’ believe you, how could you be so stupid? No wonder she been calling to everyone most of the day. You idiot, you know if she’s called me and Beatrice, she’s called her daddy too, don’t you, you prat!”

“Um yes, I … I thought she might well do.” Giles tried to pacify the now raging vampire who still held his child close to his shoulder as he paced the floor. ”Why don’t you let Eve take Tara for a bit and why don’t you just think things through for a moment, ok?”

But the moment was lost as soon as Eve had Tara in her arms and the door bell rang for a second time that night…

TBC



A/N ps ....Yes Eve is named after my wonderful beta if you all wondering