Author's Chapter Notes:
hey thanks for the reviews i really appreaciate it!! i hope you like what i wrote up for you guys...it's kinda my way of celebrating the fact that i'm finally out of school now....-for this year :(..- anyways please leave a review and tell me what you think!!

WARNING: i know it says character death....but not a main character. so dont worry.
Chapter 11: Make It Yours

Buffy turned to the rest of the group and yelled for them to run then turned to look at the demon couple in the doorway to another section of the warehouse where they were most likely staying. The slayer kept her face neutral while on the inside her heart started beating faster. She took a few calming breaths knowing that Angelus could probably hear her heat pounding. Spike stepped forward in a way of protecting Buffy.

“Hello Angelus.” Spike greeted with a cold calmness. She didn’t understand how he could sound so calm. He sounded fearless.

Angelus gently removed Darla’s hand from his stomach and stepped forward to meet Spike. “So this is what it’s come down to, hey boy? You fighting with the Slayer against your family…I thought you were more loyal than that.” The dark-haired vampire stated disappointedly. “I wonder what Drusilla would think about you straying, and going against our Clan.”

Spike nearly growled at the sound of his Sire’s name. “Keep Dru out of this.”

“Poor Spike…so lost you are now.” Spike’s eyes widened in disbelieve, and cast a glance at the entrance where both Darla and Angelus had entered through. The figure of none other than his Sire stood in the doorway holding a raven-haired doll with a red silk handkerchief covering her eyes. Drusilla wore a long white dress that touched the floor and stood on the floor with bare feet. She looked so much like a child like that, that he almost wanted to take her back in his arms and coddle her like he used to. “Mummy’s very cross with you.” A small pout formed on her lips as she ran her long pale fingers through the dolls hair.

“Dru…” Spike whispered out in awe. He hadn’t seen her in decades…since that night when he left to bring the girl home and he never came back. She looked ill…and it saddened him. No matter how much damage she could do he still cared deeply for her. She saved him…took him from a life he couldn’t stand and showed him things he thought he’d never see. She was his salvation.

“My Spike…” her pout turned into a devilish grin and she floated past Darla and Angelus to stand right next to the souled vampire to rest her cold hand over his dead heart.

Buffy watched this and had to contain her anger. Why isn’t he stopping this?! she thought to herself. She felt hurt and naïve for not thinking that if he ever had a chance to go back to her he would. And here Spike was, closing his eyes to the familiar touch of Drusilla’s hand, succumbing himself to her.

Spike basked for a second in the feel of his Sire, the connection between them still strong and sending feelings through his body. Then an image of Buffy flashed into his mind: Her big, beautiful, jade eyes filling with tears and her plump bottom lip jutting out. His eyes popped open and he roughly pushed Drusilla away from him sending her flying to the ground.

Darla was shocked to say the least. She had thought for sure that the raven-haired vampire would break down Spike’s walls and get him to join their side again…then all four of them would take down the slayer.

“That won’t work on me anymore Dru. I don’t belong to you anymore.” Spike declared glaring at his Sire that was slowly coming to her feet again. Spike reached back and grabbed Buffy’s hand in reassurance, and sighed in relief when she tightened her hold on him.

Darla walked up slowly now standing beside Angelus who was watching all of this with a sick smile on his face. “And what? You belong to the slayer?” she asked mockingly. “Wow Spike that’s just pathetic. And here I thought you’d learn you’re lesson when Candice died.” Darla smiled at the shocked look on both Spike and Buffy’s face.

“How did you know about that?” he growled.

Angelus chuckled deeply. “Come on, Willy! We’re family…it’s our job to know these things. How painful was it watching her die, Spike? What did it feel like hearing her beg for-” Angelus was cut off when Spike lunged at him, throwing rage-filled punches at his face. All his grandsire did was laugh. “You ready to go though it again?” he whispered in Spike’s ear.

Spike turned around to see Darla holding Buffy from behind: one hand tightly gripping her throat, and her other arm squeezing her around the waist, causing her ribs to crack under the pressure. Her face was starting to go blue, and she was struggling as hard as she could to get away.

