Author's Chapter Notes:
PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
Chapter 10: Good vs. Evil

Willow sat in the center of Giles’ dining room with her legs crossed, organizing the ingredients and materials she would need for her spells. Buffy and spike had moved the couches and coffee table out of the way and warmed up their muscles by sparring. Xander and Cordelia sat at the dinner table whittling stakes with bored expressions on their faces.

“This is so boring? Isn’t there something else that we can do that doesn’t involve getting splinters?” Cordy asked, tossing the third stake she’d whittled that day on the table and sat back with her arms crossed.

Giles, who was also at the table, was looking through an ancient book with a worn spine and soft leather cover, didn’t look up as he responded. “Well if you really want you can play bait. We can hang you up, smear blood on your clothes and wait for Darla and Angelus to get hungry and come after you.” Giles didn’t even crack a smile but the tone of his voice implied the joke he was making.

Cordy sat up quickly and went back to whittling stakes again. “So! Stake whittling it is!”

Buffy was throwing a series of punches at Spike and he deflected a few, also catching a couple with his face. Her punch was hard, full of anger towards Angelus. This was what he was trying to get out of her when they fought. This was the reason he loved sparring with her. She had so much passion and rage when she fought that it could blind her opponent. He was currently taking a beating, and for once he didn’t mind. If she fought like this with him, when she came up against Angelus in a couple hours, there would be no stopping her.

While he was thinking this, Buffy had the opportunity to grab him around the waist and flip him over her should to land hard, flat on his back. “What was that?” Buffy said with a big grin on her face and she wiped her brow. “I thought you were the ‘Big Bad’…now you’re losing the fight to little old me.” She held out her hand for him to grab, and helped him get back up.

“I was distracted.” Spike justified, with a groan. He cracked his neck and shook out his hands ready to continue.

“Oh really? By what?” The slayer asked in disbelief. Spike stepped closer to her, leaving only a few inches between them.

When he spoke, his voice was low so that no one else heard. “You’re gonna beat him, love. I know it. The way you were fighting with me: the anger and the passion you put into your punches…it’s almost blinding. Angelus won’t stand a chance.” Spike smiled. Not smirked or a sneer…he actually smiled. A beautiful smile Buffy thought. “I’m so proud of you.”

Buffy blushed prettily, and smiled back. She wanted to cry. Spike was proud of her. “Thanks Spike. I really appreciate that.” Taking a chance, Buffy took a step closer to him, wrapped her arms around his waist, and pressed her cheek against his chest.

Spike was in shock for a second and it took him a moment to react. He cautiously put his arms around her and then tightened his embrace, keeping her as close to him as possible. “You’re welcome, Buffy.” He rested his chin on her head, discreetly smelling the fruity aroma of her shampoo.

Willow noticed this, but everyone else was too caught up in his or her own conversations to see it. She always had a feeling about those two, and part of her was happy that they were seeing it themselves now. She smiled and went back to organizing her spells.

* * * * *

A couple hours later, the whole gang quietly walked down the alley by the warehouse that Darla and Angelus were nesting in. Spike sniffed the air a frowned for a second. “This way.” He led them through the end on the alley to the back door of the building. He took the lock that was on the handle and ripped it off without a problem, and dropped in on the ground carelessly.

“Wow…that was kinda hot.” Cordelia commented, drawing everyone’s attention to her. Buffy gave her a glare, and she almost thought that she heard her snarl. “Sorry.”

“Now when go in…we’ll have to take out their minions first. Once that’s finished with, then Buffy and I can fight Angelus and Darla.” Spike stated, turning back to the group of people behind him.

“What if they’re in there with the other vampires?” Xander asked with an almost annoyed tone.

“Are you kidding? They would never stay in the same room with their minions…they’re too high on themselves to do that, especially Angelus. No, they’ll have their own area where they have their guilty pleasures.” Spike said with what sounded like disgust.

“Thanks for the imagery, Spike.” Buffy said dryly. Walking past him, she put her hand on the doorknob. “Okay, on the count of three we charge in: one…two…three!” All of them ran in and Buffy attacked the first vampire she saw that was standing by the door.

That got everyone’s attention. All the vampires looked up from what they were doing: playing cards, sparring, or rummaging through stolen belongings. “Hey boys…well this looks like a party. Mine if we join you?” Buffy announced, her wit coming naturally.

“Slayer.” One of them growled, slowly walking towards her.

“Damn…you’re good. But,” she said, reaching behind her to the waistband on her pants. “Just not good enough.” She whipped it out and threw it right at his heart and watched as the vampire turned to dust and collapsed to the ground right in front of her. “So…” Buffy turned around to face the other vampires that were now surrounding the gang. “Who’s next?” she held up her stake ready for action.

Buffy and Spike charged the vampires, throwing punches and kicks. Xander, Giles and Cordelia were holding their own, using crosses and holy water to ward the minions off and towards the fighting duo, while Willow ran off to a secluded area to do the spells she prepared.

Buffy and Spike had dusted all 21 vampires that the master vampires had turned with barely a scratch on them. Newly risen vamps had no experience so fighting them was way too easy. Taking a bit of a breather, both blondes turned to each other and joined Xander, Giles and Cordelia in the middle of the room.

“Okay…we need about ten minutes for Willow to finish. Then we can seek out Angelus and Darla. You guys don’t need to be here okay…go wait outside I don’t want you guys getting hurt.” Buffy said.

“No…let them stay.” Angelus stated from his spot in the doorway about 5 yards away from them. Darla walked up beside him, placed one arm around his waist and her other hand lovingly on his stomach. “I feel like a big dinner.”



A/N: hey…soo sorry for the late update I mentioned before for another story that I was very busy lately and didn’t have much time. Okay so I know I told you before that this was going to be the chapter with the big Darla/Angelus/Spike/Buffy fight…but I lied. I wasn’t really planning on doing all of the beginning part but then I got it started and then felt that it gave me a chance to develop the relationship between Buffy and Spike a bit more. Anyways the next chapter will DEFINITELY be the big fight scene. I think I’ll probably update within the next couple of days…I’ll try and get it done by the end of next week because I have exams coming up and I really need to spend that time studying. Thanks for reading the story, and please review to tell me what you think! LOVE YOU ALL!!!