“What are you gonna do Spike?” Darla asked changing into her demon visage. “Are you gonna let me turn her…or are you gonna try and save her and watch as I snap her neck?”

Spike was in a big dilemma. He couldn’t watch her die, and he couldn’t let Darla turn her. She wouldn’t be the same, and she’d end up becoming the opposite of who she really was. He knew that she would never want that for herself.

“Spike…” Buffy gasped out. “Don’t…worry about me. Please.” Her eyes were starting to close and she felt herself begin to pass out. Darla lowered her mouth slowly watching Spike the whole time waiting to see what move he would make.

Spike growled and started to run at her to pull Buffy away from the blonde vampire/

“Separate!” Willow yelled, causing Darla and Spike to fly in different directions. Darla’s body slammed hard up against a wall, and knocked her out. Spike slid back, and Buffy dropped to the floor in a heap. Willow ran over and helped Buffy’s head rest in Spike’s lap. “Sorry I took so long…I-”

“It’s okay…” spike rushed out. “She still has a pulse. She’ll be okay.” He ran his hand lovingly over her face, and then looked up to find Drusilla standing a few yards away with a scowl on her face. He lifted her head and gently placed her in Willow’s lap, before he stood up and walked over to Drusilla. “Leave. Leave town…leave the country. I don’t want to see you; I don’t want to feel you. I’m not yours.” Spike said harshly. Dru reached forward to touch his chest again, but Spike quickly grabbed it and twisted it around, putting her fragile body in a painful position. “I’m letting you off the hook this time. But the next time I see you…I’ll stake you.” He roughly let go off her, and pushed her away. With tears in her eyes, she ran out the door.

Spike turned around to see how Buffy was doing, and she was starting to come to. Looking past her, he saw Angelus helping Darla to her feet, putting an arm around her, and heading for the door. Angelus glared at Spike as he went by, but silently begging him to let them be. Spike waited until they were almost to the door before calling his name.

“Angelus.” He called, waiting until said vampire turned around turning Darla around with him. Spike let two stakes fall from the inside of his leather duster, and threw both of them at the vampires, hitting them precisely in their dead hearts. Spike, Buffy and Willow watched as the two disintegrated into ashes, their arms still around each other, before falling to the ground in a pile of dust.

A collective sigh fell from everyone’s lips relieved that this battle was finally over. Without a second thought, Spike rushed over to Buffy helping her to her feet, and pulling her into a tight hug. She hugged him back just as tight ignoring the pain in her ribs. “Oh God…I was so worried. I thought I lost you.” Spike murmured into her soft golden hair.

Buffy could not do anything but sob into his chest as she thought of how close she was to losing him herself. How close Spike looked to giving into his sire. But she was gone now. She didn’t know where she went, but she didn’t care as long as she wasn’t coming back.

“Let’s get you home okay…you need some rest.” Spike said pulling away briefly to kiss her on the forehead.

“Giles…and the others?” Buffy rasped out looking at Willow.

“They probably went back to Giles’ apartment…I can stop by there and tell them everything went okay…somewhat.” She added as an afterthought taking in Buffy’s condition.

“We’ll walk with you…I don’t want you walking there by yourself, plus I need to walk it off.” Buffy said as they walked towards the door, past the ashes of their enemies. Spike held his hand tightly in hers, as if he was reassuring himself that she was still there beside him.

* * * * *

After walking Willow to Giles’ apartment and making a brief appearance to say she was okay, Spike walked Buffy home…both of them sneaking through her bedroom window, Buffy not wanting her mom seeing her with red marks and bruises all along her neck, and the cracks in her ribs.

Buffy, who was completely exhausted had let Spike change her out of her clothes and into her pajamas. The act was innocent and although intimate, not sexual or with intent for anything but comfort and care.

He helped her slip into bed, and climbed in with her at her request (fully clothed by the way), and carefully pulled her into his arms. The two fell into a dreamless slumber, feeling more relaxed then they had since the vampire duo showed up.

Something else would come up…they always did. But until then, they would enjoy the time they had together, and if they learned anything from tonight it would be: if you want something, don’t wait so long to make it yours…because you never know when it might be taken away from you.